Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,588 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (590) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1647167 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adesco2k9: 10:00am On Nov 22, 2021
Tyleet:
If you get rejected for a visa last semester and you were given a blue paper, do you need to take a new passport size photograph for you new ds-160 when you are applying aogain?

Does the color of paper have a meaning??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatajo(m): 10:16am On Nov 22, 2021
Please, do I have to fill a new DS 160 after I was denied visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dayokp: 10:19am On Nov 22, 2021
Johnnyessence:
please can you send me the WhatsApp link for me to be added to the group or add me on 08065640627.

Hello sir, my f1 visa interview is in December, I would appreciate if you could add me to the whatsapp group. 07030113208. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hajobee: 10:24am On Nov 22, 2021
Having someone in US as your school sponsor is not a problem . The problem is how they got to the US... If they got to the US via non-immigrant Visa and later became citizens that might likely be a red flag...The V.O in some instances would just start questioning you about them.

NOTE:This is from people that did same in the past and got denied. Your case might not go the same
How
theAccountant:
Good evening everyone,
I need your input on a situation.

I got admission to school in the US. My funding is coming from a friend who is based in the US and I have a brother there as well. Will having someone in the US as my school sponsor make my profile seem somehow or this wouldn’t be an issue?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatajo(m): 10:48am On Nov 22, 2021
Kindly respond to this question
Greatajo:
Please, do I have to fill a new DS 160 after I was denied visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by collykay: 10:51am On Nov 22, 2021
collykay:
Happy Sunday Everyone!

This platform has indeed been helpful to many of us. Thank you to everyone who has contributed and still contributing.

I am married(female) with a Son and have been working for up to 6years. I have applied to severally universities in the US for MSC and PhD in Chemistry/Biochemistry for fall 2022. I would like to know if;
1. Self sponsor is a red flag especially if I have full funding
2. My son is 2years old and I plan to leave him in Nigeria with my mum. Is this a red flag as well?
3. What duration of bank statement is required for proof of fund for the purpose of admission and visa?
4. If my account balance is equal to my Cost of study( for the purpose of admission), will it affect my chances of getting admission?

Please I really need your advice and suggestions. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Iykegabriel: 11:51am On Nov 22, 2021
Hey boss, please I sent you an email. I will be glad to get a response from you. Thanks
Swerveking14:
Lol…..At the end most won’t even spend up to what is written on their i20. You drop you own thoughts and move, whoever wants to argue should do research before coming for you lol….Anyways who ever Dey find cheap good school should apply to colleges n unis in Minnesota “Minnesota state uni, St. Cloud state, Metro state and other state owned schools, scholarship/funding or not, the state pays half of your tuition “Excluding uni of Minnesota”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by stone2x: 11:51am On Nov 22, 2021
stone2x:
Hello House, Good day and thanks to everyone that has been contributing and helping people on this platform.

Please, I applied for Emergency Appointment this afternoon, how long will it take to get response from the Embassy.

Thank you.

Abeg, someone help me with a response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JamesNneoma: 12:17pm On Nov 22, 2021
stone2x:

Abeg, someone help me with a response.

2 to 3 days, i applied on Friday last two weeks and got a reply on Tuesday last week.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JamesNneoma: 12:23pm On Nov 22, 2021
Omini247:

Me too 08056030658

please add me to the whasaApp group. Here is m number, 08130158654. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by stone2x: 12:26pm On Nov 22, 2021
JamesNneoma:

2 to 3 days, i applied on Friday last two weeks and got a reply on Tuesday last week.

Many thanks for your response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JamesNneoma: 12:29pm On Nov 22, 2021
MakaveliTheDon:
Hello a could you please assist with a template to request for surge?

Please are you in the whatsApp group? My appointment is also in December. Please add me or send me the link, this is my number 08130158654. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by KCVLB: 1:12pm On Nov 22, 2021
Tyleet:
If you get rejected for a visa last semester and you were given a blue paper, do you need to take a new passport size photograph for you new ds-160 when you are applying again?

Yes you have to
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Philjj1102: 1:25pm On Nov 22, 2021
Good day everyone, I sent a mail to the Lagos surge for interview but I did not get an auto response or even a reply. Please can anyone tell me what went wrong. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HDwayne: 1:29pm On Nov 22, 2021
Hi, pls have you been added to the group?, if yes, kindly add me on there too. 08026899178. Thanks.
JamesNneoma:

please add me to the whasaApp group. Here is m number, 08130158654. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rriol: 2:00pm On Nov 22, 2021
Philjj1102:
Good day everyone, I sent a mail to the Lagos surge for interview but I did not get an auto response or even a reply. Please can anyone tell me what went wrong. Thanks

I didn’t receive any auto response either so you’ll definitely get a reply soon.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CalmCasy: 2:02pm On Nov 22, 2021
Don't fret, they will reply you.

