Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (521) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1646721 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pamelayoung: 8:02am On Oct 12, 2021
Ifeoluwakemi:
@TosinClement please I'm trying to reach you. I also applied to Texas A&M for Business Analytics. Please let's connect.

Same here I have also sent you a DM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pamelayoung: 8:07am On Oct 12, 2021
Sophie43:
Hello everyone am from rwanda but this forum really helped me a lot to prepare for my visa. That's why I'd like to share my experience,but first of all someone here had written Bible quotes from psalms it really also helped during my prayer cause the university I applied to, people were saying I won't get my visa because they easily give admission to everyone. But that wasn't the case I had prepared like almost 100 questions and everyone was laughing at me like why are you getting prepared isn't it an interview..... anwei this is how it went . I got my visa approved on 30th September of this year

Vo: hello how are you
Me:am fine with a smile ooooo
Vo:submit all your documents and took my biometric
Me: had organized all my documents in 1file and submitted it with a smile
Vo:your name please
Me:said it loudly I could here my voice even�
Vo:why are you going to the US?
Me:for my masters in human resource management
Vo:he noticed on my I20 I had submitted the company of my father as the bank statement then asked who is this?
Me: it's the company of my father and we do this and this
Vo: do you work for this company
Me: yes
Vo: when did you finish high school
Me: 2016
vo:what have you been doing after graduation
Me: due to this covid19 I wasn't able to come home then took a short course I was in INDIA
vo: started typing fast then said come pick your passport on this day
Me: he didn't ask for another documents I was soooo
Happy another thing I can say please dress properly before going my mum is the one who picked clothes and shoes for me and when I reached at the embassy seriously I was dressed well and it boosted my confidence am not telling girls to wear a lot of jewelry as if you're going even in a night club dress as someone really going for an interview
Thank you everyone ....... this forum helps you regardless of where you come from

Congratulations on your visa approval but I honestly don't think these dudes in Nigeria care about what you're putting on.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 9:59am On Oct 12, 2021
Rollitout:
For more info about duolingo, you can contact me or watch teacher Luke on YouTube.

Please drop your email I want to do duolingo also probably this week
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adedapomola1993: 12:10pm On Oct 12, 2021
Guys I need an urgent answer please,please do I need to pick a date from the available dates which is far or I should just leave it till it's less than 60 days and then book an emergency appointment..should I leave till then or just pick one date there...urgent answer please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 12:15pm On Oct 12, 2021
Adedapomola1993:
urgent answer please
you need to pick a date before you can use the emergency request.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2021
Majestybaba92:

The information you gave about your Dad, Mum and siblings is it true?

...and what usefulness will his response do to you?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 4:22pm On Oct 12, 2021
Richyfloww:
Goodday house, please help a sister. I don't know what to do any more; I got a mail about a month ago that my uk visa application was successful, that I will hear from tsl on how to collect my documents. i.e I should not contact my visa application center until I'm told to do so. Since about a month now, I have not hear or gotten any mail on how to get my passport /visa. I'm getting really tired and confused. Does any one have an idea on how to go about it??

Post your complaint to the link I just attached, that's the thread for UK student visa

https://www.nairaland.com/6712649/uk-student-visa-tier-4/359
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Udezemary: 4:50pm On Oct 12, 2021
Please how do I apply for the US visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kaey10(m): 5:17pm On Oct 12, 2021
pls guys can I apply for an emergency interview? school resumes on the 10 of January but my earliest resumption date is 11 of december
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by vizin: 7:03pm On Oct 12, 2021
Congratulations Sophie.
Sophie43:
Hello everyone am from rwanda but this forum really helped me a lot to prepare for my visa. That's why I'd like to share my experience,but first of all someone here had written Bible quotes from psalms it really also helped during my prayer cause the university I applied to, people were saying I won't get my visa because they easily give admission to everyone. But that wasn't the case I had prepared like almost 100 questions and everyone was laughing at me like why are you getting prepared isn't it an interview..... anwei this is how it went . I got my visa approved on 30th September of this year

