Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (437) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1645691 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Childofthemosth(f): 11:13pm On Aug 12, 2021
Thank you

Gent2nice:

Send another EA. Emergency request tab should be active on your portal again by now.
Even if you are going with Spring, you will still need EA. Attach SeVis receipt and ds160 confirmation page (someone said it helps).
All the best!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Childofthemosth(f): 11:18pm On Aug 12, 2021
Thank you so much, i am interested in joining the group.

Wanderlust18:
Someone said you should reapply for EA, this time try to make a compelling case. I’ve also been told that you need to sound very respectful like saying things like “Dear Honorable Ambassador”.

Lastly, you can dm me, there’s a group to check for dates in Abuja, if you’re interested, dm me.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by babs017: 11:44pm On Aug 12, 2021
THANKS SO MUCH. MAY GOD INCREASE U. PLS CAN U HELP ME WITH A SCHOLARSHIP LINK IN USA OR ANY COUNTRY? THANKS REMAIN BLESSED
Prexy1999:

This is commendable bro, try to do something like this and not telling people to hide their schools again.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by babs017: 11:52pm On Aug 12, 2021
GOD BLESS U. PLS CAN U HELP ME WITH SCHOLARSHIP LINK IN USA OR ANY COUNTRY? REMAIN BLESSED
fairheart:
There are people on this thread with negative opinion on things they do not understand, and I feel if they see things from another angle, it will help their journey.

On revealing school or not, nobody was forced at gun point to do it. I only advise those who are in touch with me and they see sense in that advise. We have seen 0ver 1000 approved f-1 transcripts from this thread as they continue to grow. One thing is certainly not useful to any student on these transcripts: the school name. Instead, picking up schools from transcripts here is part of the reasons some of you are not getting your visa and that you will still not get it until you change and do your home work.

WHEN YOU COPY SCHOOL
When you copy school and only rely on transcripts for this purpose, you CHEAT YOURSELF of potential opportunity for your own school and perhaps, good scholarship and funding. I am of the opinion that if your Dad is not so rich that he could pay about $30K cost of attendance X 2, you ought to take the path of strength and self-sufficiency: getting good scholarship or assistantship. I understand that there are people on this thread with intention to merely use the F-1 visa to migrate. My advise are for those who actually wanted to study and secure a better future for themselves. These are the people that are required to do their homework--as part of the price for future success. It is not suffering!

When you copy schools from here, you deny yourself the opportunity to find schools that can offer you better opportunities. There are hundreds of schools for your program and that will fund you if you have a good profile and you apply early. All you have to do is explore those schools! But when you copy school from here, chances is high they will exhaust their funding due to high volume application and stop funding subsequent admission. WIU was used as a case study. They may give you admission, but always remember that every school has number of international students they wish to take, and every department has number of GA, scholarship, fellowship they award to admitted students. Bombing a school someone got admitted into always cheat you of opportunity to get something better if you had applied to a school that is not like a pure water on Nairaland.

The better your financial opportunity and unique your profile, the higher your chances of approval. Your friend might have done it and easily get their visa, but it doesn't mean it will work for you that way. This thing is case by case.

I have shared ideas on doing the work in the past. Sometimes, people assume because I am experienced on F-1 application that I know all the school that funds and easily give admission. And when I tell them I have no idea, they assume I am selfish or doesn't want to help them. The truth is that, I don't have schools in my head, except the ones students on and off here recently got approved with, and it is a matter of time before you forget them. Because of this, I feel those who did not understand should be made to understand.

There's nothing hard is finding your own school, and it is not a crime to keep it only to a small circle of friends. It doesn't mean selfishness or greed. By keeping it away, you give others the opportunity to work and find a school that works for them. But if anyone feels they want Nairaland to know their school, I have nothing against it. Who am I to be against such?

HOW TO SEARCH AND FIND GOOD SCHOOLS FOR YOUR PROFILE.

1 Google is the first place to start. And cost of attendance and profile of the school should be on your mind as you begin. First, you want to go to a school your sponsor can afford. Secondly, you want to be considered for funding that will come with monthly stipend to offset living expenses, so that you will not worry how to survive (especially if you can't get adequate support from home while in the U.S). Thirdly, you want to study at a school that offers courses that will equip and prepare you for the next phase of your career. You need specialty, broad knowledge, internship opportunity, etc. Remember, I am talking to students who genuinely want to study in the United States and are willing to do the work. Now, the three points should be in mind before you begin your school search.

1a, Be creative about it. Use search strings that is worded with your wants, i.e affordability, funding, good course., etc. Let me give you a list:
AFFORDABLE UNIVERSITIES IN THE U.S FOR MASTER'S IN CHEMISTRY (For blog posts and sites that catalogue affordable schools for chemistry).
BEST UNIVERSITIES IN THE U.S FOR MASTER'S IN AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS (For top ranking, research-driven universities for the mentioned course)
UNIVERSITIES IN THE U.S WITH ASSISTANTSHIP FOR MASTER'S IN MATHEMATICS (For schools offering assistantship for mathematics).

As you would see, search string contains what you want Google to show you, and that is what you will see. The more creative you're, the better. Your search result will bring up blog posts and sites that discuss and list universities for what you want. Then, you visit site by site, and from there, make a list of the schools you see, and keep away. When you are done, visit those schools one by one. You could make a list of 20 schools, or as much as you want.

1b, Get your schools by choice of U.S States. If you were to go to the U.S which state would you like to study? California? Texas? New York? Tennessee? Etc! Select best 3 states of your choice or that you have a family member or friends.
Go to Google and type, for example, ALL UNIVERSITIES IN TEXAS. Google will bring up sites and blog posts with list of these schools. I advise you look for Wikipedia page for all the schools on the list. As a study-abroad consultant, Wikipedia [/b]page for all schools in each U.S state seems the most resourcesful. There, private and public schools in the state you search is catalogued, so you get to see list of public and private schools in that state. You see their acceptance rate as well. All you do is open those schools in new tab, then read about it and get the school website directly from them. It is simple, except you are not computer literate.

[b]2, CHECKING FOR ASSISTANTSHIP:
When you open the school webiste, go straight to academic and you will see undergraduate and graduate programs. It is always under academic. Click the one that applies. Check list of programs offered and pick the program (s) you are interested in. Check program courses, and look for assistantship/scholarship. Every program page has information for assistantship/scholarship. If your master's program department offers assistantship, you will see the information there. Read it and understand condition for selection. If that school is okay, make a list on a paper and keep. You can do for as many as you want.

