Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1648854 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mojisola95: 7:52pm On Jul 16, 2021
Shadomaan7:
Urgent!!! Please help.

I was denied the first F-1 student visa interview and I refilled a new DS-160 form so I can book another appointment.

I did not submit the DS-160 but went ahead to use the confirmation number to book visa appointment so I can see an earlier time.

However I forgot to submit the DS-160 and when I remember and went to retrieve the DS-160 online, I cannot find it and it says invalid.

The dilemma is that on my visa interview confirmation page, the DS-160 number is there as the confirmation BUT I can’t print out the DS-160 confirmation page on the DS-160 website because it’s invalid.

Please what can I do in this instance and my visa interview is next week Friday.

Fill another Ds160 and update it on your appointment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shadomaan7: 7:56pm On Jul 16, 2021
Mojisola95:

Fill another Ds160 and update it on your appointment

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MelaninGemstone(f): 8:04pm On Jul 16, 2021
Ok
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 16, 2021
Cieric24:
Pls I am also a lawyer looking to study in the US. Can you please put me through

PM me

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Friedpotato: 8:39pm On Jul 16, 2021
Hey guys, with a first bank domiciliary account, can I withdraw in the US with their card?

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 9:02pm On Jul 16, 2021
Yes but also share your transcript and the location of the embassy you were denied at?
MelaninGemstone:
Hey guys,

My visa was Denied in May, now I wanna reapply, do I have to fill another DS-160?

Or I should go straight and schedule a visa appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ladeonas: 9:46pm On Jul 16, 2021
The U.S. Embassy in Abuja has reduced public operations effective Friday, July 16 through next week as a security precaution. The U.S. Embassy has strongly encouraged U.S. staff to limit non-essential personal travel in the Federal Capital Territory and private U.S. citizens are advised to do the same.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 10:05pm On Jul 16, 2021
MelaninGemstone:
Hey guys,

My visa was Denied in May, now I wanna reapply, do I have to fill another DS-160?

Or I should go straight and schedule a visa appointment?

You will need to fill a new DS-160 & use the Confirmation number to schedule another appointment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 10:06pm On Jul 16, 2021
Hello, bosses.

I have deferred my admit to spring. Just to be sure, can I use the statements of account that is printed in June for my interview in October?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 10:06pm On Jul 16, 2021
Friedpotato:
Hey guys, with a first bank domiciliary account, can I withdraw in the US with their card?

Thanks.

Ask from your Account Manager.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 10:08pm On Jul 16, 2021
Duisburg:
Hello, bosses.

I have deferred my admit to spring. Just to be sure, can I use the statements of account that is printed in June for my interview in October?

An SOA printed in October will suffice June is far.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 10:13pm On Jul 16, 2021
Pefuele:

An SOA printed in October will suffice June is far.
Okay. But can I use a statement get my I-20, and use another during interview provided I tell the school to put family funding?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 10:49pm On Jul 16, 2021
@pefuele please advice me on what to do my school start date is on the 16th of august and my interview date is also on the 16th of august while classes begin on the 23rd of august please what would be the best thing in this type of situation please guru advice me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 16, 2021
Shadomaan7:

Thank you.

That’s what I thought too but I just want to be sure.

You just saved me from high blood tension.

Thanks bro.
you welcome
Success w your interview

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by oyakojo(m): 11:22pm On Jul 16, 2021
Visa Approved on Tuesday.
Lagos Embassy.

All praise be to God for His faithfulness. I wanted to give traveling for masters a final push after being denied three times at the Canadian embassy. my interview was scheduled for 10am so I got to the venue an hour before the interview.

Transcript

Profile;
Lagos
Deficit $29k
Civil Engineer
8 years working experience.
Masters of Construction Management
Fall 2021

V.O: Which school are you going to and study plan

Me: I am going to usa for my masters in Engineering Industrial Management with focus in Construction management at Bowling Green state university, Bowling Green, Ohio Usa. A total of 33 credit research hour is needed for this program. 27 credit research hour in course work and 6 credit research hour in thesis work. courses will be taken in construction management, business operation and problem solving techniques in the construction industry.

V.O: why this course

me: Having worked for 8 years in the construction industry as a civil engineer. I observed that the construction industry is in need of skilled construction managers.
this course will equip me with the advanced skills and Technical knowledge of construction management. it will enable me to develop the leadership skills needed to manage complex construction projects after completion of my studies
in Addition, the course will improve my professional credential which will enable me to take up a senior managerial position in my current place of work after completion.

V.O How many schools did you apply to?
me: I applied to two schools; Bowling Green State University and Purdue University and i got admission into both schools

V.O Why Bowling Green State University
me: There are two reasons I choose BGSU
1. the cost of attendance of BGSU is cheaper to Purdue University. BGSU COA is $29,000 and that of PU is $50,000
2. BGSU offers graduate internship within the two years course of studies. the school has a strong collaboration with the industry. this will help to harness the skill, knowledge and theoretical practice of what is taught in class and the practical realities of what is on site/industry.