Vo: hello how are you
Me:am fine with a smile ooooo
Vo:submit all your documents and took my biometric
Me: had organized all my documents in 1file and submitted it with a smile
Vo:your name please
Me:said it loudly I could here my voice even�
Vo:why are you going to the US?
Me:for my masters in human resource management
Vo:he noticed on my I20 I had submitted the company of my father as the bank statement then asked who is this?
Me: it's the company of my father and we do this and this
Vo: do you work for this company
Me: yes
Vo: when did you finish high school
Me: 2016
vo:what have you been doing after graduation
Me: due to this covid19 I wasn't able to come home then took a short course I was in INDIA
vo: started typing fast then said come pick your passport on this day
Me: he didn't ask for another documents I was soooo
Happy another thing I can say please dress properly before going my mum is the one who pic

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AbduljabarAjoke(f): 9:37pm On Oct 12, 2021
Hello gurus in the house.
Please can you help me with universities that gives funding based on high GRE scores?
310 and above…please don’t scroll pass
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adedapomola1993: 9:49pm On Oct 12, 2021
Thanks boss
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 12:03am On Oct 13, 2021
latosolorunwa:
Hello guys,
I need your help on this following items:
1. How much is savis fee?
2. What are the likely questions for f1 visa.

1. $359.9

2. The VO is only interested in 3 things.

Question 1. You are really going there to study, and you are qualified to do so.
Question 2. You will return after your academic program.
Question 3. You can afford the program.
*all questions asked are often linked to the three things outlined above.

*Likely Questions*
1.Why did you choose X university? - This answers question 1.
Keep your answer short and impactful, say something specific about the university (link it to yourself) and be honest. They can also ask this question in the form of "Why are you studying in the US?”.
*Note*: They can also ask specific questions about your school or city, especially if you give the impression that you are familiar with them.

2. How many universities did you apply to? - Be honest here, it also helps to answer question 1. You might also use the answer to this to answer the “Why did you choose X university?” question by saying why you chose X school over the other option(s).

3. Who is sponsoring you? - This answers question 3.
Follow up questions might follow, they will address:
a. Your relationship to the sponsor.
b. Their financial capability (This is often asked in the form of "what does your sponsor do?"wink.
c. The sponsor’s willingness to sponsor you .
Give them any documents requested, you can make your sponsor write a letter to the embassy and take it along.

4. How many siblings do you have? - It answers question 3.
If you have siblings (or if your sponsor has kids), they will consider how much it will take to take care of them while they are evaluating the financial documents. A follow-up question can be "what do your siblings do?".
This can also be a form of home-tie and it answers question 2.

5. Do you have any relatives in the US? - This is for Question 2.
Be truthful! They are likely to have this information in their records. People with close relatives in the US are somewhat likely to stay behind.
However, this is not a criteria and they'll ask something else to investigate further.

6. Why don't you do this course in your country? - This answers number 1 and 2 simultaneously. Coming up with an honest and convincing answer to this should not be hard.

7. What will you do after you complete your program? - This answers question 2.
The VO wants to know if the purpose of your visit is to stay back in the US or study temporarily.
You can also propose how you can use what you learn to benefit yourself (or the society) in Nigeria.
Remember! you are applying for a temporary non-immigrant visa; not a work or "live in America" visa. Do not suggest to the VO that you plan to stay back, it is not a good look.

* The VO might also try to gist with you and ask for other details. Gist back and smile with them, be comfortable, tell a joke (if you can) and flow well.

The interview moves very fast, and it is a short process. No shaking!

Good luck!

23 Likes 11 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iamkingjudah: 1:23am On Oct 13, 2021
Helkayklassic:
I applied and got admitted but the app fee was waived when i did. You can check if you can get it waived.

Please how do you confirm if the fee can be waived?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laee(m): 3:21am On Oct 13, 2021
Hi, guys in the States. Pls, does anyone know how to go about passport Renewal in Atlanta, Washington, or NY which one seems faster?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 3:40am On Oct 13, 2021
Laee:
Hi, guys in the States. Pls, does anyone know how to go about passport Renewal in Atlanta, Washington, or NY which one seems faster?

Washington is faster than others.. a friend initiated in February and got it in july. But they lost his initial passport.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 6:36am On Oct 13, 2021
By mailing your program grad cord, ask him about your chances of admission and funding then lowkey slide it in if it can be waived. He will let you know.

iamkingjudah:

Please how do you confirm if the fee can be waived?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rihanat24: 7:42am On Oct 13, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am trying to use where I currently work as my sponsor. It is a group of company with branches in UK, Dubai, Delaware and Nigeria. Do you think it is advisable to use them as my sponsor? And any tip(s) that can help me would be appreciated.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by seansifo(m): 9:01am On Oct 13, 2021
Greetings @ all,

I want to apply for a Master Degree in any University in Georgia (Atlanta more preferably) but not sure of how to go about it.