Philjj1102:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by KHAshishi: 2:05pm On Nov 22, 2021
Has anyone got a surge date in Abuja ?
Any email address to send documents?

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adesco2k9: 2:10pm On Nov 22, 2021
Pls who know what's next for me to do ..got this message

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Janet200: 2:24pm On Nov 22, 2021
KHAshishi:
Has anyone got a surge date in Abuja ?
Any email address to send documents?

Thank you
Someone I know got approval email this morning, the person was denied in August, Abuja. Already booked a date for December in Abuja but got approved for Lagos surged date this morning for December 1st.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xteemd01: 2:45pm On Nov 22, 2021
Janet200:

Someone I know got approval email this morning, the person was denied in August, Abuja. Already booked a date for December in Abuja but got approved for Lagos surged date this morning for December 1st.

I also got an email saying I have been rescheduled for 1st of December. Now on the cgi profile, my prior appointment for august 19, 2022 is showing “canceled” & my cgi portal now shows like I haven’t booked any appointment and asking that I re-enter my visa receipt number. Just like I am starting a fresh application. Do I just do this Please, enlighten. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adesco2k9: 2:45pm On Nov 22, 2021
adesco2k9:
Pls who know what's next for me to do ..got this message

PLS ANYONE
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by RDEH: 2:53pm On Nov 22, 2021
Dayoaf:

Yes I am
Please, send me an email. Let's link up
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jswaggzo(m): 3:00pm On Nov 22, 2021
deolubajo:
You can mention that you plan to go into academia after your PhD, so you will be coming back to Nigeria to work as a full-time lecturer in chemistry at your alma mater.
Bro I need to reach you ASAP it’s important. Kindly check your email.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Janet200: 3:02pm On Nov 22, 2021
xteemd01:

I also got an email saying I have been rescheduled for 1st of December. Now on the cgi profile, my prior appointment for august 19, 2022 is showing “canceled” & my cgi portal now shows like I haven’t booked any appointment and asking that I re-enter my visa receipt number. Just like I am starting a fresh application. Do I just do this Please, enlighten. Thanks.

You don’t have any business with the cgi portal just print the approval email.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Valolisa147: 3:08pm On Nov 22, 2021
I was delayed by the dreadful Asain guy today at Abuja consulate...i must say he look cool��‍♂️ They're yet to see me finish, lagos consulate am coming, please am inside GTB bank does Visa appointment code expire? I want to book for another appointment at Lagos consulate now. How long should i wait. Please respond Asap folks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xteemd01: 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2021
Janet200:

You don’t have any business with the cgi portal just print the approval email.

Thanks for this feedback but does it also matter that now on the cgi, it’s showing like I have no interview booked. So I just go ahead and pick any date I’m just trying to be sure. I understand clearly what you have said about just printing the email they sent me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adesco2k9: 3:32pm On Nov 22, 2021
ANYONE PLSSS WHAT TO DO

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2021
cliffton:
So I went for my F1 visa interview today. I got the white paper but the VO told me she will be placing me on administrative processing until am able to ask my school to give me a new i20 with the TA I said they gave me in fall 2021.

But i think she didn't really hear me well. I told her i had a TA but couldn't continue due to the fact that I didn't get an early date.

Please what could this mean gurus?

Congratulations bro! Please where was your interview? Lagos or Abuja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 4:01pm On Nov 22, 2021
Valolisa147:
I was delayed by the dreadful Asain guy today at Abuja consulate...i must say he look cool��‍♂️ They're yet to see me finish, lagos consulate am coming, please am inside GTB bank does Visa appointment code expire? I want to book for another appointment at Lagos consulate now. How long should i wait. Please respond Asap folks
Sorry about the delay.
You'd need to pay another visa fee before you can schedule another appointment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gmull3r: 4:01pm On Nov 22, 2021
Hi everyone, I would like to who has been replying messages and contributing here. I have learnt a lot from reading this thread. Please, I would like to know if it’s okay to use a company account as bank statement, the bank account is for a friend, I’m claiming he is my uncle. He owns the company actually and it’s a sole proprietorship. It’s for USA student visa for spring. Please, kindly reply if you have any helpful information. Please add me to the WhatsApp group too
Thanks and best regards.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Valolisa147: 4:05pm On Nov 22, 2021
beejhay69:
Sorry about the delay.
You'd need to pay another visa fee before you can schedule another appointment.

I know so what am asking is how long should i wait to apply again this time am changing to lagos consulate. The Korean guy has been nice...... Don't be deterred!

(1) (2) (3) ... (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.