2a, Immediately you review your program webpage, look for the "Graduate Coordinator" or "Program Director". These are the faculty members with information on funding. Your duty is to contact each school before you even apply to them. I always advise my students to contact their program coordinator before they apply. Get the email and name of this person. Take your time to write a 3-5 paragram message detailing your course, undergraduate GPA, that you are interested in the program for so, so admission term, and that "what is the chances of being selected for a graduate assistantship or departmental scholarship if admitted into the program."

ALWAYS CONTACT YOUR POTENTIAL SCHOOL BEFORE YOU APPLY THERE.

2b, If you compose your message well, your program coordinator will be compelled to tell you what is obtainable according to your profile, GPA, experience, etc. They always tell you what is obtainable. You can then use this information to decide if you will apply or not. In December last year, a student followed these step and the two schools he contacted promised --right in their response to her message--that based on his profile, if he apply, he will be considered for admission and assistantship. He did, and both schools admitted him and offered him assistantship. He got his visa last month with deficit of $1K.

If the response from the person in charge of department seems favourable, go ahead and apply right away. The earlier, the better for you.

2c, Don't underestimate your potential of getting into top schools. Explore those too. Make a budget on how many schools you plan to apply to. Be principled about it. Be creative. Use initiative and push yourself and do your thing.

RESOURCES YOU NEED.
A LAPTOP--You need a laptop to do these search well and for better result.
DATA FOR INTERNET-- plan how you will always have data for this task.
TIME--Decide which day of the week you will use to explore schools (put off things that won't add value to you for this task).

It is funny that some of you who complain that people are hiding their schools and so you couldn't apply their and get the same opportunity carry expensive smart phone but don't have a computer, and you say you're a student in 21st century? What exactly do you want to sacrifice to study abroad? As a youth, I was fortunate to start using computer at 17. By the time I was 21, I own a brand new laptop as a gift. I didn't ask for shoes, no jeans, but a laptop. I was hungry for knowledge. Even when I clock 30 and I needed a new laptop, I deny myself a smart phone and used the money to get a UK-USED laptop. I was using a Nokia analogue phone for 15 months, using laptop for Whatsapp, email works, and others. A silly person would say "O, you must have suffered." This is not suffering! This is sacrifice for a better life and a glorious future!

Some of you have rich parents but you never asked them for things that will help you advance your career. It is either expensive wig, phones or shoes. What happen to asking for laptop, books, and things that the beautiful future you want required?

Going to America to study is a worthwhile dream. It is a dream that both young people from the grassroots and the upper class can achieve. Last week, a student from this thread called me that he got an internship of $10000 per month. He sacrificed a lot to get his visa. Look at him today? Sacrifice paid off! I have seen young people that sold their stuffs to make these dreams a reality. Today, they are richer and more successful their their peers with rich parents.

You must gift yourself what your future demands! Get a laptop, keep money for data and make this task of getting a good school for you a priority. Enough of Netflix that add no academic value! Enough of using social media to waste quality time. If going abroad to study is your dream and you have no rich parents, listen to me and you will remember this message 10 years to come. If you really want to study abroad and become your best, get yourself a laptop, create time for the work involved. You have no business carrying iPhone 12 if you don't have a personal computer you can go to, to do the things that are better done on laptop.

The school search I just shared here needs a working laptop.

I know some of you already hate to see the name Fairheart cheesy cheesy, but well, I know my people and my people know me. Those who needs the message I preach will take it and use it. And for that, I am blessed!

It has been nice being here.
All the best!

[img][/img]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 5:47am On Aug 13, 2021
Accept my congratulations bro. If I may ask, how many months of bank statement did you submit?
Approvalll:
Visa approved Abuja embassy if you give up Na you Bleep up transcript coming soon thank you Jesus
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 5:56am On Aug 13, 2021
Thanks for your contribution so far.
If I may ask, how many months of bank statement can I submit for visa application?
Janet200:

How US visa take turn to burden, is either you use it or leave it. At first you should have your plan A and B before going tru all the stress of getting the visa. Even with full funding, you still have to hold some money till stipend starts coming.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 6:01am On Aug 13, 2021
I am happy for you. You won at last. I read your story from A-Z. Accept my congratulations!
If I may ask, how many months of bank statement did you submit for all your visa application?
[quote author=Elnon post=104693955][/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 6:03am On Aug 13, 2021
I am happy for you. You won at last. I read your story from A-Z. Accept my congratulations!
If I may ask, how many months of bank statement did you submit for all your visa application?
SMREXY:
This is going to be a somewhat long...

Fams, in whatever you find yourself doing, always put GOD first. Without him, your hardwork and great profile could be regarded as nothing in few seconds. Indeed, GOD is nothing but Great and Awesome... Alhamdulillahi Robbil Alamin.

Also, NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR PURSUIT FOR SUCCESS!

My first visa interview was at LAGOS and was scheduled for November 27, 2019. I had a fully funded PhD in Civil Engineering (Water Resources Option) at University of Kentucky, Lexington.

So, this was how the interview went...

Me: Good morning ma'am
VO: Good morning, pass me your passport
Me: Should I include my I-20?
VO: Pls do
VO: Why are you going to the US?
Me: I'm going to the United States of America to have my PhD. degree in Civil Engineering at the University of Kentucky in Lexington
VO: Why University of Kentucky?
Me: I got to realize, during my online search, that the University of Kentucky meets my expectations with respect to my research specialization. I realized that Dr.__ specializes in fate and transport of environmental contaminants (had the mind to express myself further but wouldn't know what killed my morale at this point, just got blank)
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: I was able to complete my application to only University of Kentucky. I would have also applied to University of Colorado but my GRE score was not up to the required score of the school
VO: What's your GRE score?
Me: 300 (I proceeded to give the breakdown)
VO: What do you do?
Me: I work as an Assistant Lecturer at....
VO: What will this PhD do for you?
Me: Apart from my research, the PhD will give me the opportunity to gain promotion to the position of full Lecturer as the position I currently hold is a training position that requires further training (meanwhile, I had prepared to say something different entirely but someone gave the advice and I thought it weighed more than what I planned initially, so my subconscious took it instead)
VO: Why are you changing career
Me: No, I would not be changing career. My first and second degrees were in Water Resources Management and I intend to specialize in Water Resources Engineering during this program. Moreover, I intend to focus on water treatment, which is better handled in Civil Engineering.
Me: I work as an Assistant Lecturer at Federal University of...
VO: What do you teach? (I couldn't hear what she was saying until the third time)
Me: I teach water related courses (I had to say this twice and later realized I should have been explicit enough)
VO: Have you traveled out of Nigeria before?
Me: No, I have never had the need to
VO: Are you married?
Me: No, I'm not
VO: Started typing...
Me: In my mind, I felt it was going to be positive as she continued to type. Then a smile appeared on my face as she opened her mouth to say the unexpected.
VO: I'm sorry I won't be able to approve your visa this time. Then she passed my passport and I-20 with a yellow paper to me.
Me: I collected them with a smile and told her thank you.

