Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642704 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tulacious123: 6:46pm On Mar 17, 2021
Which of the plagiarism checker you recommend I use?
Cocao:

Writing sample is simply a sample of your own work that you wrote. It can be your past thesis or an abridged version of it, depending on the length. Be sure to use a plagiarism checker before you submit.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Polly240: 7:53pm On Mar 17, 2021
Hello, good evening
Can one use a business account to show proof of funds?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiptoe1: 8:09pm On Mar 17, 2021
Polly240:
Hello, good evening Can one use a business account to show proof of funds?
Yes, you can.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cocao(f): 10:05pm On Mar 17, 2021
Tulacious123:
Which of the plagiarism checker you recommend I use?

Use this free one: https://smallseotools.com/plagiarism-checker/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 10:39pm On Mar 17, 2021
chibertha:
Bolded is not true I paid via app and the recipet was emailed to me.

[/b]

Really? If you say so but you think I have time come and say what’s ain’t true here. Smh

Well that receipt you got in your email is different from receipt that is on Internet banking and the one they hand over to applicant who paid from the banking hall as well because these two are similar and the one sent to email differ, reference same, the two similar won’t show third parties paying for you but the one send to you email shows that.

Now in a situation CGI asked for the one bank usually give, what would be the person fate that early morning? It is well.

Also they just started sending to email last quarter of year 2020 and sometimes the email own delayed or doesn’t but come at all.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UZAD: 4:27am On Mar 18, 2021
Thanks alot

Do I ignore the old DS number or is there a way it can be deleted.
librangyps:

Fill another ds 160 form choosing the right location and update the new ds number on cgifederal appointment page. Reprint your new appointment confirmation sh6the new ds 160 number.

Make sure you do all this at least 4days to your appointment date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by librangyps(f): 8:05am On Mar 18, 2021
UZAD:
Thanks alot

Do I ignore the old DS number or is there a way it can be deleted.

Once you do it right, the old ds number will not appear on your appointment portal or printout.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lighkas: 11:04am On Mar 18, 2021
Hello house.

Good morning.

I want to apply for my MSc this year, fall semester. I have a few questions:

-Are there schools I'll still be able to meet the deadline by end of May, because that's when my BSc will be ready?

-Will the school where I received my BSc be required to mail my transcripts to the university I apply to? Or do I have to do that myself?

-I transferred from one university to another to complete my BSc, will my transcripts from both schools be required when I apply for MSc or just the most recent?

-Is GRE a must for MSc application even if I'm not interested in scholarships?

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 11:46am On Mar 18, 2021
lighkas:
Hello house.

Good morning.

I want to apply for my MSc this year, fall semester. I have a few questions:

-Are there schools I'll still be able to meet the deadline by end of May, because that's when my BSc will be ready?

-Will the school where I received my BSc be required to mail my transcripts to the university I apply to? Or do I have to do that myself?

-I transferred from one university to another to complete my BSc, will my transcripts from both schools be required when I apply for MSc or just the most recent?

-Is GRE a must for MSc application even if I'm not interested in scholarships?

Thank you.
All what I want to say are my personal opinions, so take it with caution.

1 End of may is late to be honest, even as at now most good schools deadline has passed.

2 This varies from school to school, so some schools may request for official transcript from the beginning while others will allow you to do that later...you've to navigate each schools website to find answer to this question.

3 It'll be both cos your transcript will have to cover all the years of tour study...

4 Before covid19 it use to be compulsory for many schools but now most schools has waived the requirements, since you said you don't need funding then GRE is not a must.....

You said you don't need scholarship, I guess you be otedola's pikin abeg cut small money for me grin grin

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiptoe1: 11:58am On Mar 18, 2021
Malone122:
let April / may re-appear for us I hope
Nawa for this people

May 11 is now available

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 18, 2021
tiptoe1:

May 11 is now available
just imagine oh
You think the fault is from my end because trying to book for Lagos it keeps showing me no dates available

But if I try to put Abuja as the location it brings October 8 2021
Any idea what I can do or who I can mail ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiptoe1: 12:21pm On Mar 18, 2021
Malone122:
just imagine oh
You think the fault is from my end because trying to book for Lagos it keeps showing me no dates available

But if I try to put Abuja as the location it brings October 8 2021
Any idea what I can do or who I can mail ?

This is strange, same dates should be available for everyone to pick. I haven't seen anyone who has experienced this before so I can't give a sure answer on what you can do but maybe you should mail the US consulate and let them know what you're going through
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 18, 2021
tiptoe1:

This is strange, same dates should be available for everyone to pick. I haven't seen anyone who has experienced this before so I can't give a sure answer on what you can do but maybe you should mail the US consulate and let them know what you're going through
please any info on how I can contact them either mail or phone ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiptoe1: 12:29pm On Mar 18, 2021
Malone122:
please any info on how I can contact them either mail or phone ?

Here's what I found on their website

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jukwasi: 12:36pm On Mar 18, 2021
Flakkie1130:

Yes, I don’t know what you mean by “okay” are you talking about the chances of getting a visa? What is your total COA? You will only per semester here. If you are able to pay for the first semester, you can always hustle around before the next semester commences. Some on-campus student employments might not even be enough for your upkeep. Some schools will promise you employment but upon arriving, it’s another story. If you can get employment offer first, then cool.
Oh thank you so much for this. I have already re-strategized. I am pursing other schools to get an admission with funding.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 18, 2021
tiptoe1:

Here's what I found in their website
thank you very much for this

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rudy23: 12:37pm On Mar 18, 2021
Hi everyone; do i need my nysc certficate to apply for my F1 visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiptoe1: 12:44pm On Mar 18, 2021
Rudy23:
Hi everyone; do i need my nysc certficate to apply for my F1 visa?

