Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,684 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (504) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1647227 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pamelayoung: 9:31pm On Sep 27, 2021
GboyegaD:

Congratulations!!! This is some great news to start the week. You could fly New York and book your connecting flight to be about 6hours from when you arrive JFK. It should be cheaper however, longer since almost every international airlines that flies Nigeria flies JFK too.

Can I get assistance from you please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pamelayoung: 9:34pm On Sep 27, 2021
Fair heart, Lagosismyhome, Twoods come to my aid
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aduun(f): 10:06pm On Sep 27, 2021
Gracilicutes:
add me 08066374918
I am interested
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mickeybook(f): 10:11pm On Sep 27, 2021
Great people , I have submitted my DS 160 form since August 25 but I'm having a feeling that there are one or two amendments to be made but to my surprise I keep getting this pop up... What could be the course of this please... My interview is still in mid Nov ... planning to edit the aspect that has to do with describe your duties. I think I didn't express my role as much as I would like to 2. I would like to maintain my precious highest academic records being a master in Business Administration....I deliberately omitted this , since I'm still going for another masters .... Great people pls I need advice ... I should find a way to edit all these all should leave it as it is .
Again I got a denial on a B1/B2 Jan 2020

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by GboyegaD(m): 10:15pm On Sep 27, 2021
Pamelayoung:

Can I get assistance from you please

What will that be?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nues012(m): 10:43pm On Sep 27, 2021
Adedapomola1993:
Please, on the DS-160,the person paying for the trip is the same as sponsorer right? So I can just input my sponsor details .please its urgent

Yes pls don’t make that mistake, the sponsor you sent to your school for i20 is the person you should fill in dsc160

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shanid(m): 10:57pm On Sep 27, 2021
Lagos date

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jackson1922: 11:09pm On Sep 27, 2021
Simple retrieve your old DS160 number or alternatively create a new one the down side of this being that you will have to reenter all your entries. Either way you will have to go update your us visa page with these new DS160 number provided it's 2 days before interview. Did change my DS160 a couple of times..

Mickeybook:
Great people , I have submitted my DS 160 form since August 25 but I'm having a feeling that there are one or two amendments to be made but to my surprise I keep getting this pop up... What could be the course of this please... My interview is still in mid Nov ... planning to edit the aspect that has to do with describe your duties. I think I didn't express my role as much as I would like to 2. I would like to maintain my precious highest academic records being a master in Business Administration....I deliberately omitted this , since I'm still going for another masters .... Great people pls I need advice ... I should find a way to edit all these all should leave it as it is .
Again I got a denial on a B1/B2 Jan 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mickeybook(f): 11:28pm On Sep 27, 2021
Jackson1922:
Simple retrieve your old DS160 number or alternatively create a new one the down side of this being that you will have to reenter all your entries. Either way you will have to go update your us visa page with these new DS160 number provided it's 2 days before interview. Did change my DS160 a couple of times..

Thank You, I should keep trying.... What about my intentions... Should leave them the way they are or I should edit ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jackson1922: 2:47am On Sep 28, 2021
You can edit them to represent the true state of facts. Either way it's up to you.

Mickeybook:
Thank You, I should keep trying.... What about my intentions... Should leave them the way they are or I should edit ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OBANLABAMIDELE2: 2:55am On Sep 28, 2021
hello Everyone
this is First time here, am planning in studying undergraduate course in business administration in the United States of America and I need your help and your advice. because I wish to study in the university and I notice they're quite expensive so I am going for a community colleges which is cheaper a bit, my question is with the community colleges of two years is there chance's of getting for studying and I will glad if I can get a better opportunity and a full founding in any universities.
thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sholly25: 3:09am On Sep 28, 2021
don't use community college, try there are universities with the price of a community college e.g southwest Minnesota state university, Jackson state university, William Carey, delta state, Minot state university.
OBANLABAMIDELE2:
hello Everyone
this is First time here, am planning in studying undergraduate course in business administration in the United States of America and I need your help and your advice. because I wish to study in the university and I notice they're quite expensive so I am going for a community college which is cheaper a bit, my question is with the community colleges of two years is there chance's of getting for studying and I will glad if I can get a better opportunity and a full founding in any universities.
thanks

