Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,362 members, 7,829,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (593) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1655855 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kaygirl33: 9:50am On Nov 23, 2021
anjyy:
Thanks to everyone that assisted me on this journey.

I later deferred.

I have done my interview at the Abuja Embassy with the dreadful Korean guy.

VO : Do you have any travel history?
Me : None.
VO : what do you do currently?
Me : I am a lecture at XYZ
VO : Ok.
VO: What is your highest qualification?
Me: I have a masters Degree with Distinction
VO: Who is paying for your Trip?
Me: my husband.
VO to my husband: what do you do?
Him : I work as an Engineer at ABC
VO : How much do you make?
Him: I make 500k monthly.
VO : Do you have your bank statements?
Him: Yes. He showed him.
VO : This is ok.
VO: what would you be doing in the US?
Him: I am going with my family to settle them in, I would be back to my job.
Him: I have some projects I need to come back to.
VO: Where would the baby be?
Him: She would be staying at the creche.

VO: Madam, I would be approving only your visa.
Unfortunately I won't be granting your baby and your husband.

My baby is just 6 months.

I am thinking of reapplying for her, please advise.

I wonder why a 6 months baby would be denied. I am going for PHD.

O dear, this is not fair. I think what went wrong was the fact that your husband said he will be coming back to his job, if so, he would have applied for B1/B2 visa. But applying for F2, he didn't give an accurate answer. F2 will be there to support family mentally, emotionally, help take care of the baby and return with you once you're done with your program. Just let your husband say he will apply for leave from his company. Just package it well. The guy is pitying the baby and he is doing you good because he wants you all to go together. Please reapply as soon as possible. I am waiting to hear your complete testimony.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluh: 10:25am On Nov 23, 2021
xteemd01:

1st: You finished high school in 2015, and just going for a bachelors degree more than 6 years after high school. That’s a disqualifying factor that will be hard to circumvent. I will put your age at over 21. Undergrads going abroad are usually within the age 16-19 (maybe 20) age.

2nd: You are going abroad for social work. In the fabric of the Nigerian society, I don’t really see this as a “marketable” skill. That’s a ‘NO’ for me.

3rd: Your responses to these questions: (what have you been doing? What will you do when you return to nigeria? What will this course do for you? How did you hear about the school?)…do not portray someone that really has a firm understanding of what he really wants to do. Your responses to question 2 & 3 in my parentheses should be tied to how marketable social work is in nigeria. But personally, I have expressed I don’t really believe in it. And you should stop saying you did an extensive research on google to find out about a school. Students going for master’s will expertly say “I reviewed an article written by a prof in this school during my undergraduate thesis. Conducted an in-depth analysis using the school’s website to learn more about a program that I am interested in”…. Just learn to say something along the academic line.

4th: who is sponsoring you? What does he do I will be capitalizing my expert response here so that everyone can benefit:
THE “BURDEN OF PROOF” GOING TO THE EMBASSY HAS ALWAYS BEEN AND WILL FORVER REMAIN, HOW ONE’S STUDY WILL BE FUNDED. THE PEOPLE I HAVE HELPED AND ANYONE I AM HELPING, I ALWAYS ENCOURAGE NOT TO GO TO THE EMBASSY UNLESS THEY HAVE FULL FUNDING OR MORE THAN 50% FUNDING. YOU CAN ALMOST ASSESS YOUR SUCCESS AT THE INTERVIEW ON THIS CRITERION ALONE. HOWEVER, THE FACT THAT SOMEONE DOES NOT HAVE FUNDING DOESN’T NECESSITATE THAT THEY SHOULDN’T GO TO THE EMBASSY. JUST ENSURE THAT THE STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT IS LEGITIMATE AND CARRIES MORE THAN *3 OF WHAT YOUR COA IS.

LASTLY, WHAT IS YOUR RELATIONSHIP TO THE OWNER OF THE SOA YOU ARE CARRYING. IN MY OWN LISTING AND ARRANGEMENT FROM STRONG - WEAK TIE: ONE’S BIOLOGICAL PARENTS, UNMARRIED SIBLINGS, MARRIED MALE SIBLINGS, MATERNAL UNCLE/RELATIVE THAT CARRIES YOUR SURNAME (LASTNAME).

