Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,098 members, 7,828,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (538) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1654718 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 2:28pm On Oct 27, 2021
Okay. Thanks alot, this would help.
Sharonte:

You need not worry about your pregnancy showing. Had a friend who was approved with 8months pregnancy during COVID. The most important thing is you being able to defend that you have explored all the support options for you to navigate the graduate school (check the delivery system in your intended state, creches/daycare, during your education. Have you checked with your school to know about the delivery options, and pre-natal care services etc. If you intend going with your husband, thats fine, present him as he will be coming to support you while you study. You may want to have extra funds to cater for yourself too.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fescoblack(m): 2:54pm On Oct 27, 2021
Good afternoon house, I have been following this thread for long, now it time for it to concern me , I have sent my transcript and every document needed for admission. But someone advices me to go and apply for my visa ahead so it would with up with time when the admission comes out. Please house how much is F1 Visa cost , who paid of recent for his or hers
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by anutioluwa1: 3:30pm On Oct 27, 2021
Please add me to the group. This is my whatsapp number 08165384330. Thanks in advance.

Vahn:
what kind of questions is this?? What portals do people apply from? Is it jamb? Cant you research on the schools you would want to study in respect to your course of choice? Have you tried reading from page one till now? Or old threads You people never want to start yourself, you will just dump what you think here and expect someone to pick it up for you and tell you what to do from A to Z.

If you dont know most of the people here today are looking for Visa, LIKE VISA.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by megbaba: 3:38pm On Oct 27, 2021
Thanks for this hint. This what I want to know. In case there is a group please add my number.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nues012(m): 3:45pm On Oct 27, 2021
Oluchi2020:
those of you that deferred your admission from fall to spring did you edit your ds-160 form when you got your new I-20 and how did you do it

I didn’t edit, I filled another form

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by deolubajo: 3:59pm On Oct 27, 2021
Thanks bro. I wish you all the best with your interview in Lagos.
ObodoNaija:

Congratulations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dakosta911: 4:05pm On Oct 27, 2021
M

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sourkandi: 4:12pm On Oct 27, 2021
Fescoblack:
Good afternoon house, I have been following this thread for long, now it time for it to concern me , I have sent my transcript and every document needed for admission. But someone advices me to go and apply for my visa ahead so it would with up with time when the admission comes out. Please house how much is F1 Visa cost , who paid of recent for his or hers

@Fescoblack you cannot apply for an F-1 visa without admission because during the application you will need to fill in your sevis number which is something you cannot get without getting admitted into a school in the US. So just pray that you get accepted, get your I-20, pay your sevis fee, fill the ds-160 and apply for a visa. I wish you good luck.
The visa fee is #67,200.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 4:43pm On Oct 27, 2021
deolubajo:
Thanks bro. I wish you all the best with your interview in Lagos.

Amen. Thanks a lot
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 4:44pm On Oct 27, 2021
jamess32:

can you pls add me to the whatsapp group so as to get update when date is available. my number is 07037658729

I dont belong to any WhatsApp group that gives update on available dates.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2021
Chynwem:
Please guys can I use an uncle's statement of account although we don't have same name for my US application?

Yes you can.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lokoventurex1(m): 5:35pm On Oct 27, 2021
domex007:
Hey guys!!!
Happy to see that this waxing strong ��
Shoutout to y’all for helping and learning from each other.
I want to use this opportunity to encourage my fellow youths.
A quick reminder of my visa struggle;
Got denied student visa in 2013, 2014, 2015 denied Canadian visa in 2016 and German visa 2016. I got admission to yaba tech and started my business on the side. Against all odds, I applied for US visa in 2018 and was approved after answering a zillion questions with a very calm face and a face that hoped for the worse.

I’m in New Jersey and will be graduating in December.

God has been with me through all my struggles in America.

It can only be God guys. I hope this helps someone on here.
Keep the faith and keep grinding.
God bless America
I am Super happy for you bro. May the Lord continue to be with you and see you through.

I'm interested more in your story because of the Yabatech you mentioned.

They call me Domido in school then. I left in 2015. Do you've an idea? I'll be getting to you on the NL gmail message invite though..

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fescoblack(m): 7:49pm On Oct 27, 2021
sourkandi:

@Fescoblack you cannot apply for an F-1 visa without admission because during the application you will need to fill in your sevis number which is something you cannot get without getting admitted into a school in the US. So just pray that you get accepted, get your I-20, pay your sevis fee, fill the ds-160 and apply for a visa. I wish you good luck.
The visa fee is #67,200.