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Littlefingerjp: 4:44am On Sep 28, 2021
Good morning house..Pls I want to make some inquiry's,I want to get a student visa for my kid brother,what is the budget pls and what way can I move for it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OBANLABAMIDELE2: 5:49am On Sep 28, 2021
Sholly25:
don't use community college, try there are universities with the price of a community college e.g southwest Minnesota state university, Jackson state university, William Carey, delta state, Minot state university.

thank you very much.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tosinfade: 6:31am On Sep 28, 2021
LeOTsGrand:
Pls add me to the WhatsApp group 08160848491 I got admitted to a university in USA for Spring and I am expecting my i20...
i am interested kindly add my no 08163865305 to the group . Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cupcakes11: 7:04am On Sep 28, 2021
Linccoln:
Visa Approval
Abuja Embassy, 27th September.
Fund: Fully Funded, No deficit
Sponsored by National Science Foundation ETA
Program: MEng Civil Engineering
School: Morgan State University
Fall 2021
I want to give glory and adoration to almighty God, the beginning and the end.

Fast forward to this morning.
After dressing up, I came outside and took a bolt ride to diplomatic drive. I got there around 6:45am. The hustlers at the gate chop me small today, because I forgot to print out my late arrival authorization letter given to me by my Graduate Coordinator, so I printed just a page #3,000. grin
I also needed to keep my phone as phone's ain't allowed inside the embassy, I was also charged #1,500.
Then, we proceeded to the que for documentation and all.

Now, the interview proper.
I was interviewed by a while man in his mid 40s

V.O: Pass me your passport and i20 please
Me: I did

V.O : Your left four fingers, right fingers and tumbs please.

Me : Okay (I did for all)

V.O: Have you travelled out of Nigeria before?

Me: No, I haven't had any reason to.

V·o: Good, What's your highest qualification ?

Me: I have a bachelor of engineering from a federal university here in Nigeria, (I mentioned it)

V.o: So, what have been up to since you finished ?

Me: After graduating in 2015, I went for my NYSC in Port HARCOURT between 2016 and 2017, and I started working in my current company since Nov. 2017.

V.O: What's your role there? (While asking all these questions, he was looking into his PC and typing for very long time before asking the next question )

Me: I work as a field engineer.(I explained my duties)

V.O :What will you do after this program ?

Me: After completing this program, I'll come back to my job to occupy a higher position. (As I was saying it, he had stopped typing and now was looking at my face, me too was looking straight to his eyes, eyeball to eyeball)

V.O: Okay, good good (gesculating with his hands, I wan laugh here grin )

V.O: How did you here about this school and how many school did you apply to?

Me: I searched through Google.com, and I applied to 2 schools; Bowling green state university and Morgan State University. So I went for MSU since I got a full scholarship there.

V.O: Good, very good. Do you have any siblings in USA ?
Me: No, I dont

V.O: What about your parents, are they here and what do they do?

Me: My dad is here in Nigeria, he's a retiree and my mum is late.

V.O: Oh, so sorry about your mum. But I can see tha your school has commenced fall lectures since August 23rd, so what do you think?

Me: Yes, I commenced with them since August 23rd, and I have a late arrival authorization letter issued by my Graduate Coordinator here with me. (me bringing it out)

V.O: Okay, that's good. Now I can see all is set and good.

Me: Smilling sheepishly . . .

V.O: I'll be approving your visa, I'll be collecting your passport, you can visits www.tarveldocs.com.n . . .blablabla. . I Couldn't here anything again.

I'm really indebted to God almighty and to people who have made great contribution to this page. God bless you all. Lagosismyhome, fairheart, Twoods, Brown2green, Walspring, GboyegaD, and the rest i can't remember.

To the upcoming folks, please make sure you put all possible efforts within your power to achieve your goals, it will be worth it all at the end.
I wish those coming for spring and fall 2022 success.

