Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (507) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1641023 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 4:43pm On Sep 29, 2021
Digbick:
A brother was denied this year, he bought another fee to try again, but the date given is April next year, can he reschedule once like always to a closer date? (note: not emergency appointment he has exhausted it)
You can reschedule if closer dates pops up.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 4:48pm On Sep 29, 2021
Toriah789:
Please does anyone know any school in the US still taking Spring 2022 application for masters.

I have been looking for but haven't found. Thanks in advance
Depends on your course.
Check: Arizona state uni ... Tennessee state uni... Texas Tech uni...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 5:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
Vavavoom2021:

Works in tech, he was an F1 student who migrated, he is a legal PR & married to a citizen.

That’s a big deal depending on how long he has been in US. If not too long, then he can’t literally sponsor you for education in the US. Another angle is that you might as well be going down there to get married.

Solution; Get some funding so that he won’t be your primary sponsor. Make sure you are not going to school in the same state that he is.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer0(m): 5:30pm On Sep 29, 2021
They asking you to submit statement of bank account that will cover for your tuition fees and living expenses.

Are you not getting any funding (scholarship) from the school?
Mightyraw:
Good evening , I got admission offer for mechanical engineering at wethern Illinois university,
The school asked me to submit proof of fund to have my admission letter but I don't know how to go about this , can anyone help here
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mightyraw(m): 6:09pm On Sep 29, 2021
Gokoyer0:
They asking you to submit statement of bank account that will cover for your tuition fees and living expenses.

Are you not getting any funding (scholarship) from the school?
Scholarship was not indicated yet
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hongeorge(m): 6:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
WIU spring applicants any update
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 6:19pm On Sep 29, 2021
Good evening guys, please I got RA position from TTU for spring 2022 and I have $8k deficit. In filling my DS160 I put that I will be sponsoring the trip, but I will be going to the embassy with my uncle's SOA. So my question now is, the Self that I filled in on my DS160 is it okay? Or I should fill in my uncle's details since I am going to the embassy with his SOA or fill in employer since it is a funded program?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gent2nice: 7:49pm On Sep 29, 2021
Someone who used EA and got delayed, can the person get another EA within 6 months after?
beejhay69:
You can reschedule if closer dates pops up.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gent2nice: 7:53pm On Sep 29, 2021
I think information on i20 matters here. U will use the name of the person whose finance information u sent to your school and is reflected on your i20. Thesame document u sent to ur school, will be what u take along for your interview

ObodoNaija:
Good evening guys, please I got RA position from TTU for spring 2022 and I have $8k deficit. In filling my DS160 I put that I will be sponsoring the trip, but I will be going to the embassy with my uncle's SOA. So my question now is, the Self that I filled in on my DS160 is it okay? Or I should fill in my uncle's details since I am going to the embassy with his SOA or fill in employer since it is a funded program?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gent2nice: 7:55pm On Sep 29, 2021
Please what do you mean by he exhausted emergency appointment?

Digbick:
A brother was denied this year, he bought another fee to try again, but the date given is April next year, can he reschedule once like always to a closer date? (note: not emergency appointment he has exhausted it)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cupcakes11: 8:41pm On Sep 29, 2021
Guys pls how do I go about making payment for application fees as it's asking for credit card details. I tried to use my barter card but it's not working
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by learner007(m): 8:50pm On Sep 29, 2021
The University of Alabama Graduate School for free.

Your Free App Week waiver code*:
GFAW21

One code is allowed per student and will only be valid for a single application. Due to processing times, international students may only apply for Summer and Fall 2022.

Instructions:

Apply to the Graduate School
Create your profile, then complete your application
Enter your code in the Application Fee tab
*NOTE: Your Free App Week code is case sensitive. If you are having trouble redeeming your application fee waiver, contact the Graduate School

NOTE: Code will be valid from October 18 - 22.

