Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (594) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1656226 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Svelte98(f): 4:11pm On Nov 23, 2021
abijike5:

Thanks a lot for your response.

Hi. I also applied to University of Denver for Spring 2022 [MS in Information & Communication Technology, conc. in Project Management].
Just sent you a DM. Please check, I'd like to ask you some questions if you don't mind. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by eminence5000: 4:35pm On Nov 23, 2021
Hi Guys,
This is my first time of applying for the us embassy interview. As the date im seeing on my dashboard is August 2022. So I decided to pick a date in August 2022 and I later apply for emergency request yesterday and I also apply for the surge dates in Lagos also. This morning I got a response on my dashboard that my emergency appointment in Lagos has been denied. I decided to check my dashboard and I realized that the date I chose as August 2022 has been canceled. And I was trying to check available dates. And I put in my visa fee receipt number and the response I got was it has been used. I'm so confused. Has anyone experienced this and am I required to pay another visa fee. Kindly help on this. I'm so confused
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hardeyswaggz: 4:51pm On Nov 23, 2021
Kaygirl33:

O dear, this is not fair. I think what went wrong was the fact that your husband said he will be coming back to his job, if so, he would have applied for B1/B2 visa. But applying for F2, he didn't give an accurate answer. F2 will be there to support family mentally, emotionally, help take care of the baby and return with you once you're done with your program. Just let your husband say he will apply for leave from his company. Just package it well. The guy is pitying the baby and he is doing you good because he wants you all to go together. Please reapply as soon as possible. I am waiting to hear your complete testimony.
will the husband say he applied for 2years leave or what? Cuz I don't understand that leave part
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hardeyswaggz: 4:55pm On Nov 23, 2021
eminence5000:
Hi Guys,
This is my first time of applying for the us embassy interview. As the date im seeing on my dashboard is August 2022. So I decided to pick a date in August 2022 and I later apply for emergency request yesterday and I also apply for the surge dates in Lagos also. This morning I got a response on my dashboard that my emergency appointment in Lagos has been denied. I decided to check my dashboard and I realized that the date I chose as August 2022 has been canceled. And I was trying to check available dates. And I put in my visa fee receipt number and the response I got was it has been used. I'm so confused. Has anyone experienced this and am I required to pay another visa fee. Kindly help on this. I'm so confused
where was your initial location? Was it Abuja? I mean that of August 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by eminence5000: 5:02pm On Nov 23, 2021
It's Lagos, my interview location has always been Lagos

hardeyswaggz:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 5:06pm On Nov 23, 2021
Hi guys there was a general email sent for denial today.

I had gotten an approval yesterday and also get a denial today. Is there anybody here within here in the same shoes?

Also , please has anyone gotten approved using Loan as funding before
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by eminence5000: 5:07pm On Nov 23, 2021
I got a denial and I also realized that my payment was no more active. Can you pls check if your visa receipt reference number is still valid.

mojolajesu:
Hi guys there was a general email sent for denial today.

I had gotten an approval yesterday and also get a denial today. Is there anybody here within here in the same shoes?

Also , please has anyone gotten approved using Loan as funding before
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kageindustry: 5:10pm On Nov 23, 2021
xteemd01:

Personal funding is not a red flag. You might not even be asked to present your SOA considering your deficit is less than $5000. Just be sure you have exactly the equivalent in naira of that deficit (use embassy dollar rate to calculate). More is fine as well. Nothing less than the deficit though.

Good day @xteemd01. Please I need your assistance.

I applied for an emmergency Visa interview with the lagos embassy on the 18th November Thursday and today I received a denial despite submitting my Sevis fee payment and my I20. My masters program starts 18th of January and its withing 60 days as required.

What must I do now?

My dashboards still show apply for emmergency date.
Can i still apply for an emmergency interview?

Thank you in advance. Angel's guide.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kageindustry: 5:13pm On Nov 23, 2021
eminence5000:
I got a denial and I also realized that my payment was no more active. Can you pls check if your visa receipt reference number is still valid.

I just received mine today with a denial. My portal still shows that i can request for an emmergency appointment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bbodunjoh: 5:13pm On Nov 23, 2021
Yelay:

Hello fellow comrade,

I am guessing by "I got my sevis today" you are referring to your i-20 or your sevisfee payment coupon. I will go with i-20 because of your enquiries.

1. Whatever funding modes that's listed in your i-20 I think it is the best and wise thing to get a SOA to back it up during your f1 interview. From those who have shared their experiences I think every proof of funding must be shown. So be on the safer side, whatever you have listed on personal funding makes sure to have a personal SOA that will reflect it.

2. Yes you may. In my case, while I was looking for the means to pay my sevisfee, I paid for my visa application then went on to book my regular appointment.
If you will need to request for an emergency appointment, you will be needing your sevisfee receipt.

3. I heard that there are people on this platform that help people pay their sevisfee. I had already paid mine before I got to know about this platform and forum. I was charged a huge amount by the agency that helped me. And if you have friends in the US, I heard they can help too.

My responses are not exhaustive so get as much counsel as you can get.

I wish you well.
Hi,
I have applied for the emergency request twice and I have been denied. I don't know what I have been doing wrong. I uploaded all the necessary documents needed already
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bbodunjoh: 5:14pm On Nov 23, 2021
Kageindustry:

I applied for an emmergency Visa interview with the lagos embassy on the 18th November Thursday and today I received a denial despite submitting my Sevis fee payment and my I20. My masters program starts 18th of January and its withing 60 days as required.