My second visa interview at ABUJA was scheduled for January 12, 2020.

Me: Good morning, Sir! How are you doing?
VO: Good morning, how are you doing?
Me: I'm doing fine, thank you.
VO: Pass me your passport and I-20
Me: Here they are.
VO: Are you employed?
Me: Yes, I work as an Assistant Lecturer at the Federal University of...
Me: I'm going to the US to have my Doctorate degree in Civil Engineering with specialization in Water Resources Engineering at the University of Kentucky.
VO: Why this school?
Me: Apart from the full time research assistantship I was offered, which covers my tuition fee with a generous stipend that covers my living expenses, the school meets my expectations with respect to research specialization. My guidance, Dr... who specializes in the fate and transport of environmental contaminants and their treatments also specializes in Water Disinfection, which is a problem I intend to tackle when I am back to Nigeria after my programme in the US.
Me: I work as an Assistant Lecturer at the Federal University of... where I teach water related courses such as Water Quality Assessment and Pollution Control, Principles of Irrigation, Hydraulic structures and Elements of Hydrology. I am also a researcher by default (I had a letter from my Registrar but I didn't remember to mention it).
Me: I completed my application to University of Kentucky. Though I also have a pending application at Steven's Institute of Technology
Me: No
Me: No, I never had the need to.
VO: Sorry, bla bla bla
Me: May I please know why I was denied?
VO: It's written on the paper
Me: Thank you

The third one was at LAGOS on June 1, 2021 for a different programme and school.

Me: Good morning, I'm doing fine. How are you doing too?
VO: Good, thank you. Pass me your passport and I-20.
Me: I did as instructed
VO: (Typed and glanced through his system and my I-20 for a while) I can see that you are going to Kent State University for a PhD in Geology.
Me: Yes please.
VO: How did you learn about the school?
Me: I used Google search and USnews.com to search and narrow down the schools that offer my course of interest.
VO: Why the school?
Me: Thank you for this question. Firstly, I will like to let you know that Kent State University offered me a full-time Graduate Teaching Assistantship position that fully covers my tuition fee and living expenses including 70% of my health insurance as you can see on my I-20. Also, I was able to establish a research correspondence with Dr... who was excited to receive my mail after mailing him to inform him about joining his research team towards conducting a research on the modeling of hyporheic zone which is the interface between surface water and groundwater systems and allows for the exchange of both organic and inorganic pollutants. Also, I should let you know that the school initiated a platform known as flashfriends that allows for the interactions between current and prospective graduate students to enable the sharing of information about the school and all, which was very helpful during my application process.
VO: I can see that you've been refused twice, 2019 and 2020.
Me: Yes, that's true for the same program in Spring 2020
VO: Which school was that? (I didn't hear well so I asked to be sure)
Me: That's University of Kentucky
VO: You applied for Water Resources Engineering then, why Geology now?
Me: Thank you for this beautiful question. I should let you know that my major, which is Water Resources Management, is an interdisciplinary course that cuts across geology, hydrology, civil engineering and environmental science including climate science. So I am going for the Geology aspect which will allow me conduct a research on the modeling of the interaction between surface water and groundwater systems which is similar to the research I intended to conduct with my PhD at University of Kentucky. (All this while he kept typing and wouldn't say anything). So I chipped in this... Also, I was unable to sustain my funding at University of Kentucky due to COVID.
VO: How did you get this great funding?
Me: Thank you. I believe the admission committee must have been greatly impressed with my academic excellence and research capability. I completed my first degree with a First class and my second degree which is a Master's degree with distinction grade. Also, I'm quite sure my recommenders must have submitted excellent recommendation letters on my behalf because they know me quite well having worked with them while they were HOD of my department where I currently work as an Assistant Lecturer. So they know about my capabilities quite well.
Me: No, I'm single
VO: Do you have kids?
Me: No, I don't
VO: Typed for a while that I was already hoping I got the Visa this time... Then blah blah blah
Me: Felt bad, said thank you, then left.

The interview lasted longer than this as he was just typing, typing and typing. I noticed his countenance at some point while he was reading through something on his system so I have a feeling that the issue is from my profile which I wouldn't know what it is. The denial was quite shocking because I was not expecting it throughout the period our conversation lasted.

Now the fourth and the FINAL...

I wouldn't know how, but God perfected everything. The next 2 days after my last denial was my birthday. I checked my visa portal to see what's up and luckily, I saw first available date "June 28, 2021". I thought I was dreaming because the date appeared too close for a recent denial (that's a freaking 27 days after last interview). With faith, I rushed to pay another MRV fee and I was fortunate to still have the date intact at LAGOS Embassy.

What if I tell you that I do not really have a transcript to share for my fourth interview. I mean my experience was nothing but God's mercy. At the utterance of my first response, I was already about to give up because I realized I was in no way at my peak. However, God was merciful enough to change the story for me.

So, I was scheduled for 11:30 am but I left my hotel around 8 am. To locate me became an issue for my bolt driver so I spent several minutes trying to get him to find me. That didn't get me worried though because I felt I still had enough time since it's just a 25 minutes drive to the embassy. Eventually, I was able to capture him after he had passed me again. Thank God I saw his car colour and plate number on the app. I eventually got to the embassy arena and had my bag and phone kept with one of those business oriented fellows... If government no provide job at least some people thought it well to earn through a legit means other than scam and related ways. Meanwhile, they were not even considering the scheduled time of interview so I was just passed in for document verification. It's like not much people were fixed for today because the population was not so much as my first but more than my third.

After the whole waiting, I was eventually led with four other people into the interview hall. It was then I realized that people plenty small o... But still not as much as my first.

