Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,294 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1640544 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2021
Thanks to all of you that reply me on this. My EA just approve just now at Abuja embassy after I waited for weeks at Lagos which they don’t respond so I cancel and apply to Abuja and I requested for EA in Abuja last week Friday got approval today after I mail Abuja embassy itself and I got September 7th... thou have defer my admission from fall August 2021to spring 2022.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nikkygal(f): 6:06pm On Aug 10, 2021
Ray2018:
I just got my EA approved for Abuja.

I changed from Lagos to Abuja.

But I got a September date but there are available August dates in Lagos for EA. �

Congrats! Please when did you apply for the Abuja EA?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by elegantxxx: 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2021
visa Approved today for family of three at Abuja Center :

Below is my Transcript:

Me: Good morning officer , how are you doing today?

Vo: Good morning

vo: How old is your son

me: 1 year and 2 months

Vo: i can see you are going for masters in finance

Me: Yes, in concentration in financial Analysis

Vo: what will this course do for you ?

Me: in the short run it will give me the necessary skills and knowledge to attain a more higher position in my current place of work and in the long term I will be able to set up a consultancy firm in the area of finance and investment portfolio for private individuals, institutions and government. Nigeria is faced with high debt service and revenue ratio of about 98% in 2021 and the government spent 1.8trillion in debt servicing in five months .. cut me off.

Vo: what do you do in Nigeria

Me: I work as a senior xxxxxxx at the university of xxxxxx as a senior financial officer in the finance department.

Vo: why New Jersey city University

Me: New Jersey city offers a unique program , it incorporates the curriculum of the chartered financial analysts with CFA institute and i was also interested in the research work of Prof. xxxxxx. Cut me off:

Vo: have you traveled before ?

Me; sure, I have been to Germany, Italy on two different occasions

Vo: when was that ?

Me; in 2018 and 2019.
With my wife in 2019.

vo: can i have your old passport

me: sure, gave her and she went through it to confirm our travel history

she kept on typing for like 1 mins

Vo: please madam can I talk to you?

Vo; what do you do?

Wife : I’m the ceo of xxxxxxxxx, im into xxxxxxxxxxx

Vo: how many staffs do you have ?

Wife: 25

Vo: what will happen to your business :

Wife: I have handed over all responsibilities to my second in command until I return back after my husbands study .

Vo: then came the magical word: I will be approving your visa !!, due to the v=covid 19, i became deaf and dumb for rest of the time.

BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY GOD DID IT, INDEED WHAT GOD CANNOT DO DOESN'T EXIST. THERE IS A GOD FACTOR IN THIS VISA THING.

This whole success will not end without acknowledging *Nigpatriot* and my dearest Friend Ife . Jesus this guy is selfless and God-sent. he went through my proposed transcript and did alot of work to perfect it without asking for a dine. not 1kobo. God bless you sir and everyone on this platform who has contributed positive for everyone to learn. you guys are just Amazing . GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nikkygal(f): 6:17pm On Aug 10, 2021
Femotech123:
Thanks to all of you that reply me on this. My EA just approve just now at Abuja embassy after I waited for weeks at Lagos which they don’t respond so I cancel and apply to Abuja and I requested for EA in Abuja last week Friday got approval today after I mail Abuja embassy itself and I got September 7th... thou have defer my admission from fall August 2021to spring 2022.

Congrats! Please can you share the email address you used to contact the Abuja embassy?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 6:35pm On Aug 10, 2021
Madmazel99:
I even know someone in Lugbe, but I want somewhere close to the embassy

Ok.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Madmazel99(m): 6:40pm On Aug 10, 2021
Madmazel99:
please, what's the address of this peace court hotel. I'm seeing different places like lugbe and wuse when I searched online

For those looking for cheap hotel close to the embassy in Abuja. I was able to get this finally. I got a room for 8k

Peace Court Hotels
9, Kabale Close, By Heritage House, Off Sultan Abubakar Way , Wuse, Abuja

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 6:43pm On Aug 10, 2021
Madmazel99:

For those looking for cheap hotel close to the embassy in Abuja. I was able to get this finally. I got a room for 8k

Peace Court Hotels
9, Kabale Close, By Heritage House, Off Sultan Abubakar Way , Wuse, Abuja

Congratulations!

