Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,519 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (558) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1646134 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tamad101(f): 4:32pm On Nov 08, 2021
If you do not have anyone to help you over there, kindly send @walspring a PM. He's helped people here make the payment.
AlphaMilano:
Please brothers i want to pay for my SEVIS fee to enable me use the receipt for emergency appointment but i was meant to understand thatni cant pay it from nigeria here through western union in any local bank.. please i need urgent help on how i can pay for it as tomorrow is monday. Thank you all
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tmann626(m): 4:44pm On Nov 08, 2021
Tamad101:
The reason for your denial is pretty obvious; it's a clear case of misrepresentation. Better luck next time
How? please explain
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Johnred77: 5:18pm On Nov 08, 2021
apply now
JamesNneoma:

Good day, please i am having similar issues, my start date is 18th January 2022 while the available dates are from May 2022. Can i start applying for emergency now or wait till i enter the 60 days? Please i would appreciate your response, i am a bit confused now. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Keren12: 5:21pm On Nov 08, 2021
Good day friends and family, I really need help on how to start my face of usa study move. I have been refused Canada 3 times. One on a visit, two on study. But I feel like trying usa. I studied Mechanical Engineering with cgpa of 3.09/5 in 2015. I have been working as a supervisor in a telecom company for years now. I wan to study Engineering Management for master's. How do I go about it? Please I need advice on this move. Please someone should help me out on this abeg. Can I still get January intake? Can I get funding with this?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abijike5: 5:31pm On Nov 08, 2021
Thanks a lot for your advice, I actually deferred to Fall 2022 instead of spring because of the difficulty in getting an interview date, I was trying to play safe

beejhay69:
Hi.
Just reschedule your appointment to a date that falls within the 120days timeframe. You should have deferred to Spring session instead of Fall,2022.
Check the reschedule option and look out for any date in May. The school would send the I-20 before that time.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abijike5: 5:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
Thanks a lot for your response.

samuel321:

Fall 2022 resumes around August, 2022 and I doubt you’ll even be attended to at the embassy because the 120days rules will only begin to count starting from April.

You could have just deferred you admission to spring 2022 which resumes on January 2022 and will request for an EA 60days to your school start date. Even without requesting for the EA, dates will come up for you to reschedule, dates in Nov/Dec has been popping up once in a while since last month.

So even if your school sends you the fall 2022 I-20 today, you still won’t meet the 120days rule since fall semester resumes on August. It means you will have to reschedule to April upwards
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by toyobillz(m): 6:17pm On Nov 08, 2021
Hello guys! What’s your take about an uncle in the United state standing as your sponsor.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Beansguy: 6:31pm On Nov 08, 2021
Beansguy:
Good afternoon everyone, I need someone to help me on this. My interview is on the 3rd of November 20201, but my SEVIS fee expires on the 27th of November 2021, do I need to pay another SEVIS fee?

Pls I need an answer
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 6:46pm On Nov 08, 2021
sfApase:

Since you've not gotten a travel history, they want you to have someone in America but preferably not residing in the state you want to school.

This isn't valid.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by samuel321: 7:07pm On Nov 08, 2021
Beansguy:

Pls I need an answer

Your sevis fee is valid for 365days. If you paid on November 27th 2020. It expires on Nov 26 2021. Just count it that way
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Benswagg04: 7:14pm On Nov 08, 2021
[quote author=Zoli post=107438216]

Please is it for Abuja or Lagos? because my emergency request have been denied twice now for Abuja. That's after my Visa was denied September 10. Just joining the group.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Benswagg04: 7:16pm On Nov 08, 2021
Please is it for Abuja or Lagos? because my emergency request have been denied twice now for Abuja. That's after my Visa was denied September 10. Just joining the group.
Zoli:

You can apply for emergency appointment now, my request got approved yesterday night and my start date is 31st of January.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sun1shyne: 7:22pm On Nov 08, 2021
Benswagg04:

If you had been denied visa within 6 months, I doubt they will approve your emergency request. Hence, the reason for your EA denials.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Benswagg04: 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2021
Yes I thought as much. But, what if I change to lagos? Do u think it can change(my expedited appointment will be approved) ?
Sun1shyne:

If you had been denied visa within 6 months, I doubt they will approve your emergency request. Hence, the reason for your EA denials.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatnnamdi: 7:55pm On Nov 08, 2021
sourkandi:

For all non-immigrant and student visas,email;

ConsularAbuja@state.gov
OR
LagosNIV@State.gov

Thank you very much...�
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tamad101(f): 7:55pm On Nov 08, 2021
According to your post/transcript you said the VO asked if you have any siblings in the US, you said no (and didn't fill it in the DS160) even though you have 2. You've forgotten that there's a section in the form that asks you for your parents information (names & DOB) and you already share the same details with two other people too much for it to be a coincidence. I hope you understand, let the seniors too weigh in
tmann626:
How? please explain

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sfApase: 7:58pm On Nov 08, 2021
toyobillz:
Hello guys! What’s your take about an uncle in the United state standing as your sponsor.

Its good but make sure you are not going to the same state he is to study cos its a red flag.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 08, 2021
Keren12:
Good day friends and family, I really need help on how to start my face of usa study move. I have been refused Canada 3 times. One on a visit, two on study. But I feel like trying usa. I studied Mechanical Engineering with cgpa of 3.09/5 in 2015. I have been working as a supervisor in a telecom company for years now. I wan to study Engineering Management for master's. How do I go about it? Please I need advice on this move.

