Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1662096 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ChiefDaddy1: 12:56pm On Jul 16, 2021
Hello house please can I still apply to schools in US or all apps are closed. I just want to start this journey...I'm stressed already and tired but little hints to take note would be appreciated from anyone. Going for a masters but had a masters before tho.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by vizin: 1:04pm On Jul 16, 2021
Thank you!
Mojisola95:
Transcripts Evaluation Is part of some college or university admission requirements like Valencia community college does not required Evaluation you just send them your waec results like that or upload it on the application page

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 16, 2021
Hi Javan,
Kindly assist, I sent a mail, please reply. I'll like you to assist with how to go about this. Kindly refer. Thank you so much

JavanElsevier41:

Don't be offended Sha but if nah Lagos, you are on a long thing. I applied for EA at the Lagos embassy since last month. Till date no response. I had to switch to Abuja. Take my candid advice. If you can, switch go Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mojisola95: 1:27pm On Jul 16, 2021
ChiefDaddy1:
Hello house please can I still apply to schools in US or all apps are closed. I just want to start this journey...I'm stressed already and tired but little hints to take note would be appreciated from anyone. Going for a masters but had a masters before tho.

You can still apply but you will have to choose spring 2022 for your resumption, that is January intake not this year again because of appointment date and processing time for the school
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 2:01pm On Jul 16, 2021
Hello guys,

Anyone who is heading to Macomb or Chicago in spring 2022 should link up with me to prepare one another for visa.

Regards.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bond4141(m): 2:35pm On Jul 16, 2021
tobbyoladejo:

WAEC is not needed if you're doing evaluation towards a masters or PhD. You can upload a coloured scanned copy of your Bsc certificate when you log into your account, while your school supplies the transcript.

Thanks bro. I was shocked sha when i saw Degree Certificate instead of Waec, but what confused me was that a bro that processed his own to the same school in 2019 sent his WAEC result not a degree certificate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bond4141(m): 3:07pm On Jul 16, 2021
fairheart:

Keep checking, 3 times a day. Designate time for it. Ideally, 5AM, 12AM and the third chance in between.
The embassies will likely release date before weekend. Keep watching!

Fairheart, please can we talk on chat. I started processing my study abroad recently. I know i need / i will need you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 3:10pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kennykayy:
If one wants to change school in the us after getting visa and getting scholarship to another school, please how possible is it? Will I need to attend a semester before allowed to change school? Or do I notify the international office to transfer my sevis record ?

You transfer when you get to the international office of the school you got your visa with.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 3:13pm On Jul 16, 2021
ChiefDaddy1:

Spring2022 is more realistic & you should start now. Most Spring apps close in Oct. Some schools app for Spring will close this month. Also as you prepare for Spring2022 put fall2022 in the picture.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 3:14pm On Jul 16, 2021
CelinaAK:

Yes

Please if I click on reschedule will my previous date just cancel like that or I have to click another thing afterwards, because I am scared.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jojoey: 3:17pm On Jul 16, 2021
richieboy1994:

Please if I click on reschedule will my previous date just cancel like that or I have to click another thing afterwards, because I am scared.

it won't cancel, it would just show you the current available dates, you can check it up to 3 times a day.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 3:19pm On Jul 16, 2021
CelinaAK:

Yes

CelinaAK:

Yes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 3:19pm On Jul 16, 2021
Mimienny:
Good morning everyone,
I am new here. Please i need your advise. My company move to California last year, this year my boss wants me to supervise a project physical by September. Please which visa type is best for me to apply for and how early can i get an interview date. Thanks

It looks like your stay in Cali is temporary. You will need an L VISA since you are working for the same company. You should have worked continuously for 3 years.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 3:22pm On Jul 16, 2021
Sobafemi:
Please if one chooses to defer to spring (with the consent of the School and advisor) after getting visa approval for fall, would one need to get another visa again? since the i20 would change for spring?

Doesn't matter. The VISA is two years and covers it. However, you can only enter the US within the earliest admission date on your i-20.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 3:28pm On Jul 16, 2021
Pamelayoung:

Please I need help with interview preparations

If you have an interview date & you think you need my help you can PM. Otherwise, no need.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 3:42pm On Jul 16, 2021
jojoey:

it won't cancel, it would just show you the current available dates, you can check it up to 3 times a day.

Please what is best for time to check and is it only three times a day, one can check?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jojoey: 3:47pm On Jul 16, 2021
richieboy1994:

Please what is best for time to check and is it only three times a day, one can check?

