Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (699) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1655594 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) (701) (702) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nanthediverse: 2:42pm On Jan 08, 2022
This is the level I'm now. Do I need to accept the 28th jouly and then apply for emergency appointment because my school resume 24th of this month. Someone should help

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by oracle009(m): 2:52pm On Jan 08, 2022
GboyegaD:

Did you meet Dammy in your program? Asking because I know he finished from your program at Ohio and did his undergraduate at Ife too.

Yea... I know him. cheesy

Trust you are good. Ife alumnus also?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kiiishiii: 3:14pm On Jan 08, 2022
StanUc:
Hello, please I sent you a PM request. Thanks

My email address is I.talabi@yahoo.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kiiishiii: 3:15pm On Jan 08, 2022
slimmy2005:
Please has anyone flown Emirates recently?

They’ve been having issue with Nigeria lately. I would say you should avoid them
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kiiishiii: 3:40pm On Jan 08, 2022
If you got admitted for Spring semester Bowie state University, please quote me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 4:25pm On Jan 08, 2022
Nanthediverse:
This is the level I'm now. Do I need to accept the 28th jouly and then apply for emergency appointment because my school resume 24th of this month. Someone should help

Don't fret! If this is your first time of seeking emergency. Pick any date and apply for emergency, (put up strong reasons). Your emergency appointment will most likely be approved. But before then try to apply for a letter of extension from your school. Aim for sometime in February.
I wish you the best.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by GboyegaD(m): 4:31pm On Jan 08, 2022
oracle009:

Yea... I know him. cheesy

Trust you are good. Ife alumni also?

I'm doing good, thanks for asking and I'm an Ife alumni.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 4:35pm On Jan 08, 2022
tayex1:
Hello Gurus...
I have been following this trend for a long while and I have learned a whole lot silently all thanks to you all.

My case is a little peculiar and I need as much advice as I can get.

I recently got admitted for an MBA program with full tuition for my two years amounting to $92,000 and other fees covered by the school scholarship. I was also given a graduate assistantship slot. The living costs will be covered personally as I have enough saved for that.

However, I have a pending immigration petition in place by my folks.

How do I convince a V.O that I am returning? I sincerely intend to regardless of my petition as I have two startups that are doing well and the essence of the MBA is to have global knowledge of how things can be applied here.

Hi Tayex,
So a pending immigration petition already shows immigrant intent, clearly! Well it can be overcome.

Firstly, depends on the VO who interviews you. Sometimes they don't want to hear anything as soon as they see you already have a 1-130 application running concurrently.

So if you have a VO that's willing to listen. Try as much as possible to emphasize on your intent as a genuine student. How can you do this, elaborate on your scholarship - if you had an excellent GPA sell it out. Put out your best. And make sure you have strong ties to Nigeria.

Secondly dissociate your application from all that has to do with your family in the states. Any reason your giving should have to do with your career growth/progression and your imminent plans to return to your home country after studies.

Nothing is insurmountable as long as there is a strategy in place.

I wish you the very best. And you shall share your testimony.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 4:35pm On Jan 08, 2022
Marv5:
Please who has anyone in US that can help with the payment of the SEVIS Form? I’d pay the person….Pls contact me here ademusire2015@gmail.com…it’s urgent!!!

Check your email
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by GboyegaD(m): 4:47pm On Jan 08, 2022
Oluh:
Please I need you guys to advice me on this. I just got a graduate assistantship in a school I applied to last year and I have an interview for another school in abuja next week which I was only offered a scholarship of 18k which was splitted into 9k each for the 2years. I’m confused on what to do.

Why not accept the GA and reschedule your appointment to suit the semester you intend starting your new program?

Having funding gives your application more chances of approval and ease the financial burden on your sponsor.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by GboyegaD(m): 4:55pm On Jan 08, 2022
dzee1:
Thanks for your response.
Please how about applying from another country like next door Ghana or through Mexico when I visit the US?

