Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (696) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1643960 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) (699) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MelaninGemstone(f): 10:07pm On Jan 06, 2022
KayKayShanana:
I am surprised they requested for your bank statements, very strange, they have stopped checking documents for a while now.

My feedback on your transcript- you missed the question on study plans, your response should have been the count of credit hours, count of courses and possibly compulsory/elective courses to take.
All the best.

Why did they stop checking documents?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 10:23pm On Jan 06, 2022
MelaninGemstone:
Why did they stop checking documents?
They assume people forge documents. So they rarely asked except on a few occasions!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by neurosci: 11:48pm On Jan 06, 2022
bukhety:

They assume people forge documents. So they rarely asked except on a few occasions!

What?? If they assume people forge documents, that will make them check documents even more, not less.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ifedayosol(m): 11:58pm On Jan 06, 2022
Relax man, na the truth you hear so. VO no care Abt ur document cos dey understand how easy it is for us to forge Dem. They don't have that time to dey confirm genuineness. Come and talk ur talk, that's all dey care Abt.

neurosci:

What?? If they assume people forge documents, that will make them check documents even more, not less.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tinafusty: 12:09am On Jan 07, 2022
MelaninGemstone:
US are really crazy o!!!! My cousin had his visa interview today at the US Embassy in Abuja and they denied him !!!! I think this transcript is very okay. The guy is feeling suicidal right now. Please guru’s in the house, please help me scrutinize this!!

* V.O: Pass me your passport and i20

* V.O: Where are you going to?
I am going to Texas A&M Kingsville University for my Masters in Electrical Engineering

* V.O: How did you hear about TAMUK
I have two family friends who currently study at Texas A&M Kingsville. They told me a whole lot about the University and the quality of education I stand to also benefit if I come.

* V.O: Which other school did you applied to and how many admitted you?
University of Texas at San Antonio, New York Institute of Technology and Texas A&M Tamuk

* V.O: Why Tamuk over UTSA, NYIT?
I pretty much enjoyed my interaction with Dr Armit Verma of the Department of Electrical Engineering in the Frank WIttcherweich School of Engineering. He provided me with prompt and precise responses to each of my request. We already built a good rapport. he was very excited on my admission to TAMUK as compared to the other Universities I applied to.

* V.O: Why Electrical Engineering?
Coming from my first degree on same course, I am now more passionate to acquire the requisite trainings to become a leading force in bringing about the lasting change in our power systems. Indeed there are numerous challenges with Power in Nigeria same as its opportinites and the vacuum here can only be filled by those who have the right knowledge.

* V.O: Why do you want to study in the USA?
Graduates of American Universities are always very well skilled. American Universities offer impeccable syllabus with a great blend of both practical and theoretical skills. Also, their degrees are highly regarded globally. They occupy juicy positions on their return to the country due to their acquired skill. Their degrees are well appreciated and recognized globally. Why do I need to consider anywhere else.

* V.O: Tell me about your study plan.
After my two years study stay in the US, I will deploy acquired skill into improving the power system of Nigeria by seeking for employment with the Ministry of Power specifically and becoming a contract lecturer with any of our top rated University in Nigeria. Instilling in them the right academic standard needed to be a better Engineer.

* V.O: What will this degree do for you?
This degree will arm me to be a better competitor among the league of well trained engineers who are willing to help build Nigeria. It will formally align me to global standards in terms of being a properly trained Electrical engineer.

*V.O: Tell me about your academic background
I finished from the University of Port harcourt in 2018 having graduated with a CGPA of 3.85. For my final year project, I worked on the comparison between Proportional Integral and Proportional Integral Differential for Liquid level control. I use Matlab for basic computational analysis. as this was deployed at Afam gas plant in Rivers State.

* V.O: What you been doing?
After my compulsory two one year NYSC, I have worked with a few Nigerian companies in the Engineering sphere, such as (abc) height in Port harcourt, and now (xyz) Electric. Currently with xyz Electric where I function as a Maintenace Engineer, I carry out maintenance checks on Electrical parts with the help of circuit software JIRA.

