Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,592 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (480) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1649785 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cliffton: 4:43pm On Sep 08, 2021
Oh, OK bro. But is there any disadvantage using father in-law?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lifeofgolden1: 4:57pm On Sep 08, 2021
cliffton:
Good evening guys...

Please who is better to be used as a sponsor, my mother who is an administrator at a university here or my father in-law who owns a big construction company with track record. Is there any disadvantage for using my father in-law. Both of them have the requisite amount to cover my COA. I am asking because am about sending my SOA for my I-20 for Spring. Thanks guys.
Your Mum is the best person you can use as your sponsor. It makes more sense to the VO when your family especially your father or mother sponsors your education.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sanctus1(m): 6:25pm On Sep 08, 2021
Hello everyone,

I am a follower of this thread and I must commend the efforts of everyone. I recently finished my M.Sc. in Marine Pollution & management with a GP of 3.6/5.0 and a first degree in biochemistry.

I am seeking for Ph.D. Program in Public health with concentration in environmental toxicology. I would be glad if anyone here can guide me on the process. I am available and open to opportunities.

I patiently await your comments.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatajo(m): 7:25pm On Sep 08, 2021
Thank you for the info. Please, people who check and see availability should always update us here. Thank you
Ayusma:
Sept 16 dates are currently available in Abuja! 4 slots left

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dayoaf: 8:06pm On Sep 08, 2021
Ayusma:

Was it emergency?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SparkleU: 8:14pm On Sep 08, 2021
I commend you for this, though I missed it...
Ayusma:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 08, 2021
Hi! Good evening.
I think someone already answered this question earlier.
You can either fill your Ds-160 or the Cgi portal first but since you're new and so as not to confuse the whole process, Just fill your Ds-160 first.
The barcode number generated will be needed to fill the Cgi portal.
Also take note of your 10digit alphanumeric barcode/application number as the system will timeout subsequently.
I hope this helps!

Valolisa147:
Please and please people of God. Somebody please help my life.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2021
kaey10:
Hi guys...Please, I need your input and opinion that will help me prepare for my visa interview, although I haven't gotten a date yet. I just don't want anything to go wrong. What should my possible answers be when the VO begins to ask those questions. I need advise, opinion, suggestion on answers that is convincing enough.

These are the basics information:
Undergraduate course: Biological sciences
Graduated in 2018, finished services 2019(my PPA was a school where I taught biology ss1 & ss3, basics sciences js3)
School: Georgia state university, Atlanta
Program: MSc Biology fall 2021 but I deferred to spring 2022
COA: $51,743
funding: tuition waiver($45,000) + GTA($6000)
Deficit: $743( My brother-in-law would be covering this) He's currently doing his Ph.D. in NY
I'm currently an intern with an organization that deals with implementing the SDG since June 2020

thanks so much guys

book interview, wait till 60 days to your resumption and apply for EA, pls what are the other aspects of your profile, TOEFL? GRE? GPA I'm targeting that school same program for Fall'22, and the Biology GC advised me to secure a faculty before applying, were you able to secure a faculty member before applying?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ayusma: 9:03pm On Sep 08, 2021
No, not an emergency date. Regular dates.

Dayoaf:

Was it emergency?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ayusma: 9:08pm On Sep 08, 2021
Oh, I am sorry you missed it. I had to create an account to pass the info if anybody will be able to make use of it, cause I follow this forum and I know a lot of people are looking for dates.

SparkleU:
I commend you for this, though I missed it...

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UAVdrones: 9:26pm On Sep 08, 2021
It's not possible to get a regular date that's a week from today; 16th Sept. is a week from today.
Ayusma:
No, not an emergency date. Regular dates.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kekeakinwale: 10:02pm On Sep 08, 2021
Please help me please,
My interview is on friday, I was suppose to resume in august, but I deffered my addmission till spring when the emergency appointment date I requested for was not forth coming.
Please do I need to fill another ds160. Please o beg I need a reply, please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dayoaf: 10:04pm On Sep 08, 2021
UAVdrones:
It's not possible to get a regular date that's a week from today; 16th Sept. is a week from today.

Its very possible

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kekeakinwale: 10:16pm On Sep 08, 2021
kekeakinwale:
Please help me please,
My interview is on friday, I was suppose to resume in august, but I deffered my addmission till spring when the emergency appointment date I requested for was not forth coming.

Please I am begging I need a response. Please help me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amenndmore: 10:35pm On Sep 08, 2021
did you get an updated i20? If so then yes you do
kekeakinwale:
Please help me please,

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kekeakinwale: 10:38pm On Sep 08, 2021
Amenndmore:
did you get an updated i20? If so then yes you do

Yes I did. Thank you very much for the response, I appreciate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ayusma: 10:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
Lol, well I did not request an emergency date but I saw the date available

UAVdrones:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amenndmore: 11:06pm On Sep 08, 2021
Is it better to apply for a visa with a school that offered you 50% scholarship with a higher school fees or a school that offered you assistantship with 40% tuition waiver with a lower tuition .. that’s for visa though. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amenndmore: 11:07pm On Sep 08, 2021
Wow lucky you. And this was for Abuja right? Because I can only see February. Thanks

Ayusma:
Lol, well I did not request an emergency date but I saw the date available

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Valolisa147: 11:12pm On Sep 08, 2021
Gracias
decide:

Fill the DS160 form, create CGI account, then make payment and schedule an appointment date.