Any other thing than this, you really have a hell of a hill to overcome considering how everyone is frantically trying to get out of the country. I did the same more than seven years ago.

LASTLY: God is the one that qualifies even the unqualified. We have seen people with worst profile get granted visa. Miracles happen. Personally, I don’t test God until I have done my own due diligence. And I intensely pray to God to bless my efforts.

I wish you the best femotech….

Please I would like to text you better on your mail. Finding it hard to text you boss. Or maybe you could drop your WhatsApp number.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hardeyswaggz: 10:40am On Nov 23, 2021
Yes and I got an approval few hours later yesterday. It says I have till 29th to reschedule the appointment but I still can't reschedule as I speak to you cuz all I have displayed In my CGI is "There are currently no available dates"

I have called and sent mails....they only said I should keep checking. Infact the email I got yestday stated that dates are only available on US embassy discretiom.

O ti su mi man
Nyfa:

Where u able to request for another emergency appointment date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Joclins: 10:58am On Nov 23, 2021
Interview Slated for 10am but went 6am and got interviewed around 9am. The VO was denying so many B1/B2 and only gave just two people(One is a woman with her 2children and husband and she looks and sounds like she knows what she's doing). There were only few F1 VISA and I think I was the second or third F1 to be interviewed.
VO was a white guy, looks like he's in his 30s. Has a skinny head and looks fresh. He's the only person available for all NON-Immigrant Visas that morning. He was at window 1.
School: WIU
COA: 33k
DEFICIT: 26k
SCHOLARSHIP: 7K
FAMILY FUND: 43K
Programme: Biochemistry (Bachelor)
Interview was at Lagos.

VO: Good morning, pass your I-20 and passport please.
Me: Passed and said I stammer a bit
VO: It's fine, don't worry.
VO: Why are you going to the US and what course will you be studying.
Me: I'm going to the US for my bachelor's degree in Biochemistry. I will be majoring in Biochemistry at Western Illinois University.
VO: Kept looking at my I-20
Me: I guess he was confused Chemistry was on my I-20 and I'm going for Biochemistry. So I cut in and said my school actually put the course on my I-20 as Chemistry, but it's Biochemistry I will be Majoring in.
VO: Nods head like "okay, I understand now"
VO: Why this School?
Me: The biochemistry programme at Western Illinois University has an added concentration on Molecular diseases. The programme also provide undergraduate research opportunity for undergraduates which is an added advantage for me as I will be furthering my degree as a Clinical Scientist.
VO: Was staring hard at my I-20 and said, this is about One hundred and something...(didn't hear clearly, but knew he was referring to my tuition or COA), who will be paying this huge amount of money for your Education.
Me: I have a merit scholarship that covers about half my tuition and my mum will pay the rest.
VO: What does your mum do? me
Me: She owns a Private Primary School which she founded 15years ago. She also runs a Palm oil Plantation business...VO cuts in
VO: What did you say... about Palm oil?(looks confused)
Me: Palm oil Plantation business. I further explained with gestures that Palm trees grown in farm and harvested to produce palm oil....she supplies to the whole Western part of Nig...Vo cuts in
VO: He was looking at his screen then asked; Do you have a sister in the US(or maybe he said outside the country)?
Me: (I thought he was referring to my other siblings and that is a No. Although, I have an elder sister in another country, but she's never been to the US. I also filled in my DS-160 that I have other relatives in the US and that is my Dad's step sister, we bare thesame surname) So, I said No straight up. I was further saying I'm the last born...then cuts me and asked
VO: Have you travelled outside the country before?
Me: I've never had a reason to.
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to four schools which includes Western Illinois University, Georgetown Southwestern University, University of Lynchburg, and Southern Illinois University and they all have me admission.
VO: Sorry, you are not qualify for this Visa...passes blue slip and...Omo...I just felt so disorganized and felt like I had something to tell him that I can no more. Painful oh.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by vizin: 11:30am On Nov 23, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by vizin: 11:37am On Nov 23, 2021
I could literally feel your pain from just reading the last line you wrote. Sorry about the denial and I pray your next trial will be an approval story. I'm curious about your profile since you're an undergraduate applicant...are you fresh out of secondary school?
Joclins:
Interview Slated for 10am but went 6am and got interviewed around 9am. The VO was denying so many B1/B2 and only gave just two people(One is a woman with her 2children and husband and she looks and sounds like she knows what she's doing). There were only few F1 VISA and I think I was the second or third F1 to be interviewed.
VO was a white guy, looks like he's in his 30s. Has a skinny head and looks fresh. He's the only person available for all NON-Immigrant Visas that morning. He was at window 1.
Interview was at Lagos.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EngrKUNLE(m): 11:59am On Nov 23, 2021
Joclins:
Interview was at Lagos.

