Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1645535 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JavanElsevier41: 7:20pm On Aug 15, 2021
Dayoaf:

Abeg oooh somebody
For my 2 year master degree program in xxxx at xxxx university, I will be offering a minimum of x credits which includes x core courses as well as x elective courses, with courses which include xxxxx, xxxx, xxxx and xxxx. I will also be taking part in the departmental seminar and conclude the program with a thesis.
U can continue to talk about ur thesis at this point if the VO doesn't cut in.
My thesis will be in xxxxxx where I will be xxxxxx

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Teecee18th: 7:27pm On Aug 15, 2021
psychologyshuby:
Since you are so sure of everything so why come here for peoples opinion ? Because to me you not ready to learn or take advice. So if berea college says they don’t require SAT for admission , fine and good... but trust me they would pick people who have nice SAT scores than pick you.

Kind regards.

Lol.. I asked because I wasn't sure, and the girl that got admitted in this forum posted on her YouTube channel that she used just ielts and waec gpa, and another used just toefl and gpa( from Kenya), and since when did it become a crime to ask questions... And it's like you haven't read my previous comments, I have decided to take the sat exam, and as I have made clear time without number, I had my reasons for not wanting to take sat in the first place, so take your time to go through my previous comments before being rude
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Teecee18th: 7:49pm On Aug 15, 2021
Malone122:
joker seems you don’t know what you are talking about because I don’t know when USA started giving full funding with just waec which is not even straight As but since you have this information already I wish you Goodluck

Lol.. I'm a joker??.. you are the joker, do you think I just assume things and not do my research first??.. Berea college is test optional (it's not a must to take sat) and my score was almost the same as the Kenya girl's own when converted to us gpa and she got in without sat, and even if you don't take sat all admitted students financial needs are met, and for the last time, I have decided to take sat (to assist my gpa), I joined this forum because I needed advice and different people's view on the issue, but most of the replies have been insulting, and seriously, can't some of you advice someone without insulting the person, so dear pls do your research and gain more knowledge before coming online to write what you feel like

See for urself

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Teecee18th: 7:52pm On Aug 15, 2021
Antisocial1:

Filling just the ones who share the same surname with you will do, and immediate siblings (Sister, father , mother) not Uncles

Okay, thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kenwizy(m): 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2021
Hello guys,

Please I need a response to this requestion ..

My sis in UK is funding my program but she's married and now bearing different surnaame..
Hope that's not a problem...?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by statemanui(m): 8:41pm On Aug 15, 2021
[quote author=Nicolars post=104812483]

Thanks for this. I’m always scared because I have 3 immediate family members in the US (Dad and 2 siblings)
When I begin my application, my brother who is in the US will be my sponsor and I usually feel that would be a minus to my application [/quot
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 9:22pm On Aug 15, 2021
I have applied for emergency but the “emergency request” portal is still showing on my dashboard, please what does this mean?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Maggie44(f): 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2021
Yes, you can get admitted. Especially if you have at least two years experience in your area of interest. If you have graduated that long.

hitan:
Please guys I would like to know if I can get admitted to a university in the United States with a 2.2 Nigerian degree

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chyjoey(m): 11:02pm On Aug 15, 2021
Who has any information about the cheapest COVID19 test lab at Abuja, and the typical turn around time to results?

Thanks in advance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Daddylincz: 11:14pm On Aug 15, 2021
Please I’ve been trying to login to my cgi page but it’s showing invalid username or password, I even selected the “New Password” option and it showed “a new password has been sent to your mail” but there’s no message like that in my email even checked junk & spam mails, I’ve tried this for days now but same result and this is the exact email I used as my username, please any advice on what to do
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 12:34am On Aug 16, 2021
Daddylincz:
Please I’ve been trying to login to my cgi page but it’s showing invalid username or password, I even selected the “New Password” option and it showed “a new password has been sent to your mail” but there’s no message like that in my email even checked junk & spam mails, I’ve tried this for days now but same result and this is the exact email I used as my username, please any advice on what to do
Mail or call them and tell them you wonna you have username and password issue they will ask for a new and on used email address and passport number they will rectify it for you and give you a temporary password
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ayangbade99: 12:41am On Aug 16, 2021
Thank You so much.
blesziano:
No, i did not.

