Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,096 members, 7,818,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (555) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1645860 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jettybay: 11:10am On Nov 07, 2021
Asiwaju101:
Hello everyone good evening
Trust we all had a good day.

Pls who have a format of an AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT,
Pls it’s urgently needed
Thanks

Most time the school do provide theirs, else it’s instructed to get an affidavit from bank/court.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adesco2k9: 11:42am On Nov 07, 2021
angryPls anyone who have paid for visa interview , how much is it now ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatajo(m): 11:49am On Nov 07, 2021
Imagine getting delayed and still saw that your passport is with the embassy

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BECskills: 11:49am On Nov 07, 2021
Good Morning Gurus and everyone out here doing a great job.

My appointment confirmation number reads the DS160 number from my 1st Appointment which was in October, 2021 and it differs from what is on my current DS160.

How do I go about fixing it, my 2nd appointment is scheduled for December, 2021.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BECskills: 11:51am On Nov 07, 2021
Hello,

Visa is 67,200 NGN

adesco2k9:
angryPls anyone who have paid for visa interview , how much is it now ?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 12:02pm On Nov 07, 2021
BECskills:
Good Morning Gurus and everyone out here doing a great job.

My appointment confirmation number reads the DS160 number from my 1st Appointment which was in October, 2021 and it differs from what is on my current DS160.

How do I go about fixing it, my 2nd appointment is scheduled for December, 2021.

Thank you.
Log in to your cgi page, click update profile, input the new DS-160 Confirmation number. Submit.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 12:03pm On Nov 07, 2021
Greatajo:
was your passport seized after the interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatajo(m): 12:07pm On Nov 07, 2021
It wasn’t seized neither was it collected.
beejhay69:
was your passport seized after the interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chineduisaac(m): 12:17pm On Nov 07, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Highzhikk: 12:25pm On Nov 07, 2021
I think it's normal. My CGI portal remained the same for like 2 weeks after I was refused under section 221g and my passport given back to me, it disappeared later. The best way to check your case status is to use the Ceac tracker
Greatajo:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hackalvin: 1:06pm On Nov 07, 2021
Potbellied:

The earth needs more of your kind. Thanks for the good gesture

Please brother I was denied visa application on 1nov and my school is starting 13jan from what they sent to me that I should resume school on or before 13jamuary but was denied visa can I reapply again to travel before then please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by imperiouxx(m): 1:09pm On Nov 07, 2021
beejhay69:

Chai! shocked
Rock of Ages! Nice hearing from you again. cool

Yea, my brother. Hope everything going smoothly?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by imperiouxx(m): 1:12pm On Nov 07, 2021
Hackalvin:

Please brother I was denied visa application on 1nov and my school is starting 13jan from what they sent to me that I should resume school on or before 13jamuary but was denied visa can I reapply again to travel before then please

You can always reapply for a visa. Mind you, you can only enter the U.S any day from Dec 13 if you get the visa. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by deolubajo: 1:19pm On Nov 07, 2021
Hello bro. Please all through your 60 days wait back then, was your case status on the Ceac tracker updated at anytime in between the wait or it was only updated when your visa was finally approved?
Highzhikk:
I think it's normal. My CGI portal remained the same for like 2 weeks after I was refused under section 221g and my passport given back to me, it disappeared later. The best way to check your case status is to use the Ceac tracker
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Highzhikk: 1:33pm On Nov 07, 2021
No, it was never updated. It later changed from "Refused" to "Administrative processing" when they called that they were ready to Issue Visa
deolubajo:
Hello bro. Please all through your 60 days wait back then, was your case status on the Ceac tracker updated at anytime in between the wait or it was only updated when your visa was finally approved?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sourkandi: 1:37pm On Nov 07, 2021
Greatnnamdi:
Please Is emergency request and expedited request for US F1- student visa appointment same and how long will it take to get response from the embassy.

Thanks.

Yes, they mean the same thing. Response wait times differ,mine took a day but in some cases it can be as long as a week. If it's taking too long you can try emailing them.
I hope this helps!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Keren12: 1:59pm On Nov 07, 2021
Good day friends and family, I really need help on how to start my face of usa study move. I have been refused Canada 3 times. One on a visit, two on study. But I feel like trying usa. I studied Mechanical Engineering with cgpa of 3.09/5 in 2015. I have been working as a supervisor in a telecom company for years now. I wan to study Engineering Management for master's. How do I go about it? Please I need advice on this move.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by deolubajo: 2:01pm On Nov 07, 2021
Okay bro. My visa got approved almost two weeks ago but I have not gotten my passport back yet. My CEAC status is presently showing administrative processing and my case status was last updated on the date of the interview. No document requested yet too. So I am a bit confused.
Highzhikk:
No, it was never updated. It later changed from "Refused" to "Administrative processing" when they called that they were ready to Issue Visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 2:27pm On Nov 07, 2021
Wow. Imperioxx, boss of all bosses.