When it got to data capturing, the lady asked me when I took my passport photograph and if I had used it for a previous interview. Since the latter response was a yes, that's how she gave me a note to go and snap another one outside o. Thank God they already have a guy on standby in the waiting arena who was charging just #1,000. I went back in after I got the new passport and I completed the process. Then comes another long wait for finger print capture. That's how oyinbo's computer no wan capture my fingerprints o. I was like abi my international passport is fake ni abi dem don ban my passport ni... don't mind me, it's not a good thing to have visited the embassy several times without approval. He had to restart his system and apologized for the delay, then I felt a lil relief that the problem ain't from my end. At last the system came on and fingerprints were captured successfully.

Finally joined the last que for interview proper, then I started viewing different VO-Applicant interactions proper. In this life, until GOD says it is your time, my brother and sister just continue to have patience o because this visa approval/denial of a thing could make a denied best student feel like losing all hope. Some guys with strong case and everything intact, the next thing sorry blah blah blah�. While some with shaky voice and less effort will just get it ...boom... visa has been approved! There was the case of a guy who had previously went to US twice for tourism and spent 6 good months without any good reason to bail himself out. Mehn the VO tackled the guy till the end o even as he was trying to tender other high grade certificates to cover up his flaws. At last he was rejected and everyone kinda laughed because it was turning to a drama between them.

Meanwhile, there were 4 VOs (one was like a part-time because she wasn't really stable at the window but she eventually became my super hero).

I was checking out the scenarios at each of the windows but didn't let what was happening affect my morale because a lot of drama was happening for whoever is ready to laugh and some set of people were actually deriving joy from it. All the while, I just kept praying to God for mercy because after my 3rd interview, I knew what was left for me in this sojourn is nothing but Allah's mercy. I wasn't having any VO in particular in mind but was praying that I get interviewed by the VO that will be willing to allow God use him/her for my case. Thankfully, I got God's mercy in a miraculous way and my prayers were fully answered.

When it was almost my turn, there's a guy in my front that was about stepping to window 2 (or so) where the part-time VO is but was beckoned on to move to one of the active VO window where dramas were happening. This left me open for the window 2. I got there and the following happened...

Me: Good morning ma'am (with a smile)
VO: Good morning
Me: How are you doing ma'am?
VO: I am doing fine (with a smile)... Maybe she likes my attire because I wore native
VO: Pass me your documents.
Me: *(After getting rejected 3 times without me being asked if I have any document from my employer, a friend advised that I include it with my I-20 and fake ignorance. After all you've been denied before so it's no new thing, the most the VO will do is to return it)* So, I folded the letter of introduction I got from my Registrar (stating that I'm a bonafide staff of the Institution with my job role, including that I am expected back at my job after the programme) and placed it in front of my I-20 in-between my international passport, then passed it to her.

VO: (Luckily for me that was the first thing she saw) She removed the letter and glaced through it so swiftly as if she didn't read anything and returned it back to me that she doesn't need it. In my mind I was like... *chai mama don vex o* �
Me: Collected it and felt as if nothing has really happened.

VO: Why did you choose this school?
(Me that I already have a good proposed response for such question just realized that nothing was in my head again o, but at least went ahead to say the rubbish English that my mouth could speak at that time)
Me: I chose the school because among the schools that I applied to Kent State University had my focus with respect to course interest and research focus. I currently work as an Assistant Lecturer (VO cuts in...)

VO: that's okay, you work as an Assistant Lecturer? Where?
Me: At the Federal University of... in...

VO: Okay! What will this degree do for you?
Me: As an Assistant Lecturer, it is expected that I ensure (VO cuta in again)

VO: Where did you say you work again?
Me: Federal University of... in...

VO: Checked something on her system, then was like University of what did you say?
Me: Federal University of... in... In fact I have a letter from my Registrar incase you wish to see.

VO: No, I don't need that. Who is paying for your education?
Me: The school offered me a Graduate Teaching Assistantship position that comes with tuition fee waiver and a generous stipend which I am grateful for that covers my living expenses and 70% of my health insurance leaving me with a deficit of $1,835.

VO: So who is paying for the balance?
Me: I will be covering that with my personal savings.

VO: Checked my I-20 and was like 'Okay'

I was just staring at her. That's how she carried my passport and dropped it inside a box and removed a white paper o. Then she faced her system and started reading through what's there. Then everything started looking like a film trick. She wasn't really happy with what she's seeing there. So she took out my passport from the box and also picked my I-20. At this point, I became really scared and started saying all prayers that my mouth could say. Thank God there's nose mask to shield my mouth's movement. All I was asking for was God's mercy as much as I could. She eventually stepped out to speak with someone I was not seeing, but it was obvious she was soliciting for a consideration on my behalf (only God knew what these people don write for my case o). She came back, started doing something on the system and it seems like copy and paste or deleting something sha. Meanwhile, she's yet to return my passport into the box but at the same time still have the white paper placed beneath my I-20.

VO: What position will you attain with your PhD?
Me: Lecturer II

VO: Okay!
She resumed to her typing and after a while, the golden words came out of her mouth... "I am approving your VISA"

That's how my system just scattered that I was trying to listen to what she was saying but my ears no gree hear o. All I wanted at that moment was to allow her stop talking so I could thank her for the consideration.

Eventually she finished talking and I thanked her and pray that God continue to bless her abundantly. It was obvious from her facial expression that she's happy about the decision and how I felt afterwards.

Special appreciation to my one and only chiefest chief, PEPEronically macaroni who saw my first interview transcript on Nairaland, reached out to me and gave me some encouragements that denial is nothing, that I will eventually get it if I remain steadfast. Thank you very much great Scholar, brother, leader and all-in-1 personality. May God continue to be your fortifier.

God didn't stop at that, He always had people sent to me at every point of my bad times. In no order of arrangement, these Scholars have been of great and immense support to my morale in all ramifications: Afeez, Ariwoola Mattew, Demmy, Yusuf, Debik, Zaynab, Mayowa, Chinonso, Gifty, Enyo (Nairaland), Eyo, Kemi (Nairaland), Kush, the whole ACER family and FCLN family. You guys are the best!

Alhamdulillahi Robbil Alamin... God will not start what He cannot complete. So, remain steadfast in your pursuit for excellence!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Janet200: 6:12am On Aug 13, 2021
Gokoyer1401:
Thanks for your contribution so far.
If I may ask, how many months of bank statement can I submit for visa application?
3 or 6 months, but I will advise you go with 6 months
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 6:18am On Aug 13, 2021
Thank you ma'am.
Janet200:

3 or 6 months, but I will advise you go with 6 months
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by owagbeba: 6:32am On Aug 13, 2021
SMREXY:
This is going to be a somewhat long...