I cancelled my Lagos appointment and requested for an emergency appointment in Abuja.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by FreshmaninUS: 1:58am On Aug 16, 2021
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chigozieduru: 2:23am On Aug 16, 2021
FreshmaninUS:
I am a freshman going for my visa interview. I have undeclared major, which is on my I-20 as Liberal Arts and Science/ Liberal Studies.
What should be my answer to these questions;
1. What course are you going for?
2. Why did you select this course?
3. What is the course structure & contents?
4. What is the scope of your course?
5. What benefit will bring this course to you?

Thank you.

Hmm curious why did you apply for an uncleared major in the first place? You are the best person to know what the benefit of a particular course would be and why you selected it. What would the course do for you in the long run? If you were given liberal arts and science because of grade/academic deficit from high school you can explain to the VO and mention that once you fulfill the school's requirement you'd be able to declare a major. The course structure and contents should be on the school website so peruse that.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chigozieduru: 2:27am On Aug 16, 2021
Eaglewings2020:
Hello, if I couldn't get a suitable date for my emergency appointment can I pick the one available and request for another emergency appointment? please what is the procedure?

Hi. No you don't have the option of requesting for another emergency appointment once you've selected a date already. You can only request EA once per application unless you cancel your pending request then change to another location e.g. Lagos to Abuja or pay another MRV fee.

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-main-terms-conditions.asp#emergency-appointments
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by statemanui(m): 2:52am On Aug 16, 2021
Hyfeseyi:
VISA APPROVAL TESTIMONY
No Funding
No GRE
One admission in the US

On the 10th of June 2021 I was denied US visa at the Lagos embassy. I couldn’t say the exact reason why i was denied. This was my first attempt.
I was so frustrated and I left the embassy in pains.
When I got home I paid for another visa fee and started looking for date. I didn’t see date in Lagos so i moved my search to Abuja. I saw October 24th in Abuja, I picked it and applied for Expedited appointment, it was approved within 24 hours and I got a new date for 9th of August, 2021.
On the 8th of August I got to Abuja via Arik Airline and lodged at St. Matthias Hotel.
My interview date (9th of August) came and I went to the embassy. I was interviewed by a slim white lady with blonde hair.
See my transcript below :

V.O : you are going to **** for masters in computer science
Me : yes please with focus on Information security.
V.O : what do you do currently?
Me : I explained
V.O : what will you do after the degree?
V.O : who’s your sponsor ?
Me : My Maternal uncle. He works as a Business project manager in New Jersey
(V.o cuts in )
V.O : but during your last interview you said Cousin
Me : (I was already shaking) I can’t remember maybe that was a misrepresentation but my sponsor is my mummy’s brother that’s my maternal uncle
V.O : typing….. she looked at me and said he lives and works in New Jersey
Me: Yes
AND THE VO GAVE ME WHITE PAPER…….
I bursted into joy ……God showed up for me. To say I was denied 2 months earlier. I’m grateful I didn’t give up.
This is to encourage everyone here to keep pushing and I want to advise that not everything you read online is correct information, if I asked people they will say don’t reapply immediately after first denial, some will say if you have family abroad don’t fill it on your Ds160. My elder sister is a US CITIZEN and I filled in her details and my sponsor lives in New Jersey.
Don’t listen to people, fill your ds160 truthfully.
God will always show up, he makes all things beautiful in his own time.
See you in America ��. To God Alone be all the glory �.

Congratulations mate.
I tap into this grace.
People will also praise God on my behalf this year's fall in Jesus name amen.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bobority: 4:33am On Aug 16, 2021
Has anyone applied or know anyone who has applied for concurrent EB2 NIW recently or has been approved? TIA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Friedpotato: 5:20am On Aug 16, 2021
Hyfeseyi:
VISA APPROVAL TESTIMONY
No Funding
No GRE
One admission in the US

On the 10th of June 2021 I was denied US visa at the Lagos embassy. I couldn’t say the exact reason why i was denied. This was my first attempt.
I was so frustrated and I left the embassy in pains.
When I got home I paid for another visa fee and started looking for date. I didn’t see date in Lagos so i moved my search to Abuja. I saw October 24th in Abuja, I picked it and applied for Expedited appointment, it was approved within 24 hours and I got a new date for 9th of August, 2021.
On the 8th of August I got to Abuja via Arik Airline and lodged at St. Matthias Hotel.
My interview date (9th of August) came and I went to the embassy. I was interviewed by a slim white lady with blonde hair.
See my transcript below :