If you didn’t drink Imperiouxx beer then, your approved visa is not genuine cheesy. Good to hear from you again.

imperiouxx:
It's been awhile here. Good to see the thread still going strong. Lots of new members/students. Justwise , keep up the good work of maintaining this thread.

Success to you all.

Cheers!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatnnamdi: 2:33pm On Nov 07, 2021
sourkandi:

Yes, they mean the same thing. Response wait times differ,mine took a day but in some cases it can be as long as a week. If it's taking too long you can try emailing them.
I hope this helps!

Please which email link will I send message to, please assist.

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BECskills: 2:36pm On Nov 07, 2021
Tsunami blessings hit you Sir

beejhay69:
Log in to your cgi page, click update profile, input the new DS-160 Confirmation number. Submit.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by imperiouxx(m): 2:51pm On Nov 07, 2021
Helkayklassic:
Wow. Imperioxx, boss of all bosses.

If you didn’t drink Imperiouxx beer then, your approved visa is not genuine cheesy. Good to hear from you again.

grin grin How are you, my brother?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Highzhikk: 2:58pm On Nov 07, 2021
I think you should just chill, if they need anything they will contact you. It's a game of wait.
deolubajo:
Okay bro. My visa got approved almost two weeks ago but I have not gotten my passport back yet. My CEAC status is presently showing administrative processing and my case status was last updated on the date of the interview. No document requested yet too. So I am a bit confused.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BECskills: 3:06pm On Nov 07, 2021
Dear Guru's inhouse,

Once again thank you all for all that you do and keep doing.

How do one fill this section (work/training) on the ds160 form

- Have you belonged to, contributed to, or worked for any professional, social, or charitable organization?

Is it okay to fill organisations (social, religious, cultural, economic/business) where one has functioned as an investor, shareholder, member, volunteer, mentor etc?

Finally, considering our busy schedules, is anyone willing to review my ds160 form, I'd doubly appreciate it.

Once again thank you for your response in advance.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 07, 2021
Hackalvin:

imperiouxx has given you a reply and I think it is that's a fact. You should reapply bro. Hurry with it too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ayooluwa45: 3:32pm On Nov 07, 2021
Is there anyone here applying to US or has applied to US to study from Germany? Pls kindly reply me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sourkandi: 4:28pm On Nov 07, 2021
Greatnnamdi:

Please which email link will I send message to, please assist.

Thanks.

For all non-immigrant and student visas,email;

ConsularAbuja@state.gov
OR
LagosNIV@State.gov

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by grlzone(f): 5:02pm On Nov 07, 2021
Please is there anyone going to American university?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abijike5: 6:10pm On Nov 07, 2021
Hello everyone, Thank you all for your contributions, God bless you all.
Please I have some questions and I believe you guys would help out.

I got denied on August 17th and immediately payed and I got another date for February 9th 2022, I emailed the school immediately to defer my admission to Fall 2022 and they did. I messaged the school for my updated 1-20 so I can take it for my interview and they responded that I can’t go for an interview until 120 days before the start of my program and that they can’t issue a fall 2022 1-20 till February 2022,

My thought Is that I can go for my interview at any time, so far the visa only becomes valid once it’s 30 days to the beginning of my program, the possibility of me getting an updated 1-20 is low and meeting up with my interview date is important.

Please if my program start date is by Fall 2022, will I be able to go for my interview by early February considering it’s beyond 120 days to the start of my program.

I also don’t know how to explain to the school again that the updated 1-20 is important for my interview, I definitely cannot go with my previous 1-20.

Please you guys should give me suggestions on what to do…Thank you all
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 6:36pm On Nov 07, 2021
Fine boss. How are you and the family?

imperiouxx:

grin grin How are you, my brother?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sun1shyne: 7:41pm On Nov 07, 2021
Canada2021:
middle of October

Thanks for the response, but I'm curious. Did you mean you were admitted for Fall 2022 or Spring 2022?

(1) (2) (3) ... (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.