Reading this thread from its considerably past pages is not a bad way to start.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by calculator123(m): 8:34pm On Nov 08, 2021
samuel321:

There’s nothing wrong with this transcript, I think the vo already made up his mind to deny you the moment you said you haven’t travelled out of the country before. It seems the vo’s in Abuja now take that travel history very serious now. You can reapply and hope for the best.

Are you saying first time fliers have a low chance of getting approved?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by calculator123(m): 8:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
sfApase:

Since you've not gotten a travel history, they want you to have someone in America but preferably not residing in the state you want to school.

I do not understand this. Can you elucidate?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
OlamideTosyn:
Good afternoon sire and mas, I am new here, I need some further guidance
I have been reading things online before my search brought me here. I am a graduate of English literature of Ekiti State University and I have been looking at schools online. I have fond western Illinois University and Washington University in St. Louise and am planning to apply soon. Please is there any body that is a student of any of the universities or is planning to apply that can help me look at my personal Statement.
I will really appreciate it sirs and mas. Thanks a bunch!

I know of @Erudite77 but I doubt if he'll be chanced at this time since he sure has a lot on his sleeves . You should shoot your shot to him.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 08, 2021
Erudite77:

Send me a PM.

@OlamideTosyn

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 08, 2021
sfApase:
Please who have an idea of a school in America with a low tuition fee and offers scholarship as well. My brother needs one for masters in business administration. Thanks

Check Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Benswagg04: 8:48pm On Nov 08, 2021
Hello guys,Please do I have a chance of getting an expedited appointment if I change from Abuja to lagos?. I was denied Visa on 10th Spetember.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lovethchisom(f): 8:55pm On Nov 08, 2021
Vahn:
you chose “previously denied” on the portal right?

Yes, I did
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lovethchisom(f): 8:57pm On Nov 08, 2021
Gent2nice:
Huh. Very sorry about the delay. With that Feb 2023, it's obvious you are using Abuja. If you want to book another appointment, choose Lagos because I learnt it does not have that option of previously denied in two months and regular. So you should be able to see their regular dates. And perhaps you may get EA approved.
If however u want Abuja, wait to use the regular option (after two months, smile) because that two months option will bring you no favourable date.

Thanks so much. Actually this evening i saw Feb 2022. I will keep checking and will also change to Lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lovethchisom(f): 9:03pm On Nov 08, 2021
Good evening everyone. Thanks for your help so far

Quick one: After my previous refusal, i want to use another school. This new school has also sent my I20 which new SEVIS ID was included.
Which SEVIS ID do i use now, the old or the new? If its the new SEVIS ID, please link on where to change it in their portal.

Meanwhile i wanted to write to the school about the old SEVIS ID until i saw it can be changed online. please help me

Thanks for your response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sfApase: 9:22pm On Nov 08, 2021
Potbellied:

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 9:43pm On Nov 08, 2021
samuel321:

Your sevis fee is valid for 365days. If you paid on November 27th 2020. It expires on October 27th 2021. Just count it that way
Shouldn't 365 days be from Nov 27th 2020 to Nov 26th 2021?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by starch100: 10:34pm On Nov 08, 2021
Can we get the Korean guy's name so we can all send a mail to the embassy with an anonymous email address and report the guy?
Travel history shouldn't be a criterion for a visa. Some people can't dream of ever traveling if not for scholarships.
The guy does not care if you are on a scholarship or not.
Let's do what we have to do.

kunlevski003:
Visa Delayed at Abuja.
Today 8th November
School: South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
Course: MSc Civil and Environmental Engineering
COA: 26k
No funding
Married with a daughter.
First Attempt

This is my transcript.

(White Caucasian male. Window 7)

VO: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning
Vo: Have you ever travelled Out before
Me: No. I have not travelled out before
Vo: Who is your sponsor
Me: My Mum
Vo: What does she do
Me: she is a wholesale distributor of Ankara fabrics in Lagos and other southwestern states of the country. She also runs a fashion school where she trains other young fashion designers.
VO: What do you do presently?
Me: I work as a structural engineer at *** company. I design and produce structural drawings for building projects and help manage building projects.
VO: Do you have any relative in US?
Me: No
VO: Okay. Sorry you do not qualify at the moment.

He then handed me the blue paper.

Really can't place my hands on the reason for the rejection. I thought to share so someone can learn and maybe anyone can pick out where I need to make some adjustments.

I gained a lot from people's experiences here. Thank you all and all the very best to everyone going for their interviews.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sfApase: 11:16pm On Nov 08, 2021
Potbellied:

After making an inquiry from the school, I was given this reply;

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in our graduate program.

Our MBA program is currently accepting applications for Fall 2022 semester. Application deadline is May 1st, 2022. Your online application along with all required documents and $40 USD non-refundable application fee must be submitted to our Admissions office prior to the deadline to be considered. Please note that our MBA program is a 100% online program- we do not issue I-20 for MBA international students for this reason.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by solastar2: 12:04am On Nov 09, 2021
samuel321:

Your sevis fee is valid for 365days. If you paid on November 27th 2020. It expires on October 27th 2021. Just count it that way
Nob 27th to October 27th is not 365 days. It is from Nov 27th to Nov 26th.

(1) (2) (3) ... (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: Blackfinegirl(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.