Fams, in whatever you find yourself doing, always put GOD first. Without him, your hardwork and great profile could be regarded as nothing in few seconds. Indeed, GOD is nothing but Great and Awesome... Alhamdulillahi Robbil Alamin.

Also, NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR PURSUIT FOR SUCCESS!

My first visa interview was at LAGOS and was scheduled for November 27, 2019. I had a fully funded PhD in Civil Engineering (Water Resources Option) at University of Kentucky, Lexington.

So, this was how the interview went...

Me: Good morning ma'am
VO: Good morning, pass me your passport
Me: Should I include my I-20?
VO: Pls do
Me: I'm going to the United States of America to have my PhD. degree in Civil Engineering at the University of Kentucky in Lexington
VO: Why University of Kentucky?
Me: I got to realize, during my online search, that the University of Kentucky meets my expectations with respect to my research specialization. I realized that Dr.__ specializes in fate and transport of environmental contaminants (had the mind to express myself further but wouldn't know what killed my morale at this point, just got blank)
Me: I was able to complete my application to only University of Kentucky. I would have also applied to University of Colorado but my GRE score was not up to the required score of the school
VO: What's your GRE score?
Me: 300 (I proceeded to give the breakdown)
Me: I work as an Assistant Lecturer at....
VO: What will this PhD do for you?
Me: Apart from my research, the PhD will give me the opportunity to gain promotion to the position of full Lecturer as the position I currently hold is a training position that requires further training (meanwhile, I had prepared to say something different entirely but someone gave the advice and I thought it weighed more than what I planned initially, so my subconscious took it instead)
VO: Why are you changing career
Me: No, I would not be changing career. My first and second degrees were in Water Resources Management and I intend to specialize in Water Resources Engineering during this program. Moreover, I intend to focus on water treatment, which is better handled in Civil Engineering.
Me: I work as an Assistant Lecturer at Federal University of...
VO: What do you teach? (I couldn't hear what she was saying until the third time)
Me: I teach water related courses (I had to say this twice and later realized I should have been explicit enough)
Me: No, I have never had the need to
Me: No, I'm not
VO: Started typing...
Me: In my mind, I felt it was going to be positive as she continued to type. Then a smile appeared on my face as she opened her mouth to say the unexpected.
VO: I'm sorry I won't be able to approve your visa this time. Then she passed my passport and I-20 with a yellow paper to me.
Me: I collected them with a smile and told her thank you.

My second visa interview at ABUJA was scheduled for January 12, 2020.

Me: Good morning, Sir! How are you doing?
Me: I'm doing fine, thank you.
VO: Pass me your passport and I-20
Me: Here they are.
VO: Are you employed?
Me: Yes, I work as an Assistant Lecturer at the Federal University of...
Me: I'm going to the US to have my Doctorate degree in Civil Engineering with specialization in Water Resources Engineering at the University of Kentucky.
VO: Why this school?
Me: Apart from the full time research assistantship I was offered, which covers my tuition fee with a generous stipend that covers my living expenses, the school meets my expectations with respect to research specialization. My guidance, Dr... who specializes in the fate and transport of environmental contaminants and their treatments also specializes in Water Disinfection, which is a problem I intend to tackle when I am back to Nigeria after my programme in the US.
Me: I work as an Assistant Lecturer at the Federal University of... where I teach water related courses such as Water Quality Assessment and Pollution Control, Principles of Irrigation, Hydraulic structures and Elements of Hydrology. I am also a researcher by default (I had a letter from my Registrar but I didn't remember to mention it).
Me: I completed my application to University of Kentucky. Though I also have a pending application at Steven's Institute of Technology
Me: No
Me: No, I never had the need to.
VO: Sorry, bla bla bla
Me: May I please know why I was denied?
VO: It's written on the paper
Me: Thank you

The third one was at LAGOS on June 1, 2021 for a different programme and school.

Me: Good morning, I'm doing fine. How are you doing too?
VO: Good, thank you. Pass me your passport and I-20.
Me: I did as instructed
VO: (Typed and glanced through his system and my I-20 for a while) I can see that you are going to Kent State University for a PhD in Geology.
Me: Yes please.
VO: How did you learn about the school?
Me: I used Google search and USnews.com to search and narrow down the schools that offer my course of interest.
VO: Why the school?
Me: Thank you for this question. Firstly, I will like to let you know that Kent State University offered me a full-time Graduate Teaching Assistantship position that fully covers my tuition fee and living expenses including 70% of my health insurance as you can see on my I-20. Also, I was able to establish a research correspondence with Dr... who was excited to receive my mail after mailing him to inform him about joining his research team towards conducting a research on the modeling of hyporheic zone which is the interface between surface water and groundwater systems and allows for the exchange of both organic and inorganic pollutants. Also, I should let you know that the school initiated a platform known as flashfriends that allows for the interactions between current and prospective graduate students to enable the sharing of information about the school and all, which was very helpful during my application process.
VO: I can see that you've been refused twice, 2019 and 2020.
Me: Yes, that's true for the same program in Spring 2020
VO: Which school was that? (I didn't hear well so I asked to be sure)
Me: That's University of Kentucky
VO: You applied for Water Resources Engineering then, why Geology now?
Me: Thank you for this beautiful question. I should let you know that my major, which is Water Resources Management, is an interdisciplinary course that cuts across geology, hydrology, civil engineering and environmental science including climate science. So I am going for the Geology aspect which will allow me conduct a research on the modeling of the interaction between surface water and groundwater systems which is similar to the research I intended to conduct with my PhD at University of Kentucky. (All this while he kept typing and wouldn't say anything). So I chipped in this... Also, I was unable to sustain my funding at University of Kentucky due to COVID.
VO: How did you get this great funding?
Me: Thank you. I believe the admission committee must have been greatly impressed with my academic excellence and research capability. I completed my first degree with a First class and my second degree which is a Master's degree with distinction grade. Also, I'm quite sure my recommenders must have submitted excellent recommendation letters on my behalf because they know me quite well having worked with them while they were HOD of my department where I currently work as an Assistant Lecturer. So they know about my capabilities quite well.
Me: No, I'm single
VO: Do you have kids?
Me: No, I don't
VO: Typed for a while that I was already hoping I got the Visa this time... Then blah blah blah
Me: Felt bad, said thank you, then left.

The interview lasted longer than this as he was just typing, typing and typing. I noticed his countenance at some point while he was reading through something on his system so I have a feeling that the issue is from my profile which I wouldn't know what it is. The denial was quite shocking because I was not expecting it throughout the period our conversation lasted.

Now the fourth and the FINAL...

