Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (609) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1643580 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 10:04am On Nov 29, 2021
������
dfutbolar:
I am rooting for all of you who will be going to the embassy in Lagos on December 1.

I can't wait to read your transcripts with the ending as I will be approving your visa.

Good luck to you all

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by seeker321: 10:16am On Nov 29, 2021
housegirl:
Hello, this case is similar to mine.

I am on an F1 visa doing a phD in the US and my husband applied for F2 but was denied on the 24th of November,2021.

Reason they gave is 214b and the only question asked is how he intends to make money to support me if he is gone from his business for 3months(he indicated on the DS160 that he is returning March 2022)

We have tried to correct that on the form to reflect his duration to tally with my duration of study since it is F2 but we also indicated in the reason for denial in the new DS160 that he would be returning at intervals to oversee his business while his team members run it while he is away.

He is into tech startups and has a side job.
He is resigning this December to focus on his business though.

We also indicated all the businesses he runs in the new DS-160 and also that I have a fully funded assistantship which covers my tuition,health insurance and monthly stipend so he wouldn't need to support me.

This is because he said the VO also mentioned that he is sponsoring me because he provided the deficit which shows on the I-20.

He only provided a small deficit of 3k dollars about 1.5million and my friend who is a US Permanent resident was a guarantor for the amount required for F2.

He has been to the US twice of B1/B2 and spent a week and a month respectively on both trip and returned home.

I really need help as we are already applying again and I want him to join me this Christmas. I left August 2021 and during my interview when asked if he would be coming,I said that our plan is that he visits and I also visit during Summer breaks.

Was this wrong?

Our marriage is just 2years 8months and we have no child yet.

How else does he show home ties(we mentioned businesses and included his full time job on the form too)

Is it really a red flag since his name is on the I-20 as a sponsor even though it's a small deficit and I am fully funded.
How do we correct this? Do I tell my school to remove his name on the I-20?

I'm sorry for the long post,just trying to get a date asap for December.
I have gotten a lease approved for our apartment here and I can't cancel it.

If I may add, you mentioned that your husband has visited in the past, does he still have a valid B1/B2 visit? Is he still have a valid B1/B2 visit and intends to visit you for just 3 months, why is he not coming on B1/B2 visa and seeking for a new F2 visit?

Lastly, was he interviewed by the popular Korean guy in Abuja?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Goz22: 10:36am On Nov 29, 2021
Guys please I need help. I got denied visa at Abuja on November 8th 2021. I applied for EA and got denied. And my resumption is 10th of January 2022. I’ve already booked my flight ticket for December and paid half of my fees. I sent my details for Abuja surge but they directed me to the EA place and I can’t apply for EA because I was denied in the last 6 months. What do I do �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abjisperson(m): 11:11am On Nov 29, 2021
Goz22:
Guys please I need help. I got denied visa at Abuja on November 8th 2021. I applied for EA and got denied. And my resumption is 10th of January 2022. I’ve already booked my flight ticket for December and paid half of my fees. I sent my details for Abuja surge but they directed me to the EA place and I can’t apply for EA because I was denied in the last 6 months. What do I do �
try surge...send the six items required to the email address
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by zanyt: 11:20am On Nov 29, 2021
Good morning all.
Pls i want to apply for Surge
I want to ask those that have applied for the Surge, did you request for the date you want or they just selected any date for you.
I want Dec 15th should, i just send my documents or and also request for the date i want.
Your response is highly appreciated.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UAVdrones: 11:35am On Nov 29, 2021
Someone should plz recommend any cheap hotel close to Lagos consulate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JonSnow23: 11:54am On Nov 29, 2021
UAVdrones:

Villa Angellia - Book using hotels ng.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JonSnow23: 12:06pm On Nov 29, 2021
Visa Approved Recently..

My advice

Always try and make a connection with a VO.

He needs to understand why you going for a masters (natural career progression from your undergrad studies, work experience (taking a new role)), why you made a career change and what the masters is going to do for you etc.

