Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,105 members, 7,811,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1639657 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 12:20am On Aug 11, 2021
Mickeybook:
then what happens to his form I 20 that already carries August as starting date ? Will the same form I 20 still be valid for spring?
Of course you'll have to request for another updated I-20 for your interview and possibly Travel, all the best

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 12:46am On Aug 11, 2021
bukhety:

Get the waivers cos officially, there are application fees on those schools' website.

Yes. Some, I mailed the grad coordinator, some I got their waiver codes (some were posted here on NL), others I found on LinkedIn, others friends on ground helped me.

There are even more sef, but I couldn't apply to those because either I didn't have or will to send official transcript for admission decision purpose or that they insisted I must submit an English requirement score. I checked alot of forums, did alot of research.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cupcakes11: 1:23am On Aug 11, 2021
Malone122:
odujokotobby@gmail.com
Kindly assist send to me pls
Cupcakesssss66@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Beautyagu1: 1:46am On Aug 11, 2021
Wow! Congratulations

elegantxxx
post=104646434:

visa Approved today for family of three at Abuja Center :

Below is my Transcript:

Me: Good morning officer , how are you doing today?

Vo: Good morning

vo: How old is your son

me: 1 year and 2 months

Vo: i can see you are going for masters in finance

Me: Yes, in concentration in financial Analysis

Vo: what will this course do for you ?

Me: in the short run it will give me the necessary skills and knowledge to attain a more higher position in my current place of work and in the long term I will be able to set up a consultancy firm in the area of finance and investment portfolio for private individuals, institutions and government. Nigeria is faced with high debt service and revenue ratio of about 98% in 2021 and the government spent 1.8trillion in debt servicing in five months .. cut me off.

Vo: what do you do in Nigeria

Me: I work as a senior xxxxxxx at the university of xxxxxx as a senior financial officer in the finance department.

Vo: why New Jersey city University

Me: New Jersey city offers a unique program , it incorporates the curriculum of the chartered financial analysts with CFA institute and i was also interested in the research work of Prof. xxxxxx. Cut me off:

Vo: have you traveled before ?

Me; sure, I have been to Germany, Italy on two different occasions

Vo: when was that ?

Me; in 2018 and 2019.
With my wife in 2019.

vo: can i have your old passport

me: sure, gave her and she went through it to confirm our travel history

she kept on typing for like 1 mins

Vo: please madam can I talk to you?

Vo; what do you do?

Wife : I’m the ceo of xxxxxxxxx, im into xxxxxxxxxxx

Vo: how many staffs do you have ?

Wife: 25

Vo: what will happen to your business :

Wife: I have handed over all responsibilities to my second in command until I return back after my husbands study .

Vo: then came the magical word: I will be approving your visa !!, due to the v=covid 19, i became deaf and dumb for rest of the time.

BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY GOD DID IT, INDEED WHAT GOD CANNOT DO DOESN'T EXIST. THERE IS A GOD FACTOR IN THIS VISA THING.

This whole success will not end without acknowledging *Nigpatriot* and my dearest Friend Ife . Jesus this guy is selfless and God-sent. he went through my proposed transcript and did alot of work to perfect it without asking for a dine. not 1kobo. God bless you sir and everyone on this platform who has contributed positive for everyone to learn. you guys are just Amazing . GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 2:10am On Aug 11, 2021
Themaths:

Yes. Some, I mailed the grad coordinator, some I got their waiver codes (some were posted here on NL), others I found on LinkedIn, others friends on ground helped me.

There are even more sef, but I couldn't apply to those because either I didn't have or will to send official transcript for admission decision purpose or that they insisted I must submit an English requirement score. I checked alot of forums, did alot of research.
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by GboyegaD(m): 2:24am On Aug 11, 2021
Congratulations to those who got their visas approved and for those who were delayed, you can give it a try again.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tstaiwo: 3:42am On Aug 11, 2021
ifeanyimoses:

Please my people, help me with affordable good flight to the USA (Atlanta) specifically please guys

I sent you an email earlier, kindly respond so we brainstorm. I'm going to Georgia as well.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Madmazel99(m): 4:09am On Aug 11, 2021
Erudite77:

Congratulations!

I wish you all the best in your interview.

thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Madmazel99(m): 4:10am On Aug 11, 2021
Vahn:
saint mathias hotel, room is 8,500
thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Johnadu: 4:58am On Aug 11, 2021
Does anyone know if Abuja approves EA for previously denied applicants? Though, my 1st interview was June 2 which is over 2 months
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Johnadu: 5:34am On Aug 11, 2021
Does anyone know if Abuja approves EA for previously denied applicants? Though, my 1st interview was June 2 which is over 2 months. I applied for EA in Lagos but got denied. I am considering trying with Abuja. I will appreciate any information on this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by osigiepurr(m): 5:38am On Aug 11, 2021
I am ready to assist any Nigerian students coming to the Arizona State University to settle down before classes starts and also pick them up from the airport to any location of their choice... Just contact me if interested.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JavanElsevier41: 6:02am On Aug 11, 2021
Madmazel99:
please, what's the address of this peace court hotel. I'm seeing different places like lugbe and wuse when I searched online
It's in Zone 3
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JavanElsevier41: 6:06am On Aug 11, 2021
Vahn:
Best of Luck to everyone who will be going for their interview Tommorrow, the Lord will go before everyone of us and show up for us.