I wish you all the best in your interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Diedi: 6:51pm On Aug 10, 2021
Hello, please what email did you write to. Can I have the email address please?

Femotech123:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmyy321: 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2021
Great. Please how did you construct the follow-up email? Same way as you requested an emergency date?

Femotech123:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ray2018: 7:07pm On Aug 10, 2021
Y
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chyjoey(m): 7:11pm On Aug 10, 2021
DISCLAIMER: This post is meant for genuine students.

There is no doubt that Grace plays a big role in getting an approval.

However, let's not attribute everything to grace and fail to see the emerging pattern here.

The VOs do NOT want to deny you a Visa. Infact, they want to approve you but the law and their training dictates that they assume you are an immigrant till you prove you aren't. So when you're denied, they are not saying 'Bleep off, we don't want you in our country' it's more like 'I believe you're trying to illegally immigrate, try the legal immigration route instead or convince me that you're a non-immigrant'.

This hurts me so much because I've seen genuine students denied because of the sins of visa abusers.

Now to the concept of ties, You must have ties to Nigeria to be considered a non-immigrant.

You see some of these people with Jobs they have worked at for more than 3 years with a work leave getting approved? Yes, it's grace but it's also Work ties.
For instance, today I saw a woman get approved who has been at a workplace for 15 years, and trust me her interview wasn't spectacular. Infact, she wasn't even vibing with the VO, but she had strong work ties and the program she was going for was plausibly going to improve her career. Hence, she was approved.

So if you're Jobless, are you screwed? Not necessarily.
Family ties - Are you married? Do you have older family members depending on you for care?(please be careful about telling fantastical stories that the VO would call bullshit on immediately)
What of dependent children?
Demonstrating that you have family in Nigeria you can't possibly abandon helps your case.

Social ties - Do you lead an an organization here in Nigeria that would suffer in your prolonged absence? Are you a prominent member of your community that a lot of people depend on? What of your church or political party? Is there anything there that would compel you to return?

Try as you may, some people may not have plausible ties.
Then your plans for the future come into play.
What steps have you taken to secure your future in Nigeria (at the completion of your program) ?
You may have no ties now to Nigeria but you can be able to convince the VO that you plan to return by applying for a position here in Nigeria that would be provisionally accepted pending your program completion. (This is just an example).

If you have no ties or plausible compelling future plans, then your profile becomes really important.

Young, straight outta high school applying to a bachelors? Likely genuine student, more likely to be approved than someone in their late 20s, 10 years out of high school, being doing a 'computer diploma program' in the interim applying for the same bachelors.

Mid 20s, recently graduated (best months after graduation), going for a masters in a course related to their bachelors, likely to be approved regardless of ties compared to someone in their 30s, years post bachelors, masters in sth totally unrelated and no career benefit.

My point is Grace plays a huge role but we need to learn to analyze people's profiles when they are approved.

Check in this order
1. Ties
2. Plans
3. Profile

38 Likes 8 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kelex062: 7:14pm On Aug 10, 2021
ifeanyimoses:
Visa approved with just 3 questions!!!

1. Who is funding you
My school and uncle

2. What does he do
Real estate developer

3. What will you do when you return
Come back to my current employer here in Nigeria,

Didn’t listen to all those instructions cos I was surprised, he didn’t even listen to the last answer and handed me the white paper

God factor I keep on saying this is involved, however prepare like your life depends on it.

I saw blue print like 15 before mine and my heart skipped to my mouth , but I kept on singing this song ‘O lord my God, when I’m in awesome wonder; How Great thou art’, and my VO God assigned to me just said to me, you come!!!!

I want to specially thank God for his mercies that never comes to an end, but new every morning and great is his faithfulness.

I won’t forget to thank some key guys here, who have been quite contributing to all of our enquiries, God bless you all and keep on doing good.