You can use Microsoft paint to resize your passport
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Valolisa147: 11:18pm On Sep 08, 2021
Thank you
Kelex062:

Pay and fill the ds-160 first (In any order). You would need the ds-160 confirmation number and the visa fee confirmation code to fill the cgi form.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ayusma: 11:46pm On Sep 08, 2021
Yes, Abuja. I was also seeing February in the morning, I just decided to check again at noon and I saw September. Just keep checking

Amenndmore:
Wow lucky you. And this was for Abuja right? Because I can only see February. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SparkleU: 11:46pm On Sep 08, 2021
You should have made this changes earlier. I doubt if it is adviceable to make changes within 2 days to your interview date.
kekeakinwale:
Please help me please,
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AydotNX: 1:03am On Sep 09, 2021
kekeakinwale:

Please I am begging I need a response. Please help me
SparkleU:
You should have made this changes earlier. I doubt if it is adviceable to make changes within 2 days to your interview date.

PLEASE IT IS LATE DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES AGAIN.JUST GO FOR THE INTERVIEW WITH FAITH IN GOD. CLAIM YOU ARE AWAITING DEFFERED LETTER TO START IN SPRING OR YOU ARE WAITING FOR EXTENTION LETTER FROM YOUR SCHOOL.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 3:47am On Sep 09, 2021
kaey10:
Hi guys...Please, I need your input and opinion that will help me prepare for my visa interview, although I haven't gotten a date yet. I just don't want anything to go wrong. What should my possible answers be when the VO begins to ask those questions. I need advise, opinion, suggestion on answers that is convincing enough.

These are the basics information:
Undergraduate course: Biological sciences
Graduated in 2018, finished services 2019(my PPA was a school where I taught biology ss1 & ss3, basics sciences js3)
School: Georgia state university, Atlanta
Program: MSc Biology fall 2021 but I deferred to spring 2022
COA: $51,743
funding: tuition waiver($45,000) + GTA($6000)
Deficit: $743( My brother-in-law would be covering this) He's currently doing his Ph.D. in NY
I'm currently an intern with an organization that deals with implementing the SDG since June 2020

thanks so much guys

Please keep your brother in law out of the Conversation. If you could completely forget about mentioning his name. That will be best.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 6:21am On Sep 09, 2021
Amenndmore:
Is it better to apply for a visa with a school that offered you 50% scholarship with a higher school fees or a school that offered you assistantship with 40% tuition waiver with a lower tuition .. that’s for visa though. Thanks
choose the one the leaves you with the smallest deficit
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kaey10(m): 6:46am On Sep 09, 2021
Predstan:

Please keep your brother in law out of the Conversation. If you could completely forget about mentioning his name. That will be best.
Wow thanks....but what if the VO ask what do i say
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ronaldoguy: 7:10am On Sep 09, 2021
kaey10:

Wow thanks....but what if the VO ask what do i say
if you really don't have any other source of finance, you have the option of taking students loan. But I don't think mentioning brother in law can hurt ur chance because the deficit is negligible. You may be surprised it will not come up in your interview.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gerrard59(m): 8:56am On Sep 09, 2021
Sanctus1:
Hello everyone,

I am a follower of this thread and I must commend the efforts of everyone. I recently finished my M.Sc. in Marine Pollution & management with a GP of 3.6/5.0 and a first degree in biochemistry.

I am seeking for Ph.D. Program in Public health with concentration in environmental toxicology. I would be glad if anyone here can guide me on the process. I am available and open to opportunities.

I patiently await your comments.

Google "PhD in Public Health in the US" or specifically "PhD in Environmental Toxicology United States". Check the admission process and requirements. Go as far as Page 8 on Google search.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Juwon21: 9:25am On Sep 09, 2021
Potbellied:

This looks nice. However, I think you should be prepared for a question like:

VO: And how do you intend to repay that loan?

A brother who posted his transcript here a little while back was asked. I think you should be prepared too.
What's the best way to answer this question if asked by VO?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OlAfredd: 9:35am On Sep 09, 2021
Visa Approved @ Abuja: 8:30am

COA: $60k
Funding: family(bro who stays and work in the US)
School: Umass Amherst, MS Accounting

Transcript later.

19 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Samongo(m): 9:39am On Sep 09, 2021
Good day guys
Pls any idea on a list of schools that offer graduate assistantship for Msc Construction Management.
GPA- 3.5/5.0
GRE- 309 (V- 153 Q- 156)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.