* V.O: who is paying for your studies?
My Dad.

* V.O: What does he do?
He provides Industrial gas to manufacturing companies in Lagos, Ibadan and Benin.

* V.O: Can I see his bank statement?
Oh Sure.

*V.O Goes through the statement for over 3 minutes cross checking every detail
V.O What is FBM as stated in the statement?
I said its one of the transactions that occurred. Actually a case where a client made payment. The statement actually has N34 Million.

*V.O Goes through the statement again while typing some crap.
*V.O I’m sorry you are ineligible to enter the US at the moment, while handling to me the blue paper. Please check through section 214b …………………
I was dumbfounded, I felt my world was crashing in on me. I left the facility disgusted.
The truth is, the V.O don't want to give you visa, if he wants to,he won't dig you like this

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by udomas(m): 12:31am On Jan 07, 2022
MelaninGemstone:
US are really crazy o!!!! My cousin had his visa interview today at the US Embassy in Abuja and they denied him !!!! I think this transcript is very okay. The guy is feeling suicidal right now. Please guru’s in the house, please help me scrutinize this!!

I am going to Texas A&M Kingsville University for my Masters in Electrical Engineering

I have two family friends who currently study at Texas A&M Kingsville. They told me a whole lot about the University and the quality of education I stand to also benefit if I come.

University of Texas at San Antonio, New York Institute of Technology and Texas A&M Tamuk

I pretty much enjoyed my interaction with Dr Armit Verma of the Department of Electrical Engineering in the Frank WIttcherweich School of Engineering. He provided me with prompt and precise responses to each of my request. We already built a good rapport. he was very excited on my admission to TAMUK as compared to the other Universities I applied to.

Coming from my first degree on same course, I am now more passionate to acquire the requisite trainings to become a leading force in bringing about the lasting change in our power systems. Indeed there are numerous challenges with Power in Nigeria same as its opportinites and the vacuum here can only be filled by those who have the right knowledge.

Graduates of American Universities are always very well skilled. American Universities offer impeccable syllabus with a great blend of both practical and theoretical skills. Also, their degrees are highly regarded globally. They occupy juicy positions on their return to the country due to their acquired skill. Their degrees are well appreciated and recognized globally. Why do I need to consider anywhere else.

After my two years study stay in the US, I will deploy acquired skill into improving the power system of Nigeria by seeking for employment with the Ministry of Power specifically and becoming a contract lecturer with any of our top rated University in Nigeria. Instilling in them the right academic standard needed to be a better Engineer.

This degree will arm me to be a better competitor among the league of well trained engineers who are willing to help build Nigeria. It will formally align me to global standards in terms of being a properly trained Electrical engineer.

I finished from the University of Port harcourt in 2018 having graduated with a CGPA of 3.85. For my final year project, I worked on the comparison between Proportional Integral and Proportional Integral Differential for Liquid level control. I use Matlab for basic computational analysis. as this was deployed at Afam gas plant in Rivers State.

After my compulsory two one year NYSC, I have worked with a few Nigerian companies in the Engineering sphere, such as (abc) height in Port harcourt, and now (xyz) Electric. Currently with xyz Electric where I function as a Maintenace Engineer, I carry out maintenance checks on Electrical parts with the help of circuit software JIRA.

My Dad.

He provides Industrial gas to manufacturing companies in Lagos, Ibadan and Benin.

Oh Sure.

I said its one of the transactions that occurred. Actually a case where a client made payment. The statement actually has N34 Million.

*V.O I’m sorry you are ineligible to enter the US at the moment, while handling to me the blue paper. Please check through section 214b …………………

I was dumbfounded, I felt my world was crashing in on me. I left the facility disgusted.

I could spot two errors reading the transcript.

1. Why not say you've been offered a bigger role in your current job upon getting your masters done ( which means you have a secured job) unlike you coming back to the country to seek for employment whereas yourself and the VO know the unemployment level back home irrespective of foreign or local degree.

2. The bank statement too! I reckon he spotted something fishy say irregularities in the transaction

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 1:24am On Jan 07, 2022
please can your cousin tell us which VO in Abuja Interviewed him?