V.O Are you married
me: I am married with a girl and a birth day coincide with class resumption at BGSU

V.O Is your wife going with you
me. I will only be staying in USA for 2yrs, will not be relocating permanently. my wife works at ..... insurance. it makes no sense for her to resign are work and move to the usa with me.

V.O where did you work
me. I told him

V.O How much is your salary
me I told him

V.O I will be approving your visa and he hands me the white paper.

My advice

Be confident , see it has a conversation with the V.O.
my interview lasted for about 4 minutes. I looked into his eye and was a bit fast because i observed that he did not want to spend more than 3 minutes with each applicants.

Lastly. Please pray

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Boonducks101: 5:02am On Jul 17, 2021
Good Morning All,

I was denied at the embassy this week and tried reapplying immediately. All I get is, if you're denied under 2 months, you won't be granted a date. When I checked the next available date, all I get is Jan 21,2022. I am meant to resume school August 24, is there anyway I can beat this thing and reapply for this fall? I would really need your help on this one. Many thanks & regards.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 5:21am On Jul 17, 2021
Please who applied for emergency appointment recently And has been attended to??

Please signify guys!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tunapawizzy: 5:21am On Jul 17, 2021
Boonducks101:
Good Morning All,

I was denied at the embassy this week and tried reapplying immediately. All I get is, if you're denied under 2 months, you won't be granted a date. When I checked the next available date, all I get is Jan 21,2022. I am meant to resume school August 24, is there anyway I can beat this thing and reapply for this fall? I would really need your help on this one. Many thanks & regards.
As it stands, it looks like you have paid a new MRV. That is d right thing to do. You have bought the ticket, now it's time to wait to see if u win d lottery. My advice is Pick any available date and start refreshing to see if u can get a favourable date to change to. You can only try, you might be lucky. You have well over one month to ur program start date. If u r lucky to get a good date in good time, you will still make it. I wish you all the best

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 6:02am On Jul 17, 2021
Sorry about that share your transcript so we can help you
Boonducks101:
Good Morning All,

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mayflowa(m): 8:50am On Jul 17, 2021
TWoods:

I guess you’ll ask someone to feed you as well. It’s clear many of you aren’t serious and frankly lazy. The post you quoted said quite clearly that your best bet is to target a January admission. No serious college in the US is still accepting applications for classes that start next month. Do your own homework.

I can't believe you are still dishing out these hard knocks for almost a decade now. lol. Some few schools still consider admission for the Fall. I am sure of University of Teaxas - Arlington and is R1 institution by Carnegie classification . But then what is admission without funding? Early applications provide a higher chance for funding.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by akomzy123: 9:00am On Jul 17, 2021
Share your transcript, let people help you first.

Boonducks101:
Good Morning All,

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amenndmore: 9:20am On Jul 17, 2021
Approvalll:
I did, have you tried rescheduling? What was the earliest date you saw when you tried to reschedule?

Please where did you apply? Lagos or Abuja and how soon did you get a response. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amenndmore: 9:22am On Jul 17, 2021
researcher108:

Yes, you can do an emergency request as long as you’ve not been denied in the space of 6 months. Attach the necessary documents (I-20 & SEVIS Receipt) with a strong justification in your request. Then follow up at intervals (email/call).

What do you mean by follow up at intervals, who do you call or email please. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bankalert(m): 9:34am On Jul 17, 2021
Should an applicabt add his or her nairaland account to US visa application?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 10:02am On Jul 17, 2021
Please who applied for emergency appointment recently And has been attended to??

Please signify guys!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 10:03am On Jul 17, 2021

Please signify guys!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 10:03am On Jul 17, 2021
Please who applied for emergency appointment or sent email or feedback recently And has been attended to??

Please signify guys!!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by haywhy17(m): 10:20am On Jul 17, 2021
Bankalert:

Wait guy! Are you thinking of not adding it it before?
Those that got visa approval here do add o.. that's why they all got their visas approved. Just remember to put # in front of your username when you want to add to further boost your chances.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 10:37am On Jul 17, 2021
Bankalert:
What are you? 5 today?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 10:43am On Jul 17, 2021
I applied for interview at the Abuja embassy
Amenndmore:

Please where did you apply? Lagos or Abuja and how soon did you get a response. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 10:45am On Jul 17, 2021
Please who else added their Nairaland account as a form of social media?
haywhy17:

Wait guy! Are you thinking of not adding it it before?
Those that got visa approval here do add o.. that's why they all got their visas approved. Just remember to put # in front of your username when you want to add to further boost your chances.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 11:17am On Jul 17, 2021
Please who is in Any USA students whatsapp group, please add me there 08163899861

I'm stranded

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.