Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642503 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 9:35am On Aug 12, 2021
Visa approved Abuja embassy if you give up Na you Bleep up transcript coming soon thank you Jesus

33 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jojoey: 9:37am On Aug 12, 2021
Approvalll:
Visa approved Abuja embassy of you give up Na you Bleep up transcript coming soon thank you Jesus

Congratulations!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 9:40am On Aug 12, 2021
Malone122:
refill a new one and update the new number
okay thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rriol: 9:48am On Aug 12, 2021
Approvalll:
Visa approved Abuja embassy of you give up Na you Bleep up transcript coming soon thank you Jesus

Finally... I’m happy for you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 9:58am On Aug 12, 2021
Approvalll:

Approvall got approved!!!!

Congratulations!

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmmaChe(m): 10:01am On Aug 12, 2021
Please I need someone to help out with my mock interview. Please send me your e-mail and I will reach out. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 12, 2021
Approvalll:
congratulations
Seems you moved your appointment date from 16th nice
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 10:04am On Aug 12, 2021
Approvalll:

Wow. Congratulations bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iWasNotHere(m): 10:06am On Aug 12, 2021
Congrats Bro. Now you fit go marry that Oyinbo you no marry then. Never say never

Approvalll:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by 1Girllykdat: 10:13am On Aug 12, 2021
I still await your advice, pleeaasee.

Do I fill a new Ds-160 and update the new major or just go with my new I-20 and explain the reason for the change in my major if asked.

1Girllykdat:
Good evening, fam.

1.I changed my major (initially wrote to my school to not apply the change until I arrived on campus, but they didn't pay attention, I guess). So, I have been issued a new I-20.
I mailed the immigration officer in my school about what I could do. she advised I take my most recent I-20 for my interview and that I explain the reason for the change at the visa interview. Do you think this will do? Or do so need to fill a new Ds-160?

2. School resumes on the 18th of August with a self-guided virtual presentation which runs from the 1st to 18th of August. My visa interview date is stated for 23rd August, when classes start. I mailed my school, informing them I will be coming in late and they said it's okay but they didn't give a letter of extension. The school said I wouldn't need one at the interview.

Please are these true? What's your advice?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tstaiwo: 10:16am On Aug 12, 2021
librangyps:
Hi guys, I just got a good flight deal on Lufthansa but we will stopover at Frankfurt.

What do you think?

Hello, all the platforms I have been checking I don't see Lufthansa flights. Pls which site did you use.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 10:22am On Aug 12, 2021
tstaiwo:

Hello, all the platforms I have been checking I don't see Lufthansa flights. Pls which site did you use.
Thanks

Congratulations!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tamad101(f): 10:32am On Aug 12, 2021
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
opeyemioguns:

Anyone?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by itzgbengene: 10:36am On Aug 12, 2021
Nawa o.. This is the 5th time I'm asking a question without a single reply..abeg reply me this time e jor

What could possibly delay passport from reaching specified dhl(Akure branch) office since 4th of August after approval in Abuja.
Status of passport after tracking reads "status of passport is origination scan"
Pls, who has an idea what is going on??

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iretex1(m): 10:37am On Aug 12, 2021
Oluwacolded:
don’t even waste your time asking questions on this thread because it is the most useless thread on nairaland. I have gone through most of the pages nothing significant is being spoken all talked about is Appointment and transcripts. Any newbies shouldn’t depend on this thread at all until he has secured admission then come here to talk about appointment and share your transcripts. No one is ready to share vital information in securing admission in here.

Make some effort and read through the thread, most of your questions have been previously answered. Another hack is to search using some keywords and you will find what you need. If I already answered someone yesterday, you don't expect me to repeat myself today, if you need more clarification, you can quote the related comment and add yours on top.
I wish you the best in your journey, but stay respectful!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by habayomee: 10:46am On Aug 12, 2021
Oluwacolded:
don’t even waste your time asking questions on this thread because it is the most useless thread on nairaland. I have gone through most of the pages nothing significant is being spoken all talked about is Appointment and transcripts. Any newbies shouldn’t depend on this thread at all until he has secured admission then come here to talk about appointment and share your transcripts. No one is ready to share vital information in securing admission in here.

I am sure we are not reading the same thread. People have been providing help from the start of this thread. It is a rush hour time as people have already gotten admission and seeking for dates and transcripts.