V.O : you are going to **** for masters in computer science
Me : yes please with focus on Information security.
V.O : what do you do currently?
V.O : what will you do after the degree?
V.O : who’s your sponsor ?
Me : My Maternal uncle. He works as a Business project manager in New Jersey
(V.o cuts in )
V.O : but during your last interview you said Cousin
Me : (I was already shaking) I can’t remember maybe that was a misrepresentation but my sponsor is my mummy’s brother that’s my maternal uncle
V.O : typing….. she looked at me and said he lives and works in New Jersey
Me: Yes
AND THE VO GAVE ME WHITE PAPER…….
I bursted into joy ……God showed up for me. To say I was denied 2 months earlier. I’m grateful I didn’t give up.
This is to encourage everyone here to keep pushing and I want to advise that not everything you read online is correct information, if I asked people they will say don’t reapply immediately after first denial, some will say if you have family abroad don’t fill it on your Ds160. My elder sister is a US CITIZEN and I filled in her details and my sponsor lives in New Jersey.
Don’t listen to people, fill your ds160 truthfully.
God will always show up, he makes all things beautiful in his own time.
See you in America ��. To God Alone be all the glory �.
Congratulations brother
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Antisocial1: 5:27am On Aug 16, 2021
Magnito24:
Photo did not upload on ds160 form. will that be a problem at the embassy?

Yes, it’s a big problem. You’d be turned back and asked to reschedule, and considering the difficulty of getting interview dates.
Take the passport photo (2 x 2 inches) then scan it and use an editor to crop until the ds-160 accepts it

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SAMUELPJ: 6:03am On Aug 16, 2021
Passport Status :
Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery I saw this on Friday, pls how long does it take to pick it up

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 6:35am On Aug 16, 2021
chigozieduru:

Hi. No you don't have the option of requesting for another emergency appointment once you've selected a date already. You can only request EA once per application unless you cancel your pending request then change to another location e.g. Lagos to Abuja or pay another MRV fee.

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-main-terms-conditions.asp#emergency-appointments
Hi, I submitted an emergency request and i got denied.

When i logged in, i noticed the “emergency request” option is showing again

What do you think please?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by owagbeba: 6:46am On Aug 16, 2021
Wapgod:
Good day guys.
I just recently completed a second class upper degree in information technology from a UK university.
I would like to get a 1 or 2 years master degree in the U.S.A.
How would i go about it?
I would appreciate if i am guided how to go about it.

A full scholarship master degree would be preferred if possible.

Regards

I think it will be a lot easier for you doing this from UK than Nigeria.

While on student visa in the UK, hope you got around Europe and improved the travel history on your passport?

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kaey10(m): 6:47am On Aug 16, 2021
Taciturnity:
Yeah, it was approved, applied and I got a new admission offer letter
Mine has been approved too bt I'm worried about the GTA i was given.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by owagbeba: 7:01am On Aug 16, 2021
Femotech123:

What best can I put my bro please advise me that was what have been doing since I graduated from high school I went to poly and learn a hand work Is the hand work I’m doing now at someone shop at Ikeja here i mean the computer repair
And two about my sponsor work shy the work no make sense ni ? It’s not easy to get shop in oshodi and other one at Ikeja and it’s a unisex saloon oo both barbing and hairdresser the other once in other state a located at city also which they have customers very well thou I don’t know how much they charge but there have a lot of customers the one in Ibadan is at palms mall ring road. Please what else can I say in those one with red please this is the second time of rewriting the transcript

Bro, you know there is a bit of luck/God factor/ VO mercy in this visa application process. I have seen terrible transcripts get visa, and very perfect transcripts denied.

However, we should err on the side of caution and perfect our application rather than solely rely on luck.

In your transcript you stated your sponsor is an estate developer. Please stick to that; it sounds better than “he has 5 salons.”

As for the period covering 2014 to date, you went a polytechnic, and currently working with an IT Company in Ikeja. Please NO SAY YOU DEY REPAIR LAPTOP FOR IKEJA!

Burnish the truth.... make it appear nice to hear.

