Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,079 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1638935 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jolek15: 5:44pm On Feb 24, 2021
Chonco:

If you're not the one sponsoring yourself, click on other person (if it's a family member, friend).
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 6:03pm On Feb 24, 2021
Oluwanifemi96:
Good day everyone, please is having a close relative in the US going to have a negative effect on visa decision?
I have an older sister in the US, who is married and has a kid, and I intend to stay with her throughout my time in the US.
Please I would like to know.
It may. The VO will probably see that you have a sister in the US and your school is in the same city too and see it as an intent to go and live with her rather than studying.

My advice would be to go with a school that is in a different state from your sister. Then as long as your sister is in status and hasn't violated any visa rules, you'll be fine and it shouldn't have a negative effect on your visa decision.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Koskos95: 6:05pm On Feb 24, 2021
Legit, during my first interview I had no tuition waiver,so when the VO asked who my sponsor is, I said my Mother and three other of my relatives. In my second interview, I had a full tuition waiver, in the second interview the VO didn't even ask about the financial aspect. My sponsor is my Aunt, and my school is not in the same city as the city where she resides..
Legit215:
Woah
Do you have any sort of funding, who's the relative to you, is the school in the same city or state as your relative.
Sincerity matters that doesn't mean you should blow your chances completely by what you say.
Send your transcript or conversation with the VO
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Koskos95: 6:10pm On Feb 24, 2021
The first interview.

This are my visa transcripts

Vo: Good morning.

Me: Good morning  sir.

Vo: where are you going  to? 

Me: the University of Louisiana at Lafayette to pursue my MS in Civil   engineering with a concentration in environmental engineering. 

Why this university : I choose this university particularly because of an ongoing research at the university that deals with the production of biogas from the anaerobic degradation of food wastes ... I wanted to continue with what I had to say,but he cut in. 

Vo: what other schools did you apply to? 

Me : ODU and USC. 

Vo: why did you chose this school above ODU. 

Me: I choose the University because of its reputability and because the research at the university closely aligns with my research interest. 

Vo: what is your research interest?

Me: the production of biogas from the anaerobic degradation of food wastes. 

Vo: are you married? 

Me: No. 

Vo: are you single 

Me: yes. 

Vo: do you have any children? 

Me: no

Vo: are you employed? 

Me: No,  but I have worked as a mathematics teacher. 

Vo : who is your sponsor? 

Me: My mother and 3 of my relatives. 

Vo: what does your mother do? 

Me : I told. 

Vo: I am sorry, I can't approved your visa

My second visa interview

They still gave me a 214b (lack of strong home ties) : no employment, no child, not married. I will have to choose a date for MAY and I will have to apply as employed . That's the only strong home tie I can work or should I still apply as unemployed?Some one said for fall admission I went too early. That I didn't obey the 120 day bracket ,that says I can only come for interview only within the 120 days bracket period to resumption.

This were the only questions I was asked. They asked where are you going to, how many schools you applied to, how many admits and rejects, why did you choose this school, how did you hear about the school, are you single....then he said you do not qualify for visa at this time.

My replies.
Where are you going to?
I am going to USA for my masters in civil engineering with a specialization in environmental engineering at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and also I will be work with Dr Daniel d gang on his research work that deals with the production of biogas from the anaerobic degradation of food wastes.

How many schools did you apply to?
I applied to 3: the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, old dominion university, and the university of South Carolina.

How many admits and rejects.
Old dominion university and the University of Louisiana at Lafayette both offered me admission ,and got a reject from the university of South Carolina.

Why did you choose this school?
I chose this school because I am interested in Dr Daniel d gang research that deals with the production of biogas from the anaerobic degradation of food wastes. The university has a research facility where the production of violas is been carried out by the use of food waste from the school cafeteria.

How did you hear about the school?

I heard about the school on usnews.com and after a Google extensive search.

Are you single?
Yes.

There said you do not qualify for a visa at this time..

Koskos95:
Legit, during my first interview I had no tuition waiver,so when the VO asked who my sponsor is, I said my Mother and three other of my relatives. In my second interview, I had a full tuition waiver, in the second interview the VO didn't even ask about the financial aspect. My sponsor is my Aunt, and my school is not in the same city as the city where she resides..

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jolek15: 6:14pm On Feb 24, 2021
Pls guys anyone up for practicing the interview stuff with me? My appointment is in May but it's not bad to start preparing now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kofomii: 6:27pm On Feb 24, 2021
Can somebody tell me if application for USA visit(tourist) visa has started
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chonco: 6:35pm On Feb 24, 2021
JaySterling:
My friends visa was approved.

