Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,263 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (630) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1640535 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sakasitay(m): 7:45pm On Dec 06, 2021
Is anybody going to or already in Philadelphia?

Make we align via email . Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ameristu: 7:52pm On Dec 06, 2021
Godchangeme:
Is there anyone in the US that has an extra vehicle willing to give out to help someone in need of one? I need a vehicle badly but I couldn't afford one it's really stressful moving from school to work and home. I'll be glad if anyone can help or advise me on what to do. Thanks

Which state are you? I might know someone.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Godchangeme: 9:13pm On Dec 06, 2021
ameristu:

Which state are you? I might know someone.
South Carolina. But state doesn’t matter I could find a way to move it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 10:04pm On Dec 06, 2021
If you are asked how you found out about the school, and you know fully well that you found out about it on search engine. Please how do you answer that?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nanthediverse: 10:18pm On Dec 06, 2021
ZionSpecie:

Where in Winsconsin?

University of Wisconsin Milwaukee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by somtokris: 10:20pm On Dec 06, 2021
Please guys I am having serious difficulty in paying SIVES FEES , pls can anyone suggest a good western union agent in Abuja that I can make use of in order to make payments for my SIVES FEES.

Most importantly guys I have not be able to successfully make my SIVES FEES payments & I have already done my Biometrics on Sunday, remaining my interview which is Tuesday ( that is today) do you guys suggest I continue with the Visa interview or I shouldn't go for the interview until my SIVES FEES payment is done & completed.

Please guys give me your genuine advice please, so I don't make mistakes.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dixon400(m): 10:36pm On Dec 06, 2021
All appointments for the student visa surge have been filled in Lagos. Any suggestion on what to do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 10:45pm On Dec 06, 2021
you can not pay if from NIGERIA , but outside NIGERIA. i heard you can do it at one of the banks at seme border.
If you have someone in the USA it will take seconds to do it at any western union office.

somtokris:
Please guys I am having serious difficulty in paying SIVES FEES , pls can anyone suggest a good western union agent in Abuja that I can make use of in order to make payments for my SIVES FEES.

Most importantly guys I have not be able to successfully make my SIVES FEES payments & I have already done my Biometrics on Sunday, remaining my interview which is Tuesday ( that is today) do you guys suggest I continue with the Visa interview or I shouldn't go for the interview until my SIVES FEES payment is done & completed.

Please guys give me your genuine advice please, so I don't make mistakes.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 10:46pm On Dec 06, 2021
differ your admission to a later date.

dixon400:
All appointments for the student visa surge have been filled in Lagos. Any suggestion on what to do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bigheadday: 10:50pm On Dec 06, 2021
Greetings all, I just mailed LagosStudents@state.gov to enable me schedule a visa interview date but unfortunately the response I got was that Lagos surge period has been filled. Did anyone here applied today via the email address? Please give a brother heads up if you have any info on how to go about it.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 10:52pm On Dec 06, 2021
sorry for your expirence.
i would difer my admission to a later semester.

Mofeife:
Good day everyone, I was denied an f1 last week. I really want to try again but my case is a lill different from others on the thread of experiences here.

I had once(6yrs ago) been to Texas on b1/b2, I delivered my twins children there(all bills paid and left within 4months, so I didn't overstay), my hubby (got his visa 6months after I returned)in his 1st attempt to travel was denied entry and visa cancelled(same week Trump was sworn in). Three month after his cancellation, I applied for my daughter's b1/b2 and renewed my expired visa(draw box era). Five months(2019) to expiring I attempted to travel with all my children but we were denied board(on connection flight to US) after a stop over at Dubai- Emirates flights. So I stayed away from anything US until recently when I got admission to a college in Texas still. Details on I-20:
Total cost for 2 yrs- $10,000
Sponsor- family friend

Interview experience:
V.O - Good morning
Me- Good morning
V.O- pass documents
Me- here
V.O- What's your present qualification
Me- Masters in business administration
V.O- what are you going to study now
Me- Associate degree in Physical Therapy
V.O- more like you changing your career path
Me- Exactly
V.O- why?
Me- after covid, work experience has been changed and no longer deriving any satisfaction in my job, so I resigned and started a business of mine which is registered and striving good. Meanwhile, I had 2 business ideas and this course is to help me kick on the 2nd which is to set up a rehab center.

V.O- why the school?
Me: affordable and small class size which will foster personal attention.

V.O- who's your sponsor?
Me- myself and Mrs...who is a psychiatrist nurse practitioner in... In Texas.
V.O- and she is your friend?(although I didn't hear dat right and just assumed that was what he intended).
Me: Yes.
V.O: I'm sorry u are not qualified.....
Me- thank you.

Kindly advise if anything looks wrong with this. Meanwhile, I have another reason (health on my citizen son) to apply for b1/b2, can I apply for that immediately?

