Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (478) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1639664 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nues012(m): 2:44pm On Sep 07, 2021
anfanio:

The School can waive GRE/GMAT etc but the visa officer can ask - " did you take any standardized test?" - "My school waived it" is not the answer.
Visa officers know schools waive these tests, I wouldn't take chances on that question. Good luck

It’s not a red light at all

Say it was waived because of your excellent academic profile(articulated sop)

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kelex062: 3:16pm On Sep 07, 2021
Abuja
COA $32k
Funding $9k
Course: Computer Science
Bachelors Degree
School: MSU(Morgan)

VO: You are going for a bachelors degree in Computer and Information Science (What was writen on my I 20)
ME: (Corrected her) Computer Science
VO: When did you finish high school.
ME: 2018
VO: You are currently attending The University of Port Harcourt (It was on my ds-160).
ME: (She had to ask about 3 times before I could hear her properly) Yes
VO: So what year are you currently in?
ME: Yr 2
VO: Who is your sponsor?
ME: My brother-in-law
VO: Your sister's husband?
ME: Yes
VO: What does he do?
ME: He owns a car dealership and(vo cuts in)
VO: What does your father do?
ME: He is an electrical engineer working with (company name)
VO: What does your mother do?
ME: She owns a small retail business.
VO: Starts typing... (omo as she start to dey type like that I just know say in don be)
VO: sorry you aren’t qualified for this visa try again
ME: Thank you (I no no come from my mind at all, lol)

Note: I am currently studying Mechanical Engineering at the university, which is not what I wanted to study. I just opted for it because I was told that Computer Science (which I actuallly wanted to study) was trash in Nigeria, and I should go for a course that I would be able to get a good job with the degree here in Nigeria (I was naive then so I just gave in).

Please guys I need help with corrections. Any and every suggestion is appreciated, Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ray2018: 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2021
Please I had my interview on Thursday in ABUJA but I am yet to get an update on my passport. Also my application portal does not show nay update on the visa. Please how many days does it take to have your visa delivered to DHL Lagos?

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gracilicutes: 3:31pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ray2018:
Please I had my interview on Thursday in ABUJA but I am yet to get an update on my passport. Also my application portal does not show nay update on the visa. Please how many days does it take to have your visa delivered to DHL Lagos?

Thanks
did u post ur transcript?

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by anfanio: 3:33pm On Sep 07, 2021
nues012:

It’s not a red light at all

Say it was waived because of your excellent academic profile(articulated sop)

If the question was "why didn't you take any standardized test?" Your answer would have been perfect. Remember the embassy is the gateway to the school/USA and I'm not suggesting pass the test, am saying do the test (however anything worth doing at all is worth doing well).

Question - Did you take any standardized test?
Answer - YES or NO (PERIOD)

Please! please!! please!!! Listen carefully to the question and don't give a predetermined answer. Good luck

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by caroline2120(f): 4:05pm On Sep 07, 2021
Please I need guide on writing my SOP
proposed university : Washington University
Program: Graduate
Course: PHD in Computer Science

thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 4:20pm On Sep 07, 2021
[quote author=caroline2120 post=105582426]Please I need guide on writing my SOP
Course:

See these videos on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr1OXIS8cjY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8oJ4lK0Mr4
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hazealll: 4:46pm On Sep 07, 2021
Good evening guys. I'm just applying for fall 2022 for different schools in USA. I don't know if there's a whatsapp group that I can join that can also help out

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UAVdrones: 5:01pm On Sep 07, 2021
You didn't post your transcript. Have you in anyway contributed to this thread? Now, you want your questions answered by those who are compassionate and not self-centered like you. You can keep your transcript to yourself.
Ray2018:

Thanks

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 5:18pm On Sep 07, 2021
UAVdrones:
You didn't post your transcript. Have you in anyway contributed to this thread? Now, you want your questions answered by those who are compassionate and not self-centered like you. You can keep your transcript to yourself.

God bless you!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dayoaf: 5:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hey guys any insight on how to go about getting a GTA or funding??
Any input would be greatly appreciated
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2021
There's something I find 'funny' here.

Imagine when someone who needs one's assistance asks one to reach him on his email. You mean someone helping you should be the one to reach out to you? O wrong na.

Expecting that is like waiting for the Nigerian Airways flight to fly you from Nigeria to London. Where would you get that from?

If you need someone's assistance, send a PM. Nairaland would communicate to him via his email. If he decides to help, he'll reply to your email for further correspondence.

The better we communicate, the more we see helpers.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Christabeliciou: 5:50pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hello, pls if you don't mind, does one need to cancel the first ds160 filled before you can fill another one, or you just go straight and fill a new ds160 then update the application I'd in the appointment portal and print out, so dat d application I'd corresponds with d new ds160 you filled. Thanks pls

customised87:

If any information has changed, fill a new DS160 form and update it. Nobody can say what your chances are until you try plus it’s been long anyone came on here to discuss using conference to get US visa. I wish you all the best
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 5:52pm On Sep 07, 2021
emmanuelle27:
just an observation, might not be the cause of your denial but let me just say it, I think you should be focusing on what the program will do for you when you're done not how you want to improve the life of Nigerians, na NGO u de run?? they know our system will not even give you the opportunity to improve it even if you really want to do that, so focus on how the program will benefit you next time, all of us know say all these shalaye about impacting Nigerians na lie grin grin grin
I don’t run NGO... I’m a member In the nGo as membership coordinator. Thanks for your contribution
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mandex11: 5:59pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hello house good evening ❤️. Please who's writing TOEFL exam this month?

