Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1645665 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 10:11pm On Sep 06, 2021
BabsofAbj247:
Visa approved.

VO: What school are you going to?
Me: Stated the name of my school
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: Told him the schools I applied to
VO: What program are you going for?
Me: Stated my program (Masters)
VO: What do you intend to use the program for?
Me: Upon the completion of my program, I intend to come back to Nigeria to focus on at my company. In addition, I intend to use the knowledge obtained from my masters to improve my start-up.
VO: What do you do currently?
Me: Explained in detail the nature of my job and the companies I have worked with
VO: Wow
VO: How do you intend to fund the program, I can see you got some scholarship?
Me: I would be using my savings and MPOWER. In addition, my uncle would provide financial assistance.
VO: What does your uncle do:
Me: Told VO the companies my uncle own
VO: I would be approving your VISA blah blah blah

It is very important to know what you have on your DS-160 form. While I was talking about the things I do for my Company, the VO kept looking at the screen to verify what I said.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Iru Transcript agbako wo re grin

15 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by FOF4u: 10:28pm On Sep 06, 2021
Good day all

@Jonesdozi and others with USA experienced kindly help a brother.

Please am new here

I am a graduate of E/E/Engr ( 2.2 ) 2009.
since February 2011 after my nysc i had be on my own ( self-employed ) but now I want to apply for masters in USA probably in same course or any related field. Please advise on the process and also how i can search for school that is not much expensive. I don't have anyone abroad. Lastly, is it possible for the interview officer to believe I'm sponsoring myself or must someone stand for me?

@Jonesdozi please drop your email, lemme mail you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 10:53pm On Sep 06, 2021
Helkayklassic:

Iru Transcript agbako wo re grin

Ahun omo kan lo ko sibe!!!!

Oun se ahun information! Lol

Stingy guy!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Korede451(m): 10:56pm On Sep 06, 2021
Xavious227:
Please i need advice. On my ds-160 form i put in Lagos as intended place for my interview, however i couldn’t find a suitable date in Lagos. I was able to find one in abuja though. I emailed them and and they said i can still use the DS-160 form, but i might have some delays. So should i just do a new ds-160 form to get a new confirmation code or i should stick with this one ?

Please how can I get my DS-160
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by FOF4u: 11:24pm On Sep 06, 2021
Erudite77:

Ahun omo kan lo ko sibe!!!!

Oun se ahun information! Lol

Stingy guy!
@Erudite77
Good evening sir
Please check your email, I sent you message

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jonesdozi(m): 2:55am On Sep 07, 2021
Jonesdozisblog@gmail.com
FOF4u:
Good day all

Please am new here

since February 2011 after my nysc i had be on my own ( self-employed ) but now I want to apply for masters in USA probably in same course or any related field. Please advise on the process and also how i can search for school that is not much expensive. I don't have anyone abroad. Lastly, is it possible for the interview officer to believe I'm sponsoring myself or must someone stand for me?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by malory84: 2:57am On Sep 07, 2021
Goddy001:

Princecharlotte1@gmail.com

dim.vivian@yahoo.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jonesdozi(m): 2:59am On Sep 07, 2021
Email Jonesdozisblog@gmail.com
Elcarter5:
please I need your help as I was denied on the 13th
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jonesdozi(m): 3:03am On Sep 07, 2021
Please send me an email Jonesdozisblog@gmail.com
AnamegeNzube95:

I sent u an email, i will need to know how best to state what my sponsor does
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jonesdozi(m): 3:24am On Sep 07, 2021
You can send me an email
Radekeh:
Good afternoon,
Please my interview is coming up in December, I'm a Library and Information Science graduate and I've been admitted to study Social Work for my masters. Please I need someone to help me with mock interviews
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jonesdozi(m): 3:27am On Sep 07, 2021
You're good to go.. Please don't forget to pray
Samongo:
Good day everyone.
Guys, I will be going for my interview tomorrow, pls any other suggestions on this?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jonesdozi(m): 3:29am On Sep 07, 2021
You can continue the process then apply for Emergency within 60days of your resumption
ladun27:
I just got an admission for January and there is no visa interview date till February
Should I defer the admission or is there another way to go about it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jonesdozi(m): 3:34am On Sep 07, 2021
Yes you need to renew .. You need at least 6months validity before going for visa
mikeayus:
Hello guys, please i need advise from experienced persons here, my international passport will be expiring by Nov 2022. I want to submit applications to schools for Sept 2022. Is it advisable I submit this soon to expire passport or do I have to renew it first before applying to schools? I just want to be on the safer side. will be awaiting your kind responses. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tulacious123: 6:02am On Sep 07, 2021
Good morning all.Please I need help with IELTS study materials .Its urgent please.