Check anytime of the day you want but it can't be more than 3 times every 24 hrs. if you're lucky a good date might pop up but it's rare so don't put your mind to it. Let's just hope they begin approving emergency applications soon. If anyone's emergency application has been approved recently kindly indicate.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 3:58pm On Jul 16, 2021
Please who applied for Emergency date last week and has gotten response? Please house let's know so that we know where we stand

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 4:11pm On Jul 16, 2021
I did, have you tried rescheduling? What was the earliest date you saw when you tried to reschedule?
richieboy1994:
Please who applied for Emergency date last week and has gotten response? Please house let's know so that we know where we stand
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 4:19pm On Jul 16, 2021
Approvalll:
I did, have you tried rescheduling? What was the earliest date you saw when you tried to reschedule?

Nov 8th

Try it and pls tell me the latest date u saw
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 4:23pm On Jul 16, 2021
My normal date is 27 January 2022. And I try to reschedule I saw November and December must I click on the newer date ordo my school resume August 9 2021. Must I click on newer date that pop up on reschedule? I chose Lagos and have already requested for emergency already but haven’t get any response since Wednesday I requested for EA.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 4:46pm On Jul 16, 2021
Did trying to reschedule affect your normal date ? I would advise you to check midnight
richieboy1994:

Nov 8th

Try it and pls tell me the latest date u saw
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cieric24: 4:49pm On Jul 16, 2021
Pls I am also a lawyer looking to study in the US. Can you please put me through
Damite2ky:
Visa Approved this morning.
Abuja Embassy.

Transcript later.

I'm grateful to God and this forum
Profile;
Abuja
Deficit $26k
Lawyer, working as In-house counsel with an IT company.
4 years working experience.
Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
Fall 2021

Greeted and passed my i20 and passport through the opening.

V.O: Have you interviewed with the US embassy before?

Me: No

I did biometrics thereafter.

V.O: I see you're going to the Eastern Illinois University for your Master of Business Administration.

Me: That’s correct.

V.O: Why this school?

Me: I chose EIU for 2 reasons.
Reason no 1, EIU's MBA programme offers students the opportunity to participate and engage in Capstone projects of the school which students can leverage as graduate experience.

Reason 2, during my Skype call with Dr. xxxxxxx, the xxxxxxxx of Graduate Business Studies, I was informed that EIU also offers the opportunity to enroll in Graduate Certificate Programs such as Business Analytics alongside the MBA programme without extending the duration of my MBA programme or my stay in the US.

I see this as an advantage to get a competitive edge in my career, and this informed my decision to pick EIU.

V:O: why did you decide to go for MBA?

Me: This course fits nicely into my immediate plan of taking up senior management role at my current company and my long-term plan of becoming a seasoned business and strategy consultant.

My long-term goal of being a business and strategy consultant was further reaffirmed by the Covid-19 global pandemic of 2020.
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has shown that many essential businesses are more vulnerable more than others due to their lack of relevant management principles and their inability to adjust to changes brought about by unpredictable financial situations.

So, in addition with my legal experience, I expect that the knowledge garnered from the MBA programme will equip me with relevant skillset in the areas *VO cuts in* That’s fine.

V:O: what did you say your Company do again?
Me: Information Technology

VO: Who is paying for this?

Me: My Mum is my sponsor. She is a business woman, She owns two retail stores in Lagos and two in Oyo State, also she has access to funds from my late father's estate.

VO: Your visa is approved. *hands me the white paper*, keep your I-20..... * at this point, I was just nodding, I barely heard a word she said, next thing I heard was “to avoid being turned back at the port of entry”

No document was requested for except the ones I supplied (Passport, I-20, SEVIS Receipt)

Thank you all for the invaluable tips. God bless.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gbemi16: 5:47pm On Jul 16, 2021
ChiefDaddy1:

Is it for 2021/2022 session?

Is your previous masters related or similar to your intending master course of study?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cieric24: 6:07pm On Jul 16, 2021
Pls I need you to put me through in respect to your program and funding opportunities, and other schools you applied to
Damite2ky:
Visa Approved this morning.
Abuja Embassy.

Transcript later.

I'm grateful to God and this forum
Profile;
Abuja
Deficit $26k
Lawyer, working as In-house counsel with an IT company.
4 years working experience.
Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
Fall 2021

Greeted and passed my i20 and passport through the opening.

V.O: Have you interviewed with the US embassy before?