Ohhh, so precise and short, I do appreciate , I would quote you back, when I get admitted. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Esekells: 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2021
We can open our own group for appointment dates in Abuja. Interested?

jamess32:

can you pls add me to the whatsapp group so as to get update when date is available. my number is 07037658729
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sourkandi: 9:32pm On Oct 27, 2021
Fescoblack:

Ohhh, so precise and short, I do appreciate , I would quote you back, when I get admitted. Thanks

Glad I could help. I pray you quote me back with good news.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fescoblack(m): 10:35pm On Oct 27, 2021
sourkandi:

Glad I could help. I pray you quote me back with good news.
But boss, a friend of mine currently in the state said, I could actually pick a date ahead before the admission. And It wouldn't involve me filing in any admission details .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sourkandi: 5:54am On Oct 28, 2021
Fescoblack:
But boss, a friend of mine currently in the state said, I could actually pick a date ahead before the admission. And It wouldn't involve me filing in any admission details .

Boss, I haven't heard of such procedure concerning an F-1 visa. Be careful so you don't jeopardize the whole process.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 6:18am On Oct 28, 2021
sourkandi:

Boss, I haven't heard of such procedure concerning an F-1 visa. Be careful so you don't jeopardize the whole process.
But I'm curious to know, how are these agents able do it? Like, how do they get dates to sell?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Emmanuelkanayo1(m): 6:56am On Oct 28, 2021
Ayooluwa45:
Hello guys,i got admission into two schools in US,but i was asked show proof of fund to send me the i20 form..My question what do i need to do regarding getting GA or funding?

Also i have an uncle who is willing to help regarding statement of acct,but is it advisable to study in US without funding and how easy will it be to get funds or GA or job to pay tuition peradventure i get visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shanid(m): 7:01am On Oct 28, 2021
bukhety:

But I'm curious to know, how are these agents able do it? Like, how do they get dates to sell?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmmanuelBlaze04: 7:09am On Oct 28, 2021
smileyOh
I have found that out after posting this. And, thanks for the contribution
Vahn:
what kind of questions is this?? What portals do people apply from? Is it jamb? Cant you research on the schools you would want to study in respect to your course of choice? Have you tried reading from page one till now? Or old threads You people never want to start yourself, you will just dump what you think here and expect someone to pick it up for you and tell you what to do from A to Z.

If you dont know most of the people here today are looking for Visa, LIKE VISA.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 7:51am On Oct 28, 2021
Good day all, since its necessary I go with my husband as I'm pregnant , but we want to mail them to know if he can be given a temporary work permit in order not to be idle , coz he is going to resign from his work to go with me. My lectures are twice in a week and in the evening, then the assistantship (not daily also). Is it possible for them give him a work permit?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ayooluwa45: 8:07am On Oct 28, 2021
Good day guys..did anyone here apply to Sam Houston state University or has been admitted to the school.. Pls signify.. thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sourkandi: 8:26am On Oct 28, 2021
Chynwem:
Good day all, since its necessary I go with my husband as I'm pregnant , but we want to mail them to know if he can be given a temporary work permit in order not to be idle , coz he is going to resign from his work to go with me. My lectures are twice in a week and in the evening, then the assistantship (not daily also). Is it possible for them give him a work permit?

Is your husband going as a dependent, that is on an F-2 visa? If so, he cannot work while in the states.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gent2nice: 8:46am On Oct 28, 2021
From what I know, no way! F2 can't work legally in the US
And it is not advisable he quits his job, infact VO must not hear that. What can be considered is he can obtain leave. Then madam, if the visa clicks through, it does not necessarily mean husband enters the plane with you and stay throughout your study period. He can be visiting...
Others can contribute sa

Chynwem:

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kaygirl33: 9:50am On Oct 28, 2021
Chynwem:
If your husband is going as your dependent i.e. F2, please and please, never you mention that he is going there to work. That would be an outright visa refusal. He is not permitted by law to work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IvannahG: 9:52am On Oct 28, 2021
Hi house, please I’ll like to make Sevis payment urgently. How do I contact @Walspring?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 10:31am On Oct 28, 2021
Thank you all for the answers. I'm so grateful.

Please is there anyone with an offer in University of Texas RioGrande Valley here?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ayooze(m): 11:25am On Oct 28, 2021
Is it possible to us a PGD degree with distinction to get admission and some level of scholarship in usa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Svelte98(f): 12:10pm On Oct 28, 2021

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Svelte98(f): 12:15pm On Oct 28, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: Adeore15 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.