Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,453 members, 7,830,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (589) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1656059 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Swerveking14: 12:51pm On Nov 21, 2021
Lol…..At the end most won’t even spend up to what is written on their i20. You drop you own thoughts and move, whoever wants to argue should do research before coming for you lol….Anyways who ever Dey find cheap good school should apply to colleges n unis in Minnesota “Minnesota state uni, St. Cloud state, Metro state and other state owned schools, scholarship/funding or not, the state pays half of your tuition “Excluding uni of Minnesota”
MiamiePizza:

I'm not in for argument with you, I'm gonna ignore you after this reply. Stay there, people are getting admitted in schools in this state. Make I bust your brain, I got a first hand info from a Missourian, took my time to do my research and I'm sharing this here so others could gain but you come here dey cap careless. Wetin person no know him dey ask ni.

Share updates, no be dis one wey you dey do so.
You said I'm lying abeg where I lie?
Say Missouri isn't poor or the crime rate in the state is high or houses isn't cheap in Missouri or the schools there are not giving out admissions like breakup?

I submitted application to Missouri S&T and I got an email from the school with link to complete my application in less than 24hrs. Asked me to submit all required documents and get my admission decision in 2weeks.

Two of my cousins already got admission to schools in this state with scholarship (Missouri S&T and Missouri state university) you dey there dey say I dey cap vertical.
If you don't have something to bring on here people could benefit from it better you stop talking.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 1:15pm On Nov 21, 2021
MiamiePizza:

I submitted application to Missouri S&T and I got an email from the school with link to complete my application in less than 24hrs. Asked me to submit all required documents and get my admission decision in 2weeks.

Two of my cousins already got admission to schools in this state with scholarship (Missouri S&T and Missouri state university) you dey there dey say I dey cap vertical.
If you don't have something to bring on here people could benefit from it better you stop talking.

S&T seems to require GRE.

Could you help confirm how valid this is, please?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluh: 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2021
Swerveking14:
Lol…..At the end most won’t even spend up to what is written on their i20. You drop you own thoughts and move, whoever wants to argue should do research before coming for you lol….Anyways who ever Dey find cheap good school should apply to colleges n unis in Minnesota “Minnesota state uni, St. Cloud state, Metro state and other state owned schools, scholarship/funding or not, the state pays half of your tuition “Excluding uni of Minnesota”

I got admission with scholarship too in the school. Please can i get to talk to you on WhatsApp on that school matter. I’m having issues getting my I-20 for Jan resumption.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omini247: 2:59pm On Nov 21, 2021
interview hack..see the VO like an old friend you haven't seen in a while..psychology says they will subconciously start acting impressive.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jaymore: 3:21pm On Nov 21, 2021
crowniran:

Oh. Thank you, was beginning to be worried.

You have nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 4:58pm On Nov 21, 2021
ifedayosol:
Hello all.
I just got admission to study MS chemistry at Tennessee technological university with full funding. I was asked to show Proof of fund of $5718 to cover other expenses.
I have a sponsor which is my inlaw. Is he to provide a bank letter or statement of account

I'm asking cos I see some people use only bank letter while some used 6 month statement of acct.

Secondly, printing 6month statement of account, won't it be too voluminous especially account with high frequency of transaction?
he is to provide SOA maybe 3 months, I emailed you bro, pls reply I wish to ask one or two things

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dayoaf: 5:02pm On Nov 21, 2021
RDEH:
Please, is there anybody going to Alabama A&M university for spring 2022?

Yes I am
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bond4141(m): 5:17pm On Nov 21, 2021
ifedayosol:
Yes, the funding came with the mail. Is urs same Tennessee technological university?

No, university of Baltimore. I mailed the admission counselor about merit based scholarship, she said a message will be sent later regarding that. I don’t understand again, since all these days, and I was instructed to decide within 2 weeks, if not the admission will be withdrawn. Meanwhile, I’m still waiting for the admission decision of other schools I applied to.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 21, 2021
Good evening everyone,
I need your input on a situation.

I got admission to school in the US. My funding is coming from a friend who is based in the US and I have a brother there as well. Will having someone in the US as my school sponsor make my profile seem somehow or this wouldn’t be an issue?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dydx2020(m): 7:07pm On Nov 21, 2021
I just got an admission offer for MBA program in a University in California
Kindly add me to the Whatssap group chat .0905663146

Again, I was told to make a commitment fee before Form I20 will be issue.

I need necessary information.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by floyo001: 7:12pm On Nov 21, 2021
Good Evening House,
Please assist with clarity on the following...