And please where's the registration center in Lagos.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2021
Mandex11:
Hello house good evening ❤️. Please who's writing TOEFL exam this month?

And please where's the registration center in Lagos.
Thanks
Go to ETS website and serch for TOEFL exam centers near you, for the registration, you can be registered from anywhere, I do it at 60k(A bit Subsidized), there may be cheaper people though ask of Walspring too, unless u can't prep on your own and you want the centers to help prep you then you can check Google for the various registration and prep centers, but then the price will go up. Best.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mandex11: 7:32pm On Sep 07, 2021
Please am being asked by my school what visa category an I going for.
Please � gurus in the house is f1 right?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by aurelosiberu: 7:36pm On Sep 07, 2021
Abuja
COA $29k
Funding $9k
Course: Environmental Engineering
MSc
School: Texas A&M

VO: Have you travelled before?
ME: No, I haven't
VO: Place your hand on the scanner
VO: What do you currently do?
ME: I'm an Environmental Engineer at xxxx where my job roles includes
i. waste treatment.
.......(and so on)
VO: Who is covering your deficit?
ME: My uncle, he is a civil engineer and he owns his construction company which he has been operating for over 30 years.
VO: Do you have family in USA
ME: No, I have no immediate family in US
VO: Where does your sponsor lives?
ME: Bleep, Nigeria
ME: OMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note: My sponsor has 2 kids in US, one is having his masters and the 2nd is a PR

Please guys I need help with corrections. Any and every suggestion is appreciated as I will be applying again, Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by degxyflexy: 7:40pm On Sep 07, 2021
PhD position at West Virginia University

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by decide: 7:49pm On Sep 07, 2021
Mandex11:
Please am being asked by my school what visa category an I going for.
Please � gurus in the house is f1 right?

Yes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 07, 2021
Femotech123:
Visa delay this morning �
Abuja
Coa $31k
No funding
Course: social work
Bachelor degree
School: KSU

VO: You are going for bachelor degree in social work
Me: yes that’s correct
VO: when did you finish high school
Me :2014
VO: what have you been doing
Me: After my high school I went for (bachelor degree) I made mistakes quickly said I went for a diploma course in local government and development studies at The polytechnic IBD and I did a one year industrial training base on the course and later join an NGO wanted to mention the name but she cut in
VO: have you went for a bachelor degree before
Me : No
VO: what will you do after this degree
Me : I intend to come back to Nigeria to work will government/private intuition to improve the well being of vulnerable Nigeria I pause and I continue according to WHO she cut in again
VO: who is sponsoring you
Me : my brother
V0: what does he do
Me : he is a real estate developer he buy and sells land and lease land for commercial purposes
VO : sorry you aren’t qualified for this visa try again
Please help me what have I said wrong or what did I supposed to say.. pls guru I this thread help me with your correction, suggestion.
Note :my school resume January spring 2022
I’m reapplying. Pls what should I work on Incase of next time.

Though very inexperienced, but from the little I have seen and read hear, I think you need more convincing lines for the educational gap. I.e. what you've been doing since after high school. For me ooo, the NGO and IBD part isn't catchy enough.

Success when you try again, bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kelex062: 8:39pm On Sep 07, 2021
Christabeliciou:

Hello, pls if you don't mind, does one need to cancel the first ds160 filled before you can fill another one, or you just go straight and fill a new ds160 then update the application I'd in the appointment portal and print out, so dat d application I'd corresponds with d new ds160 you filled. Thanks pls

Just retrive the old ds-160 you have already submitted, you would see two options to chose from either "Go to confirmation page" or "Create a new application". Click on create a new application (Take note of the new confirmation number). You can then change whatever information you want to change. (Using this method you don't have to start the application all over, as most of the information you filled are retrieved)

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Linccoln(m): 8:46pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hello House,

Please what's the possibility of getting a September date if I pay for another visa fee. The date I currently have now is in November (Abuja). I've commenced receiving lectures online for Fall, but I need to travel earlier for my assistanship duties. thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kunlevski003(m): 9:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
aurelosiberu:
Abuja
COA $29k
Funding $9k
Course: Environmental Engineering
MSc
School: Texas A&M

VO: Have you travelled before?
ME: No, I haven't
VO: Place your hand on the scanner
VO: What do you currently do?
ME: I'm an Environmental Engineer at xxxx where my job roles includes
i. waste collection and treatment.
.......(and so on)
VO: Who is covering your deficit?
ME: My uncle, he is a civil engineer and he owns his construction company which he has been operating for over 30 years.
VO: Do you have family in USA
ME: No, I have no immediate family in US
VO: Where does your sponsor lives?
ME: Bleep, Nigeria
ME: OMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note: My sponsor has 2 kids in US, one is having his masters and the 2nd is a PR

Please guys I need help with corrections. Any and every suggestion is appreciated as I will be applying again, Thank you

I think it's obvious the issue is with your sponsor. He has a child who is currently on a Master's in the US. The VO is possibly looking at his ability to fund yours with his son's. The son might also have used him as a sponsor too. That's how I see it.