**Please someone should please suggest an affordable flight to Baltimore-Washington International Airport.

Congratulations bro, pls did you write GRE or any English test
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tosinfade: 7:16am On Sep 28, 2021
Hello everyone, please I need your guide and advice on how to present to the VO on my next interview for spring 2022 which I deferred to after getting denied for fall 2021.
I’m a married man and my Dad is going to be the sponsor as I’d be using a statement in his name . My estimated COA for 12 months is $42k and my family funding is $50k.
But then I got a student loan of $25k also from Mpower. But it’s not stated in my I-20 as my school said they don’t accept loan to process I-20. Therefore I’m so confused on how to relate it to the VO that I also hv a student loan. I don’t want to jeopardize my next interview. Kindly help with advice on how to go about it . Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tosinfade: 7:30am On Sep 28, 2021
Elnon:
A group has been created ONLY for students already admitted into a US university and intend moving for spring 2022…..We will be discussing about 1-20, visa appointments dates and the rest.

Contact me to be added to the group..Read the above again before reaching out.

No questions about admission will be entertained so if you are still intending to apply don’t bother please. We need to be on same page.

Thanks

Kindly add me to the group 08163865305 . Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Curious2020: 7:40am On Sep 28, 2021
Teecee18th:

Lol.. I'm a joker??.. you are the joker, do you think I just assume things and not do my research first??.. Berea college is test optional (it's not a must to take sat) and my score was almost the same as the Kenya girl's own when converted to us gpa and she got in without sat, and even if you don't take sat all admitted students financial needs are met, and for the last time, I have decided to take sat (to assist my gpa), I joined this forum because I needed advice and different people's view on the issue, but most of the replies have been insulting, and seriously, can't some of you advice someone without insulting the person, so dear pls do your research and gain more knowledge before coming online to write what you feel like

See for urself
Look they said this last year, virtually all US colleges. Even with going test optional the ppl ik that got admitted test optional aren't from Africa smiley they just say this even students from the US won't apply test optional and you coming from an unknown curriculum wants to get a full ride test optional. When 2 or more ppl tell you things on this thread they're not just trying to discourage you but they're just realistic. A NL was like this last year despite his national awards and good WAEC he got 21 rejections plus he got interviewed by nearly half of the ivies. Why didn't he get in? Because some students had the SAT which is substantial to determine ability to excel in their curriculum. There's still time to register for December SAT. Don't be enveloped in your dreams believing everything will come on a platter of Gold. Good luck! cheesy

PS: Berea college is not a school that receives so many applications so you can stand a chance but don't put all your eggs in one basket. And it's not the same for the top colleges. Just because someone got in test optional doesn't mean others too can get it in test optional, look ppl write poor essays that sound like thrash to AOs it's not WAEC essays where they ask us to become fiction writers ooo lmao. Just take the SAT at least because your chances of getting into Berea isn't 100%

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lucyAA: 9:09am On Sep 28, 2021
Bond4141:
Please who knows any School in US for M.Sc in IT Audit? I have search the internet over and over , nothing tangible have been derived

You can check MTSU they have a program in Information systems and IT audit is one of the modules.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gracilicutes: 9:39am On Sep 28, 2021
Osof:
Please may I be added to the abuja Whatsapp group
please add me 2 abuja whatsapp group 08066374918
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Herdeynikeh95(f): 9:44am On Sep 28, 2021
Linccoln:
Visa Approval
Abuja Embassy, 27th September.
Fund: Fully Funded, No deficit
Sponsored by National Science Foundation ETA
Program: MEng Civil Engineering
School: Morgan State University
Fall 2021
I want to give glory and adoration to almighty God, the beginning and the end.

Fast forward to this morning.
After dressing up, I came outside and took a bolt ride to diplomatic drive. I got there around 6:45am. The hustlers at the gate chop me small today, because I forgot to print out my late arrival authorization letter given to me by my Graduate Coordinator, so I printed just a page #3,000. grin
I also needed to keep my phone as phone's ain't allowed inside the embassy, I was also charged #1,500.
Then, we proceeded to the que for documentation and all.

Now, the interview proper.
I was interviewed by a while man in his mid 40s

V.O: Pass me your passport and i20 please
Me: I did

V.O : Your left four fingers, right fingers and tumbs please.

