Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,572 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (506) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1638733 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by GreatUniben: 6:51am On Sep 29, 2021
Hi all,

My wife got delayed for F2 visa. The V.O asked her to state how long will she spend in the US. My wife told her that she will spend the five years with me till my PhD finish. The V.O. then still insist that she must state a specific time. My wife then stated two weeks, to come and visit me in Christmas and then return again another time. Then the V.O rejected her.

Pls, biko, what is the best answer to this question and how long can my wife apply for expedited appointment after exhausting the first one?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vavavoom2021: 6:57am On Sep 29, 2021
Predstan:

What does your sponsor do in the US, how did he get into the US and what is his status. These are the reasons for denial. Your sponsor being in the US does not directly leads to a visa Denial

Works in tech, he was an F1 student who migrated, he is a legal PR & married to a citizen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gracilicutes: 7:28am On Sep 29, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by generalwhite(m): 7:47am On Sep 29, 2021
Hello guys !!!
I’ve been following this thread since 2017 (after my youth service) but I’m sending this for the first time.
I’m a graduate of Animal science.
kindly help me !!!
I wrote my GRE in 2017.
Verbal reasoning: 138
Quantitative Reasoning: 144
Analytical writing: 4.0.
The schools chosen were: Alabama A&M university, Tarleton State Uni, NCA&T, Tennessee State Uni.
I contacted Alabama A&M and I was offered “conditional admission” but my cousin who reside in state told me to ignore conditional admission because he want me to come to state with unconditional admission (explaining to me why he doesn’t want me to accept the conditional admission).
That made me loose interest but with the situation of things, I want to start my Application again but with the above GRE score and my course of study, what other schools can I apply to ?.
I want to begin a fresh application or do I need to re-write my GRE before I commence with the application ??

Please I need you guys help on this.
Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ayinkala(m): 8:09am On Sep 29, 2021
by ayinkala(m): 4:23am
Hello house..I just recieved my i20 for spring 2022. The issue I am having now is that I could not see available appointment dates in Lagos until August 2022. Should I go ahead and pick a date in August and later request for emergency appointment?

Please I am worried and I need your candid advice.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by samuel321: 8:31am On Sep 29, 2021
Good morning. I have a passport which expires on the 4th of May 2022 and according to the USA embassy rule, an applicant needs to come with a passport validity of 6months. If I go buy that rule, It means can't take the passport to the embassy after November 4th.

I was lucky to see a date last month December 8,but while picking it I didn't remember about the USA passport validity rule. Now I have done a passport renewal and gotten my passport already.

Will I be interviewed if I go with both passport, remember I paid my visa fee with the old passport number and by the time I'll go to the embassy it would have been over the validity date or I will have to pay another visa using the new passport number. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ayinkala(m): 8:39am On Sep 29, 2021
Go with both intl passports. Note that the expired passport number also appears on the new New intl passport. As far as I know, you don't have issue, just go there with both passports.
samuel321:
Good morning. I have a passport which expires on the 4th of May 2022 and according to the USA embassy rule, an applicant needs to come with a passport validity of 6months. If I go buy that rule, It means can't take the passport to the embassy after November 4th.

I was lucky to see a date last month December 8,but while picking it I didn't remember about the USA passport validity rule. Now I have done a passport renewal and gotten my passport already.

Will I be interviewed if I go with both passport, remember I paid my visa fee with the old passport number and by the time I'll go to the embassy it would have been over the validity date or I will have to pay another visa using the new passport number. Thank you

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by samuel321: 8:41am On Sep 29, 2021
ayinkala:
Go with both intl passports. Note that the expired passport number also appears on the new New intl passport. As far as I know, you don't have issue, just go there with both passports.

Thanks for your response, it's highly appreciated

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by de3lar(m): 9:15am On Sep 29, 2021
Mehn, it's been a while over here and from the look of things only Masters applicants and only one Community college applicant have been approved so far.

I don't know my fate as a Bachelor applicant and does not have a good idea of how to present things to the VO when my interview time is due.

I applied for Civil Engineering at Wilkes University at Pennsylvania, I'll be sponsored by my Dad and am currently working in my Dads company.

How do I present this to the VO without complications.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ritagera04(f): 10:18am On Sep 29, 2021
NigPatriot:

Both are okay depends on how you present your case.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 10:22am On Sep 29, 2021
Ritagera04:

Thank you so much for your response
NB:The joint sponsorship between i and my hubby is in my savings account so therefore I will be going with my personal SOA.(I’m C.O.O of a company)
Please is it fine that way ?
I don’t have a joint bank account with my hubby and he can’t sponsor me single handedly .
Thank you

It's alright. As long as the account has the required funds.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TigerRodeo: 10:42am On Sep 29, 2021
Hi, Good morning All.

