Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644110 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 7:07pm On Mar 16, 2021
Nasachuky:
Please I need information concerning GRE as I heard it increases one's chances in getting funding for PhD. Recently I was denied admission from two Universities maybe because of no GRE score, even though they waived GRE for fall admissions. Please I would like to know how I can register for the exam and how long I will need to prepare before I can sit for it. Also is it CBT or PBT?

GRE helps in getting funding, it’s CBT but one center in Warri or delta has PBT but it's once a year stuff for PBT.

Preparation depend on your reading assimilation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 16, 2021
Walspring:

Yes if you walk down to the outlet or office and not using your card online or their website.
A western union office ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EffectEn: 7:17pm On Mar 16, 2021
Can you pay in Nigeria (in Nigerian banks) through Western Union?

If not, how do I pay it, I have no one abroad to help

tiptoe1:

No, it can't be paid online. It's either you mail a check/money order of $350 to Sevis address or you pay at any western union branch.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lordsagna: 7:21pm On Mar 16, 2021
Good evening here, I wanna ask some questions about scholarship and admission for SAT..
I registered few weeks ago and I was told to choose 4 school to send my SAT scores to... what I'm bothered about now is that those school I sent SAT scores to will they give me scholarship after seeing my result? can I also apply to another school I didn't send my awaiting scores to ?
or must I see my result to apply for any school I didn't send my SAT scores to on my college board site?.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 16, 2021
tiptoe1:

My friend's brother who lives in UK made the payment for him with a debit card. I'm sure it should be possible in Canada also. The person should go to any western union branch and make the payment there once you've sent him your payment coupon
thanks so much should the money be in his debit or credit card and aside the payment coupon is there anything else he needs to take to western union ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SoccerUSA(m): 7:33pm On Mar 16, 2021
Lordsagna:
Good evening here, I wanna ask some questions about scholarship and admission for SAT..
I registered few weeks ago and I was told to choose 4 school to send my SAT scores to... what I'm bothered about now is that those school I sent SAT scores to will they give me scholarship after seeing my result? can I also apply to another school I didn't send my awaiting scores to ?
or must I see my result to apply for any school I didn't send my SAT scores to on my college board site?.

the 4 schools you choose (Its just for you to enjoy the free score report) when your result is out you can send to as many school as you want but its not free comes with a fee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EffectEn: 7:33pm On Mar 16, 2021
No one will give you scholarship for just sending your SAT except in the most rare instance. The schools you send your SAT to will still require a direct application. The intent behind those 4 schools is you get to send your scores to them for free.

Post the release of the results, you can still send your scores to other schools exclusive of the initial four however you will have to pay a fee for that.

Concerning your college board question, I'm not certain how the site works but from what I have heard, it seems like a proxy for financial aid applications. Most schools still require a direct application on their portals.

So I'd advise you to draft a list of your preferred top four and send the scores to them when you take your SAT.

Lordsagna:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiptoe1: 7:39pm On Mar 16, 2021
EffectEn:
Can you pay in Nigeria (in Nigerian banks) through Western Union?

If not, how do I pay it, I have no one abroad to help

It can't be paid in a nigerian bank. You can contact Walspring, he has assisted a lot of people in making the payment.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damilare68: 7:40pm On Mar 16, 2021
Malone122:
A western union office ?

Anybody going to Durham here?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiptoe1: 7:43pm On Mar 16, 2021
Malone122:
thanks so much should the money be in his debit or credit card and aside the payment coupon is there anything else he needs to take to western union ?

Both cards can be used for payment. All he needs is the payment coupon and the $350.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kuwtify90: 7:51pm On Mar 16, 2021
Good evening Team,

Please has anyone been offered admission with scholarship for fall 2021 in missouri state university.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 16, 2021
Kuwtify90:
Good evening Team,

Please has anyone been offered admission with scholarship for fall 2021 in missouri state university.