I wouldn't know how, but God perfected everything. The next 2 days after my last denial was my birthday. I checked my visa portal to see what's up and luckily, I saw first available date "June 28, 2021". I thought I was dreaming because the date appeared too close for a recent denial (that's a freaking 27 days after last interview). With faith, I rushed to pay another MRV fee and I was fortunate to still have the date intact at LAGOS Embassy.

What if I tell you that I do not really have a transcript to share for my fourth interview. I mean my experience was nothing but God's mercy. At the utterance of my first response, I was already about to give up because I realized I was in no way at my peak. However, God was merciful enough to change the story for me.

So, I was scheduled for 11:30 am but I left my hotel around 8 am. To locate me became an issue for my bolt driver so I spent several minutes trying to get him to find me. That didn't get me worried though because I felt I still had enough time since it's just a 25 minutes drive to the embassy. Eventually, I was able to capture him after he had passed me again. Thank God I saw his car colour and plate number on the app. I eventually got to the embassy arena and had my bag and phone kept with one of those business oriented fellows... If government no provide job at least some people thought it well to earn through a legit means other than scam and related ways. Meanwhile, they were not even considering the scheduled time of interview so I was just passed in for document verification. It's like not much people were fixed for today because the population was not so much as my first but more than my third.

After the whole waiting, I was eventually led with four other people into the interview hall. It was then I realized that people plenty small o... But still not as much as my first.

When it got to data capturing, the lady asked me when I took my passport photograph and if I had used it for a previous interview. Since the latter response was a yes, that's how she gave me a note to go and snap another one outside o. Thank God they already have a guy on standby in the waiting arena who was charging just #1,000. I went back in after I got the new passport and I completed the process. Then comes another long wait for finger print capture. That's how oyinbo's computer no wan capture my fingerprints o. I was like abi my international passport is fake ni abi dem don ban my passport ni... don't mind me, it's not a good thing to have visited the embassy several times without approval. He had to restart his system and apologized for the delay, then I felt a lil relief that the problem ain't from my end. At last the system came on and fingerprints were captured successfully.

Finally joined the last que for interview proper, then I started viewing different VO-Applicant interactions proper. In this life, until GOD says it is your time, my brother and sister just continue to have patience o because this visa approval/denial of a thing could make a denied best student feel like losing all hope. Some guys with strong case and everything intact, the next thing sorry blah blah blah�. While some with shaky voice and less effort will just get it ...boom... visa has been approved! There was the case of a guy who had previously went to US twice for tourism and spent 6 good months without any good reason to bail himself out. Mehn the VO tackled the guy till the end o even as he was trying to tender other high grade certificates to cover up his flaws. At last he was rejected and everyone kinda laughed because it was turning to a drama between them.

Meanwhile, there were 4 VOs (one was like a part-time because she wasn't really stable at the window but she eventually became my super hero).

I was checking out the scenarios at each of the windows but didn't let what was happening affect my morale because a lot of drama was happening for whoever is ready to laugh and some set of people were actually deriving joy from it. All the while, I just kept praying to God for mercy because after my 3rd interview, I knew what was left for me in this sojourn is nothing but Allah's mercy. I wasn't having any VO in particular in mind but was praying that I get interviewed by the VO that will be willing to allow God use him/her for my case. Thankfully, I got God's mercy in a miraculous way and my prayers were fully answered.

When it was almost my turn, there's a guy in my front that was about stepping to window 2 (or so) where the part-time VO is but was beckoned on to move to one of the active VO window where dramas were happening. This left me open for the window 2. I got there and the following happened...

Me: Good morning ma'am (with a smile)
VO: Good morning
Me: How are you doing ma'am?
VO: I am doing fine (with a smile)... Maybe she likes my attire because I wore native
VO: Pass me your documents.
Me: *(After getting rejected 3 times without me being asked if I have any document from my employer, a friend advised that I include it with my I-20 and fake ignorance. After all you've been denied before so it's no new thing, the most the VO will do is to return it)* So, I folded the letter of introduction I got from my Registrar (stating that I'm a bonafide staff of the Institution with my job role, including that I am expected back at my job after the programme) and placed it in front of my I-20 in-between my international passport, then passed it to her.

VO: (Luckily for me that was the first thing she saw) She removed the letter and glaced through it so swiftly as if she didn't read anything and returned it back to me that she doesn't need it. In my mind I was like... *chai mama don vex o* �
Me: Collected it and felt as if nothing has really happened.

VO: Why did you choose this school?
(Me that I already have a good proposed response for such question just realized that nothing was in my head again o, but at least went ahead to say the rubbish English that my mouth could speak at that time)
Me: I chose the school because among the schools that I applied to Kent State University had my focus with respect to course interest and research focus. I currently work as an Assistant Lecturer (VO cuts in...)

VO: that's okay, you work as an Assistant Lecturer? Where?
Me: At the Federal University of... in...

VO: Okay! What will this degree do for you?
Me: As an Assistant Lecturer, it is expected that I ensure (VO cuta in again)

VO: Where did you say you work again?
Me: Federal University of... in...

VO: Checked something on her system, then was like University of what did you say?
Me: Federal University of... in... In fact I have a letter from my Registrar incase you wish to see.

VO: No, I don't need that. Who is paying for your education?
Me: The school offered me a Graduate Teaching Assistantship position that comes with tuition fee waiver and a generous stipend which I am grateful for that covers my living expenses and 70% of my health insurance leaving me with a deficit of $1,835.

VO: So who is paying for the balance?
Me: I will be covering that with my personal savings.

VO: Checked my I-20 and was like 'Okay'

I was just staring at her. That's how she carried my passport and dropped it inside a box and removed a white paper o. Then she faced her system and started reading through what's there. Then everything started looking like a film trick. She wasn't really happy with what she's seeing there. So she took out my passport from the box and also picked my I-20. At this point, I became really scared and started saying all prayers that my mouth could say. Thank God there's nose mask to shield my mouth's movement. All I was asking for was God's mercy as much as I could. She eventually stepped out to speak with someone I was not seeing, but it was obvious she was soliciting for a consideration on my behalf (only God knew what these people don write for my case o). She came back, started doing something on the system and it seems like copy and paste or deleting something sha. Meanwhile, she's yet to return my passport into the box but at the same time still have the white paper placed beneath my I-20.

VO: What position will you attain with your PhD?
Me: Lecturer II

VO: Okay!
She resumed to her typing and after a while, the golden words came out of her mouth... "I am approving your VISA"

That's how my system just scattered that I was trying to listen to what she was saying but my ears no gree hear o. All I wanted at that moment was to allow her stop talking so I could thank her for the consideration.