Also, what’s his COA? did he get any scholarship or assistantship?

He needs to revisit the use of words when answering those questions Imo.

MelaninGemstone:

My Dad.

Oh Sure.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by urchdiya(f): 2:53am On Jan 07, 2022
Hello, I hope your questions has been answered by people who know better? Please I need your help. Could you please share your transcript for your tourism visa. I have a B1/B2 interview by April & I haven’t layed my hands on any helpful transcript. I also understand this forum is for F1. I will appreciate

dzee1:
Good day All,
First time here.
I heard a rumor I need clarity on.
I have a tourtist B1/B2 visa that is barely 4months old, and now I want to apply for an F1 for school.
Someone mentioned that if they reject the F1 it's likely they will withdraw the Active B1/B2 I have.

Please is this possible? And why?
I have been advised not to apply for F1 for this reason.

Please I need you guys advice on this, thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 3:35am On Jan 07, 2022
neurosci:

They know by looking at the document, it would be almost perfect, you would have prepared yourself.

However they want to hear you talk, and ask probing questions so as to detect if you are lying.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ZionSpecie(m): 4:19am On Jan 07, 2022
Oluh:
Please I need you guys to advice me on this. I just got a graduate assistantship in a school I applied to last year and I have an interview for another school in abuja next week which I was only offered a scholarship of 18k which was splitted into 9k each for the 2years. I’m confused on what to do.
I would check if I can push forward my appointment for a couple of weeks. I will reply that email immediately and let them know why I need my admission letter and GA offer letter asap so I can request for I-20 asap.
But if you're unable to reschedule to a reasonable date, just go for your interview. You can always switch schools later
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lizzy112: 4:26am On Jan 07, 2022
Hello everyone, please I have a question for the house. Can I apply for an emergency visa appointment after being denied a visa once?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluh: 5:46am On Jan 07, 2022
ZionSpecie:

I would check if I can push forward my appointment for a couple of weeks. I will reply that email immediately and let them know why I need my admission letter and GA offer letter asap so I can request for I-20 asap.
But if you're unable to reschedule to a reasonable date, just go for your interview. You can always switch schools later

Okay but the problem right now is that I don’t want to mess my application. I feel with a GA, the probability of having your Visa approved is 50% already and I have a better chance than the other school which I already have an extension letter for late resumption.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amenndmore: 5:48am On Jan 07, 2022
bukhety:

I dont think its fe occasions, they requested mine and a few other people i know

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amenndmore: 5:49am On Jan 07, 2022
Lizzy112:
Hello everyone, please I have a question for the house. Can I apply for an emergency visa appointment after being denied a visa once?

it depends on how long ago tbh, but if you see the EA still in your account yes you can. BUts usually about 6 months after

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amenndmore: 5:54am On Jan 07, 2022
MelaninGemstone:

My Dad.

Oh Sure.

two things: his 2 family friends, thats a lot that means you have a support system and can easily run, could have just said smth about how great the school is durring the research of schools to study that fit your career goals
2. that huge amount of money going into the account so close to interview seems staged, like they put it there to use for interview borrowed. except it is a constant inflow of that amount of money or similar. sorry about it thats my analysis, he should work on it and try again

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ZionSpecie(m): 7:11am On Jan 07, 2022
Oluh:

Okay but the problem right now is that I don’t want to mess my application. I feel with a GA, the probability of having your Visa approved is 50% already and I have a better chance than the other school which I already have an extension letter for late resumption.
Right. With GA you have more than 50% chance. But it is not possible to get the new I20 and update your ds 160 now. That's why I said the best case is for you to try to reschedule this appointment. But if you're unable to, you will not lose anything if you still go for the appointment while also accepting this new offer. If you're scared you might not be approved with the former offer, you can always reapply with the new offer (the GA is enough reason to reapply)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fawaz12345: 7:22am On Jan 07, 2022
beejhay69:

Hello.
1. Did your sister enter the US through F1?
2. It's OK to have a brother studying.
3. Yes.