If you just join the thread, don't just criticize.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 10:48am On Aug 12, 2021
itzgbengene:
Nawa o.. This is the 5th time I'm asking a question without a single reply..abeg reply me this time e jor

What could possibly delay passport from reaching specified dhl(Akure branch) office since 4th of August after approval in Abuja.
Status of passport after tracking reads "status of passport is origination scan"

Someone came on this thread to complain about picking up passport in Akure after being approved. The person later got his/her passport. Search for Akure using the search bar and narrow it down to travel thread. You should get the person, probably send him/her a PM and asked how he/she did it.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iWasNotHere(m): 10:50am On Aug 12, 2021
Tho I was denied. I can hear the VO told those approved that the passport can take up to a week for pick up due to COVID-19 restriction and all. Do wait for DHL Akure mail to you

itzgbengene:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluwacolded: 10:51am On Aug 12, 2021
What does it take for someone to tell us schools admitting for spring that gives admission without TOEFL or IETLS. It doesn’t take anything from you guys. I have read 1 to 100 pages nothing significant there.

The issue here is that if someone asked something as I am asking and someone have asked previously they don’t get answers cos you refer them to previous thread while this same attitude keeps recycling without you guys giving information to the newbies.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adlac(m): 10:53am On Aug 12, 2021
Duisburg:
WIU guys, any update? I can volunteer to guide on your application and admission.

That will be Nice. I did apply but yet to pay.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dante0007: 11:04am On Aug 12, 2021
Please help!
I got an email from the Lagos embassy that my emergency appointment has been approved and I should log in to reschedule my appointment.. Logged in but the dates I'm seeing are for May 2022 onwards which is even beyond my current January appointment.

What should I do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adlac(m): 11:04am On Aug 12, 2021
Helkayklassic:

1. If he has opted to make payment through the other channel, he can not make payment with debit card anymore. Talking from experience.

2. As a Nigerian, WIU will not accept app fee payment through debit card from you. It has to be through bank check or money order.

He only have two options, find someone in the US to make the payment for him or mail them politely to ask for app fee waiver.

WIU Now has a platform they collect App Fee in Naira or other currency. it will be sent to you when the application is received.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Childofthemosth(f): 11:14am On Aug 12, 2021
Can someone respond to this please?

Childofthemosth:
Hi,
I applied to Abuja for EA on Monday, i got a mail now saying it has been denied, what do I do please?

My start date is August 23rd for this Fall.

The regular appointment date i got in Abuja is February. If i defer to Spring, i still can't meet up with the date.

I'm confused please

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kunlevski003(m): 11:16am On Aug 12, 2021
Oluwacolded:
What does it take for someone to tell us schools admitting for spring that gives admission without TOEFL or IETLS. It doesn’t take anything from you guys. I have read 1 to 100 pages nothing significant there.

The issue here is that if someone asked something as I am asking and someone have asked previously they don’t get answers cos you refer them to previous thread while this same attitude keeps recycling without you guys giving information to the newbies.

Google is your friend, my brother. All you have to do is to search for it on Google. Very simple. Meanwhile, most Spring deadlines are in September/October. I advise you begin your search now. There are dozens of US universities that gives admission without TOEFL or IELTS.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 11:17am On Aug 12, 2021
Adlac:

WIU Now has a platform they collect App Fee in Naira or other currency. it will be sent to you when the application is received.

Yes Erudite77 confirmed it.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AydotNX: 11:43am On Aug 12, 2021
BARISTAMandela:

Don't stress, just fill a new DS-160 and update your cgi profile. Best wishes.

Thanks for your response. Then I can use the new DS-160, but the barcode number of the old DS160 is appearing on my scheduled appointment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by itzgbengene: 11:44am On Aug 12, 2021
ayofag:

Akure doesn't delay pickups. They communicate via email when passport is ready for pickup. Track your passport via Cgi page to know if it has been received for delivery. You should get it in 4-5 business days from approval.
Hello, I picked Akure as my passport collection centre but since 4th of August, I haven't got any notification via text or mail about passport pickup. Did you later get yours at Akure office? I'm thinking they are not functioning for f1 visa collection
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ilsontof: 11:52am On Aug 12, 2021
Visa approved. Abuja embassy. 9:00 am . Transcript incoming.

12 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BARISTAMandela(m): 11:56am On Aug 12, 2021
iWasNotHere:
Tho I was denied. I can hear the VO told those approved that the passport can take up to a week for pick up due to COVID-19 restriction and all. Do wait for DHL Akure mail to you

My friend, we were only delayed. Your celebration is in the offing! Stay hopeful!!

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BARISTAMandela(m): 11:59am On Aug 12, 2021
AydotNX:

Thanks for your response. Then I can use the new DS-160, but the barcode number of the old DS160 is appearing on my scheduled appointment.

Update using the new DS 160 code with that your appointment should automatically update to the new barcode. Best wishes!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by vickysunmomi(f): 12:14pm On Aug 12, 2021
Approvalll:
Visa approved Abuja embassy if you give up Na you Bleep up transcript coming soon thank you Jesus

Oh wow! Congratulations to you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by librangyps(f): 12:15pm On Aug 12, 2021
decide:

Yes Frankfurt is very safe, my friend traveled via the route last month.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.