Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1645531 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 12:00pm On Sep 06, 2021
ladun27:
I just got an admission for January and there is no visa interview date till February
Should I defer the admission or is there another way to go about it?

Dear sister, did you just get it this week?

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jbaba821: 12:10pm On Sep 06, 2021
Are u for real.no dates...cos am yet to look out for dates because I got admit too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Alimi1(m): 12:13pm On Sep 06, 2021
Congratulations to you.. From what have been seeing people post here, keep on searching.

You never can tell, a date may pop up when you least expected. Another option is going via expedited visa appointment(which should be done 60 days to your program commencement).

Congratulations again, wish you the very best. Mind sharing name of grad sch?

ladun27:
I just got an admission for January and there is no visa interview date till February
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by anfanio: 12:36pm On Sep 06, 2021
Xavious227:
Can one use a passport with just 8 months validity for US visa. I know it’s known that a persons passport has to be 2 years to apply for F1 US visa, however i cannot renew my passport if it isn’t within 6 months of expiration. My date has been set. I’ll definitely do a new passport before i travel, but i just want to know if this will pose a problem to the consular officer

If it's known that a persons passport has to be 2 years valid to apply for F1 US visa, why are you going with 8 months validity? (just asking). There's nothing that says 2 years for ANY relevant country I know, however your passport must be AT LEAST 6 months valid when you step on the embassy grounds for interview.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by anfanio: 12:56pm On Sep 06, 2021
ladun27:
Pick the February date and request emergency appointment later (60 days to your program commencement)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by statemanui(m): 1:07pm On Sep 06, 2021
Hello guys,

Kindly recommend any pocket friendly hotel in Abuja that's close to the US consulate.

Thanks guys �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nicolars(m): 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2021
There’s a difference between leaving out your personal information and leaving out vital information that can help others.

I might not know about a school when I’m doing my research but while reading through a transcript here, the school could catch my eye and I get to research about it. That’s another way to help others.

Let’s endeavor to provide more information in our transcript please

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by anfanio: 1:52pm On Sep 06, 2021
Bond4141:
Hello my people. I don't know if not writing any test like GRE, GMAT, IELTS etc will be a red flag Wen I get to embassy.

The two schools I wanted to apply to waived GRE/GMAT and IELTS for me.

I dunno if I should still write any because of this Visa sh**. Abeg make Una no air me o, e dey very urgent

The School can waive GRE/GMAT etc but the visa officer can ask - " did you take any standardized test?" - "My school waived it" is not the answer.
Visa officers know schools waive these tests, I wouldn't take chances on that question. Good luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mikeayus(m): 2:01pm On Sep 06, 2021
Hello guys, please i need advise from experienced persons here, my international passport will be expiring by Nov 2022. I want to submit applications to schools for Sept 2022. Is it advisable I submit this soon to expire passport or do I have to renew it first before applying to schools? I just want to be on the safer side. will be awaiting your kind responses. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 2:08pm On Sep 06, 2021
BabsofAbj247:
Visa approved.

VO: What school are you going to?
Me: Stated the name of my school
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: Told him the schools I applied to
VO: What program are you going for?
Me: Stated my program (Masters)
VO: What do you intend to use the program for?
Me: Upon the completion of my program, I intend to come back to Nigeria to focus on at my company. In addition, I intend to use the knowledge obtained from my masters to improve my start-up.
VO: What do you do currently?
Me: Explained in detail the nature of my job and the companies I have worked with
VO: Wow
VO: How do you intend to fund the program, I can see you got some scholarship?
Me: I would be using my savings and MPOWER. In addition, my uncle would provide financial assistance.
VO: What does your uncle do:
Me: Told VO the companies my uncle own
VO: I would be approving your VISA blah blah blah

It is very important to know what you have on your DS-160 form. While I was talking about the things I do for my Company, the VO kept looking at the screen to verify what I said.

I hope this helps. Good luck. No it doesn't help anyone bro
This kind of transcript only portrays Selfishness, wickedness and insecurity, you don't want other Nigerians to get vital informations from your transcript, you might have as well kept it to yourself instead of coming here to embarrass yourself in the name of visa transcript, So this is what this thread has degenerated into? No thanks to folks who's been encouraging it, justify it anyhow y'all want but I won't reply you, congrats anyways, but you can do better

21 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tayetaiwo123: 2:10pm On Sep 06, 2021
[quote author=BabsofAbj247 post=105540241]Visa approved.

Me: Upon the completion of my program, I intend to come back to Nigeria to focus on at my company. In addition, I intend to use the knowledge obtained from my masters to improve my start-up.
Me: Explained in detail the nature of my job and the companies I have worked with
Me: I would be using my savings and MPOWER. In addition, my uncle would provide financial assistance.

It is very important to know what you have on your DS-160 form. While I was talking about the things I do for my Company, the VO kept looking at the screen to verify what I said.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

[Congratulations, was it Abuja or Lagos embassy? And you didn’t really drop a transcript.]

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SparkleU: 2:17pm On Sep 06, 2021
Congratulations on your Visa approval, a little more details would go a long way for others to learn from. On DS-160 form, who did you put as your sponsor, since it's a combination of MPower loan, personal savings and uncle?

BabsofAbj247:
Visa approved.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nicolars(m): 2:37pm On Sep 06, 2021
Information such as GRE score, funding, scholarships, grants, initial school fee, coa are important in our transcript. These are things that aid the VO to either approve or deny your application.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cheifnaira: 3:32pm On Sep 06, 2021
At this point he would careless but remember there are a lot of people here that has not even applied/ delayed or gotten visas but will first you in achieving the blue passport and there are people that has been there that you will still first as well. I am very happy you got your visa and God will open every other persons way that is trying but if you got an info from the platform that helped you achieve your dreams it’s also a good gesture if you reciprocate such kind gestures. But anyways at this point you would careless. Anyone reading this your blessings is on the way and good luck to guys going this week. Na only prayer, prayers, prayers and preparation they approve USA visa no be by documents cuz they fit no check.