Let's hear other people's advice too.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by knostbrown01(m): 9:26pm On Sep 07, 2021
caroline2120:
Please I need guide on writing my SOP
Course: PHD in Computer Science

thanks

Computer science PhD�, is application fees waived?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jerryjoe001: 9:56pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hello house, please I want to request for someone who can assist with SEVIS fee payment. I've been unable to use western union to pay the money.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IvannahG: 10:12pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hi everyone, I have a question please. I applied for my visa interview & got a date in November with my current passport. The passport isn’t expired yet but slightly damaged, my picture isn’t so clear anymore. I’m considering getting a new passport but I was wondering how do I update my current application which has already been confirmed with this old passport number to the new passport when I get it. Will I have to fill a brand new Ds 160, if so what happens to the already confirmed one or how do I go about this please. Would appreciate a response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Christabeliciou: 10:24pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ok thanks I appreciate your response will do and revert back thanks.

Kelex062:

Just retrive the old ds-160 you have already submitted, you would see two options to chose from either "Go to confirmation page" or "Create a new application". Click on create a new application (Take note of the new confirmation number). You can then change whatever information you want to change. (Using this method you don't have to start the application all over, as most of the information you filled are retrieved)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jerryjoe001: 10:46pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hello house,
Please I need somehow you can assist in the payment of my SEVIS fee. I'm unable to use western union for payment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by owagbeba: 11:23pm On Sep 07, 2021
Femotech123:
Visa delay this morning �
Abuja
Coa $31k
No funding
Course: social work
Bachelor degree
School: KSU

VO: You are going for bachelor degree in social work
Me: yes that’s correct
VO: when did you finish high school
Me :2014
VO: what have you been doing
Me: After my high school I went for (bachelor degree) I made mistakes quickly said I went for a diploma course in local government and development studies at The polytechnic IBD and I did a one year industrial training base on the course and later join an NGO wanted to mention the name but she cut in
VO: have you went for a bachelor degree before
Me : No
VO: what will you do after this degree
Me : I intend to come back to Nigeria to work will government/private intuition to improve the well being of vulnerable Nigeria I pause and I continue according to WHO she cut in again
VO: who is sponsoring you
Me : my brother
V0: what does he do
Me : he is a real estate developer he buy and sells land and lease land for commercial purposes
VO : sorry you aren’t qualified for this visa try again
Please help me what have I said wrong or what did I supposed to say.. pls guru I this thread help me with your correction, suggestion.
Note :my school resume January spring 2022
I’m reapplying. Pls what should I work on Incase of next time.

Bro... it’s always good to listen to your inner self, and tell it the truth.

With this kind transcript and package... e go take grace and favor .

The most critical parts of this package na 2014 to 2021; what have you been doing?

“ I do poly one year and IT another year, come dey work NGO no go work for this runz!”

VO: dis your uncle no sponsor you go uni for here since 2014?

VO: my friend, go repackage this thing come back make I give you visa

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by owagbeba: 11:27pm On Sep 07, 2021
Kelex062:
Abuja
COA $32k
Funding $9k
Course: Computer Science
Bachelors Degree
School: MSU(Morgan)

VO: You are going for a bachelors degree in Computer and Information Science (What was writen on my I 20)
ME: (Corrected her) Computer Science
VO: When did you finish high school.
ME: 2018
VO: You are currently attending The University of Port Harcourt (It was on my ds-160).
ME: (She had to ask about 3 times before I could hear her properly) Yes
VO: So what year are you currently in?
ME: Yr 2
VO: Who is your sponsor?
ME: My brother-in-law
VO: Your sister's husband?
ME: Yes
VO: What does he do?
ME: He owns a car dealership and(vo cuts in)
VO: What does your father do?
ME: He is an electrical engineer working with (company name)
VO: What does your mother do?
ME: She owns a small retail business.
VO: Starts typing... (omo as she start to dey type like that I just know say in don be)
ME: Thank you (I no no come from my mind at all, lol)

Note: I am currently studying Mechanical Engineering at the university, which is not what I wanted to study. I just opted for it because I was told that Computer Science (which I actuallly wanted to study) was trash in Nigeria, and I should go for a course that I would be able to get a good job with the degree here in Nigeria (I was naive then so I just gave in).

Please guys I need help with corrections. Any and every suggestion is appreciated, Thank you.

If say you use papa and mama as sponsor for this package, e for make sense wella.

She fit ask why you want leave uni here enter yankee uni.. you go use ASUU strike as reason... the package for sweet well

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.