I am new here. I want to apply to university of Idaho in the U.S.A. for masters .

My course is Engineering Geology.

please kindly assist me on how to go about it.

Thanks alot.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ritagera04(f): 12:21pm On Sep 29, 2021
NigPatriot:

It's alright. As long as the account has the required funds.

Thank You
God bless you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ju5na34ra: 12:24pm On Sep 29, 2021
Please add me up 07061418034
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dayoaf: 12:37pm On Sep 29, 2021
ayinkala:
Hello house..I just recieved my i20 for spring 2022. The issue I am having now is that I could not see available appointment dates in Lagos until August 2022. Should I go ahead and pick a date in August and later request for emergency appointment?

Please I am worried and I need your candid advice.

Thanks

Pick a date, then wait 60days to your resumption and request for emergency.
And you can keep checking for available dates before then
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mickeybook(f): 12:46pm On Sep 29, 2021
generalwhite:
Hello guys !!!
I’ve been following this thread since 2017 (after my youth service) but I’m sending this for the first time.
I’m a graduate of Animal science.
kindly help me !!!
I wrote my GRE in 2017.
Verbal reasoning: 138
Quantitative Reasoning: 144
Analytical writing: 4.0.
The schools chosen were: Alabama A&M university, Tarleton State Uni, NCA&T, Tennessee State Uni.
I contacted Alabama A&M and I was offered “conditional admission” but my cousin who reside in state told me to ignore conditional admission because he want me to come to state with unconditional admission (explaining to me why he doesn’t want me to accept the conditional admission).
That made me loose interest but with the situation of things, I want to start my Application again but with the above GRE score and my course of study, what other schools can I apply to ?.
I want to begin a fresh application or do I need to re-write my GRE before I commence with the application ??

Please I need you guys help on this.
Thanks.
Your cousin is not ready to help you or you are deceiving yourself ... Why not tell us what your cousin told you about a conditional admission that made you change your mind ? Again ,what course did you apply for ?The conditional admission offered to you means you just need to register for a certain course and get a certain grade in the certain course . I'm sure it's not stated on your form I 20 that you are offered a conditional admission.... Even at that I believe you will be fine to defend your case to d vo... Alabama A&M is a good school

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by COMFORTeconz: 12:52pm On Sep 29, 2021
I just received my admission offer letter to University of Utah
Course of study- master of science in Business analytics. Spring term
I'm thinking of going with my husband. We recently got married in August. I want to list him as a dependent. Buh I have some fears.
*He was denied F1 visa twice this year. Will it raise any red flag if I list him as a dependent*.
I'd really appreciate every opinion and thought on this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by wandeykul(f): 1:04pm On Sep 29, 2021
Please say hi to me on WhatsApp. 08147593794
Anavamii:

Not yet o
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 1:22pm On Sep 29, 2021
COMFORTeconz:
I just received my admission offer letter to University of Utah
Course of study- master of science in Business analytics. Spring term
I'm thinking of going with my husband. We recently got married in August. I want to list him as a dependent. Buh I have some fears.
*He was denied F1 visa twice this year. Will it raise any red flag if I list him as a dependent*.
I'd really appreciate every opinion and thought on this.
because of the denials I'll suggest you Travel first, let him apply for f2 later, before they'll think you people planned it grin secondly did you get any funding? Or do you guys have a big SOA to cover for the two?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jay5050: 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2021
Greetings all
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jay5050: 1:34pm On Sep 29, 2021
Please, 3 years ago, I tried to apply for the US visa using an invitation sent to me by my brother. Though it didn't worked out but I had already paid visa fee and scheduled an appointment.
Right now I am trying to apply for a student visa in one of the institutions. I have paid for visa fee but I cannot schedule appointment date because I was notified by the site that my information is already in their database and if I would want to reconcile it to avoid double applications. I tried to reconcile but that's where I am having problems. Please, has anyone experience this kind of issues. I will appreciate some advice because I don't have much time to schedule an appointment date...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bustlezach01(m): 1:53pm On Sep 29, 2021
Hi everyone,

I got an admission to study Mechatronics and Artificial Intelligence at MTU and the University of Bridgeport respectively, masters degree to be precise. I have decided to pursue the MTU offer because it aligns with my first degree.

