Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1656109 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 12:30pm On Nov 08, 2021
tmann626:
Visa Delayed today at Abuja Embassy
Kindly critic and advise me. Thanks
Apply for a direct Msc program.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kunlevski003(m): 12:32pm On Nov 08, 2021
Visa Delayed at Abuja.
Today 8th November
School: South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
Course: MSc Civil and Environmental Engineering
COA: 26k
No funding
Married with a daughter.
First Attempt

This is my transcript.

(White Caucasian male. Window 7)

VO: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning
Vo: Have you ever travelled Out before
Me: No. I have not travelled out before
Vo: Who is your sponsor
Me: My Mum
Vo: What does she do
Me: she is a wholesale distributor of Ankara fabrics in Lagos and other southwestern states of the country. She also runs a fashion school where she trains other young fashion designers.
VO: What do you do presently?
Me: I work as a structural engineer at *** company. I design and produce structural drawings for building projects and help manage building projects.
VO: Do you have any relative in US?
Me: No
VO: Okay. Sorry you do not qualify at the moment.

He then handed me the blue paper.

Really can't place my hands on the reason for the rejection. I thought to share so someone can learn and maybe anyone can pick out where I need to make some adjustments.

I gained a lot from people's experiences here. Thank you all and all the very best to everyone going for their interviews.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by samuel321: 12:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
[quote author=abijike5 post=107432652][/quote]

Fall 2022 resumes around August, 2022 and I doubt you’ll even be attended to at the embassy because the 120days rules will only begin to count starting from April.

You could have just deferred you admission to spring 2022 which resumes on January 2022 and will request for an EA 60days to your school start date. Even without requesting for the EA, dates will come up for you to reschedule, dates in Nov/Dec has been popping up once in a while since last month.

So even if your school sends you the fall 2022 I-20 today, you still won’t meet the 120days rule since fall semester resumes on August. It means you will have to reschedule to April upwards
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OlamideTosyn: 12:37pm On Nov 08, 2021
Good afternoon sire and mas, I am new here, I need some further guidance
I have been reading things online before my search brought me here. I am a graduate of English literature of Ekiti State University and I have been looking at schools online. I have fond western Illinois University and Washington University in St. Louise and am planning to apply soon. Please is there any body that is a student of any of the universities or is planning to apply that can help me look at my personal Statement.
I will really appreciate it sirs and mas. Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by samuel321: 12:44pm On Nov 08, 2021
kunlevski003:
Visa Delayed at Abuja.
Today 8th November
Course: Civil and Environmental Engineering
No funding
Married with a daughter.
First Attempt

This is my transcript.

Me: she is a wholesale distributor of Ankara fabrics in Lagos and other southwestern states of the country. She also runs a fashion school where she trains other young fashion designers.
Me: I work as a structural engineer at *** company. I design and produce structural drawings for building projects and help manage building projects.

Really can't place my hands on the reason for the rejection. I thought to share so someone can learn and maybe anyone can pick out where I need to make some adjustments.

Thank you. All the best to everyone going for their interviews.

There’s nothing wrong with this transcript, I think the vo already made up his mind to deny you the moment you said you haven’t travelled out of the country before. It seems the vo’s in Abuja now take that travel history very serious now. You can reapply and hope for the best.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2021
HDwayne:
Hello guys, i trust we are doing good. Pls guys i need to know if i need to attach my signed I-20 in order to request for an Emergency and do i date it (I-20) like few days before requesting for an emergency ? Pls guys i need your help.

Not necessarily signed but you'll need to attach your I-20, ds160 confirmation page and sevisfee payment confirmation to your emergency request letter.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tmann626(m): 12:59pm On Nov 08, 2021
beejhay69:

Apply for a direct Msc program.
I got a full admission into another institution. Should I change to it? What about the siblings stuff? Should I declare it in my new ds 160 form?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nozino: 1:09pm On Nov 08, 2021
Hanat04:
Hello everyone
please if I filled that I wasn’t employed in my previous DS160 and I was interviewed today 8th of November and I I want to fill another DS-160 for reapplication can I say that I’ve been employed since 2019.

Do they have records of it.

Kindly answer ��

Have you been employed since 2019 or not?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 1:19pm On Nov 08, 2021
tmann626:
I got a full admission into another institution. Should I change to it? What about the siblings stuff? Should I declare it in my new ds 160 form?
You should have gone with the Msc admission. (4ur oda Q, no put m)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lifeofgolden1: 1:22pm On Nov 08, 2021
Hmmmmmmmmmm!
It seems the Korean dude is on a rampage today.
The same pattern of questions!
Make we lie?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, the guy matter don turn to case study.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 1:24pm On Nov 08, 2021
OlamideTosyn:
Good afternoon sire and mas, I am new here, I need some further guidance
I have been reading things online before my search brought me here. I am a graduate of English literature of Ekiti State University and I have been looking at schools online. I have fond western Illinois University and Washington University in St. Louise and am planning to apply soon. Please is there any body that is a student of any of the universities or is planning to apply that can help me look at my personal Statement.

I will really appreciate it sirs and mas. Thanks a bunch!

Send me a PM.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 1:32pm On Nov 08, 2021
Hanat04:
Hello everyone
please if I filled that I wasn’t employed in my previous DS160 and I was interviewed today 8th of November and I I want to fill another DS-160 for reapplication can I say that I’ve been employed since 2019.

Do they have records of it.