Why complicated your issues? Apply for your F1 from Nigeria and the decision doesn't impact on your B1/B2.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 4:56pm On Jan 08, 2022
phoyeks:
Hello to everyone in the house especially the Gurus. I came to this platform about a month ago and have been learning so much from all the transcripts and responses. Pls I will like to ask for some counsel.This is my scenerio:
My son got an admission for an undergraduate study for Fall 2022 just last December, 2021. Prior to this, we( the whole family) had applied for B1/B2 and had gotten an appointment for May,2022 as a group. Now my son is to apply for F1 and after calling the embassy, we were told there's the probability the whole family's appointment may be cancelled once we try to switch his application to F1. The next available dates are from July 2023! We are at a crossroad on what to do. Meanwhile his Sevis fee and acceptance fee have been paid for.
Question: 1. Do we leave his B1/B2 so our appointment is secured i.e he will appear with us and afterwards file for F1?
2. Do we take the risk and cancel the appointment so his application for f1 is effected? 3. Can he appear for the Tourist visa and then pay for another MRV to fill for F1? I"ll really appreciate if these questions and what steps to take can be clarified. Thank you.
rate your son's F1 and the family b1/b2 on a scale of preference and make a decision, if the latter is just for casual holidays I'll suggest you prioritize your son's F1, family holidays can always happen some other time, besides if they cancel your appointment, you can keep checking the portal especially in the midnights it will throw up earlier dates within 2022 for your family b1/b2, you can even use the emergency appointment option if the holidays/event you wish to attend has a definite date/time frame, but like I said earlier, weigh your options and prioritize.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by GboyegaD(m): 5:01pm On Jan 08, 2022
Fawaz12345:

Yes my sister entered through F1

Go get your visa. Your siblings completing their education makes you credible to also pressure study which is your purpose of travel.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by GboyegaD(m): 5:12pm On Jan 08, 2022
phoyeks:
Hello to everyone in the house especially the Gurus. I came to this platform about a month ago and have been learning so much from all the transcripts and responses. Pls I will like to ask for some counsel.This is my scenerio:
My son got an admission for an undergraduate study for Fall 2022 just last December, 2021. Prior to this, we( the whole family) had applied for B1/B2 and had gotten an appointment for May,2022 as a group. Now my son is to apply for F1 and after calling the embassy, we were told there's the probability the whole family's appointment may be cancelled once we try to switch his application to F1. The next available dates are from July 2023! We are at a crossroad on what to do. Meanwhile his Sevis fee and acceptance fee have been paid for.
Question: 1. Do we leave his B1/B2 so our appointment is secured i.e he will appear with us and afterwards file for F1?
2. Do we take the risk and cancel the appointment so his application for f1 is effected? 3. Can he appear for the Tourist visa and then pay for another MRV to fill for F1? I"ll really appreciate if these questions and what steps to take can be clarified. Thank you.

Don't cancel the appointment. He can apply for his F1 upon approval of the B1.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nanthediverse: 5:14pm On Jan 08, 2022
NigPatriot:

Don't fret! If this is your first time of seeking emergency. Pick any date and apply for emergency, (put up strong reasons). Your emergency appointment will most likely be approved. But before then try to apply for a letter of extension from your school. Aim for sometime in February.
I wish you the best.

Thank you so much bro. They rejected my 2weeks extension, what are the documents I'll upload via email to apply for emergency date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nanthediverse: 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2022
I have finished this thread and I can't find email for emergency application for Abuja. Please someone should help, my school resumes 24th jan

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2022
bro, tell them how important it is to be in school early. Applying for EA is not plenty email. If you have scholarship or Assistantship, state it there.
Nanthediverse:
I have finished this thread and I can't find email for emergency application for Abuja. Please someone should help, my school resumes 24th jan
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nanthediverse: 6:16pm On Jan 08, 2022
mojolajesu:
bro, tell them how important it is to be in school early. Applying for EA is not plenty email. If you have scholarship or Assistantship, state it there.

The problem is the email to contact Abuja for EA, I have drafted a good message to send. I have a scholarship from state government also.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Blu3print: 7:08pm On Jan 08, 2022
Nanthediverse:

The problem is the email to contact Abuja for EA, I have drafted a good message to send. I have a scholarship from state government also.

Hello! You can apply for EA directly from the cgi portal if it’s your first time and you haven’t been denied in the last 6 months. No need for email contacts for Abuja. If it’s approved; you should get an EA date of Jan 20! Best to hurry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 7:22pm On Jan 08, 2022
Just use the CGI portal. Even if you have been denied recently, still try your luck.
Nanthediverse:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by uchennangene(f): 7:32pm On Jan 08, 2022
Good evening my good people.