Me: No

I did biometrics thereafter.

V.O: I see you're going to the Eastern Illinois University for your Master of Business Administration.

Me: That’s correct.

V.O: Why this school?

Me: I chose EIU for 2 reasons.
Reason no 1, EIU's MBA programme offers students the opportunity to participate and engage in Capstone projects of the school which students can leverage as graduate experience.

Reason 2, during my Skype call with Dr. xxxxxxx, the xxxxxxxx of Graduate Business Studies, I was informed that EIU also offers the opportunity to enroll in Graduate Certificate Programs such as Business Analytics alongside the MBA programme without extending the duration of my MBA programme or my stay in the US.

I see this as an advantage to get a competitive edge in my career, and this informed my decision to pick EIU.

V:O: why did you decide to go for MBA?

Me: This course fits nicely into my immediate plan of taking up senior management role at my current company and my long-term plan of becoming a seasoned business and strategy consultant.

My long-term goal of being a business and strategy consultant was further reaffirmed by the Covid-19 global pandemic of 2020.
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has shown that many essential businesses are more vulnerable more than others due to their lack of relevant management principles and their inability to adjust to changes brought about by unpredictable financial situations.

So, in addition with my legal experience, I expect that the knowledge garnered from the MBA programme will equip me with relevant skillset in the areas *VO cuts in* That’s fine.

V:O: what did you say your Company do again?
Me: Information Technology

VO: Who is paying for this?

Me: My Mum is my sponsor. She is a business woman, She owns two retail stores in Lagos and two in Oyo State, also she has access to funds from my late father's estate.

VO: Your visa is approved. *hands me the white paper*, keep your I-20..... * at this point, I was just nodding, I barely heard a word she said, next thing I heard was “to avoid being turned back at the port of entry”

No document was requested for except the ones I supplied (Passport, I-20, SEVIS Receipt)

Thank you all for the invaluable tips. God bless.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cieric24: 6:13pm On Jul 16, 2021
Please can you help me with school options that will be earlier to get admission in the US please.

Pefuele:

Spring2022 is more realistic & you should start now. Most Spring apps close in Oct. Some schools app for Spring will close this month. Also as you prepare for Spring2022 put fall2022 in the picture.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 6:24pm On Jul 16, 2021
Cieric24:
Please can you help me with school options that will be earlier to get admission in the US please.

I guess you’ll ask someone to feed you as well. It’s clear many of you aren’t serious and frankly lazy. The post you quoted said quite clearly that your best bet is to target a January admission. No serious college in the US is still accepting applications for classes that start next month. Do your own homework.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jojoey: 6:33pm On Jul 16, 2021
Approvalll:

Are you saying they have responded to your emergency request
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 7:39pm On Jul 16, 2021
No they have not
jojoey:

Are you saying they have responded to your emergency request
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shadomaan7: 7:44pm On Jul 16, 2021
Urgent!!! Please help.

I was denied the first F-1 student visa interview and I refilled a new DS-160 form so I can book another appointment.

I did not submit the DS-160 but went ahead to use the confirmation number to book visa appointment so I can see an earlier time.

However I forgot to submit the DS-160 and when I remember and went to retrieve the DS-160 online, I cannot find it and it says invalid.

The dilemma is that on my visa interview confirmation page, the DS-160 number is there as the confirmation BUT I can’t print out the DS-160 confirmation page on the DS-160 website because it’s invalid.

Please what can I do in this instance and my visa interview is next week Friday.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 16, 2021
Shadomaan7:
Urgent!!! Please help.

I was denied the first F-1 student visa interview and I refilled a new DS-160 form so I can book another appointment.

I did not submit the DS-160 but went ahead to use the confirmation number to book visa appointment so I can see an earlier time.

However I forgot to submit the DS-160 and when I remember and went to retrieve the DS-160 online, I cannot find it and it says invalid.

The dilemma is that on my visa interview confirmation page, the DS-160 number is there as the confirmation BUT I can’t print out the DS-160 confirmation page on the DS-160 website because it’s invalid.

Please what can I do in this instance and my visa interview is next week Friday.

refill a new ds160 very simple
And update the new number on your cgi profile
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shadomaan7: 7:52pm On Jul 16, 2021
Malone122:
refill a new ds160 very simple
And update the new number on your cgi profile

Thank you.

That’s what I thought too but I just want to be sure.

You just saved me from high blood tension.

Thanks bro.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: Mrlloyd and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.