Can you delete this nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chonco: 6:45pm On Feb 24, 2021
edox15:

Lagos or Abuja ?
Still cant see any open dates for Lagos as at 10 minutes ago.

There are dates o.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nostradamus1: 6:56pm On Feb 24, 2021
Lordsagna:
Good morning..
I'll be taking SAT examination may 8 by God's grace but it's without essay what is my chance of getting a fully funding scholarship( program: bsc in pre-medical/ nursing) without the essay cos I heard it's optional someone is actually paying for me.
What matters most is your SAT score. The essay is a waste of time as it is being complemented by Commonapp essay.

Pass your SAT with high score so that you can apply to top uni. Gather your financial and educational documents. The added advantage of writing early is that u plan far ahead of time

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nostradamus1: 6:57pm On Feb 24, 2021
tiptoe1:

Na this your friend they make visa hard for genuine people. And I hope you know the VO's also visit the travel section?? Na you go koba your Friend Las las
I really pray the guy is deported. Nigerians and criminality
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by benji93: 6:58pm On Feb 24, 2021
Do you even know what tier 1 means? No Iowa state university is not tier 1.
Izanghi:

Try Iowa state university: a top 100 school in US, with 92% acceptance rate, tier 1 university.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jolek15: 7:02pm On Feb 24, 2021
fairheart:
IF YOU NEED GRE MATERIALS, QUOTE AND DROP YOUR EMAIL UNDER THIS COMMENT.

A friend needs it ogunleyepeter648@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lifeofgolden1: 7:26pm On Feb 24, 2021
Hello, @Gurus in the house,
My name is Lawrence. I want to use this medium to thank each and every one of you for your help in answering my questions when my Visa application was delayed. I successfully deferred to the Fall semester (August 2021).
Because of the pandemic, I can't go to the US embassy until 120 days before my resumption date. This rule was activated by the consular service providers in other to limit the crowd at the embassy and also protect themselves.
While contemplating this, a friend of mine introduced me to a Pathway program offered by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It is an educational program that prepares you for admission into Brigham Young University. I have successfully completed the Pathway program, gotten admission into Brigham Young University, and currently in my second semester.
I can't afford to stay idle so I embraced the idea and I am schooling with them right away online. But, I want to transfer my credit to Idaho State University before my interview proper. If I should transfer my credit, will I cease been a student of BYU-Idaho immediately? or is there something I don't understand here? The reason I am asking this question is that I don't want to be stranded if my Visa application is been delayed again. I should still have something to lean to academically.
I am sorry for the long text.
Your kind response will be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chonco: 7:33pm On Feb 24, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluwanifemi96(f): 7:45pm On Feb 24, 2021
Stevenssen:

It may. The VO will probably see that you have a sister in the US and your school is in the same city too and see it as an intent to go and live with her rather than studying.

My advice would be to go with a school that is in a different state from your sister. Then as long as your sister is in status and hasn't violated any visa rules, you'll be fine and it shouldn't have a negative effect on your visa decision.
Alright thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmeritusR: 8:20pm On Feb 24, 2021
lifeofgolden1:
My name is Lawrence. I want to use this medium to thank each and every one of you for your help in answering my questions when my Visa application was delayed. I successfully deferred to the Fall semester (August 2021).
Because of the pandemic, .

brother it will be good you do not transfer your credits yet, you can still be doing that for the online with BYUI, you can just use your previous admission with ISU since you already deferred to go for your interview again, we just pray that everything will work well this time. anything can happen, my friend that got his visa approved yesterday was really surprise the way his interview went. only God takes control over this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lifeofgolden1: 8:29pm On Feb 24, 2021
EmeritusR:

brother it will be good you do not transfer your credits yet, you can still be doing that for the online with BYUI, you can just use your previous admission with ISU since you already deferred to go for your interview again, we just pray that everything will work well this time. anything can happen, my friend that got his visa approved yesterday was really surprise by the way his interview went. only God takes control over this.
Thanks a lot, Bro for the advice.
I am grateful
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 24, 2021
Walspring:

I replied your PM. Check your junk or spam box of you didn’t see it in the box.
please check your mail sir God bless
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmeritusR: 9:07pm On Feb 24, 2021
lifeofgolden1:
Thanks a lot, Bro for the advice. I am grateful
it's okay my leader, it will be well. no giving up.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 9:50pm On Feb 24, 2021
Malone122:
please check your mail sir God bless

I got it and I have replied. Check your inbox or junk or spam message it could be there if you didn’t see it in your inbox.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Uchemus(m): 10:24pm On Feb 24, 2021
Pls who else received this sort of letter following submission of passport last year, any update yet?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ThePianoGuy: 10:50pm On Feb 24, 2021
Koskos95:
The first interview.

