Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,274 members, 7,836,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1662286 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kaygirl33: 4:51pm On Nov 25, 2021
Good day guys. Please someone sent me the following question, please I need your suggestions to this:

"I filled and submitted ds160 and my I-20 all had biomedical sciences but I changed my course even before the school gave me the second I-20
They now gave me another I-20 yesterday with pre-nursing on it and I have already applied for the surge and I put biomedical sciences everywhere they asked for course before the new I-20 came".

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by yourfavemls(f): 4:55pm On Nov 25, 2021
Pls who has applied for Spring term 2022, to Uni. Of Utah or University at Buffalo,NY? �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pio123: 4:57pm On Nov 25, 2021
[left][/left] please has anyone been given a surge date sir yesterday because I applied for a surge date since Tuesday and I haven't heard from them.I am really under tension. I need someone to help me out

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObaOfEsan: 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2021
Inntu:

Thank you very much.so i did my research and i saw
there that i’ll need to do IELTS for both schools

No bro. Nigerians don't need to. I didnt write any English proficiency exams. I contacted the school personally and they told me Nigerians don't need IELTS since our first language is English.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OlawumiCecilia: 5:08pm On Nov 25, 2021
kekeakinwale:

I give God all the glory , it can only be God.

So I got my 1-20 for fall admission , i applied for emergency date in lagos, but for 1month no reply from them, then I saw a lady here that said she changed from lagos to Abuja and she didnt have to pay for another visa fee,
I quickly contacted her, my sister God will bless you,
She reply and took me through how to change and I did, got a date for feb 2022 and then i applied for emergency date and then the wait begins.
When I saw that I might not make it to fall,
I quickly contacted my school and explained my issue to them and I needed to defer to spring 2022, and a new update 1- 20 was sent.
Luckily my emergency date was approved and then I picked September 10th 2021.

Now two days to my interview I decided that I didnt to update my ds160 since I was not travelling in August anymore which I need.
Only for me to find out I was not suppose to update it.
I was informed I might not be allowed for the interview.
O my, I was scared, I screamed, then my husband kept saying where is your faith.
Then I also noticed the bar code on my son ds160 and in the appointment confirmation form didnt tally,
O boy I was scared. What do I do, I kept asking God what would you have me do.

Then I proceed to board my flight from Akure to Abuja,

While I was asking God what would you have me do, I went on Instagram and I saw pastor bolaji of NLP saying if you have prayed and it not forth coming, look for a scripture and back it up with your prayer,
I got to my hotel room,
By 12am, I praised God danced and read luke 21 vs 15.
Guess what I did not do any preparation of what I will say, I just told my self that the lord will put in my mouth to say and honestly he did.

6.45am, I left to the embassy I got there I saw I explained my issue to her concerning my son's bar code not tallying , then she helped me to retrieve the old one with 5000naira,
Laughing, something I realised I could do my self .

Any ways I also could not print out my bank statement, I sba went it.
When I got to the place where they will check you, my name and my son's name was seen, at that moment I knew I was getting the visa,
I entered, proceeded to a black man who scanned our passport, bar barcode, and then I proceeded for interview.
MSC business Administration and management
CUNY Brooklyn college
No funding
A white woman.

Interviewer- pass your document
I did
Interviewer- I see your going for MBA
Me- yes
Interviewer- what do you do
Me - I work has an hall manager in one of the hall residences in AAUA a university in ondo state .
Interviewer- what would you do after study.
Me- my masters degree will enable to convert from an hall manager to an administrative officer in my place of work
Interviewer- who is sponsoring you
Me- my mother
Interviewer- what does she do.
Me- she is the director of finance and administration in a ministry in ondo state.
Interviewer- is your husband travelling with you
Me- no we have a business we both run in nigeria and he is in charge of the business and cnt leave it for now.
Interviewer- ok, I can see you went to the us in 2017
Me - yes, i went for vacation.
Interviewer- for 5 weeks
Me - yes, i usually get 6weeks leave from my place of work, so i traveled 27th of November and came back 1 of January
Interviewer- did you travel with a family
Me- yes with my mum
Interviewer- ok, aside form us, what other country have you travelled to
Me- Dubai.
Interviewer- looked at me expecting more, and said is that all, i said yes.
Interviewer- typing and asked when did you get married
Me - 12th August 2017
Interviewer- you said your grandmother is the one sponsoring you
Me- no , My mother, we dont have the same name because her and my dad were separated .
Interviewer- ok.