- Can I present a sponsor's Business statement of account instead of personal account as proof of funds. Will the embassy honor that?

- If so, what other documents will I need to present alongside that.

I will deeply appreciate your feedback.
Thanks a lot.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pamelayoung: 7:12pm On Nov 21, 2021
dfutbolar:

Has anyone actually gotten visa recently after being interviewed by the Asian Dude? People are really complaining recently about him.

I guess he only gives preference to those who have travelled out to major developed countries before.

Is this Asian guy different from the Korean guy?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Swerveking14: 7:38pm On Nov 21, 2021
Yeah u can mail me
Oluh:

I got admission with scholarship too in the school. Please can i get to talk to you on WhatsApp on that school matter. I’m having issues getting my I-20 for Jan resumption.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omini247: 7:55pm On Nov 21, 2021
Pamelayoung:

Is this Asian guy different from the Korean guy?

you go sabi do VO work well well oh..see question
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Skyrose: 7:56pm On Nov 21, 2021
Good evening everyone i am a fresh graduate from a university i want to process US for fall2022 but my passports is not yet out even though i captured in September 20th, so my question is can i apply to schools without passport for now and can i register for Gre without passports
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omini247: 7:59pm On Nov 21, 2021
theAccountant:
Good evening everyone,
I need your input on a situation.

I got admission to school in the US. My funding is coming from a friend who is based in the US and I have a brother there as well. Will having someone in the US as my school sponsor make my profile seem somehow or this wouldn’t be an issue?

Just pray theres nothing the lord cannot do..but if its fact you want its a red flag..the VO wants you to go and do your schooling and come back to Nigeria.and by no mistake become a burden on America.thats why theres such a thing as home tie...your friend kor what did you do for your friend that he wants to fund your schooling(likely VOs question if at all he will bother asking)and do you have his COA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Favourezeokoye(f): 8:31pm On Nov 21, 2021
[quote author=Favourezeokoye post=107823759]

Did anyone face similar issues? Or has something to say please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Favourezeokoye(f): 8:32pm On Nov 21, 2021
[quote author=Favourezeokoye post=107821996]Good day everyone.
I'm new here. I have a few questions please and I would be glad if anyone who has encountered such an experience dropped or give an answer, thanks.

I got an admission from my school (A medical school in Atlanta, AISM) last year September and ever since then, we have been having our classes online due to the Covid19 issue. Right now my school has given us the go-ahead to make preparations for my Visa.
My question is what will I be needing (requirements), I'm scared and don't know how my interview is going to look like, hence I have been confused about how to prepare my transcript.
I would also like to take the USMLE and don't know if it should be included in my transcript, more so my Aunty who is sponsoring me lives in California.

What are my chances please since I have gone a long way with the study? because I'm scared to the brim.

Did anyone face a similar issue? Or has something to say please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 8:45pm On Nov 21, 2021
Has anyone heard from University of Alabama or university of florida fall 2022

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluh: 8:48pm On Nov 21, 2021
lokoventurex1:

God bless you. I don't know why they're always hiding the name of their school. You have got your visa already,you've funding too. Why hiding the name of the school?

I wish you the very best in your program and may U.S favour you.

I feel the guy is cruising us. He had 2,2 with full funding, scholarship and with no exams done. That seems unreal.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DonJSHY(m): 9:37pm On Nov 21, 2021
It is possible, it doesn't just happen often. Such stuff happens once in a Blue Moon.
Oluh:

I feel the guy is cruising us. He had 2,2 with full funding, scholarship and with no exams done. That seems unreal.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by 4gunners(m): 10:05pm On Nov 21, 2021
deolubajo:
Visa Approval transcript
Abuja Embassy
October 26th 2021. 8:30 am
PhD Civil Engineering (Fully Funded) Spring 2022
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Previously denied a B1 and F1 visa in 2018
Interviewed by a white American man

Me: Good Morning

VO: Can I have your I-20 and passport, please?

Me: (Hands over required documents)

VO: Have you travelled out of Nigeria before?

Me: Yes

VO: Where and for what purpose?

Me: I was in Saudi Arabia for my Master's Program.

VO: How long were you there, and can I see your masters certificate

Me: I was there from 2018 till June 2021. I showed him my Certificate, and he checked the graduation date to confirm the date I mentioned.

VO: Are you working presently?

Me: No, I have been working on my master's thesis research papers since I got back to Nigeria in June. I have also been learning new software I will need for my doctorate study.

VO: (Nods head in unison)Why are you going for a PhD?