VO: Good morning, pass your I-20 and passport please.
Me: Passed and said I stammer a bit
VO: It's fine, don't worry.
VO: Why are you going to the US and what course will you be studying.
Me: I'm going to the US for my bachelor's degree in Biochemistry. I will be majoring in Biochemistry at Western Illinois University.
VO: Kept looking at my I-20
Me: I guess he was confused Chemistry was on my I-20 and I'm going for Biochemistry. So I cut in and said my school actually put the course on my I-20 as Chemistry, but it's Biochemistry I will be Majoring in.
VO: Nods head like "okay, I understand now"
VO: Why this School?
Me: The biochemistry programme at Western Illinois University has an added concentration on Molecular diseases. The programme also provide undergraduate research opportunity for undergraduates which is an added advantage for me as I will be furthering my degree as a Clinical Scientist.
VO: Was staring hard at my I-20 and said, this is about One hundred and something...(didn't hear clearly, but knew he was referring to my tuition or COA), who will be paying this huge amount of money for your Education.
Me: I have a merit scholarship that covers about half my tuition and my mum will pay the rest.
VO: What does your mum do? me
Me: She owns a Private Primary School which she founded 15years ago. She also runs a Palm oil Plantation business...VO cuts in
VO: What did you say... about Palm oil?(looks confused)
Me: Palm oil Plantation business. I further explained with gestures that Palm trees grown in farm and harvested to produce palm oil....she supplies to the whole Western part of Nig...Vo cuts in
VO: He was looking at his screen then asked; Do you have a sister in the US(or maybe he said outside the country)?
Me: (I thought he was referring to my other siblings and that is a No. Although, I have an elder sister in another country, but she's never been to the US. I also filled in my DS-160 that I have other relatives in the US and that is my Dad's step sister, we bare thesame surname) So, I said No straight up. I was further saying I'm the last born...then cuts me and asked
VO: Have you travelled outside the country before?
Me: I've never had a reason to.
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to four schools which includes Western Illinois University, Georgetown Southwestern University, University of Lynchburg, and Southern Illinois University and they all have me admission.
VO: Sorry, you are not qualify for this Visa...passes blue slip and...Omo...I just felt so disorganized and felt like I had something to tell him that I can no more. Painful oh.

I think you should have said you have no immediate relative in the US, however there is an Aunt of yours who currently resides in the US. All the VOs are checking out is to see if your confessions tally with your form.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mightyraw(m): 12:10pm On Nov 23, 2021
Hello I already have my I-20 from western Illinois university , I want to know if I can get date for interview in December if I apply now
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Etco11(m): 12:23pm On Nov 23, 2021
Hi guys can anyone recommend a uni that offers nursing and scholarship as well. i also want to join the whatsapp group,this is my number
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by KCVLB: 12:27pm On Nov 23, 2021
Tyleet:

why are we not able to use the same photo we used before if it's less than 6 months ago?

I cant say, but last time i was there, some people were sent back to retake photos if its not recent and by recent we talking about 1week earlier. So to save yourself the stress of going up and down. Take a new photograph
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by de3lar(m): 12:38pm On Nov 23, 2021
xteemd01:

I have really tried to be as candid as I can. Since your case is also unusual, it might actually be helped if you have full funding from the school or some substantial funding. Also, rather than apply as a freshman, you could have attempted to apply by transferring some credits from the college courses you already did. This would have required your transcript being evaluated. Like I mentioned, the embassy fixates so much on funding. This is not to say other factors are ignored.