Interviewer- continues typing for a while
Me- I started praying in my mind, father you have the heart to the queen and the kings, I am getting this visa

Interviewer- I will be approving your visa today,
Every other thing I no here.

Thank you jesus and everyone that has encouraged me on this journey

Hi, I sent you a DM. Kindly respond. I want to know how you changed your son's DS-160 barcode. My husband's number too doesn't match and our interview is soon.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Queengel: 7:01pm On Nov 25, 2021
ObaOfEsan:

No bro. Nigerians don't need to. I didnt write any English proficiency exams. I contacted the school personally and they told me Nigerians don't need IELTS since our first language is English.
hello please if I download Duolingo app will I be able to write it is there any fee I have to pay for it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pio123: 7:05pm On Nov 25, 2021
You are right bro I also contacted USM and they said IELTS is not essential for Nigeria students
ObaOfEsan:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 7:08pm On Nov 25, 2021
Marufahh:
So guys i’m new here and i got my visa denied on 9th of November in abuja .i was denied by a white male vo
Here is my transcript
Me:good morning
Vo:no reply
Vo:pass me your passport(he just took out my i20 n opened it)
V0:have you travelled before
Me:yes,I travelled to saudi arabia for pilgrimage
Vo: what the name of your school(I didn’t hear what he said at first ,then he repeated himself)
Me:wayne country community college
Vo:what course are you going for
Me:pharmacy (he wasn’t really looking at me,he was just typing on the computer )
Vo:why did you choose this course

Me: I shoose pharmacy because when i was young I promise my dad when he was serious that I would study pharmacy .....and so on
Vo:who would be sponsoring you
Me:my mum would be my sole sponsor
Vo:what deos your mum do
Me:shes a civil engineering,she has her own contruction n housing estate company (i was wanted show him documents,he just cut me off with hand and said i dont need see any document,he had this expression on his face and at this moment i was getting scared because what they say about the “dont give Vo” and how they act)
Vo:what is your highest degree
Me:i just finish my secondary school
Vo:when
Me:December 2020
Vo:December 2020?
Me:yes
Vo:what have you been doing since then
Me:i have been attending my A level class(hes still typing on the computer)
Vo: still typing
Me:i was just praying because that is when i saw only blue paper in front of him not even a single white paper ).
V0:will you return to nigeria(not still looking at me)
Me:yes I would,i plan to have my own pharmacy n help people when i get (this isn’t what I practiced tho but i was nervous,so i just saud what came to my mind
Vo:he typed for like 3 secs n then gave me the blue paper

I really dont know what i did wrong ,because i tried my best to be calm .also that day many people were rejected,i want you guys to advice me on what i did wrong before i reapply.All the transcript i have been reading are all masters students n i feel im the youngest here but i dont mind any kind of advice before my next interview

The bolded part, I really got lost there. You promised your dad? Anyway I'm sure you know the lapses to work on. You need to work more on your confidence - since you're a genuine student, then this shouldn't be hard.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 7:24pm On Nov 25, 2021
Marufahh:
So guys i’m new here and i got my visa denied on 9th of November in abuja .i was denied by a white male vo
Here is my transcript
Vo: what the name of your school(I didn’t hear what he said at first ,then he repeated himself)
Me:pharmacy
(he wasn’t really looking at me,he was just typing on the computer )

Me: I shoose pharmacy because when i was young I promise my dad when he was serious that I would study pharmacy .....and so on

Me:shes a civil engineering,she has her own contruction n housing estate company (i was wanted show him documents,he just cut me off with hand and said i dont need see any document,he had this expression on his face and at this moment i was getting scared because what they say about the “dont give Vo” and how they act)
Me:i was just praying because that is when i saw only blue paper in front of him not even a single white paper ).
Me:yes I would,i plan to have my own pharmacy n help people when i get(this isn’t what I practiced tho but i was nervous,so i just saud what came to my mind

I really dont know what i did wrong ,because i tried my best to be calm .also that day many people were rejected,i want you guys to advice me on what i did wrong before i reapply.All the transcript i have been reading are all masters students n i feel im the youngest here but i dont mind any kind of advice before my next interview

The fact that you don't know what you did wrong makes it easy to dismiss you as an unserious student.

You clearly don't have a clue what course you were admitted for. Your school is a community college (2-year college), there is absolutely no way it offers pharmacy as a major. The major is pharmacy technology... basically, folks who assist store pharmacists take medication orders.