We will be approved for a visa.

Amen

Amen
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 6:38am On Aug 11, 2021
Last year, most schools waived application fees for fall 2021 and Spring 2022. I just hope it will be the same fall 2022.

Some of the schools I can remember are

1. Western Illinois University
2. Marquette University
3. Clarkston University
4. University of Arkansas at little rock
5. University of Texas, Rio Grande Valley
6. Rensselaer Polytechnic institute
7. University of Rochester.
8. Michigan Technological University
9. University of Delaware.
10. Northeastern University
11. Steven's Institute of Technology
12. Missouri S&T
13. Drexel University
14. Middle Tennessee State University (They refunded my $30 after paying).
15. Cleveland State University
16. University of New Orleans
17. Milwaukee School of Engineering.
18. University of Texas, Tyler.
19. Rice University (PhD in Materials and Biotech Engineering only)

I will keep updating this post as I remember them, I have gotten alot of mails about it, y'all call still try if the fee waivers are still available.

How I got the app fee waivers.
1. Well composed email to the grad/program coordinator.
2. Nairaland, Twitter, LinkedIn.
3. Friends in the US.

Goodluck.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Drilly50: 6:44am On Aug 11, 2021
BARISTAMandela:

Hello at BARISTAMandela please can I message you concerning this update
Don't stress, just fill a new DS-160 and update your cgi profile. Best wishes.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rebelsquad: 6:51am On Aug 11, 2021
When filling the DS160, the section that says “where would you be staying in the US”
Any advise on what one can put there especially if you don’t have where to stay yet?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rebelsquad: 6:51am On Aug 11, 2021
beejhay69:

YES @1 & 2.
There are appointment dates in September for Abuja. ✌

Thanks !!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cessnk: 7:01am On Aug 11, 2021
Is it regular date ?

Thanks !![/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 7:16am On Aug 11, 2021
ifeanyimoses:

Please my people, help me with affordable good flight to the USA (Atlanta) specifically please guys

Please, be more specific. When do you plan to travel? Are you traveling alone? When is your program starting? Can you ask for an extended resumption date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 7:29am On Aug 11, 2021
Rebelsquad:
When filling the DS160, the section that says “where would you be staying in the US”
Any advise on what one can put there especially if you don’t have where to stay yet?
Use the school address.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 7:29am On Aug 11, 2021
bukhety:

Thank you

You welcome.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adebusorlah: 7:52am On Aug 11, 2021
Good morning everyone
I just joined naira land, have been reading through this platform for a while to get information about my visa application, but presently am having issues getting a ER date in Lagos, i applied for fall 2021 at the University of Texas at El paso and my resumption date is 23rd of August, the ER date i got was 17th of August after picking the date, the date was not approved it was denied yesterday, presently am confused right now on what to do, is there anyone in the house who can help me out with this situation i am[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Winner0718(m): 7:52am On Aug 11, 2021
Themaths:
Last year, most schools waived application fees for fall 2021 and Spring 2022. I just hope it will be the same fall 2022.

2. Marquette University
3. Clarkston University
12. Missouri S&T
13. Drexel University

I will keep updating this post as I remember them, I have gotten alot of mails about it, y'all call still try if the fee waivers are still available.

3. Friends in the US.

Goodluck.

Thank you for this i will check the schools out.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 8:12am On Aug 11, 2021
Adebusorlah:
Good morning everyone
Use the reschedule option and select any other date that is available.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lanrywatt(m): 9:03am On Aug 11, 2021
Visa interview date 9th Aug
Status denied
COA 55803k
Merit award: 8k
Deficit :47803
Family funds stated on I-20
Msc Social Work....University of pitts
First attempt: in my beginning 30s
Pleases Kindly reviews and advise accordingly.
Vo: abj: one white man on white and tie. He was very fast ..everything happens so fast
Interview as follows.
Me: Good morning
Vo: place your hand on the scanner
Me: Did
VO: Pass me your documents
Me: was going to remove I-20 and passport for him, but vo said all, all was passed
Vo: have you travelled to the us before
Me: no , not at all
Vo: What is your highest degree
Me: bachelor of Science in Child Development
Vo: nodded so are you employed
Me: no, however, i have been making preparations by taking prerequisite courses on coursera, such as human development and social environment and I presently volunteered at Bleep and Vo cut me off. (Note: I stopped work in March 2021...contracted job with an INGO written on my ds form) said it as stated on ds form.
Vo: checked system and asked if my siblings all school here in Nigeria...Vo must have seen i have a bro who went to us for a 6wks program but he is back. Which I didn't no until after my interview ( I don't know if it affect anything though just saying for extensive review)
Me: yes they all school here. Note ( I was expecting him to ask me what my siblings do but he didn't, maybe be I should have explained more without waiting for him to ask me)
Vo: nodded so who is paying for your deficit
Me: I have a merit scholarship and my dad will be paying maintaining eye contact. Note I have two sponsor my dad and uncle ..dad was filled on Ds form but my uncle statement was with me and sufficient enough while my dad statement was not sufficient enough... immediate I mention my dad VO: cut me by asking what he does, he was fast so I couldn't mention my uncle
I stuttered a little.
Me: he is a director at the Ministry of Bleep and also owns a large commercial cucumber farm in ogun statement that supplies cucumber within southwest.
Vo: can I have financial evidence
Me: brought out both statement of account ..vo sight hmmm seen my uncles statement is bulky but I presented my dad statement first
Vo: quickly scanned the total credit and debit and available balance. Returned it and quickly typed for few minutes and hand me blue paper...saying according to visa rules I am not qualified at this moment blablabla...can't remember the rest.