Thanks
still awaiting responses from them
Are you for Bsc or graduate school
When did you apply ??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EffectEn: 7:55pm On Mar 16, 2021
I was offered admission under their MOGO scheme but no assistantship position

Kuwtify90:
Good evening Team,

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lordsagna: 8:01pm On Mar 16, 2021
EffectEn:
No one will give you scholarship for just sending your SAT except in the most rare instance. The schools you send your SAT to will still require a direct application. The intent behind those 4 schools is you get to send your scores to them for free.

Post the release of the results, you can still send your scores to other schools exclusive of the initial four however you will have to pay a fee for that.

Concerning your college board question, I'm not certain how the site works but from what I have heard, it seems like a proxy for financial aid applications. Most schools still require a direct application on their portals.

So I'd advise you to draft a list of your preferred top four and send the scores to them when you take your SAT.

Thanks sir for your time, if I get you well those four school doesn't require any fees to send application to right?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kuwtify90: 8:04pm On Mar 16, 2021
I'm applied this 2nd of this month for masters
Malone122:
When did you apply ??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kuwtify90: 8:05pm On Mar 16, 2021
I'm applied 2nd of this month for masters
Malone122:
When did you apply ??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EffectEn: 8:05pm On Mar 16, 2021
There is a difference between application fee and fees for sending scores.

For those 4 schools, you will still pay application fee to them but your SAT scores will be sent to them for free.

Lordsagna:

Thanks sir for your time, if I get you well those four school doesn't require any fees to send application to right?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 16, 2021
Kuwtify90:
I'm applied 2nd of this month for masters
be ready to wait a while
I applied February 10
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kuwtify90: 8:27pm On Mar 16, 2021
Do you know if the mail notifying you of the admission comes with scholarship or scholarship comes separately.
EffectEn:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 16, 2021
EffectEn:

when did you apply and when did the admission drop ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fauna: 8:37pm On Mar 16, 2021
Kuwtify90:
Good evening Team,

Thanks

I am a beneficiary of this, any question let’s connect
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EffectEn: 9:15pm On Mar 16, 2021
I said 'living expenses'

anikemoses:
u really mean that he can pay his tuition expenses with per hour job?���..which state in the US are u?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by excellentwork: 9:20pm On Mar 16, 2021
Pls I send u am email through Nairaland, can u reply me.

Walspring:

Send me pm ASAP.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 9:47pm On Mar 16, 2021
Malone122:
A western union office ?

Yes depend on country or location. They could have outlet on a mall or so.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 9:51pm On Mar 16, 2021
excellentwork:
Pls I send u am email through Nairaland, can u reply me.

I replied since, check your junk or spam
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by FajAyobami: 10:01pm On Mar 16, 2021
Please who has gotten decision on admission for Fall at Michigan Tech...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nelmc: 10:33pm On Mar 16, 2021
Hello guys,
Thanks for the help thus far. If you fill in your application that you want your passport in Lagos after being stamped (you had your interview in Abuja). Would they really do that or the only option is you pick it up in Abuja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 10:44pm On Mar 16, 2021
FajAyobami:
Please who has gotten decision on admission for Fall at Michigan Tech...

I know their PhD decisions are out. It's on a FCFS basis. Check gradcafe, you'll see comments from hopefuls just like you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Munaxara: 6:59am On Mar 17, 2021
Kuwtify90:
Good evening Team,

Thanks
Was recommended for admission
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nelmc: 7:10am On Mar 17, 2021
Fauna:

It easy bro, update your Profile on CGI portal

How please? And what is CGI. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 7:55am On Mar 17, 2021
Bolded is not true I paid via app and the recipet was emailed to me.

Walspring:

You can pay any one you want first but remember sevis fee must be paid before going for visa interview because the receipt is needed during visa interview. You can feel free to contact me for Sevis fee payment.

Also I advise you don’t pay your visa fee via mobile app if you don’t have Internet banking on your GTBank because of the visa fee receipt that you will need to print.

If you pay via GTBank app you won’t see the receipt unless you go and login via your internet banking and download the receipt.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UZAD: 8:04am On Mar 17, 2021
thanks alot
Fauna:

It easy bro, update your Profile on CGI portal

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.