Its better you chose a masters in relation to your undergrad degree, or in relation to your job function... Its a logical connection for the VO ... Well I know its not the case for all....

Noticed a lot of people say a lot and its difficult to really get why they going for a masters. (lots of information added)

Keep it short and concise.

Try to be confident.

Lastly, pray..

23 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by zanyt: 12:11pm On Nov 29, 2021
Hello guys pls i need a response.
I want to ask those that have applied for the Surge, did you request for the date you want or they just selected any date for you.
I want Dec 15th should, i just send my documents or and also request for the date i want.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by housegirl: 12:17pm On Nov 29, 2021
seeker321:

If I may add, you mentioned that your husband has visited in the past, does he still have a valid B1/B2 visit? Is he still have a valid B1/B2 visit and intends to visit you for just 3 months, why is he not coming on B1/B2 visa and seeking for a new F2 visit?

Lastly, was he interviewed by the popular Korean guy in Abuja?

My Reply:

The B1/B2 expired in 2020. I thought that might be the problem so we changed it to F2 since he might stay longer than 3months.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adejal: 12:20pm On Nov 29, 2021
Hello guys,
Please I need your help. I applied for my EA on Wednesday last week and since then I've not heard anything from the embassy. What do you suggest I do? This is my first visa application.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 12:30pm On Nov 29, 2021
Only EA will allow you pick date from the available ones.

Surge already have scheduled date that will be given to you.
zanyt:
Hello guys pls i need a response.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rawly111: 12:46pm On Nov 29, 2021
Please is it okay to state my program's start date in the email?
mojolajesu:
Only EA will allow you pick date from the available ones.

Surge already have scheduled date that will be given to you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Neffy(f): 1:03pm On Nov 29, 2021
R u a female?

UAVdrones:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UAVdrones: 1:15pm On Nov 29, 2021
No, male.
Neffy:
R u a female?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Milan25: 1:47pm On Nov 29, 2021
Please am going for a Masters different from my course of study and work experience, will it affect my chances? I studied law at my undergraduate level and also worked as a lawyer.

I am making a switch to information systems because of the Prospect of the course here in Nigeria and the fact that working in my current organization over the years I got to understand the importance of information systems to every organization that wants to attain excellence in the nearest future and excel rapidly.

PLEASE ARE MY POINTS VALID ENOUGH ON WHY I AM SWITCHING.

Please I need an answer my interview is for 1st of December, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 1:57pm On Nov 29, 2021
It’s fine. I did the same
Rawly111:
Please is it okay to state my program's start date in the email?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AshleyJohnson13: 2:06pm On Nov 29, 2021
Oh, getting a us visa is quite a challenge, I totally understand you. I still can't believe how I managed to do that. I've been living there for a while now, and soon I'll have to extend my 5-year russian passport in order to stay in this country. I've already found a service that'll help me with that, and hopefully, I won't have to go back to Russia.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sirchukky2017: 2:10pm On Nov 29, 2021
please where did you do your interview. was it Lagos or abuja
JonSnow23:
Visa Approved Recently..

My advice

He needs to understand why you going for a masters (natural career progression from your undergrad studies, work experience (taking a new role)), why you made a career change and what the masters is going to do for you etc.

Its better you chose a masters in relation to your undergrad degree, or in relation to your job function... Its a logical connection for the VO ... Well I know its not the case for all....

Noticed a lot of people say a lot and its difficult to really get why they going for a masters. (lots of information added)

Try to be confident.

Lastly, pray..

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by aydebug(m): 2:15pm On Nov 29, 2021
JonSnow23:
Visa Approved Recently..

My advice

Try to be confident.

Lastly, pray..

Congratulations, kindly drop your transcript.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Presto12: 2:21pm On Nov 29, 2021
Abuja is giving Emergency dates now. I submitted my documents for EA on Saturday and it was granted today. I eventually got an appointment date for 16th of December 2021 after rescheduling.

Hint: type a detailed message while applying for EA. You can as well put your SEVIS ID, resumption date etc. Your message shouldn't be scanty. Give it a try! Good luck to us all!