Kindly answer ��

Yes they do have the record. Stick to the info you provided.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tmann626(m): 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2021
beejhay69:
You should have gone with the Msc admission. (4ur oda Q, no put m)
The admission decision came very late. I have already scheduled interview for this one
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tmann626(m): 1:48pm On Nov 08, 2021
kunlevski003:
Visa Delayed at Abuja.
Today 8th November
No funding
Married with a daughter.
First Attempt

This is my transcript.

Me: I work as a structural engineer at *** company. I design and produce structural drawings for building projects and help manage building
lol. It was the same guy that interviewed me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kunlevski003(m): 1:55pm On Nov 08, 2021
tmann626:
lol. It was the same guy that interviewed me

Really? Interesting. I left confused as I read the blue paper.
It is well.
Try again, my brother. We will not give up.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tmann626(m): 1:58pm On Nov 08, 2021
kunlevski003:

Really? Interesting. I left confused as I read the blue paper.
It is well.
Try again, my brother. We will not give up.
I will try again.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 2:22pm On Nov 08, 2021
tmann626:
The admission decision came very late.
Alright. Let them know about that during your next interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HDwayne: 2:30pm On Nov 08, 2021
Thank you very much.
AsiwajuAfo001:

Not necessarily signed but you'll need to attach your I-20, ds160 confirmation page and sevisfee payment confirmation to your emergency request letter.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JamesNneoma: 2:31pm On Nov 08, 2021
AsiwajuAfo001:

Yes, apply for emergency appointment asap, attach your I-20, ds160 confirmation page and sevisfee payment. You can add assistantship letter too. Let the content of your letter be concise

Good day, please i am having similar issues, my start date is 18th January 2022 while the available dates are from May 2022. Can i start applying for emergency now or wait till i enter the 60 days? Please i would appreciate your response, i am a bit confused now. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HDwayne: 2:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
Okay. Thanks so much.
Ymuna:
send it like that, you don't have to sign it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HDwayne: 2:36pm On Nov 08, 2021
Okay. Thanks so much
Ymuna:
send it like that, you don't have to sign it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tmann626(m): 2:37pm On Nov 08, 2021
beejhay69:
Alright. Let them know about that during your next interview.
Thank you very much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JamesNneoma: 2:39pm On Nov 08, 2021
Wizzy4danny:
I’m also searching for appointments dates too. Right now I’m seeing September 2022 and my resumption is for spring (January 2022)��

PLEASE have you gotten a date and if yes, how did you do it. I am in same situation as yours.Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sfApase: 2:42pm On Nov 08, 2021
kunlevski003:
Visa Delayed at Abuja.
Today 8th November
No funding
Married with a daughter.
First Attempt

This is my transcript.

I gained a lot from people's experiences here. Thank you all and all the very best to everyone going for their interviews.

Since you've not gotten a travel history, they want you to have someone in America but preferably not residing in the state you want to school.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sfApase: 2:46pm On Nov 08, 2021
Please who have an idea of a school in America with a low tuition fee and offers scholarship as well. My brother needs one for masters in business administration. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Solanium: 3:08pm On Nov 08, 2021
For those that had their Visa interview at Abuja today, was the female VO present?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Beansguy: 3:31pm On Nov 08, 2021
Good afternoon everyone, I need someone to help me on this. My interview is on the 3rd of November 20201, but my SEVIS fee expires on the 27th of November 2021, do I need to pay another SEVIS fee?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Zoli: 3:39pm On Nov 08, 2021
JamesNneoma:

Good day, please i am having similar issues, my start date is 18th January 2022 while the available dates are from May 2022. Can i start applying for emergency now or wait till i enter the 60 days? Please i would appreciate your response, i am a bit confused now. Thanks

You can apply for emergency appointment now, my request got approved yesterday night and my start date is 31st of January.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by psychologyshuby: 3:51pm On Nov 08, 2021
That’s a lie.
sfApase:

Since you've not gotten a travel history, they want you to have someone in America but preferably not residing in the state you want to school.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tamad101(f): 4:26pm On Nov 08, 2021
The reason for your denial is pretty obvious; it's a clear case of misrepresentation. Better luck next time
tmann626:
Visa Delayed today at Abuja Embassy
School: UIS
Course: Management Information Systems ( Conditional Admission) Required to complete one course in Business Administration
COA: 35k
I will share my transcript so that people can learn and critic me.

Me: No . I never had any reason to travel out
Me: My Father
Vo: What does he do
Me: he is a businessman with investment in agriculture and real estate
VO: Farming??
Me: Yes and real estate business. He has a feed mill factory with over 100 staffs
Vo? what is your highest level of Education
Me: Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering
VO: " He checked my I-20 and asked why am i going for 2nd for second degree
Me: I explained to him that it is a master level but i was given conditional admission and according to US federal law which barred university from issuing master level i-20 for a conditional admission.
VO: Okay. Na so the guy carry give me the blue paper. Everything was going on well until he got to the relative in US ( Actually i have 2 siblings in US) but i didnt declare it in my DS 160. Kindly critic and advise me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 4:29pm On Nov 08, 2021
kunlevski003:
Visa Delayed at Abuja.
Today 8th November
No funding
Married with a daughter.
First Attempt

This is my transcript.

This is the Korean guy, once he asks these particular questions only, he has made up his mind not to give you even before you open your mouth, he plays squid game with visa, God in heaven will get hold of him... dont beat yourself up o

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 4:32pm On Nov 08, 2021
Lovethchisom:
Good morning all

After Visa refusal, do I need to fill a new DS160 to be able to reschedule a new appointment?
I tried scheduling an appointment, I am seeing February 2023, Should i schedule and apply for EA?

NB: My visa was refused on 3rd of November 2021
you chose “previously denied” on the portal right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.