I do not intend to give up on my f1 too, since I can't get another emergency appointment (although I haven't tried) what can I do to keep my admission intact?
Pls you advice is needed as I'm on the system to hit another DS 160.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 10:54pm On Dec 06, 2021
Big yes
all study visas have the earliest resumption date attached and the USA and Canadian embassies usually put in a note to remind you too.
Ifyonyem1:

Is it possible to be sent back when you have a valid canada visa and you are on transit,
Is it possible to be returned back to ur home country
Reason being that you are travelling earlier than you are suppose to ..for instance you are meant to resume by October for but you are traveling March
Can you be denied access to reaching ur final destination ..because a friend of mine said she was sent back from germany
Back to Nigeria and was asked to return when he's time of study is near ..I wanna know how possible that is ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pesbest: 1:00am On Dec 07, 2021
with 100% funding for the PhD and also teaching assistant/research assistant offer............would there be need for SOA is the SOA mandatory in case

jaymore:
VISA Approved today, December 6th, 2021 in Abuja.

School: University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.

Program: PhD Chemical Engineering.

COA: $41483
Funding: $46298

Time Slot: 09:15 am but I got there around 08:00 am and was interviewed around 11:00 am.

Only one VO attended to Non-Immigrants - the bald white male (without glasses).

While outside, I noticed a lot of people left with blue papers. When I got in, this trend continued including one going for her master's in public health with her family.
For the white paper rain, four people before me were approved in a row. The first was a guy going for his MS (Finance or something in that line). He is an accountant and got a loan of about #6 million for his program. Next is a lawyer going for a visit/vacation. He had been to the US on two occasions (One for his nephew's graduation and second, for a visit to his sister in California). The third is a guy going to Georgia State University for his MS (Biology or Virology. I couldn't hear him well). He had a deficit of around $780. The fourth is a lady going to Georgia State University for her MS too. She has a deficit of around $14k.

Now, my turn.

Vo: (While stepping forward to him) Can I have your documents, please?
Me: Yeah, sure. Good morning!

Vo: Good morning.
Me: How are you today?

Vo: Fine. Have you traveled out before?
Me: No, I have not.

Vo: Place your fingers on the fingerprint scanner.
(I did exactly as he instructed).

Vo: What University are you going to?
ME: I am going to the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville for my PhD degree in Chemical Engineering.

Vo: Why did you choose this school?
Me: I chose to join University of Arkansas for a number of reasons:
First, my research interest is in the area of membrane separations and Professor Wickramasinghe is a leading researcher in this area. He is currently working on membrane separations for biofuels to solve the problem (I had a lot to talk about but he didn't give me enough chance to state my reasons for choosing this school. He nodded and cut me)

Vo: What do you do?
Me: I am lecturer at the chemical engineering department, OAU. I teach first year and second year undergraduate courses in biochemical engineering and chemical separations. I also assist professors with research activities and guide students with homework and research activities.

Vo: What will you be coming back to do?
Me: I will be returning to my work as a lecturer I and set up my lab where I can continue my research and at the same time mentor young minds for the future.

Vo: Do you have any friends or family members in the US?
Me: No, I don't have any one in the US.
(He typed for a while and said the golden words).

Vo: Everything looks okay. I will be recommending your visa for approval. This paper will explain how you will pick up your passport in 2-3 days. Take this I-20 with you always.
Me: Thank you. Have a great day

PS: The above was my fourth attempt. The first three attempts were for MS Chemical Engineering at SDMines without funding.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CanotEngiE(m): 2:15am On Dec 07, 2021
Waskylala:

It seems they have finally transferred the Asian guy.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chimdy2015: 2:18am On Dec 07, 2021
They dont want to hear you have family in the US. In addition the way your family migrated from school is wat they frown at. They want students to cine back to their home country.

Calebohilebo:

Please expert in the house help me check my transcript
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CanotEngiE(m): 2:19am On Dec 07, 2021
jaymore:
VISA Approved today, December 6th, 2021 in Abuja.

School: University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.

Program: PhD Chemical Engineering.

COA: $41483
Funding: $46298

Time Slot: 09:15 am but I got there around 08:00 am and was interviewed around 11:00 am.

Only one VO attended to Non-Immigrants - the bald white male (without glasses).

While outside, I noticed a lot of people left with blue papers. When I got in, this trend continued including one going for her master's in public health with her family.
For the white paper rain, four people before me were approved in a row. The first was a guy going for his MS (Finance or something in that line). He is an accountant and got a loan of about #6 million for his program. Next is a lawyer going for a visit/vacation. He had been to the US on two occasions (One for his nephew's graduation and second, for a visit to his sister in California). The third is a guy going to Georgia State University for his MS (Biology or Virology. I couldn't hear him well). He had a deficit of around $780. The fourth is a lady going to Georgia State University for her MS too. She has a deficit of around $14k.

Now, my turn.

Vo: (While stepping forward to him) Can I have your documents, please?
Me: Yeah, sure. Good morning!

Vo: Good morning.
Me: How are you today?

Vo: Fine. Have you traveled out before?
Me: No, I have not.