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmmanuelBlaze04: 2:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
Please I need an answer from any good Samaritan. I know other procedures, from I-20 to DS-160, I have been following this thread for so long and i've gained alot, thanks to those that give their time to answer questions, God will bless you all.
However, what battles me is that when I want to apply to any university,for undergraduate studies, the always require High school cumulative GPA, even for international students, I heard some used WAEC and used WES for the calculation or somehow. My WAEC isn't so good,and my NECO is filled with Bs and Cs. So, my question is, is there any university that'll give me admission if I do ACT/SAT only or language proficiency test only without high school cumulative GPA?
Please anyone that can explain, God shall bless the person

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dydx2020(m): 2:52pm On Nov 29, 2021
Congratulations Brother, I need ur advice. I studied Public Administration and going for MBA . how do I convince VO about my career / course change.

I work with as Operations Executive in a Sea Port
Please, respond

JonSnow23:
Visa Approved Recently..

My advice

Try to be confident.

Lastly, pray..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sirchukky2017: 2:54pm On Nov 29, 2021
please is this your first time of applying for interview date or you have gone for an interview before ?
Presto12:
Abuja is giving Emergency dates now. I submitted my documents for EA on Saturday and it was granted today. I eventually got an appointment date for 16th of December 2021 after rescheduling.

Hint: type a detailed message while applying for EA. You can as well put your SEVIS ID, resumption date etc. Your message shouldn't be scanty. Give it a try! Good luck to us all!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Neffy(f): 3:07pm On Nov 29, 2021
Pls guys do they ask for your vaccine card during the interview

Pls it's urgent
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UAVdrones: 3:16pm On Nov 29, 2021
If you are using common APP for application, there's room for homeschooled students. That's students without official result from any school. But there are too many schools that aren't registered on common APP. I won't advise you to apply without Waec result. Simply retake the exam and apply. Registration is still on.
EmmanuelBlaze04:
Please I need an answer from any good Samaritan. I know other procedures, from I-20 to DS-160, I have been following this thread for so long and i've gained alot, thanks to those that give their time to answer questions, God will bless you all.
However, what battles me is that when I want to apply to any university,for undergraduate studies, the always require High school cumulative GPA, even for international students, I heard some used WAEC and used WES for the calculation or somehow. My WAEC isn't so good,and my NECO is filled with Bs and Cs. So, my question is, is there any university that'll give me admission if I do ACT/SAT only or language proficiency test only without high school cumulative GPA?
Please anyone that can explain, God shall bless the person
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UAVdrones: 3:17pm On Nov 29, 2021
No. Just go with your face mask.
Neffy:
Pls guys do they ask for your vaccine card during the interview

Pls it's urgent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmmanuelBlaze04: 3:33pm On Nov 29, 2021
UAVdrones:
If you are using common APP for application, there's room for homeschooled students. That's students without official result from any school. But there are too many schools that aren't registered on common APP. I won't advise you to apply without Waec result. Simply retake the exam and apply. Registration is still on.
Thanks so much, I appreciate your candid advice smiley
UAVdrones:
Thanks so much, I appreciate your candid advice
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Presto12: 4:05pm On Nov 29, 2021
Sirchukky2017:
please is this your first time of applying for interview date or you have gone for an interview before ?
first time
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmmanuelBlaze04: 4:21pm On Nov 29, 2021
UAVdrones:
But please, if I do SAT and have a high score, would it help my GPA to any American college? because I learnt that high SAT helps low high school cumulative GPA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UAVdrones: 4:30pm On Nov 29, 2021
Yes. It'll increase your chances of admission.
EmmanuelBlaze04:
But please, if I do SAT and have a high score, would it help my GPA to any American college? because I learnt that high SAT helps low high school cumulative GPA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tasho105(m): 4:59pm On Nov 29, 2021
Applied for Lagos surge for my niece last Thursday and it was approved today.
Requested for 8th Dec and got it.
...quote author=zanyt post=108055120]Good morning all.

[/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.