This are my visa transcripts

Vo: Good morning.

Me: Good morning  sir.

Vo: where are you going  to? 

Me: the University of Louisiana at Lafayette to pursue my MS in Civil   engineering with a concentration in environmental engineering. 

Why this university : I choose this university particularly because of an ongoing research at the university that deals with the production of biogas from the anaerobic degradation of food wastes ... I wanted to continue with what I had to say,but he cut in. 

Vo: what other schools did you apply to? 

Me : ODU and USC. 

Vo: why did you chose this school above ODU. 

Me: I choose the University because of its reputability and because the research at the university closely aligns with my research interest. 

Vo: what is your research interest?

Me: the production of biogas from the anaerobic degradation of food wastes. 

Vo: are you married? 

Me: No. 

Vo: are you single 

Me: yes. 

Vo: do you have any children? 

Me: no

Vo: are you employed? 

Me: No,  but I have worked as a mathematics teacher. 

Vo : who is your sponsor? 

Me: My mother and 3 of my relatives. 

Vo: what does your mother do? 

Me : I told. 

Vo: I am sorry, I can't approved your visa

My second visa interview

They still gave me a 214b (lack of strong home ties) : no employment, no child, not married. I will have to choose a date for MAY and I will have to apply as employed . That's the only strong home tie I can work or should I still apply as unemployed?Some one said for fall admission I went too early. That I didn't obey the 120 day bracket ,that says I can only come for interview only within the 120 days bracket period to resumption.

This were the only questions I was asked. They asked where are you going to, how many schools you applied to, how many admits and rejects, why did you choose this school, how did you hear about the school, are you single....then he said you do not qualify for visa at this time.

My replies.
Where are you going to?
I am going to USA for my masters in civil engineering with a specialization in environmental engineering at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and also I will be work with Dr Daniel d gang on his research work that deals with the production of biogas from the anaerobic degradation of food wastes.

How many schools did you apply to?
I applied to 3: the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, old dominion university, and the university of South Carolina.

How many admits and rejects.
Old dominion university and the University of Louisiana at Lafayette both offered me admission ,and got a reject from the university of South Carolina.

Why did you choose this school?
I chose this school because I am interested in Dr Daniel d gang research that deals with the production of biogas from the anaerobic degradation of food wastes. The university has a research facility where the production of violas is been carried out by the use of food waste from the school cafeteria.

How did you hear about the school?

I heard about the school on usnews.com and after a Google extensive search.

Are you single?
Yes.

There said you do not qualify for a visa at this time..

boss, let’s link up. Am currently studying studying civil engineering. Will be graduating next year. I just sent you a pm
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mvem(m): 11:24pm On Feb 24, 2021
I just got admitted for a PhD ECE in Uni of Missouri-Columbia. No notification regarding Assistantship, they are telling me to upload financial document...Should i be patient for an Assistanship or how will i go about it regarding funding ? Thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 12:46am On Feb 25, 2021
Koskos95:
GoodEvening.
Please I need help regarding 214b reason for denial. I was delayed in November last year and February 2021 for 214b reason. Please how can I overturn this decision from the embassy in my next interview.

How can I amend it?
In my previous ds160 ,I filled that I have a relative in USA, and she would be paying for my trip. Also, I filled I was unemployed. I really thought the process was about sincerity.

Please how can I go about filling a new ds160 considering all this?

It is about sincerity... the problem is you have many ahead of you who didn't play by the rules, making it more difficult for you. I don't know how old you are... but wondering if that played a role. Being unemployed could be viewed as a negative indicator of you ever returning. Get a job, lie low for a few months then try again.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 12:52am On Feb 25, 2021
lifeofgolden1:
Because of the pandemic, I can't go to the US embassy until 120 days before my resumption date. This rule was activated by the consular service providers in other to limit the crowd at the embassy and also protect themselves.
While contemplating this, a friend of mine introduced me to a Pathway program offered by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It is an educational program that prepares you for admission into Brigham Young University. I have successfully completed the Pathway program, gotten admission into Brigham Young University, and currently in my second semester.
I can't afford to stay idle so I embraced the idea and I am schooling with them right away online. But, I want to transfer my credit to Idaho State University before my interview proper. If I should transfer my credit, will I cease been a student of BYU-Idaho immediately? or is there something I don't understand here? The reason I am asking this question is that I don't want to be stranded if my Visa application is been delayed again. I should still have something to lean to academically.
I am sorry for the long text.
Your kind response will be greatly appreciated.

Yes. Why don't you apply for a visa first then transfer credits once you get here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.