Vo: Place your fingers on the fingerprint scanner.
(I did exactly as he instructed).

Vo: What University are you going to?
ME: I am going to the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville for my PhD degree in Chemical Engineering.

Vo: Why did you choose this school?
Me: I chose to join University of Arkansas for a number of reasons:
First, my research interest is in the area of membrane separations and Professor Wickramasinghe is a leading researcher in this area. He is currently working on membrane separations for biofuels to solve the problem (I had a lot to talk about but he didn't give me enough chance to state my reasons for choosing this school. He nodded and cut me)

Vo: What do you do?
Me: I am lecturer at the chemical engineering department, OAU. I teach first year and second year undergraduate courses in biochemical engineering and chemical separations. I also assist professors with research activities and guide students with homework and research activities.

Vo: What will you be coming back to do?
Me: I will be returning to my work as a lecturer I and set up my lab where I can continue my research and at the same time mentor young minds for the future.

Vo: Do you have any friends or family members in the US?
Me: No, I don't have any one in the US.
(He typed for a while and said the golden words).

Vo: Everything looks okay. I will be recommending your visa for approval. This paper will explain how you will pick up your passport in 2-3 days. Take this I-20 with you always.
Me: Thank you. Have a great day

PS: The above was my fourth attempt. The first three attempts were for MS Chemical Engineering at SDMines without funding.
wow! I tap into this oo

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ZionSpecie(m): 2:59am On Dec 07, 2021
Nanthediverse:

University of Wisconsin Milwaukee
Sorry bro I know no one at Milwaukee, but Superior
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ADEX0123: 3:35am On Dec 07, 2021
Pls people in the house kindly help on this What are the requirement documents to have before you can request for emergency date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CanotEngiE(m): 3:54am On Dec 07, 2021
seeker321:

You should mail TnTech and ask for extended date of resumption. Attach the change of appointment email from the embassy.

Which course are you going for at TnTech?
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CanotEngiE(m): 3:56am On Dec 07, 2021
ADEX0123:
Pls people in the house kindly help on this What are the requirement documents to have before you can request for emergency date
Evidence that you must resume within 60days. So you I-20 is key and other supporting docs. You have the opportunity to add up to five docs. Maybe SEVIS fee (to show that you are serious and have paid), Funding letter (if available), passport ( to show it’s not expired), MRV if possible too.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 5:37am On Dec 07, 2021
Good Morning Fam, please someone should help me with an answer, mu interview is this week.
Chynwem:
If you are asked how you found out about the school, and you know fully well that you found out about it on search engine. Please how do you answer that?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 5:39am On Dec 07, 2021
Good Morning Fam, please someone should help me with an answer my interview is this week
Chynwem:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HDwayne: 8:00am On Dec 07, 2021
Good morning house, is it still possible for someone who’s reapplying to get appointment date thru EA or priority surge. Program start date is 19th Jan, 2022.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jaymore: 8:03am On Dec 07, 2021
Pesbest:
with 100% funding for the PhD and also teaching assistant/research assistant offer............would there be need for SOA is the SOA mandatory in case

There would be no need for a SOA.

As a matter of fact, I didn't go with any.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by KeriBaby(f): 8:13am On Dec 07, 2021
Good morning guys, so I have filled my DS160 form(submitting soon), paid for sevis and was told that it would take the embassy 2 days to verify my payment, please I want to know the next steps, should I go ahead and pay visa fee?

Please someone help, also is anyone going to Eastern Michigan University here? January in take.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 8:41am On Dec 07, 2021
CanotEngiE:
Hi Hi, I never knew a thread like this existed. Thanks guys.
I’m to commence my RA and GA for masters in TnTech Tennessee on 3rd Jan, and classes begin 10th Jan. My Visa interview was initially scheduled for 7th Dec but suddenly I saw an email of a shift to 12th Jan. That’s far from my scheduled resumption… what can I do? I applied for another emergency Visa schedule (I had applied before to get the 7th date)… do you think the embassy just shifts Visa dates abruptly?
Please someone talk to me. I have got funding and don’t wanna miss it.
Lastly is there anyone going to Tennessee, TnTech??
Boss I applied for fall'22, which program are you going for?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hazardd(m): 8:59am On Dec 07, 2021
emmanuelle27:
Boss I applied for fall'22, which program are you going for?
reply ur mail bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObaOfEsan: 9:10am On Dec 07, 2021
Anyone having his/her interview on Dec 22 Abuja ?? Lets talk please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gmull3r: 9:14am On Dec 07, 2021
Good morning, please I’m trying to fill the Ds-160 on my ipad and it keeps taking me back and giving error messages.
Please, does anyone have an idea of what to do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 9:17am On Dec 07, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olaslaze: 9:20am On Dec 07, 2021
Best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by KeriBaby(f): 9:23am On Dec 07, 2021
It’s been impossible to create an account so I can apply for a visa, is there a hack? Help please

(1) (2) (3) ... (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.