Also saying that you chose your course of study because of a promise you made to your dad makes your interview all the more silly.

https://www.wcccd.edu/academic/pharmacy_tech.html

11 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 7:26pm On Nov 25, 2021
NigPatriot:

The bolded part, I really got lost there. You promised your dad? Anyway I'm sure you know the lapses to work on. You need to work more on your confidence - since you're a genuine student, then this shouldn't be hard.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sammyli(m): 7:32pm On Nov 25, 2021
Pls, I need help on how to pay for my sevis fee cry . I tried doing it myself.but I noticed, I couldn't due to the procedures required . Is there any one who can help me out ??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObaOfEsan: 7:37pm On Nov 25, 2021
Pio123:
You are right bro I also contacted USM and they said IELTS is not essential for Nigeria students

Yes ofcourse. As Nigerians our official language is English and we are taught in English. So there is no need for IELTS or TOEFL

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by aydebug(m): 7:44pm On Nov 25, 2021
Marufahh:
Here is my transcript
Me:pharmacy (he wasn’t really looking at me,he was just typing on the computer )

Me:yes I would,i plan to have my own pharmacy n help people when i get(this isn’t what I practiced tho but i was nervous,so i just saud what came to my mind

You aren't the youngest here, I'll be applying for bachelor in 2022 as well. Undergraduate transcripts can be found in previous pages as well.
God will see us through, do loose hope.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by yunqdady: 7:58pm On Nov 25, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omini247: 8:27pm On Nov 25, 2021
TWoods:

The fact that you don't know what you did wrong makes it easy to dismiss you as an unserious student.

You clearly don't have a clue what course you were admitted for. Your school is a community college (2-year college), there is absolutely no way it offers pharmacy as a major. The major is pharmacy technology... basically, folks who assist store pharmacists take medication orders.

Also saying that you chose your course of study because of a promise you made to your dad makes your interview all the more silly.

https://www.wcccd.edu/academic/pharmacy_tech.html
I think he was going to say he promised his dad when he was seriously ill....
Emotion dey the game oh and na whitey him dey follow talk..my not-so-humble opinion.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omini247: 8:33pm On Nov 25, 2021
Marufahh:
Here is my transcript

Me: I chose pharmacy because when i was young I promise my late dad when he was serious ill that I would study pharmacy .....and so on

Your written English is terrible I pray your spoken is not like this because the VO can just hand you blue paper for that...since you are a fresh graduate coming from an English speaking country with such English.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Inntu: 8:40pm On Nov 25, 2021
ObaOfEsan:

Thank you so much for your help
I have some other stuff to ask..please if you dont mind can i contact you?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Joezinho: 9:09pm On Nov 25, 2021
Good day house.

Are there schools in the USA waiving TOEFL/IELTS and GRE for post graduate courses? If yes, can I get the names so i can send mails and apply?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kamzmay: 9:13pm On Nov 25, 2021
Is it Bad for Uncle Bank Statement to be bigger than Parent own.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObaOfEsan: 9:26pm On Nov 25, 2021
Inntu:

Thank you so much for your help
I have some other stuff to ask..please if you dont mind can i contact you?

Sure bro. Send me a PM. Would reply with my phone number
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by VivaceET: 9:37pm On Nov 25, 2021
Hello Everyone,

If you have been recently delayed, applied for surge and got a date. Kindly detail the process you used in applying and kindly state if you switched from the location you were delayed to another where you got surge date.

It is urgent. Help a brother out

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 25, 2021
Omini247:

Your written English is terrible I pray your spoken is not like this because the VO can just hand you blue paper for that...since you are a fresh graduate coming from an English speaking country with such English.
That is the old transcript,i corrected it already n this isn’t how i speak actually(typing error)

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hennriposh(m): 10:10pm On Nov 25, 2021
beejhay69:
Embassy requires a 6 Months SOA.

Yeahhh...I give visa advisory and others needed for smooth process in securing your visa.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hennriposh(m): 10:14pm On Nov 25, 2021
hennriposh:

Yeahhh...I give visa advisory and others needed for smooth process in securing your visa.

Financial advisory
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kaygirl33: 12:08am On Nov 26, 2021
Ayusma:
Got approved back in September, but haven't posted my transcript here.

I am still so happy and it feels so surreal, and my little piece of advice is that try to back it up with prayers also. I fasted and prayed about this and it worked out. Because when I started stammering, in my mind I was like I have f*cked this one up again. But I still got my approval, maybe if I had prayed for my Lagos interview it would have been a success regardless.