kejuempower@gmail.com Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by neurosci: 6:55am On Sep 07, 2021
Anyone knows what the earliest visa appointment date for spring 2022 currently is? I'm trying to schedule a visa interview asap, hope I'm not too late?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aremu01(m): 7:03am On Sep 07, 2021
House please I have a question.

I plan processing my school for September 2022. Do I need passport and visa for my 4 months old kid who will be 1 year and 5 months then?

Also, I am going for a graduate assistant program. Do I need to worry about funding, sponsors and others while preparing for interview?

Thanks all
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 07, 2021
FOF4u:
Good day all

Please am new here

You can start by checking various schools' requirements through their websites online, then work towards getting those requirements. I'd advise you also read the previous pages on this thread. I'm sure this thread has a lot, if not all we need.

Success to us.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JaySterling: 9:39am On Sep 07, 2021
BabsofAbj247:
Visa approved.

VO: What school are you going to?
Me: Stated the name of my school
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: Told him the schools I applied to
VO: What program are you going for?
Me: Stated my program (Masters)
VO: What do you intend to use the program for?
Me: Upon the completion of my program, I intend to come back to Nigeria to focus on at my company. In addition, I intend to use the knowledge obtained from my masters to improve my start-up.
VO: What do you do currently?
Me: Explained in detail the nature of my job and the companies I have worked with
VO: Wow
VO: How do you intend to fund the program, I can see you got some scholarship?
Me: I would be using my savings and MPOWER. In addition, my uncle would provide financial assistance.
VO: What does your uncle do:
Me: Told VO the companies my uncle own
VO: I would be approving your VISA blah blah blah

It is very important to know what you have on your DS-160 form. While I was talking about the things I do for my Company, the VO kept looking at the screen to verify what I said.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Next time don’t post transcripts if you won’t post any helpful or relevant information

Na ur type dem dey turn back for port of entry

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 9:46am On Sep 07, 2021
JaySterling:

Next time don’t post transcripts if you won’t post any helpful or relevant information

grin grin grin E never reach like that boss grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JaySterling: 9:54am On Sep 07, 2021
emmanuelle27:
grin grin grin E never reach like that boss grin grin grin
They come to this thread and get helpful Information to secure the US visa

But once they secure it, they are now stingy with information and don’t want others to benefit

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bayocanny: 10:00am On Sep 07, 2021
ItzBenita:
hello great minds. I am looking for affordable us schools that offer courses in political science, politcal economy and politcal data analysis. Kindly assist with suggestions as I intend applying for fall 2022. I also want to know if I can be considered for funding or student assistantship my CGPA is 2.98/4.0
Political science is a program not a course.
Political economy is a concentration under Political science, same as Political data analysis.
Be specific, are you looking for Political science program with a concentration in Political economy and data analysis?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bayocanny: 10:04am On Sep 07, 2021
Muleriders:

Quick question. What is your post graduate plan and what do you intend to achieve with masters in Pol science?. It's not an on-demand career path both in Buhari-land and biden-land
Stop it. Who told you is not an on-demand career path? Maybe under Buhar-land, not in the west.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bayocanny: 10:14am On Sep 07, 2021
Nicolars:
There’s a difference between leaving out your personal information and leaving out vital information that can help others.

I might not know about a school when I’m doing my research but while reading through a transcript here, the school could catch my eye and I get to research about it. That’s another way to help others.

