Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644020 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tasho105(m): 2:51pm On Oct 25, 2021
Am still awaiting your contributions to this, pls help.a.bro.

I'm interested in a master's program in management to boost my career.
I'm in my late 40s, have HND and BSc in Economics.
I'm applying for spring admission.

My question: considering my age, do I have a chance of getting admission in US?
...and what's my chance of getting f1 visa?

Thanks as I await your response

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pamelayoung: 3:07pm On Oct 25, 2021
Renashelly:
Good morning everyone. Pls I want to know if I am supposed to pay sevis fee for my dependent ( my daughter, she is 4yrs). I have payed mine. But I don’t know if I am supposed to pay for my child too because she was given a Sevis number.

No you're not paying sevis fee for dependents only visa fee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 4:31pm On Oct 25, 2021
HazelCanny:

But the address says Lugbe... which is a satellite town outside the central district area... has anyone here used this hotel?

I have. It is just #150 trans fare from the hotel bus/stop to the embassy. Just enter taxi going to Area 10 and they will stop you at the embassy.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 4:32pm On Oct 25, 2021
Mickeybook:
#700 on bolt for transportation

I dont know about bolt cus I didn't use it when I lodged there. I used taxi which was #150
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HDwayne: 4:35pm On Oct 25, 2021
Hello gurus in the house. I have few questions and please i would love to get prompt responses to them. Thank you all....

I'm filling my ds-160 for a MBA degree in USA. I actually graduated from a university in Cotonou, Benin Rep, my certificate and transcripts was translated in uni of Ibadan and also evaluated by the Fed Ministry of Education Abuja. While i was applying to the school i mentioned that i graduated from a uni in Cotonou Benin Rep but i submitted my translated certificate and transcripts (uni of Ibadan) to the school. Is it advisable i fill university of Ibadan or the school i graduated from in Cotonou, Benin rep in my ds-160 ?.

The program will begin on the 19th of January 2022 but i can't find an interview date for Dec 2021 or even first week of Jan 2022 yet, can i pick any date now then i can request for an emergency ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 4:41pm On Oct 25, 2021
tasho105:
Am still awaiting your contributions to this, pls help.a.bro.

I'm interested in a master's program in management to boost my career.
I'm in my late 40s, have HND and BSc in Economics.
I'm applying for spring admission.

My question: considering my age, do I have a chance of getting admission in US?
...and what's my chance of getting f1 visa?

Thanks as I await your response

For me, I think age doesn't matter if you are going for MSC and not for another BSC. You do have a chance of getting admission and Visa if you meet the neccessary requirements which age is not one of them.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 4:47pm On Oct 25, 2021
BARISTAMandela:

You MUST tell them If they ask you, if they don't, then no need to say anything, if you lie about it, you visa will definitely be denied.

Hehehehe... how will they know that you lied about it when you didn't mention it anywhere that you have a sibling. If you haven't mentioned it before on your DS160 that you have a sibling there, they won't know bro.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oofay: 5:27pm On Oct 25, 2021
I don't know about this o.
He doesn't have to mention on his Ds160 if she didn't put their parents' name anywhere on her Ds160. Would have said ordinarily that people bear same names like the northerners, Koreans and indians but the possibility that his parents have the same names, phone number and addresses of the same parents his sister used on Ds160? I dunno if it'll pop up somehow.
Best bet is to prepare for that question strategically as per if she's there legally and his parents have funds enough for them both.
That's my two cent

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Johnadu: 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2021
Please house, i need someone to do mock interview with me. I'm begging �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HazelCanny: 6:26pm On Oct 25, 2021
BARISTAMandela:

Don't try it, it's a bit far and traffic prone in the morning. You better add 2- 3 k for a hotel in Area 1, 2, 3 or 10, try Power Mike in Garki Area 1.

Good luck.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HazelCanny: 6:40pm On Oct 25, 2021
ObodoNaija:

I have. It is just #150 trans fare from the hotel bus/stop to the embassy. Just enter taxi going to Area 10 and they will stop you at the embassy.

Ok thanks... pls when did you lodge there?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HazelCanny: 6:47pm On Oct 25, 2021
HazelCanny:
PLS KINDLY CRITIC MY TRANSCRIPT AND PROFER SUITABLE ANSWERS WHEN NECESSARY.THANKS

Me ; Gd morning ma'am
Vo ; pass me your docs
Me: Here they are( handing over my passport and i20
Vo; Why are you going to the U.S.?
Me; I am going to the USA for my Msc in Information technology at VA University
Vo: How many schools did u apply to and how many gave u admits?
Me: I applied to 3 schools.
VA University,UNC, UNT Denton.
2 admitted me UNC and VA University.have not gotten a response yet from UNTD.
VO; Why VA University?
Me: well I chose VA University
because of its recognition as one of the best in IT education with courses relevant to my career goals such as cyber security and project management for IT...in addition to all these I had a generous Assistantship from VA
VO: who is funding your program?
Me: I have a GA from VA for ........ which covers Tuition,living expenses and stipends..but I have a deficit of $2,300 which I will be self funding. However,my brother has stated his willingness to support me if need be.( I have his bank statement with me.
Vo: What do you do?
Me: I am the Head HR/COMPLIANCE of an IT firm in Lagos..........LIMITED
Vo: What does your company do?
Me; we are into sales,repairs,installation of computers,Servers for clients.
Vo; how many staff are employed in the company?
Me,): we have 15 staff in the company excluding cleaners and Security guards...they are outsourced.
VO; Why this course(
Me: To tell you the truth Information Technology firms have a preference for Lawyers knowledgeable in the field of IT...with interest in risks and compliance..I consider myself a tech lawyer with over 8years of experience in IT...it has become necessary to advance my skills in the field with focus on risks,compliance and cyber Security.AlI these courses have become part of the practice of law.
Vo; Are u married?
Me: Yes I am
VO; Would your husband be joining you?
Me; Not at all...however 2 years is a long time to be seperated from family..so he will most likely be visiting
Vo; do u have kids?
Me; yes ..a son...he is in 2nd yr medical school at the University here in Nigeria
Vo; Would your son be joining you?
Me: No he won't...he is busy in school...most likely for a visit.
Vo; What does your husband do?
Me; he is a LP practising in Lagos
VO ; Why is your husband not sponsoring you?
Me; He is spending a lot already taking care of the family and providing our needs. So at this moment he is not financially capable to do so
Vo; What are your job responsibilities?
Me: I ensure that my company bla bla bla
Vo; What would you do after you graduate.
Me; With an advanced skill in IT evidenced in my certificate...I will come back to Nigeria and take up top position as a tech lawyer in NITDA....a parastatal in the FG