Please I’m really bothered about the fact that I went to put a job I started last year October in my DS-160 as my current job instead using the one I’ve been working since 2019. I don’t know if it makes sense to go back and remove the new job

Probably that was why they delayed my visa last month. Because that doesn’t show strong ties

Please what do you think? Is it better to go back and remove it? I was delayed last month with same info.

I’m wondering if it makes sense to completely remove it from my ds-160.

P.S. My transcript was posted here.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Blueychic(f): 8:17pm On Jan 08, 2022
[quote author=Blueychic post=109128631]Good day everyone, my application was done in June 2021 and I stated that my resumption was for August 22nd 2021 in my ds-160. Unfortunately I couldn't get an appointment date. When I emailed my school, I was told to defer till spring resumption and was issued another i-20 which will work with my new interview date in January. Does this mean I need to fill another ds-160? Because date has really been an issue for me and I already filled the fall resumption date .
Thank you in advance.[/quote

Please I am new here, help me I beg you my elders.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Greatkenny2: 9:35pm On Jan 08, 2022
Badguy001:

Oh! I just replied you before seeing this! Still perform a WES evaluation, if your GPA comes up to 2.80, you do have a chance! Generally, you do have a chance if what you have done between your diploma and now is compelling enough! I am aware of a US CS professor at UIUC whose undergraduate GPA was 2.4/4.0 on the US Scale! And I read somewhere about an Asian whose GPA was even 2.16/4.00 at undergrad and got into Carnegie Mellon's CS Program!

The challenge with your profile is that it's a polytechnic diploma but I think you stand a chance still. Check this out: https://www.nairaland.com/370346/what-hnd-equivalent-usa

Best of luck!
bro do you mind if we connect? I really need your counsel
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 10:09pm On Jan 08, 2022
Blueychic:
please sir/ma I really need your help with this.
Hello.

Fill a new DS-160,
Correct the arrival dates,
Update your cgi profile with the new DS-160 confirmation number,
Print out the new appointment confirmation slip.

Complete all the above 3days to your appointment date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phoyeks: 11:01pm On Jan 08, 2022
bukhety:

I would suggest you go for the B1/B2 interview. If granted, according to the new waiver program, he might not need to appear for an F1 Interview. This is if he applies while still in Nigeria.

NB: it is left to the prerogative of the VO either to waive or not waive a visa interview.

This visa waiver is valid throughout 2022 for those who have been issued any other visa in the past and are not ineligible in any way.

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE. I just read about the new waiver program. We've had the B1/B2 before so should qualify for the new waiver, hopefully.
I appreciate your assistance and to all who responded with their opinions.
Still trying to get a hang of replying or commenting on people's posts on this platform. wink wink

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MelaninGemstone(f): 11:05pm On Jan 08, 2022
beejhay69:

Hello.

Fill a new DS-160,

Also print your new DS-160 confirmation and don’t make the mistake of taking the old one to your interview!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phoyeks: 11:22pm On Jan 08, 2022
GboyegaD:

Don't cancel the appointment. He can apply for his F1 upon approval of the B1.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Babnxst93: 12:22am On Jan 09, 2022
Please kindly advise, I just got admitted into Ball state university but i was told that GA decision will be made available mid march but the issue here is that i am been asked to send in my bank statement so they can send me my I-20

I dont know if i should go ahead and send my bank statement so i can get the i-20 while i continue to wait for funding decision or i should hold on till i get funding decision

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 1:58am On Jan 09, 2022
Babnxst93:
Please kindly advise, I just got admitted into Ball state university but i was told that GA decision will be made available mid march but the issue here is that i am been asked to send in my bank statement so they can send me my I-20

I dont know if i should go ahead and send my bank statement so i can get the i-20 while i continue to wait for funding decision or i should hold on till i get funding decision
hold on till funding decision
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 2:01am On Jan 09, 2022
phoyeks:

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE. I just read about the new waiver program. We've had the B1/B2 before so should qualify for the new waiver, hopefully.
I appreciate your assistance and to all who responded with their opinions.
Still trying to get a hang of replying or commenting on people's posts on this platform. wink wink
I'm not sure that the same Americans that cancelled Drop Box for nigerian Nationals will agree to include us in this there new interview waiver program, email them directly to clarify though

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Blueychic(f): 3:21am On Jan 09, 2022
beejhay69:

Hello.

Fill a new DS-160,

(1) (2) (3) ... (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) (701) (702) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.