Let’s endeavor to provide more information in our transcript please

That's Nigerians for you. Reason why the Indians and Chinese are better, they are communal in nature. They don't hide, they try to provide every valuable information within their disposal to newbies.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 10:19am On Sep 07, 2021
JaySterling:

You don kuku scatter the table we don dey manage!

Lol

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Muleriders: 11:45am On Sep 07, 2021
calculator123:

Which school?

Southern Arkansas University,

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by 123456789ww(m): 11:53am On Sep 07, 2021
Hello everyone, please I need someone to do mock interviews with me, my interview is next month. And it’s approaching Please guys. @ Walspring @Fairheart. @ Moshkom. Anyone.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by calculator123(m): 12:12pm On Sep 07, 2021
Muleriders:

Tha is boss
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by calculator123(m): 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2021
Muleriders:

Thanks boss. Was it fully funded?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2021
Visa delay this morning �
Abuja
Coa $31k
No funding
Course: social work
Bachelor degree
School: KSU

VO: You are going for bachelor degree in social work
Me: yes that’s correct
VO: when did you finish high school
Me :2014
VO: what have you been doing
Me: After my high school I went for (bachelor degree) I made mistakes quickly said I went for a diploma course in local government and development studies at The polytechnic IBD and I did a one year industrial training base on the course and later join an NGO wanted to mention the name but she cut in
VO: have you went for a bachelor degree before
Me : No
VO: what will you do after this degree
Me : I intend to come back to Nigeria to work will government/private intuition to improve the well being of vulnerable Nigeria I pause and I continue according to WHO she cut in again
VO: who is sponsoring you
Me : my brother
V0: what does he do
Me : he is a real estate developer he buy and sells land and lease land for commercial purposes
VO : sorry you aren’t qualified for this visa try again
Please help me what have I said wrong or what did I supposed to say.. pls guru I this thread help me with your correction, suggestion.
Note :my school resume January spring 2022
I’m reapplying. Pls what should I work on Incase of next time.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 1:57pm On Sep 07, 2021
Femotech123:
Visa delay this morning �
Abuja
Coa $31k
No funding
Course: social work
Bachelor degree
School: KSU

VO: You are going for bachelor degree in social work
Me: yes that’s correct
VO: when did you finish high school
Me :2014
VO: what have you been doing
Me: After my high school I went for (bachelor degree) I made mistakes quickly said I went for a diploma course in local government and development studies at The polytechnic IBD and I did a one year industrial training base on the course and later join an NGO wanted to mention the name but she cut in
VO: have you went for a bachelor degree before
Me : No
VO: what will you do after this degree
Me : I intend to come back to Nigeria to work will government/private intuition to improve the well being of vulnerable Nigeria I pause and I continue according to WHO she cut in again
VO: who is sponsoring you
Me : my brother
V0: what does he do
Me : he is a real estate developer he buy and sells land and lease land for commercial purposes
VO : sorry you aren’t qualified for this visa try again
Please help me what have I said wrong or what did I supposed to say.. pls guru I this thread help me with your correction, suggestion.
Note :my school resume January spring 2022
I’m reapplying. Pls what should I work on Incase of next time.
just an observation, might not be the cause of your denial but let me just say it, I think you should be focusing on what the program will do for you when you're done not how you want to improve the life of Nigerians, na NGO u de run?? they know our system will not even give you the opportunity to improve it even if you really want to do that, so focus on how the program will benefit you next time, all of us know say all these shalaye about impacting Nigerians na lie grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nues012(m): 2:36pm On Sep 07, 2021
JaySterling:

Hmnnn I noticed too, he didn’t tell us his precise job so as to know the correlation, anyways we appreciate the effort.
Is it possible to get visa and still be turned back at port of entry?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JaySterling: 2:38pm On Sep 07, 2021
nues012:

Hmnnn I noticed too, he didn’t tell us his precise job so as to know the correlation, anyways we appreciate the effort.
Is it possible to get visa and still be turned back at port of entry?
Yes, people get turned back. It happens

Search for a thread on this forum

“Share your USA port of entry (POE) stories”

And you can see some instances

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.