8 Likes 7 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 9:03pm On Sep 29, 2021
Gent2nice:
I think information on i20 matters here. U will use the name of the person whose finance information u sent to your school and is reflected on your i20. Thesame document u sent to ur school, will be what u take along for your interview

Thanks a lot. What is stated on my I-20 is family. And the SOA I used was printed in June, which I think is too outdated to go to the interview with this October. Would it be okay if I go to the interview with another statement since I can't use that one again and the person is not in town to give me another one. And also in the I-20, my family fund is $26k and now I am going to the interview with a SOA that has $8k (my deficit is $8k), is this okay?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Anavamii: 9:06pm On Sep 29, 2021
Hello guys, please apartfrom statement of account, what other documents can you use for proof of funds? That’s to obtain i20
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 9:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
Anavamii:
Hello guys, please apartfrom statement of account, what other documents can you use for proof of funds? That’s to obtain i20
check with your school for the requirements.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Anavamii: 9:20pm On Sep 29, 2021
beejhay69:

I mean documents that the embassy will not refuse. Especially during interviews
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 9:30pm On Sep 29, 2021
Anavamii:

I mean documents that the embassy will not refuse. Especially during interviews
Your sponsors bank statements is enough. You might not even be asked but still go with it to avoid stories.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cupcakes11: 9:34pm On Sep 29, 2021
beejhay69:
Credit card is the only option and I don't have one
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 9:35pm On Sep 29, 2021
Hi,

Please who's applying to Oregon State University?

Let's link up.

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Digbick: 10:08pm On Sep 29, 2021
Gent2nice:

He has used it once this year when he was denied, so he paid for a new Visa appointment, i don't think he qualifies for an emergency appointment again .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bisak56: 10:26pm On Sep 29, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olaoke16(m): 10:36pm On Sep 29, 2021
Digbick:

He has used it once this year when he was denied, so he paid for a new Visa appointment, i don't think he qualifies for an emergency appointment again .

If the emergency appointment tab is available on his CGI portal, then he can use it 60 days to the school start date.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mickeybook(f): 10:55pm On Sep 29, 2021
Gent2nice:

would you mind sharing the reason he was first denied?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ashraf267(m): 11:02pm On Sep 29, 2021
cupcakes11:
Guys pls how do I go about making payment for application fees as it's asking for credit card details. I tried to use my barter card but it's not working
Have you heard of Flywire?
Go to www.flywire.com and check if your school is among the schools it accepts payment for.
It's so easy and fast, you can pay with your MasterCard, Visa or Verve debit card.
Note: their rate is little bit high. The last time I used it the rate was around ₦600+/ $
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by owagbeba: 11:02pm On Sep 29, 2021
de3lar:
Mehn, it's been a while over here and from the look of things only Masters applicants and only one Community college applicant have been approved so far.

I don't know my fate as a Bachelor applicant and does not have a good idea of how to present things to the VO when my interview time is due.

I applied for Civil Engineering at Wilkes University at Pennsylvania, I'll be sponsored by my Dad and am currently working in my Dads company.

How do I present this to the VO without complications.

Na when you finish SS3?
How long you don dey work for papa company?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 11:16pm On Sep 29, 2021
learner007:
The University of Alabama Graduate School for free.

Your Free App Week waiver code*:
GFAW21

One code is allowed per student and will only be valid for a single application. Due to processing times, international students may only apply for Summer and Fall 2022.

Instructions:

Apply to the Graduate School
Create your profile, then complete your application
Enter your code in the Application Fee tab
*NOTE: Your Free App Week code is case sensitive. If you are having trouble redeeming your application fee waiver, contact the Graduate School

NOTE: Code will be valid from October 18 - 22.
I'm not qualified for my program of interest here but since it's app fee waiver week, I'll apply anyways, no harm in trying, I encourage y'all to do the same

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 11:18pm On Sep 29, 2021
ashraf267:

Go to www.flywire.com and check if your school is among the schools it accepts payment for.
It's so easy and fast, you can pay with your MasterCard, Visa or Verve debit card.
Note: their rate is little bit high. The last time I used it the rate was around ₦600+/ $
Means that Bater by flutterwave is cheaper #580/$
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ilomiracle: 12:08am On Sep 30, 2021
Babnxst93:

Please, add me to the group - 07031275536
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lordjones: 12:50am On Sep 30, 2021
H
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dayoaf: 1:55am On Sep 30, 2021
ObodoNaija:

If your Uncle is covering your deficit , then fill his details on your DS 160
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ritsy02: 6:04am On Sep 30, 2021
Please if my sponsor is in US (my brother), can he provide proof of funds for me? What are the chances of my visa getting approved when they know my sponsor is not in Nigeria?

P/S: He went there through Masters, but he is already a citizen and he is working.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cupcakes11: 7:04am On Sep 30, 2021
ashraf267:

Thanks a lot

(1) (2) (3) ... (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.