Eventually she finished talking and I thanked her and pray that God continue to bless her abundantly. It was obvious from her facial expression that she's happy about the decision and how I felt afterwards.

Special appreciation to my one and only chiefest chief, PEPEronically macaroni who saw my first interview transcript on Nairaland, reached out to me and gave me some encouragements that denial is nothing, that I will eventually get it if I remain steadfast. Thank you very much great Scholar, brother, leader and all-in-1 personality. May God continue to be your fortifier.

God didn't stop at that, He always had people sent to me at every point of my bad times. In no order of arrangement, these Scholars have been of great and immense support to my morale in all ramifications: Afeez, Ariwoola Mattew, Demmy, Yusuf, Debik, Zaynab, Mayowa, Chinonso, Gifty, Enyo (Nairaland), Eyo, Kemi (Nairaland), Kush, the whole ACER family and FCLN family. You guys are the best!

Alhamdulillahi Robbil Alamin... God will not start what He cannot complete. So, remain steadfast in your pursuit for excellence!

Bro, I am happy for you. Your story gave me a lot of inspiration to always remain steadfast in any endeavor.

I guess the previous VO kept rejecting the application due to home ties: no wife, no kids. But the last VO really was swayed by the current job at a Federal university.

All the best, bro. Remain steadfast both in study and in faith. God has done it for you.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 13, 2021
Approvalll:
Sorry for the visa delay bro don’t lose hope this is my 4th attempt just try again it’s not like I did or said anything special it’s just the grace of God that can help somebody in this visa process keep pushing and yes that was me I wore suit and I wasn’t sick I just drank some alcohol before coming to the embassy to give me small ginger but I ended up throwing and up and please don’t give up please

Some alcohol to give you small ginger? grin grin

Really funny. grin
Congratulations again, bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by viviansteph12: 8:30am On Aug 13, 2021
I sent you a mail
Please reply
I need dates in Abuja
Wanderlust18:
Someone said you should reapply for EA, this time try to make a compelling case. I’ve also been told that you need to sound very respectful like saying things like “Dear Honorable Ambassador”.

Lastly, you can dm me, there’s a group to check for dates in Abuja, if you’re interested, dm me.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Diedi: 8:57am On Aug 13, 2021
Hello. Please I sent a mail, I'll like to join the date group in Abuja. Pls respond

Wanderlust18:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bunmisoar(m): 10:06am On Aug 13, 2021
Hello everyone

Please is there anyone who just got admitted for Public Health into Morgan State University?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AjokeAdu: 10:10am On Aug 13, 2021
babs017:
GOD BLESS U. PLS CAN U HELP ME WITH SCHOLARSHIP LINK IN USA OR ANY COUNTRY? REMAIN BLESSED

Thanks so much for this information

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ktancing(m): 10:23am On Aug 13, 2021
I landed yesterday. No question was asked. You only need to give the officer at the POE your passport and form I-20. The officer takes your photograph, stamp your passport and return them (I-20 and passport) back to you.

You will also be given a form to fill while on the queue.

pufframmy:
Please
POE Transcript Needed for Student Visa
What are the Question Most Ask
please kindly share

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by psychologyshuby: 10:44am On Aug 13, 2021
I’m so happy to hear this. You deserve it.
Approvalll:
Visa approved Abuja embassy if you give up Na you Bleep up transcript coming soon thank you Jesus
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmmyteeTosin(m): 11:15am On Aug 13, 2021
Just defer your admission and reschedule your appointment till sometime around November ending because you are already past resumptionof classes
wue1:
Please I got emergency date September 8 my program starts 23 August my school gave me up till 1 September to resume what d I do can I go for the interview will the vo see this as a red flag that my school has already resume please anybody with this experience should comment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by charlesikenna00(m): 1:27pm On Aug 13, 2021
Pls gurus i need answer to this question "is having a sister in the states who works for the military as your sponsor a red flag?"
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 1:31pm On Aug 13, 2021
She didn’t ask for any bank statement
Gokoyer1401:
Accept my congratulations bro. If I may ask, how many months of bank statement did you submit?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 1:39pm On Aug 13, 2021
My resumption date is monday august 16, i requested for an emergency appointment. Do i need to request for a change in i20 now, or should I request for that after i have gotten an interview date or after getting the visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 1:46pm On Aug 13, 2021
Ayangbade99:
Hi, did someone help you with the date in Abuja?
no
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cupcakes11: 2:07pm On Aug 13, 2021
Guys pls how long will it take for my documents to reflect on my WES ACCOUNT after my school has sent my transcript to them.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Northeastern: 2:27pm On Aug 13, 2021
EncephalonPikin:
For those who dislike epistles, let me go straight to the point.

APPROVAL TRANSCRIPT

School: Johnson C. Smith University
Scholarship: $18k(Deficit of $9384)
Sponsor: Uncle
Program: Bachelor of Science in Biology
Interviewed by a Black Male American VO for about 4 minutes tops
Dropping out from a Nigerian University and yeah, I indicated it in my DS-160

VO: Pass me your I-20 and passport
ME: *passes them*
(I decided to drop my files so that I could gesticulate well with my hands)
VO: How did you decide to go to this school?
ME: I heard about the school from my advisors at the EducationUSA here at the embassy ( points at the building with my hands). They helped streamline my wants and profile with the schools where I would fit it in.( I expected something like 'How did you hear about this school?' so I was mostly rambling until I had nothing to say again)
VO: Tell me about your educational background
I graduated from high school as the salutatorian, senior prefect, JETS club financial secretary, lead mobilizer of my school's rescue team( Again, my mind was urging me to say something else but I wasn't sure of how best to answer this question as it wasn't phrased the way I understand but I just wanted to sell myself at every given chance. Part of my educational background would also be the time I’ve spent in a Nigerian university already but I didn’t stress it since it was already in my DS-160)
VO: what will you do with this degree?
I intend to work at the Nigerian Institute for Medical Research as a Biomedical Scientist and this degree will help serve as a stepping stone to that dream. Nigeria's public health sector is in a deplorable state and lives are being lost needlessly so I'd like to help change that.
VO: Who will be paying for this?
ME: My uncle
VO: What does he do?
ME: He works at Bleep in the USA
(Fairheart had already emphasized that I should first highlight my scholarship when answering this question but I was so tensed that I forgot)
He kept typing and that was when Fairheart's words came to my head. So after about a minute or so of typing, I quickly added that I have a scholarship too
He didn’t even look up, he only said ‘hmm’( he had obviously made his decision already).
VO: What's the duration of this course?
Me: 4 years

Before I knew it, he just slid my I-20 back to me with a white paper and my passport ended up in a basket. I won't lie, it was unexpected, I was awaiting more questions so that I can show him what I'm made of. Grrrr! [/i]He had given two people before me green papers and I saw the way their faces changed so I didn't want no green paper. White is my favorite color cheesy cheesy cheesy, I love white!!! The funny thing is that I can’t remember any other thing he said after that. I don’t know if that is the famous deafness you guys talk about but I was discombobulated. I quickly picked up my I-20 and started wishing him all the good things that came to my head, lol. All his responses flew over my head and I ended up by telling him to have a beautiful day.