16 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by walepepe21: 3:57pm On Sep 06, 2021
BabsofAbj247:
Visa approved.

It is even better not to have posted this unreasonable, unfathomable & Not Well-detailed Transcript to informed us that you got your Visa Approval as nothing to learn from this arrant nonsense post. Wicked, Crass Ignorance & Shameful character Among Nigerians !!!!

I am very sure you’re among those that will keep ranting about Nigeria Bad leadership on how they govern us of which what you displayed here not far from what they’re doing as well too. Keep off, Mtvhewwww

Many past transcripts here tutored & mentored us very well on how to prep for our visa interview of which I’m a prime beneficiary which I’m grateful for but you personally decided to resorts to been wicked and concealed infos which is sad and unfortunate. cool

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lagos1000: 4:03pm On Sep 06, 2021
BabsofAbj247:
Visa approved.

Ask yourself Oga , is this make sense to you? Idiot

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olusegun2029: 4:08pm On Sep 06, 2021
BabsofAbj247:
Visa approved.

Worst transcript I have ever read here in my life. This is arrant nonsense man.

12 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 4:20pm On Sep 06, 2021
Western Illinois Univeristy, anyone

Applied and awaiting the verdict.

Let's reason together, kindly inbox

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 4:21pm On Sep 06, 2021
walepepe21:

It is even better not to have posted this unreasonable, unfathomable & Not Well-detailed Transcript to informed us that you got your Visa Approval as nothing to learn from this arrant nonsense post. Wicked, Crass Ignorance & Shameful character Among Nigerians !!!!

I am very sure you’re among those that will keep ranting about Nigeria Bad leadership on how they govern us of which what you displayed here not far from what they’re doing as well too. Keep off, Mtvhewwww

Many past transcripts here tutored & mentored us very well on how to prep for our visa interview of which I’m a prime beneficiary which I’m grateful for but you personally decided to resorts to been wicked and concealed infos which is sad and unfortunate. cool

Thanks for taking him to the cleaners!!!!

It's the height of shamelessness and inhumaness!

You made my day!

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lanightdavido(m): 4:23pm On Sep 06, 2021
Bro. You can do better .This is not a transcript
BabsofAbj247:
Visa approved.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 4:25pm On Sep 06, 2021
Olusegun2029:

Worst transcript I have ever read here in my life. This is arrant nonsense man.

Yes! You're right, brother!!!

He thinks approval is the pinnacle of his success in life!

He's used others then burnt the bridge! He thinks the ladder to which he reached the top is no more useful!

Nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amenndmore: 4:40pm On Sep 06, 2021
I think so. It should be fine the validity is less than 6 months

Xavious227:
Can one use a passport with just 8 months validity for US visa. I know it’s known that a persons passport has to be 2 years to apply for F1 US visa, however i cannot renew my passport if it isn’t within 6 months of expiration. My date has been set. I’ll definitely do a new passport before i travel, but i just want to know if this will pose a problem to the consular officer
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nicolars(m): 5:58pm On Sep 06, 2021
Una one finish this person grin grin

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nozino: 6:03pm On Sep 06, 2021
Nicolars:
Una one finish this person grin grin

The guy deserves to be finished.

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cliffton: 6:28pm On Sep 06, 2021
I was about to write this same thing before I saw your comment. It's a pity seriously....

Illumined9933:
If others had provided you with this sort of non-detailed transcript, would you have been able to understand the dynamics of getting a visa approved?

Just a honest question I'd like you answer.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 6:32pm On Sep 06, 2021
Nozino:

The guy deserves to be finished.

Aswear! We go drag him like tiger gen!!!!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MiamiePizza(m): 6:54pm On Sep 06, 2021
If everybody dey post transcript like this, the thread for don die

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by calculator123(m): 7:39pm On Sep 06, 2021
jermer25:
PLEASE who can help me review my SOP? please, I'm preparing for fall '22
I can share with me
eulerciva@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by calculator123(m): 7:45pm On Sep 06, 2021
BabsofAbj247:
Visa approved.

If everyone posted a transcript like this, how would others learn?

I would have preferred you didn't post at all sef

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by KCVLB: 8:29pm On Sep 06, 2021
Good day everyone, I need advise and inputs.

Was denied in July for my f1 visa, couldnt find a closer date to reapply so I deferred to spring 2022.

Now I just got a new admission with a new school, same course, but this new school is cheaper in terms of COA.

The first school COA is about 47k, this new school COA is about 27k. Both didnt give Assistanship.

Is it a good idea to switch schools, is that seen as a red flag?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sogba1145: 8:36pm On Sep 06, 2021
Hello everyone in the house, I want to ask a question about funding for PhD stem.Do graduate schools offer funding for all stem programs?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UAVdrones: 9:15pm On Sep 06, 2021
I don't think it's a red flag. You already have a good reason to switch schools. Explain your it to the VO. If you have a sponsor that can cover your COA, you are good to go. If you are not in a hurry, look out for schools that can give you funding, reduce your family contribution, or can give you GA. It'll place you in a better spot.
KCVLB:
Good day everyone, I need advise and inputs.

Was denied in July for my f1 visa, couldnt find a closer date to reapply so I deferred to spring 2022.

Now I just got a new admission with a new school, same course, but this new school is cheaper in terms of COA.

The first school COA is about 47k, this new school COA is about 27k. Both didnt give Assistanship.

Is it a good idea to switch schools, is that seen as a red flag?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.