Yes my sister entered through F1
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 8:43am On Jan 07, 2022
Oluh:
Please I need you guys to advice me on this. I just got a graduate assistantship in a school I applied to last year and I have an interview for another school in abuja next week which I was only offered a scholarship of 18k which was splitted into 9k each for the 2years. I’m confused on what to do.

Congrats on your GA. I'll advice you reply the mail and yes defer that admission for fall. But for your incoming interview at Abuja you have nothing to lose. You can attend it, if given the visa you can go ahead to the school and then switch to the school that offered you GA during the fall semester. If denied visa,. You can always pay another MRV and apply for new visa using the school they offered you the GA. (Sometime late April/ early May). So it's no fuss to bang your head over the wall about.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 8:50am On Jan 07, 2022
Oluh:
Hey guys. I’m having my interview next week in abuja. Any advice on what to do different? Anyone feels talking really fast and making enough points clear or talking calm or slowly make them believe you’re confident.

Any advice on dressing and looks too?

Everything just seems somehow right now, Make God help us.

Frankly, there's no manual to this. Talking fast or slow - just make sure you're articulate (concise and clear). Eye contact is what psychologists use alot in detecting truths or lies. So maintain that while talking.

On dressing, wear whatever you're comfortable on. You aim is the white paper. Isn't it?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 9:01am On Jan 07, 2022
Amenndmore:

I dont think its fe occasions, they requested mine and a few other people i know
By documents, I don't mean I20, sevis receipt and passport o. I mean bank statement and other supporting documents.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dodoyinsolar202: 9:04am On Jan 07, 2022
bukhety:

By documents, I don't mean I20, sevis receipt and passport o. I mean bank statement and other supporting documents.
They actually do check bank statements. I was asked also.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 9:49am On Jan 07, 2022
dodoyinsolar202:
They actually do check bank statements. I was asked also.
im not saying they don't check, I said they mostly don't check.

Check the beginning of the conversation abeg!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 10:16am On Jan 07, 2022
yes! Give it a try. It has been approved for other who recently got denied , I might work for you too.
Lizzy112:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dodoyinsolar202: 10:19am On Jan 07, 2022
bukhety:
im not saying they don't check, I said they mostly don't check.

Check the beginning of the conversation abeg!
Lol. Alright ma.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by whiteicon: 10:24am On Jan 07, 2022
bukhety:
Pls If you applied to university of Alabama for fall 2022 n you have heard from them, kindly signify. Thanks

I applied , still waiting for response from them

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by shayomi: 10:50am On Jan 07, 2022
mojolajesu:
yes! Give it a try. It has been approved for other who recently got denied , I might work for you too.
Yes you can
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Victoria94: 10:56am On Jan 07, 2022
Hello house, am awaiting admission to university of Alabama, can I apply for visa along with my dependents when it's time? And is this true�

1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by macsilver(m): 11:16am On Jan 07, 2022
TheSociopath:

Hi, I always advise people with low CGPA to do the following:
1. Do WES evaluation, i.e., convert your grades to American standard (/4.0)
2. Write TOEFL and GRE/GMAT and obtain very good scores (this shows that you're ready for graduate school, you set aside months to prepare for these exams)
3. Research on schools that accept low CGPA like 2.75/4.00 (remember you must do WES evaluation to know your grade /4.0). For example, APSU.

Best of luck bro

Well detailed, thank you!

I have problems converting the cgpa to 4.0 on their website as it is asking for credit hours. Etc and I don’t even understand. Please just assume you’re explaining to a 10 year old… help me please
Plus I have my masters… do I have to evaluate both or just my highest degree? Thank you in anticipation
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by itoski(m): 11:22am On Jan 07, 2022
macsilver:

Well detailed, thank you!

I have problems converting the cgpa to 4.0 on their website as it is asking for credit hours. Etc and I don’t even understand. Please just assume you’re explaining to a 10 year old… help me please
Plus I have my masters… do I have to evaluate both or just my highest degree? Thank you in anticipation
I think your CGPA divide by 5.0 times 4.0 will give you an idea of your GPA on a 4.0 scale but WES usually goes higher with a +0.1

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) (699) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.