Quick note: let’s say there is a protracted strike going on currently in Nigerian institutions, this might likely help your case.

Just adequately prepare for the interview so you are able to convey your responses to the VO convincingly, & most importantly, don’t leave out that element of prayer.

You can almost anticipate that you will be asked what is informing your decision to crossover if you have indicated in your ds-160 that you have done some college work.

I'm practically in the same shoe as them.

I finished school 2012, I'm 23 and I'm going for a bachelor's in civil engineering in Wilkes University (I've not seen it mentioned here before sef and might be one of the Red flags school, I don't know) I did URP for OND and HND. $10k funding from the school, $43k deficit covered by an uncle that we don't have the same surname, I don already zero my mind. I'll just prepare and pray for interview, if dem reject me, I'll just lockup.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Waskylala: 1:10pm On Nov 23, 2021
anjyy:
Thanks to everyone that assisted me on this journey.

I later deferred.

I have done my interview at the Abuja Embassy with the dreadful Korean guy.

VO : Do you have any travel history?
Me : None.
VO : what do you do currently?
Me : I am a lecture at XYZ
VO : Ok.
VO: What is your highest qualification?
Me: I have a masters Degree with Distinction
VO: Who is paying for your Trip?
Me: my husband.
VO to my husband: what do you do?
Him : I work as an Engineer at ABC
VO : How much do you make?
Him: I make 500k monthly.
VO : Do you have your bank statements?
Him: Yes. He showed him.
VO : This is ok.
VO: what would you be doing in the US?
Him: I am going with my family to settle them in, I would be back to my job.
Him: I have some projects I need to come back to.
VO: Where would the baby be?
Him: She would be staying at the creche.

VO: Madam, I would be approving only your visa.
Unfortunately I won't be granting your baby and your husband.

My baby is just 6 months.

I am thinking of reapplying for her, please advise.

I wonder why a 6 months baby would be denied. I am going for PHD.

This is the first time am seeing an approval from the asian guy even though the joy no complete.

15 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rawly111: 1:14pm On Nov 23, 2021
Please folks my EA got denied the second time

Please any possible reason
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Harbolaji23(m): 1:17pm On Nov 23, 2021
Please I got my first attempt visa delayed
Please can anyone add me to a group cos I really wanna get prepared for my next interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MisterBeryl: 1:28pm On Nov 23, 2021
If you have been denied Visa within the last 6 months, that could be a reason. I'll advise that you apply for Lagos surge.
Rawly111:
Please folks my EA got denied the second time

Please any possible reason
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 1:29pm On Nov 23, 2021
Please has anyone used Student Loan to get F1 recently!

Please help me bikooo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibekej: 1:32pm On Nov 23, 2021
MisterBeryl:
If you have been denied Visa within the last 6 months, that could be a reason. I'll advise that you apply for Lagos surge.
Can I apply for the Lagos surge even after visa denial?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hardeyswaggz: 1:33pm On Nov 23, 2021
This Lagos surge, what happens if one has a dependent? How will the dependent get his own email? Will it be acknowledged in the mail sent for the interview? As we are aware that without the email or appointment confirmation it will be impossible to get in there
MisterBeryl:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xteemd01: 1:51pm On Nov 23, 2021
de3lar:

I'm practically in the same shoe as them.

I finished school 2012, I'm 23 and I'm going for a bachelor's in civil engineering in Wilkes University (I've not seen it mentioned here before sef and might be one of the Red flags school, I don't know) I did URP for OND and HND. $10k funding from the school, $43k deficit covered by an uncle that we don't have the same surname, I don already zero my mind. I'll just prepare and pray for interview, if dem reject me, I'll just lockup.

Yeah, I know you are in a very tricky situation but there is nothing impossible for God to do. Besides, why didn’t you try to get your OND and HND transcripts evaluated and apply for a masters If you haven’t been to the embassy before, I would advise you sit this one out and try master’s admission for the fall 2022 admission. I understand what getting a denial does to people. Keep the faith!!!!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xteemd01: 1:54pm On Nov 23, 2021
Oluh:

Please I would like to text you better on your mail. Finding it hard to text you boss. Or maybe you could drop your WhatsApp number.