QUESTION
Please, I need an assistance, what platform is the best and cheapest to book for my travel , I am going to Atlanta Georgia, God bless us all
Congrats !!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 7:19pm On Aug 10, 2021
Themaths:

Do what exactly?
Get the waivers cos officially, there are application fees on those schools' website.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Firefox01: 7:26pm On Aug 10, 2021
Chyjoey:
DISCLAIMER: This post is meant for genuine students.

There is no doubt that Grace plays a big role I'm getting an approval.

However, let's not attribute everything to grace and fail to see the emerging pattern here.

The VOs do NOT want to deny you a Visa. Infact, they want to approve you but the law and their training dictates that they assume you are an immigrant till you prove you aren't. So when you're denied, they are not saying 'Bleep off, we don't want you in our country' it's more like 'I believe you're trying to illegally immigrate, try the legal immigration route instead or convince me that you're a non-immigrant'.

This hurts me so much because I've seen genuine students denied because of the sins of visa abusers.

Now to the concept of ties, You must have ties to Nigeria to be considered a non-immigrant.

You see some of these people with Jobs they have worked at for more than 3 years with a work leave getting approved? Yes, it's grace but it's also Work ties.
For instance, today I saw a woman get approved who has been at a workplace for 15 years, and trust me her interview wasn't spectacular. Infact, she wasn't even vibing with the VO, but she had strong work ties and the program she was going for was plausibly going to improve her career. Hence, she was approved.

So if you're Jobless, are you screwed? Not necessarily.
Family ties - Are you married? Do you have older family members depending on you for care?(please be careful about telling fantastical stories that the VO would call bullshit on immediately)
What of dependent children?
Demonstrating that you have family in Nigeria you can't possibly abandon helps your case.

Social ties - Do you lead an an organization here in Nigeria that would suffer in your prolonged absence? Are you a prominent member of your community that a lot of people depend on? What of your church or political party? Is there anything there that would compel you to return?

Try as you may, some people may not have plausible ties.
Then your plans for the future come into play.
What steps have you taken to secure your future in Nigeria (at the completion of your program) ?
You may have no ties now to Nigeria but you can be able to convince the VO that you plan to return by applying for a position here in Nigeria that would be provisionally accepted pending your program completion. (This is just an example).

If you have no ties or plausible compelling future plans, then your profile becomes really important.

Young, straight outta high school applying to a bachelors? Likely genuine student, more likely to be approved than someone in their late 20s, 10 years out of high school, being doing a 'computer diploma program' in the interim applying for the same bachelors.

Mid 20s, recently graduated (best months after graduation), going for a masters in a course related to their bachelors, likely to be approved regardless of ties compared to someone in their 30s, years post bachelors, masters in sth totally unrelated and no career benefit.

My point is Grace plays a huge role but we need to learn to analyze people's profiles when they are approved.

Check in this order
1. Ties
2. Plans
3. Profile

Hmmm. Wisdom smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 7:27pm On Aug 10, 2021
Madmazel99:
I beg who knows any cheap hotel very close to the embassy in Abuja. They ones I have checked are fully booked.
saint mathias hotel, room is 8,500

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 7:33pm On Aug 10, 2021
Best of Luck to everyone who will be going for their interview Tommorrow, the Lord will go before everyone of us and show up for us.

We will be approved for a visa.

Amen

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Johnadu: 7:37pm On Aug 10, 2021
Femotech123:

Does anyone know if Abuja approves EA for previously denied applicants? Though, my 1st interview was June 2 which is over 2 months.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Johnadu: 7:37pm On Aug 10, 2021
Does anyone know if Abuja approves EA for previously denied applicants? Though, my 1st interview was June 2 which is over 2 months.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gent2nice: 7:48pm On Aug 10, 2021
I wish you good success

Vahn:
Best of Luck to everyone who will be going for their interview Tommorrow, the Lord will go before everyone of us and show up for us.

We will be approved for a visa.

Amen

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ifeanyimoses: 8:01pm On Aug 10, 2021
Kelex062:

Congrats !!!