MTU asked me to show proof of fund of 36.5k USD for the COA. I got a student loan from prodigy but it was rejected by MTU on the ground that the guaranteed amount is not up to 36.5k USD. The prodigy offer states that 18k USD has been approved with conditional approval of 37k USD in addition. But MTU insists he needs a guarantee of 36.5k.

So, as it is, I need 18.5k USD to make up for the deficit. Someone should kindly assist with info on how to raise additional funds be it through scholarships, grants etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Onyedika11(m): 2:22pm On Sep 29, 2021
Please, is anyone here schooling in Boston?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by degxyflexy: 2:28pm On Sep 29, 2021
Check Iowa State University
Toriah789:
Please does anyone know any school in the US still taking Spring 2022 application for masters.

I have been looking for but haven't found. Thanks in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Digbick: 2:28pm On Sep 29, 2021
A brother was denied this year, he bought another fee to try again, but the date given is April next year, can he reschedule once like always to a closer date? (note: not emergency appointment he has exhausted it)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tosinfade: 2:31pm On Sep 29, 2021
tosinfade:
Hello everyone, please I need your guide and advice on how to present to the VO on my next interview for spring 2022 which I deferred to after getting denied for fall 2021.
I’m a married man and my Dad is going to be the sponsor as I’d be using a statement in his name . My estimated COA for 12 months is $42k and my family funding is $50k.
But then I got a student loan of $25k also from Mpower. But it’s not stated in my I-20 as my school said they don’t accept loan to process I-20. Therefore I’m so confused on how to relate it to the VO that I also hv a student loan. I don’t want to jeopardize my next interview. Kindly help with advice on how to go about it . Thanks

Kindly help with information on how to present my issue before the VO
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bunmijab: 2:59pm On Sep 29, 2021
Hello everyone,

Please my brother has desire for scholarship but he only has Waec and he's 19years old.

Please what are his chances?
He is a science student with a good Waec result.
He was formally pursuing medicine but I'm not sure he can get scholarship directly for medicine, if I'm wrong please correct me guys

He's looking at going for B.Sc in computer science or any related course or relating to medicine

I'll appreciate our response please guys
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Phenomenalmau: 3:32pm On Sep 29, 2021
Jay5050:
Please, 3 years ago, I tried to apply for the US visa using an invitation sent to me by my brother. Though it didn't worked out but I had already paid visa fee and scheduled an appointment.
Right now I am trying to apply for a student visa in one of the institutions. I have paid for visa fee but I cannot schedule appointment date because I was notified by the site that my information is already in their database and if I would want to reconcile it to avoid double applications. I tried to reconcile but that's where I am having problems. Please, has anyone experience this kind of issues. I will appreciate some advice because I don't have much time to schedule an appointment date...

I had a similar problem then I sent an email to support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com
wrote my full name, DOB, pdf of my passport bio date page and my complaints, it was rectified after 2 weeks

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Charles61: 4:02pm On Sep 29, 2021
Please, gurus, I will like to know if it is possible to travel with your wife and 1 kid for a 2 years masters program.

Secondly, I would need a guide on what documents would be needed.

Will 3 of us go for the interview together, or only me?

If my balance required by institution is 35k USD, do I need to provide more because my wife and kid are going with me?

Thanks alot
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2021
tosinfade:
Hello everyone, please I need your guide and advice on how to present to the VO on my next interview for spring 2022 which I deferred to after getting denied for fall 2021.
I’m a married man and my Dad is going to be the sponsor as I’d be using a statement in his name . My estimated COA for 12 months is $42k and my family funding is $50k.
But then I got a student loan of $25k also from Mpower. But it’s not stated in my I-20 as my school said they don’t accept loan to process I-20. Therefore I’m so confused on how to relate it to the VO that I also hv a student loan. I don’t want to jeopardize my next interview. Kindly help with advice on how to go about it . Thanks

If your family funding is 50k , why then did you seek a loan? 50k already surpasses the estimated COA.

You should first answer, why you decided on a loan in the first instance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mightyraw(m): 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2021
Good evening , I got admission offer for mechanical engineering at wethern Illinois university,
The school asked me to submit proof of fund to have my admission letter but I don't know how to go about this , can anyone help here
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 4:38pm On Sep 29, 2021
Mightyraw:

Collect your sponsors bank statements, bank refrence letter, or both and send to school.

(1) (2) (3) ... (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.