Me : Okay (I did for all)

V.O: Have you travelled out of Nigeria before?

Me: No, I haven't had any reason to.

V·o: Good, What's your highest qualification ?

Me: I have a bachelor of engineering from a federal university here in Nigeria, (I mentioned it)

V.o: So, what have been up to since you finished ?

Me: After graduating in 2015, I went for my NYSC in Port HARCOURT between 2016 and 2017, and I started working in my current company since Nov. 2017.

V.O: What's your role there? (While asking all these questions, he was looking into his PC and typing for very long time before asking the next question )

Me: I work as a field engineer.(I explained my duties)

V.O :What will you do after this program ?

Me: After completing this program, I'll come back to my job to occupy a higher position. (As I was saying it, he had stopped typing and now was looking at my face, me too was looking straight to his eyes, eyeball to eyeball)

V.O: Okay, good good (gesculating with his hands, I wan laugh here grin )

V.O: How did you here about this school and how many school did you apply to?

Me: I searched through Google.com, and I applied to 2 schools; Bowling green state university and Morgan State University. So I went for MSU since I got a full scholarship there.

V.O: Good, very good. Do you have any siblings in USA ?
Me: No, I dont

V.O: What about your parents, are they here and what do they do?

Me: My dad is here in Nigeria, he's a retiree and my mum is late.

V.O: Oh, so sorry about your mum. But I can see tha your school has commenced fall lectures since August 23rd, so what do you think?

Me: Yes, I commenced with them since August 23rd, and I have a late arrival authorization letter issued by my Graduate Coordinator here with me. (me bringing it out)

V.O: Okay, that's good. Now I can see all is set and good.

Me: Smilling sheepishly . . .

V.O: I'll be approving your visa, I'll be collecting your passport, you can visits www.tarveldocs.com.n . . .blablabla. . I Couldn't here anything again.

I'm really indebted to God almighty and to people who have made great contribution to this page. God bless you all. Lagosismyhome, fairheart, Twoods, Brown2green, Walspring, GboyegaD, and the rest i can't remember.

To the upcoming folks, please make sure you put all possible efforts within your power to achieve your goals, it will be worth it all at the end.
I wish those coming for spring and fall 2022 success.

**Please someone should please suggest an affordable flight to Baltimore-Washington International Airport.

This fully funded means ur sch fees,fud and accommodation will b paid for by the sch??. Kindly furnish me because na money dey mk me go back for this things
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gracilicutes: 9:46am On Sep 28, 2021
jbaba821:

Pls add me 07069578848
please add abuja 08066374918
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pamelayoung: 12:03pm On Sep 28, 2021
GboyegaD:

What will that be?

I need you to please guide me through a mock interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ikankroff(m): 12:24pm On Sep 28, 2021
Elnon:
A group has been created ONLY for students already admitted into a US university and intend moving for spring 2022…..We will be discussing about 1-20, visa appointments dates and the rest.

No questions about admission will be entertained so if you are still intending to apply don’t bother please. We need to be on same page.

Thanks
Please add me. 07069164227.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Linccoln(m): 12:59pm On Sep 28, 2021
Herdeynikeh95:
This fully funded means ur sch fees,fud and accommodation will b paid for by the sch??. Kindly furnish me because na money dey mk me go back for this things

Yea, the funding covers the Living expenses and tuition.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kaey10(m): 12:59pm On Sep 28, 2021
Shanid:
Lagos date
bros what of Abuja date, pls if you have link to it, i want to join oo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by GboyegaD(m): 1:11pm On Sep 28, 2021
Pamelayoung:

I need you to please guide me through a mock interview

This isn't my forte however, I will suggest you post it on here for all to help you review it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bond4141(m): 1:11pm On Sep 28, 2021
lucyAA:

You can check MTSU they have a program in Information systems and IT audit is one of the modules.

Thanks so much. I have checked, no IT audit there
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kross101(m): 1:48pm On Sep 28, 2021
Elnon:

Thanks

Kindly add 08030626722
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by queenette209(f): 1:53pm On Sep 28, 2021
Elnon

Please kindly add me to the group i am to resume in spring 2022.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.