Pleases What can I do differently.
Can I reapply immediately by using my uncle statement or go with a sufficient statement this time from my dad.
My dad cooperative gave him a loan letter. Can I ask school to include it on my I-20 or reapply and go with it.
Program start date is 16th August thinking of requesting for extension for 2 wks probably I can reapply again.

Just got info that my msc degree result are now available yesterday. Didnt declared it cos at the time of application it was not ready. What my chance of applying for a PhD program instead.
Help!!!!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kemkemdiva: 9:03am On Aug 11, 2021
Hello all.am new in this paltform, my first degree is marketing and i have been working as an administrative assistant for almost 10 years,i have applied to 2 schools in uk for nursing cos i want to switch career to nursing i was denied, i want to know if its possible here and how can it be done if it is.is it compulsory i write Gmat for me to get admission. Pls i will really appreciate a response. I have family in Austin texas,Los angeles and
Roseville California pls i need info
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Idugie1: 9:09am On Aug 11, 2021
raymond.strother88@gmail.com
fairheart:
IF YOU NEED GRE MATERIALS, QUOTE AND DROP YOUR EMAIL UNDER THIS COMMENT.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chuukwudi(m): 9:09am On Aug 11, 2021
Hi everyone, Please, I just need someone here to point me in the right direction. I am a masters student in the UK and about to round off my studies. I am into IT and feel the USA will benefit me more as my counterparts there are paid higher than in the UK. I also feel that there are more job availability there in the US.

What route is best? Funded PhD? Getting a job there? How can one go about it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shadbay(m): 9:22am On Aug 11, 2021
ifeanyimoses:
Visa approved with just 3 questions!!!

1. Who is funding you
My school and uncle

2. What does he do
Real estate developer

3. What will you do when you return
Come back to my current employer here in Nigeria,

Didn’t listen to all those instructions cos I was surprised, he didn’t even listen to the last answer and handed me the white paper

God factor I keep on saying this is involved, however prepare like your life depends on it.

I saw blue print like 15 before mine and my heart skipped to my mouth , but I kept on singing this song ‘O lord my God, when I’m in awesome wonder; How Great thou art’, and my VO God assigned to me just said to me, you come!!!!

I want to specially thank God for his mercies that never comes to an end, but new every morning and great is his faithfulness.

I won’t forget to thank some key guys here, who have been quite contributing to all of our enquiries, God bless you all and keep on doing good.

QUESTION
Please, I need an assistance, what platform is the best and cheapest to book for my travel , I am going to Atlanta Georgia, God bless us all

Bro, this is shockingly similar to my experience at the Abj embassy this morning! Transcript loading!!!

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 9:24am On Aug 11, 2021
Themaths:

2. Marquette University
3. Clarkston University
12. Missouri S&T
13. Drexel University

3. Friends in the US.

Goodluck.

Thank you for this useful information!

Were you able to secure admission to one of them eventually?

Best regards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by KingsmanMonarch: 9:35am On Aug 11, 2021
Transcript
Visa Denied
9th of August, 2021
9am appointment
COA = $ 46,180
Abuja Embassy
White Male VO in glasses.

Me: Good morning sir
VO: Good morning
VO: pass me your documents
Me: ok sir( I applied him all my documents)
VO: types furiously on his computer
VO: Have you travelled out of your country in the last 5 years.
ME : Yes sir
VO: where? The United States?
Me: No ....the United Arab Emirates
VO: Dubai?
Me: No....Al Ain , Abu Dhabi.
VO: Al ain, oh ...ok
VO: types furiously on his computer for almost 40 seconds.
VO: so who is sponsoring your education
Me: my uncle
VO: what does he do
Me: he is a major dealer in Electrical and Electronic equipment
VO: major dealer in what?
Me: in Electrical and Electronic equipment
VO: ok......( types furiously on his computer)
VO: are you married?
Me: Yes
VO: with kids
Me: No
VO: will your wife be going with you
Me: NO
VO: ok ( types for almost 20 seconds on his computer)
VO: I will not be approving your visa at this moment ......(prints a blue form and hands it over to me)
Me: Thank you. ( I take the form and leave)
..... I read why I was denied and saw a 214(b) section....
To the Gurus in the house...
What did I do wrong and how do I do it better.
I wore a suit cos I was cold and wanted to look very professional.

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.