Vo( hands me the white paper) I am granting you the visa.

House ...pls can a married woman use self and Brother as sponsor for a deficit...if husband's account is not weighty enough?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BARISTAMandela(m): 7:23pm On Oct 25, 2021
ObodoNaija:

Hehehehe... how will they know that you lied about it when you didn't mention it anywhere that you have a sibling. If you haven't mentioned it before on your DS160 that you have a sibling there, they won't know bro.

What are you saying? Don't you have a surname? didn't you input important details like your mother's maiden name? What did you think those where for?
Mehm..do whatever suits you though! What do I know.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibekej: 8:02pm On Oct 25, 2021
Duisburg:
Guys, you can try emergency appointment for Abuja. They are approving.
what date where you given when you applied for the EA.....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by littleben: 8:38pm On Oct 25, 2021
[quote author=littleben post=107017576]Helo fams. Am really new here. I have applied for Aan MBA program in Cambridge college USA. I will pls like to knw about the visa application stage especially as it concerns proof of funds. I have a family frnd as a sponsor and has provided his bank statement as proof. But the bank statements ends in august 2021 and i will b applying for visa by feb. Is that the right course of action? Or is the bank statement to b recent i.e last 3 months. Lastly, must there be funds in d bank acct?
Pls i desperately need answers to this question. Am so confused [am still waiting fr an answer pls]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 8:55pm On Oct 25, 2021
Omotola222:
Hello guys please I would like to know if using my Uncle in the USA has my sponsor won’t be a red flag… tho hus the one who wants to sponsor me throughout the schooling process he his a police officer ... willing to drop his US bank statement account and any other documents I would be needing in the process.
Am applying to 2 schools 1 in Vienna very close to Maryland and the one is in Maryland..

Pls note my Uncle stays in Maryland ..

Thanks
nobody can say if its a red flag for sure
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 9:00pm On Oct 25, 2021
Johnadu:
Please house, i need someone to do mock interview with me. I'm begging �
hey , send me an email
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by itoski(m): 9:09pm On Oct 25, 2021
Duisburg:
Guys, you can try?emergency appointment for Abuja. They are approving.
Please what are the documents required to upload?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by joesa: 10:18pm On Oct 25, 2021
Good evening,

My sister and her husband have a PR application file with Canada. My information is included in her application as her sibling.
Will that affect my f1 visa application and interview since US and Canada share information between themselves?

Thanks for your responses.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 11:06pm On Oct 25, 2021
itoski:

Please what are the documents required to upload?
I-20 and sevis fee. You can also add your admission letter.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by itoski(m): 12:21am On Oct 26, 2021
Duisburg:

I-20 and sevis fee. You can also add your admission letter.
Thanks for the swift feedback.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IvannahG: 2:11am On Oct 26, 2021
Hello house,

Please does anyone have any information about this. I’m in a similar case and not sure what to do because my brother who’s supposed to be my sponsor lives in the same city as my school.

Another alternative for me would be to use my fiancé as my sponsor instead although currently on my DS 160 it states Self as sponsor but I intend to update that once I have a better idea where I should lean towards. I know both options aren’t ideal but which is less problematic would you guys say.

Please I would really appreciate any feedback

ritsy02:
Please if my sponsor is in US (my brother), can he provide proof of funds for me? What are the chances of my visa getting approved when they know my sponsor is not in Nigeria?

P/S: He went there through Masters, but he is already a citizen and he is working.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by papyne001: 4:09am On Oct 26, 2021
Appointment is available in lagos as at now. Check it out guys if you're interested

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 7:17am On Oct 26, 2021
IvannahG:

Send DM.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dajobi: 10:05am On Oct 26, 2021
If you are denied an emergency appointment in Lagos, will you be able to request for an emergency appointment in Abuja again? If not, can you still be able to scout for normal appointment just like you could before you requested for emergency
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by godguy: 10:06am On Oct 26, 2021
papyne001:
Appointment is available in lagos as at now. Check it out guys if you're interested

what date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 10:39am On Oct 26, 2021
IvannahG:
Hello house,

Please does anyone have any information about this. I’m in a similar case and not sure what to do because my brother who’s supposed to be my sponsor lives in the same city as my school.

Another alternative for me would be to use my fiancé as my sponsor instead although currently on my DS 160 it states Self as sponsor but I intend to update that once I have a better idea where I should lean towards. I know both options aren’t ideal but which is less problematic would you guys say.

if you can, avoid using a sponsor who lives in the same city as your school.

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.