Me: I worked on cementitious materials for my master's thesis. I want to gain an extensive and in-depth knowledge of the use of supplementary cementitious materials in concrete. Hence the reason for advancing further for a PhD.

VO: What do you plan to do after your study?

Me: After my PhD, I plan to advance further as a teacher and a researcher. So I will be coming back to Nigeria to work as a full-time lecturer at my alma mater, the University of Lagos, and research discovering new local cementitious materials to be used in concrete production.

VO: Do you have a family member in the US?

Me: Yes, my mom's younger brother.

VO: Where in the US does he stay?

Me: Providence, Rhodes Island.

VO: Everything checks out. I will be approving your VISA.

Summary: He mostly asked questions from what I filled in my DS-160 form to confirm if everything correlates. And I believe the question about the location of my mom's brother in the US was from my past B1 visa denial transcript.

Thanks to everyone that shared their transcripts. It helped. God bless you.
Congrats, bro. I really have interest in your research area. My undergraduate research thesis was on the use of local materials as cemetitious material. Can we connect, bro?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by banom(m): 11:05pm On Nov 21, 2021
Hello friends, I just got admitted into borough of Manhattan community college to study financial management (two years, associate degree ) . My plan is to move to zicklin school of business to study finance and investment ( full 4 years degree) after completing my associate degree program.

Now my question is being an associate degree instead of a full degree program,and also a community college instead a four years standard college, will I be able to secure a student Visa or will I be denied because I'm not going for a full degree program ?

Has anyone here secured student visa going for an associate degree instead of a full degree ?.

Thanks ,your answers and advice will be greatly appreciated. ..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nicflame(m): 11:06pm On Nov 21, 2021
Oluh:
Good morning everyone. Please I want to know if one can use another bank statement to get the I-20 form if the original isn’t ready and then the original one at the embassy for interview. Please respond to this, I’m at crossroads right now. Please anyone should respond to this. I really need to know.

Yes you can use different bank statements for I20 and at the embassy. The embassy wouldn't even ask for the account you used to collect your I20. It's none of their business, they'd simply ask for your SOA, simple.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tyleet: 12:44am On Nov 22, 2021
If you get rejected for a visa last semester and you were given a blue paper, do you need to take a new passport size photograph for you new ds-160 when you are applying again?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Okeyogwo: 2:49am On Nov 22, 2021
URGENT!!!!
Hello guys, I recently filled ds160 and applied for visa appointment for Abuja embassy.
Please how do I change my appointment location from Abuja to Lagos embassy. Please I need the steps, am I supposed to cancel my current visa appointment date and start all over again. If so, is my GTB visa fee still valid?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vicolak: 3:34am On Nov 22, 2021
Bro, pls I sent you mail. Thanks.
fairheart:

Starts with Google.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vicolak: 3:47am On Nov 22, 2021
Bro, please I sent you a mail. Thanks.
fairheart:

Yes, visa can be approved for that.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vicolak: 3:58am On Nov 22, 2021
Hello, please I sent you a mail. Thanks.

LagosismyHome:

there is no way a school with this number of students and established for years can be a red flag
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cliffton: 6:17am On Nov 22, 2021
Since the VO specifically requested that i get an updated i20 that shows the TA, and she also saw my bank statement that day, do you think it will make any difference getting bank statements
that covers my tuition without the updated i-20 they requested.

AydotNX:

You simply need to get an updated I-20 FOR the new session (maybe Spring 2022) with same T.A you got for FALL. Just contact your sch for that. And I hope that your sch will still offer you the same T.A they gave you for FALL. If not, you will need to present money that will cover your program for one year to get your VISA.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by floyo001: 9:32am On Nov 22, 2021
Good Evening House,
Please assist with clarity on the following...

- Pls what's your take on having one's brother-inlaw who resides in the US as a sponsor. Does this present any issues at the embassy?

- Can I present a sponsor's company/business statement of account instead of a personal account as proof of funds. Will the embassy honor that?

- If so, what other documents will I need to present alongside that.

I will deeply appreciate your feedback.
Thanks a lot.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 9:57am On Nov 22, 2021
Okeyogwo:
URGENT!!!!
Hello guys, I recently filled ds160 and applied for visa appointment for Abuja embassy.
Please how do I change my appointment location from Abuja to Lagos embassy. Please I need the steps, am I supposed to cancel my current visa appointment date and start all over again. If so, is my GTB visa fee still valid?
Hi.
Dont stress. You can go to the Embassy with your DS-160. They'd pull up your file and switch your location before interviewing you.

You can fllow the steps in the attached link if you still wish to edit location.

https://www.nairaland.com/6354180/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part/416#104502637

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.