Send me an email instead via this platform & I will be sure to respond.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dayoaf: 2:18pm On Nov 23, 2021
Mightyraw:
Hello I already have my I-20 from western Illinois university , I want to know if I can get date for interview in December if I apply now

Yes you can
Just apply for surge
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pace6: 2:50pm On Nov 23, 2021
Good day everyone, please how true is it that one can transfer sevis fee?

I mean I paid for sevis fee, went for interview but was refused. Someone said it’s possible to give/transfer it to someone else.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by floyo001: 2:55pm On Nov 23, 2021
Thanks for the info.
Pls was Mum's SOA her personal account of her business account?
Can one present business account?

Oke2017:

Tuition fee for SNHU is $15k (was $30k, it got slashed by 50%)
20% scholarship
COA is $29k
Mom’s SOA was well funded (she owns a school in Abuja and Lagos )
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kekeakinwale: 2:58pm On Nov 23, 2021
Please anyone going to cuny brooklyn college or already in the university. Please I need a clarification on the immunization form. Or is there any one which the university requires that you fill an immunization form before you can register for classes, should please put me through. Thank you

Please i attached the form to this msg.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tmann626(m): 3:02pm On Nov 23, 2021
Pace6:
Good day everyone, please how true is it that one can transfer sevis fee?

I mean I paid for sevis fee, went for interview but was refused. Someone said it’s possible to give/transfer it to someone else.
you can transfer to another institution but not someone else.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by floyo001: 3:10pm On Nov 23, 2021
emmanuelle27:
he is to provide SOA maybe 3 months, I emailed you bro, pls reply I wish to ask one or two things

Can SOA be that of the company my sponsor runs/own?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pio123: 3:29pm On Nov 23, 2021
How can I apply for Surge please
Dayoaf:

Yes you can
Just apply for surge
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pio123: 3:30pm On Nov 23, 2021
Dayoaf:

How can I apply for Surge I was denied emergency appointment today
Yes you can
Just apply for surge
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by FreshmaninUS: 3:47pm On Nov 23, 2021
Hey, I can assure I have seen people get their visa approved between 2019-2021 for visas to study in the US with your situation and that of the original posts. I wouldn't really focus what people are saying can't happen for you. Just make sure you've prepared every documents and the answers you'd give. Then God will handle the rest. You're not the first in this situation neither will you be the last.
Lustre23:

I think I'm in the same boat with this guy o only that I'm female
I finished secondary school since 2016 although im in 200l now but I already applied to schools as a fresh man.
I know cases like ours are not common especially for bachelors as this thread is mostly for masters and PhD but please we need all the help we can get.
Biko help us out.
Personally I have done alot of searching by myself I have read this thread from page 1 with sleepless nights and all.
Although i know there are a lot of factors that seem like are working against us but with help from good people here we too will be able to share our sucess stories.
(My current school is really frustrating me with strikes and all)
Make una help us abeg.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kageindustry: 4:01pm On Nov 23, 2021
Good day all. I greet all that has been of great help to this great assembly.

I applied for an emmergency Visa interview with the lagos embassy on the 18th November Thursday and today I received a denial despite submitting my Sevis fee payment and my I20. My masters program starts 18th of January and its withing 60 days as required.

What must I do now?

My dashboards still show apply for emmergency date.
Can i still apply for an emmergency interview?

Thank you in advance. Angel's guide.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osof: 4:02pm On Nov 23, 2021
I applied in abuja and my expedited appointment was not approved. Can I apply for surge interview in lagos. Do I have to cancel and change my location to lagos. How many times can one cancel ones appointment with the same MRV. For
those applying now, what date are you seeing online. Thanks for your response in advance.
Pio123:
How can I apply for Surge please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oke2017: 4:08pm On Nov 23, 2021
floyo001:
Thanks for the info.
Pls was Mum's SOA her personal account of her business account?
Can one present business account?

She presented her personal SOA

(1) (2) (3) ... (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.