Please my people, help me with affordable good flight to the USA (Atlanta) specifically please guys
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 8:16pm On Aug 10, 2021
Gent2nice:

I wish you good success

thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
This is the email address for Abuja embassy I sent mail before my EA was approved this evening. ConsularAbuja@state.gov
Pls I’m presently in Lagos how much is bus from Lagos to Abuja and how much is flight also and which one will make sense my interview is still sep 7th

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iretex1(m): 8:43pm On Aug 10, 2021
https://www.edx.org/course/toefl-test-preparation-the-insiders-guide

Nikitakendra11:

Would appreciate Toefl materials too, if available pls. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shuayb0(m): 8:58pm On Aug 10, 2021
Hi

Your reschedule button will be visible once your EA has been approved. I will advise you send a mail to them first before deferral (support-nigeria@usatraveldocs.com. Tell them what’s at stake, like loosing your admission or funding. Best of luck.
statemanui:
Hello Guys,

Please I need clarification on an issue.

I was Denied Emergency application next week Saturday in Lagos. But I noticed that my emergency appointment request button was restored so I sharply cancelled my Lagos appointment and booked another appointment in Abuja with the same MRV. To my greatest suprise I was still able to request for another Emergency application but I realized that the reschedule button was removed.

So my concern right now is if what I have done is appropriate and should be hopefully or I should just proceed to pay for another visa fee and defer my admission to spring 2020?

I need your input guys.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AydotNX: 10:04pm On Aug 10, 2021
Good Day all. Please kindly give the best advise.
I filled my DS-160 form without submitting because I have deferred my admission till January 2022 since there was no date to reapply for Fall 2021. I have been waiting for my updated I-20 to update my DS-160 but now it is over 30 days I filled the DS160 form. I cannot retrieve the form anymore for update and I have used the DS 160 Reference number to pick interview date in December 2021. What can I do without making payment for another VISA FEE? Is there anyway I can fill new DS-160 and LINK it with the initial one?
Please advise

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 10, 2021
pufframmy:
pls can u enlight more cause when booking it showing dey only carry usa citizen and resident permit only
so do you mean student can flight them too?

F-1 student visa category can fly with the British Airways. Visit their office in Transcorp Hilton Abuja for more details Or better still fly with Lufthansa airlines
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 10, 2021
Vahn:
congratulations guysssss

Ok
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Wroyal: 10:50pm On Aug 10, 2021
Good evening guys.
I was just about to defer my admission when I got a mail that my EA has been approved for next week. Please advise on what’s best to do. Deferring was something I had to consciously accept since I didn’t get a feedback in time.

What do you suggest I do? Can I go ahead with my current I20 for the visa interview next week and still defer to spring 2022 after I get the visa? My school start date is 30th August.

Please help, I’m clueless.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 10:55pm On Aug 10, 2021
Please oooo abeg those of us that got admission from fall but defer to spring 2022 because EA was not approved earlier and booked appointments already how are we gonna update the ds160 when new I-20 never arrived. Or we have to convince VO on interview day? Please advise us we are many in the situation. And I guess if someone has booked an appointment already we cannot edit the ds160 profile anymore is this true? Thanks for response

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Childofthemosth(f): 10:58pm On Aug 10, 2021
Congratulations!

Please what is Expedited request number? I am also awaiting a response from Abuja

Femotech123:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BARISTAMandela(m): 11:14pm On Aug 10, 2021
AydotNX:
Good Day all. Please kindly give the best advise.
I filled my DS-160 form without submitting because I have deferred my admission till January 2022 since there was no date to reapply for Fall 2021. I have been waiting for my updated I-20 to update my DS-160 but now it is over 30 days I filled the DS160 form. I cannot retrieve the form anymore for update and I have used the DS 160 Reference number to pick interview date in December 2021. What can I do without making payment for another VISA FEE? Is there anyway I can fill new DS-160 and LINK it with the initial one?
Please advise

Don't stress, just fill a new DS-160 and update your cgi profile. Best wishes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kemkemdiva: 11:59pm On Aug 10, 2021
Hello all.am new in this paltform, my first degree is marketing and i have been working as an administrative assistant for almost 10 years,i have applied to 2 schools in uk for nursing cos i want to switch career to nursing i was denied, i want to know if its possible here and how can it be done if it is.is it compulsory i write Gmat for me to get admission. Pls i will really appreciate a response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.