What must I do now?

Yes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by eminence5000: 5:16pm On Nov 23, 2021
Do you choose a date initially before you request for an emergency date?
Kageindustry:
I just received mine today with a denial. My portal still shows that i can request for an emmergency appointment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by diamondsare4eva: 5:18pm On Nov 23, 2021
Please does anyone have an idea of schools that offer full academic scholarships in the US for undergraduate. I know Google is my friend, just want to know if there's anyone that can share their experiences of how they got full scholarships. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kageindustry: 5:20pm On Nov 23, 2021
eminence5000:
Do you choose a date initially before you request for an emergency date?
yes I did. I was given june 2022. And my program starts january.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Neffy(f): 5:42pm On Nov 23, 2021
Pls how do I apply for surge date?
I already applied for an emergency date since on the 5th of this month and no response/ email yet�
Pls someone should help me out
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lustre23: 5:48pm On Nov 23, 2021
FreshmaninUS:
Hey, I can assure I have seen people get their visa approved between 2019-2021 for visas to study in the US with your situation and that of the original posts. I wouldn't really focus what people are saying can't happen for you. Just make sure you've prepared every documents and the answers you'd give. Then God will handle the rest. You're not the first in this situation neither will you be the last.

I will appreciate if you can help me practice
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Horlaarsco: 5:50pm On Nov 23, 2021
toffytee:

I have a contact that helped me with mine but I spent like 35k in total to send it and after, you will still pay another 5k for verification of your credentials before your evaluation can be done.

Please can i get your contact or the contact, i need to get mine done too, im at verification stage
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abjisperson(m): 6:00pm On Nov 23, 2021
Neffy:
Pls how do I apply for surge date?
I already applied for an emergency date since on the 5th of this month and no response/ email yet�
Pls someone should help me out
send an email with all ur documents and passport photograph to the Lagos/Abuja email address
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by charleymed(m): 6:08pm On Nov 23, 2021
eminence5000:
Hi Guys,

Calm down.
What this means is that they've approved your Surge application.
They will send you email shortly.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 6:18pm On Nov 23, 2021
Did you get any approval yesterday

I am going to stick with the print out of approval as my date and go for the interview on the exact date.
eminence5000:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Daviduch19: 6:24pm On Nov 23, 2021
Heya93:

Thanks alot for this. I thought about it but was afraid of it affecting my current app. God bless �

Please did you try this? Did it work?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by eminence5000: 6:35pm On Nov 23, 2021
Oh thank you so much. I will be expectant.

charleymed:

Calm down.
What this means is that they've approved your Surge application.
They will send you email shortly.
Cheers
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xteemd01: 6:36pm On Nov 23, 2021
Kageindustry:

What must I do now?

The person I’m helping out initially applied for EA before sending email for the surge dates in Lagos. The surge date was approved yesterday and she’s scheduled to appear 1st of December. But today she got an email saying her Emergency appointment has been denied though she uploaded all required documentations.
Personally, I am guessing there might be a conflict between EA application and sending email for surge date. Or maybe it’s a systems glitch from the embassy.

My question: have u applied to both surge date and EA.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 6:38pm On Nov 23, 2021
chaiks:
hi. can one register for toefl without international passport ?

I dont think so.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lustre23: 6:56pm On Nov 23, 2021
xteemd01:

The person I’m helping out initially applied for EA before sending email for the surge dates in Lagos. The surge date was approved yesterday and she’s scheduled to appear 1st of December. But today she got an email saying her Emergency appointment has been denied though she uploaded all required documentations.
Personally, I am guessing there might be a conflict between EA application and sending email for surge date. Or maybe it’s a systems glitch from the embassy.

Please can one use 2 different bank statements from the same person?
That's like the bank statement of the person's zenith and first bank
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xteemd01: 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2021
Lustre23:

Please can one use 2 different bank statements from the same person?
That's like the bank statement of the person's zenith and first bank

Absolutely you can!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Philjj1102: 7:38pm On Nov 23, 2021
You can apply for both EA and surge. Most surge are being approved while the EA response will become denial. If you applied for surge look out for their mail. Have applied for EA since last month and no response but after applying for surge I got a date for Dec 1st and a denial for EA.

xteemd01:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 7:55pm On Nov 23, 2021
Yes
hardeyswaggz:
will the husband say he applied for 2years leave or what? Cuz I don't understand that leave part
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osof: 7:56pm On Nov 23, 2021
Mine is abuja. Can I apply for surge in lagos
hardeyswaggz:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osof: 7:57pm On Nov 23, 2021
Did you apply for surge also
eminence5000:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dfutbolar: 8:16pm On Nov 23, 2021
caelish:
I applied to Abuja on Sunday night (10 pm) and it was approved Monday evening (3:54 pm). I uploaded I-20, SEVIS payment, MRV receipt, DS-160 confirmation page as supporting documents. Didn't send any other email for the surge dates.

Please, when is the start date on your I20? Was it within 60days to start of your classes you applied for the EA?

Please when were you scheduled?

You did not send email for surge in Abuja you only used the EA option on your cgi portal right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.