Congratulations dear
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmmanuelBlaze04: 12:48am On Nov 26, 2021
Marufahh:

That is the old transcript,i corrected it already n this isn’t how i speak actually(typing error)
hello.
are you applying for undergraduate too? if so please which university are you applying to? I mean a good university with scholarships, I also graduated from high school last year
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 1:26am On Nov 26, 2021
Hello gurus

To those that have done interview, my passport size is 2” by 1.5”. Shey it would be accepted or I should reprint the 2” by 2”.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adeboy700: 2:43am On Nov 26, 2021
Congratulations, na boss you be...
horlahsunbo225:
Visa approved
Lagos embassy (24/11/2021)

Vo Good morning
Me Good morning

Vo where are you going to

Me I'm going to Montana state university for my doctorate degree in computer science with concentration in AI and ML

Vo wait a bit (she types for like 3secs
Me (chill)

VO why did you choose this course

Me I'm a passionate lover of AI and I'll like to use it(she cuts Me)

VO pretend like am your friend, let it look like conversation rather than interview..

ME. (I was a bit calm and pick my lines again)
I'm a passionate lover of AI and I'll like to use it to build a ML algorithm for cancer diagnosis in Nigeria. I've been doing close research in my undergraduate where I build ML algorithm that can diagnose malaria and typhoid

VO How did you find this school

ME After I've made up my mind to pursue doctorate degree in compute science, I used educational website such as Usnews, gradcafe to search for school that offer PhD in computer science with concentration in computer science and I streamline them based to my research interest which is application of machine learning for medical diagnosis. Then I found Dr Veronika which she then set up zoom interview with me and recommended me for the admission

VO (great) why did you choose this school?

ME I chose MSU cos the research of my potential supervisor Dr veronika perfectly align with my research interest, also I was awarded a GTA that covers my tuition and Living expenses also the department of computer science allows interdisciplinary research with medical sciences department and this will be a huge boost to my research, also MSU is rank R1 which means they've higher research output, this will help me to achieve my long time goal of being a faculty

VO jdkeuejdtwhsb
ME you say?

VO fjfieuwjsbsjsbdv
ME can you come again?

VO tell me what you told Veronika during interview

ME I told her about my research experience and my academic(she cuts in)

VO Tell me exactly the way you told her

ME I told her what I did in my undergraduate which is application of machine learning algorithm for malaria and typhoid diagnosis, I got data from the(she cuts me)

VO (pretends like you forgot your speech and talk to me lime your friend)

ME (I regain my composure 100% and fire on) I used dataset such as blood sample, urine sample, body temperature and I used it with ML codes to diagnosis whether a patient has malaria or typhoid. I also told her I graduated with a GPA of 4.2/5 and I also have 323 in GRE

VO (that's great) is it 323/500

ME no it's 323/340

VO (good) it seems you've a tuition waiver

ME I was awarded a GTA that cover tuition and living expenses with zero deficit

VO Tell me about your research and what you intend to achieve with this degree

ME ( *By this time I already regain my composure and I want to impress her for the last time)* my mom died of cancer in 2009, so my research is to build a ML algorithm that is capable of diagnosing cancer, this research will help in two ways *1* it will help Nigeria in the area of scarcity of doctors *2* research has shows that people that got diagnose early has a higher chance of beating cancer than people diagnose at later stage. My second goal is to be a lecturer and nurture the young ones, I've been doing this since(she cut in)

VO (folds my I20 and sevis fee receipt) put this is in your carry on you'll need it when you're entering united state

ME I went deaf ASAP

She continue to say the normal routine of getting my visa in one or two day and passed me my white paper

I zoom out straight
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shalom152: 4:32am On Nov 26, 2021
Good morning all, please if your sponsor is in the US already does this ruin my chances of getting approval?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Joezinho: 5:04am On Nov 26, 2021
ObaOfEsan:

Sure bro. Send me a PM. Would reply with my phone number

Hello bro. Been trying to send you a mail all to no avail. Please can you drop your digits on my personal email? danten672@gmail.com I really wana chat with you on WhatsApp please..

I am having the same issue with inn.tu. I am looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks alot.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObaOfEsan: 6:58am On Nov 26, 2021
Joezinho:

Hello bro. Been trying to send you a mail all to no avail. Please can you drop your digits on my personal email? danten672@gmail.com I really wana chat with you on WhatsApp please..

I am having the same issue with inn.tu. I am looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks alot.

I have replied to your mail.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Joezinho: 7:03am On Nov 26, 2021
ObaOfEsan:

I have replied to your mail.

Good morning bro.. I haven't seen it.

Can you drop your mail so I can write you ? I have refreshed my mail still can't find it.

Thanks boss.

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.