I finished with a 2:2 in a state University

I'll start with my passport processing next Monday.

Please which documents do I need to have at hand to start my admission process.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lovethchisom(f): 10:51am On Oct 13, 2021
Good morning guys

January 14th 2022 date is available for Abuja.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by House34: 11:09am On Oct 13, 2021
Please when can expendite appointment be request if Start of class is 9 january,program start date 3 and earliest admision date december 4 on i20 ...please when can l request Expedited Appointment Based on the 60 days rule?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by seansifo(m): 11:41am On Oct 13, 2021
AbduljabarAjoke:
Hello gurus in the house.
Please can you help me with universities that gives funding based on high GRE scores?
310 and above…please don’t scroll pass
Thanks

Hello, Seansifo here,

Do you mind I ask you some questions regarding GRE?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gent2nice: 12:03pm On Oct 13, 2021
Well, I think the only issue is how you will convince the VO why the company would want to sponsor you. How long have you been with them and what they stand to benefit by sponsoring you. Like if the said study will be adding value to them etc.

Rihanat24:
Hi everyone,

I am trying to use where I currently work as my sponsor. It is a group of company with branches in UK, Dubai, Delaware and Nigeria. Do you think it is advisable to use them as my sponsor? And any tip(s) that can help me would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 12:25pm On Oct 13, 2021
seansifo:
Greetings @ all,

I want to apply for a Master Degree in any University in Georgia (Atlanta more preferably) but not sure of how to go about it.

I finished with a 2:2 in a state University

I'll start with my passport processing next Monday.

Please which documents do I need to have at hand to start my admission process.

Money and Time
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by learner007(m): 12:28pm On Oct 13, 2021
Someone you know might need this.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Marcusbuchi93: 12:28pm On Oct 13, 2021
Good Day All,

Am going for my second Visa Interview and nothing has really changed from the first one.

Question 1: Should this be a thing of concern to me?

Question 2: in my first interview, I used my Maternal Uncle as my Sponsor while filling the Ds160 form, but am considering using myself while filling the Ds160 form, hoping to tell the VO that my dad and Uncle already paid my fees into my account ( Will this boost my chances ?). However, my i20 still states that my sponsor is as follows Personal Funds $12,143 and Family Funds $36,430. However, the total cost of my study is $39,256 per year.

Kindly advice.

Please I really need support.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ookins: 12:32pm On Oct 13, 2021
Good morning everyone in the house.

I want to pursue a master degree in an American university but I have no idea of how to go about it. My sponsor is an American citizen is her 80s. All she told me was to search for a near by university in Georgia (where she stays) and apply and she'll pay the application fee.

Apart from the online application, what else do I need to put in place.

I graduated with a second lower; hope am good to go?
Should I apply for fall, spring or summer?
Do I need to take GRE?
Do I need to toefl?

Please I need assistance on how to go about it because am confused
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ookins: 12:43pm On Oct 13, 2021
Marcusbuchi93:
Good Day All,

Am going for my second Visa Interview and nothing has really changed from the first one.

Question 1: Should this be a thing of concern to me?

Question 2: in my first interview, I used my Maternal Uncle as my Sponsor while filling the Ds160 form, but am considering using myself while filling the Ds160 form, hoping to tell the VO that my dad and Uncle already paid my fees into my account ( Will this boost my chances ?). However, my i20 still states that my sponsor is as follows Personal Funds $12,143 and Family Funds $36,430. However, the total cost of my study is $39,256 per year.

Kindly advice.

Please I really need support.

Mr. Marcus, please I can get your contact please. I want to apply for F1 visa but have no idea on how to go about it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 1:01pm On Oct 13, 2021
ookins:

Please I need assistance on how to go about it because am confused
PM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 1:22pm On Oct 13, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by queenette209(f): 1:52pm On Oct 13, 2021
Good afternoon everyone, i want to make an enquiry.
I got February as my interview date, but the resumption date is January 13th, earliest date is December 11th, do i need to wait 60 days to December 11th, or January 13th before i request for an emergency appointment (interview).

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iamkingjudah: 3:50pm On Oct 13, 2021
Helkayklassic:
By mailing your program grad cord, ask him about your chances of admission and funding then lowkey slide it in if it can be waived. He will let you know.

Thank you very much!

(1) (2) (3) ... (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.