Repackage the transcript and upload.

Let the other folks on here have a say too.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chigozieduru: 7:19am On Aug 16, 2021
Vahn:
Hi, I submitted an emergency request and i got denied.

When i logged in, i noticed the “emergency request” option is showing again

What do you think please?

Hi! Good morning. Did you attempt to click on the "emergency request" option that is still showing and what happened when you click on it? If it allows you maybe you can give it a shot.

Also, did you include SEVIS payment receipt, signed I-20, DS-160 confirmation page, current visa appt page, MRV fee proof, and a letter informing them of your school's resumption date and the urgency when you requested EA? I think you should reach out to your school's international office and inform them of the difficulty in getting a date. Then politely ask your DSO to draft a visa support letter addressed to the visa issuing officer at the embassy/consulate in Nigeria to grant you an earlier interview date. If you have any letter or funding proof from your graduate advisor (if applicable in your case) please include it too. When do you resume?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 7:29am On Aug 16, 2021
chigozieduru:

Hi! Good morning. Did you attempt to click on the "emergency request" option that is still showing and what happened when you click on it? If it allows you maybe you can give it a shot.

Also, did you include SEVIS payment receipt, signed I-20, DS-160 confirmation page, current visa appt page, MRV fee proof, and a letter informing them of your school's resumption date and the urgency when you requested EA? I think you should reach out to your school's international office and inform them of the difficulty in getting a date. Then politely ask your DSO to draft a visa support letter addressed to the visa issuing officer at the embassy/consulate in US to grant you an earlier interview date. If you have any letter or funding proof from your graduate advisor (if applicable in your case) please include it too. When do you resume?

Thank you ao much for your response, yes i have clucked on it and i have attached the screenshots below.

I included my ds160 and i20
Please whats a funding proof letter from a course advisor like? I have only been in contact with the admissions office in my department,i dont have a funding from my school.

My school resumes today.

Is visa support letter a thing? So they can email the embassy?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by eyinola: 7:58am On Aug 16, 2021
owagbeba:

Bro, you know there is a bit of luck/God factor/ VO mercy in this visa application process. I have seen terrible transcripts get visa, and very perfect transcripts denied.

However, we should err on the side of caution and perfect our application rather than solely rely on luck.

In your transcript you stated your sponsor is an estate developer. Please stick to that; it sounds better than “he has 5 salons.”

As for the period covering 2014 to date, you went a polytechnic, and currently working with an IT Company in Ikeja. Please NO SAY YOU DEY REPAIR LAPTOP FOR IKEJA!

Burnish the truth.... make it appear nice to hear.

Repackage the transcript and upload.

Let the other folks on here have a say too.
please do u think age is a barrier in applying for undergraduate degrees and for someone who finished poly(HND) since 2013

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AllureI: 9:11am On Aug 16, 2021
Download an App that can resize photos to meet the required specification. You can download "LitPhoto" from Google Play Store.

Magnito24:
Photo did not upload on ds160 form. will that be a problem at the embassy?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Teecee18th: 9:44am On Aug 16, 2021
Hi guys, I'm sincerely sorry for responding in that manner and apologize to the group especially @malone122 and @psychologyshuby and all those who felt offended by my response, I still submit to your candid advice when next I ask a question, and look forward to your advice in the future, thanks

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AydotNX: 10:35am On Aug 16, 2021
Good morning Friends.
My EA was approved and I have picked September 24 for appointment as earliest date. My program starts August 27.
1.Can I still travel after September 24 after VISA approval?
2. Wouldn't that raise an issue for VO especially the dates?
3. Should I defer and attend interview with new I-20 for spring if i-20 will be available by then?
Please what is the best option?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 10:38am On Aug 16, 2021
AydotNX:
Good morning Friends.
My EA was approved and I have picked September 24.

3. Should I defer and attend interview with new I-20 for spring if i-20 will be available by then?

Please what is the best option?

Option 3.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kenwizy(m): 10:44am On Aug 16, 2021
Hello guys,

This is urgent..

Please my interview is on Thursday and my sponsor just moved funds to buy goods from her foreign customers...but I still have her statement I printed to get my i20 around 22nd of illy last month...please can I take that to the embassy?.......if yes, would they verify the balance in the account

Urgent response please ....thank you all

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.