During my interview, I told him to repeat himself more than once because I couldn’t get what he was saying. Maybe it was because he denied the nice lady before me but he was kind enough to talk slowly. I also wasn’t as tense as I thought I’ll be but I was not as coherent as I would’ve liked. I talked really fast and I was quite surprised that he caught everything I say. In fact, the realization that I finally have my visa is still sinking in. I was approved on Monday, my passport was ready the next day and I picked it up yesterday.

There was also one thing I saw, while the VO was typing, the computer behind him was open to one site, guess?... Nairaland! grin grin Lmao, I screamed [i](internally of course)

APPRECIATION DIARY
I first want to thank God without whom none of this would have been possible. He was the most important factor in this journey.

To Nairaland
Arguably the most impactful site in my life. I discovered Nairaland in 2016 after I had blown my first admission chance and started following this thread. I think I started from part 9 or so and I’ve enjoyed every bit of this journey. I’ve met people who have changed my life and I’ve made hopefully lifelong friendships.

To Northeastern
When I started contemplating rewriting the SAT in 2018 and came here to state it, he straight up offered to pay for me and he did. This was someone I didn’t know from Adam. He also went as far as drafting a list of schools for me. I eventually got to rewrite the SAT thanks to his generosity and had a 180 point increase in the space of a month. That SAT is taking me to the US. I don’t know what he saw in me but I hope to be able to reciprocate his kindness in the life of others one day. May you always find help and may life be kind to you at every turn.

To Fairheart,
The day before my interview, I had two consecutive mock sessions with him and it really went a long way in boosting my confidence. Months earlier, I had emailed him and he took his time to advice me. He also introduced me to a group of equally determined young students who also had a big role to play in my success story. I've bugged him severally for his input and he has never been tired of helping. May God bless you Sir

To Texrem, thank you for replying my pm, going through my transcript and helping me make it more concise and sensible. God bless you richly.

To Best201195, for replying my pm that faithful Sunday afternoon and for introducing me to an opportunity that has changed my life. Your help has made my journey much more easier and worthwhile.

To Fonoth who’s one of the kindest people I’ve ever met in this life, no kidding. She strove tirelessly and kept me informed of countless openings until one finally clicked. She was like an unofficial accountability partner who relentlessly pushed me. Without you, it wouldn’t have been possible

To CaptainMarvell who has been a fellow warrior in this battle, thank you for your immense help which is too numerous to name, May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks- J.R.R Tolkien

To Etherealbeing, thank you for that mock interview, you helped transform my transcript from a recital to a conversation.

To mummy Lagosismyhome, thank you for your tireless service. I could remember that she had a word of advice both times I came here seeking help.

To Legit215, thank you for compiling that transcript.

A million thanks to GboyegaD, BenNash and FreshStarz, thank you for your words during the times I was seeking help.

I'll end with this quote by Nelson Mandela, "There's no passion to be found in playing small and living a life that's less than that which you're capable of living". Far too many destinies have been changed by the Nigerian public education system due to her inhumane way of allocating admissions. Don't pursue a career you'll hate and don't build your life on a shaky foundation. I have many uncertainties and I feel really anxious because I'm taking a big leap but as Friedrich Nietzsche said, "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how"

PS: I'm accepting donations, give and it shall be given unto you embarassed wink

I am just seeing seeing this, I am happy that you made it and now in the US.

When I saw the post you were talking about, my experience as a financial advisor told me that was never going to be a bad decision for the reason I stated in my response.

I was about two weeks into my program here in the US when I responded to your post in 2018. Welcome to the club and never forget to inspire others at home. Like you already know, you can become anything with your biology degree and that includes going on to medical school or for an accelerated BSN.

I don't doubt your abilities and know you will turn out better than you expected.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Abolarin91(m): 2:58pm On Aug 13, 2021
Good day all...
Pls I am new in this thread, I need help.
I need to submit my transcript and certificate to WES but the person in charge said I need to provide the info in the picture bellow, pls anybody once in this shoe?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cupcakes11: 3:11pm On Aug 13, 2021
cupcakes11:
Guys pls how long will it take for my documents to reflect on my WES ACCOUNT after my school has sent my transcript to them.
Pls someone should answer me ejor
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ayangbade99: 3:35pm On Aug 13, 2021
Hi all, Is the Lagos consulate still issuing the requested emergency?? No replies from them and it's been a week already.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by habayomee: 3:42pm On Aug 13, 2021
charlesikenna00:
Pls gurus i need answer to this question "is having a sister in the states who works for the military as your sponsor a red flag?"

Nope! I even think she being in the military will give an edge.
Not sure though
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Linccoln(m): 3:45pm On Aug 13, 2021
Hello guys,

I just received my form I-20 2 days ago with fully funded Masters program with no deficit. I booked an appointment yesterday and requested for an emergency appointment, but I haven't heard any response from the Abuja embassy. Do you suggest I still wait for the embassy, or start fall 2021 class from Nigeria and join them in spring 2022, or defer the admission.

The resumption date is 23rd August.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kelex062: 3:48pm On Aug 13, 2021
cupcakes11:

Pls someone should answer me ejor
It would reflect as soon as they get it (you can track your application on their mobile app). And they would send you a mail telling you that they have received your documents and if they are complete or not.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ayangbade99: 4:00pm On Aug 13, 2021
Hi, did you pay another mrv? / visa fee? I'm thinking of canceling and applying in Abuja cos Lagos is yet to reply.. If I cancel, will I get the emergency request to Abuja? Please reply. Thanks.

Ayangbade99:
Hello, did you pay another visa fee?
Did you cancel and simply reapplied to Abuja and the emergency request function was still intact?

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.