No, you don't.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiptoe1: 12:56pm On Mar 18, 2021
Malone122:
thank you very much for this

You're welcome but all the dates in May has been booked. jan 11 is the earliest available date now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 18, 2021
tiptoe1:

You're welcome but all the dates in May has been booked. jan 11 is the earliest available date now.
I saw it oh I tried with a friends cgi and it brought out may 25th
Quick question denial from 2019 October
If I am to choose between previously refused or regular
Which should it be ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiptoe1: 1:20pm On Mar 18, 2021
Malone122:
I saw it oh I tried with a friends cgi and it brought out may 25th
Quick question denial from 2019 October
If I am to choose between previously refused or regular
Which should it be ?

I think previously denied are for people who were denied within the last 2months. Yours is regular.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lighkas: 2:59pm On Mar 18, 2021
horlahsunbo225:

All what I want to say are my personal opinions, so take it with caution.

1 End of may is late to be honest, even as at now most good schools deadline has passed.

2 This varies from school to school, so some schools may request for official transcript from the beginning while others will allow you to do that later...you've to navigate each schools website to find answer to this question.

3 It'll be both cos your transcript will have to cover all the years of tour study...

4 Before covid19 it use to be compulsory for many schools but now most schools has waived the requirements, since you said you don't need funding then GRE is not a must.....

You said you don't need scholarship, I guess you be otedola's pikin abeg cut small money for me grin grin

LOL, thanks for taking the time to reply. God bless you so much.

I no be Otedola pikkin o, but I no too sure about writing tests now, might take me a few months to prepare for and write GRE and there's no guarantee I'll ace it.

Also, I really want to attempt getting into school this year. If e no work, then try again next year so I'm kinda trying to eliminate possible delays.

Seen a few schools with deadlines by June. Only grinch is whether I'll find any interview dates before school resumption in August.

Meanwhile, can I apply from another country, say Ghana, even if I'm Nigerian? Any ideas?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jukwasi: 3:10pm On Mar 18, 2021
ObodoNaija:

Educational Psychology
Hello! Please check your mail. I am almost done applying to this school and the same course. I need more info. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dipdat123: 3:19pm On Mar 18, 2021
tiptoe1:

Yes, you can.

But I read it here that it’s not advisable to use a business account
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 3:23pm On Mar 18, 2021
lighkas:

LOL, thanks for taking the time to reply. God bless you so much.

I no be Otedola pikkin o, but I no too sure about writing tests now, might take me a few months to prepare for and write GRE and there's no guarantee I'll ace it.

Also, I really want to attempt getting into school this year. If e no work, then try again next year so I'm kinda trying to eliminate possible delays.

Seen a few schools with deadlines by June. Only grinch is whether I'll find any interview dates before school resumption in August.

Meanwhile, can I apply from another country, say Ghana, even if I'm Nigerian? Any ideas?
Applying for visa without any assistantship this day is another hurdle (but doable ).
If you're applying from.another country, you must have residence permit of that country

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 18, 2021
tiptoe1:

I think previously denied are for people who were denied within the last 2months. Yours is regular.
thank you very much sir
I’m now scared oh cause apparently there should be an issue with my own cgi account
Tried it with a friends own and it’s bringing out the said date in Lagos that’s jan 2022
I have mailed them aha
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lighkas: 4:17pm On Mar 18, 2021
horlahsunbo225:

Applying for visa without any assistantship this day is another hurdle (but doable ).
If you're applying from.another country, you must have residence permit of that country

-Even if I provide proof of funds it's still going to be tough?

Thanks for the residence permit info. I have that.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bank450(m): 4:24pm On Mar 18, 2021
Don't wait for June, moreover June is for domestic students, May 1 is the ultimate deadline for 99% schools for international students.

You can do it in 3 days,

Day 1, shortlist 2-3 schools "by department, GRE and English Test Waiver, Ensure they accept unofficial transcripts for review and check that the deadline is at least April 1"
Day 2, fill the application, pay application fee and submit documents you have like unofficial transcripts etc.
Day 3, Contact your recommenders, write your SOP and furnish your Resume, then submit.

Start talking to your grad coordinator and other lecturers for possibilities of funding.

lighkas:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 5:09pm On Mar 18, 2021
lighkas:

Maybe if you apply from another country, it won't be
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 5:26pm On Mar 18, 2021
Bank450:
Don't wait for June, moreover June is for domestic students, May 1 is the ultimate deadline for 99% schools for international students.

You can do it in 3 days,

Day 1, shortlist 2-3 schools "by department, GRE and English Test Waiver, Ensure they accept unofficial transcripts for review and check that the deadline is at least April 1"
Day 2, fill the application, pay application fee and submit documents you have like unofficial transcripts etc.
Day 3, Contact your recommenders, write your SOP and furnish your Resume, then submit.

Start talking to your grad coordinator and other lecturers for possibilities of funding.

@lighkas kindly follow this advice, then also I'm presuming youve started contacting your recommenders. Providing Recommendations in this application process is what actually takes the time. So if you want to meet up, you should start hitting them up already, (make sure you explain your case, how you have insufficient time). Don't exceed the 2-3 school search.

Since you don't seek funding, if you're sure you have adequate sponsorship funds, and the evidence to show it, then shoot your shot. The onus is on you to convince the VO that you're a legitimate F1 applicant. We all stand a chance!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lighkas: 8:40pm On Mar 18, 2021
Bank450:

You can do it in 3 days,

I'VE NEVER FELT MORE MOTIVATED, INSPIRED, ENCOURAGED.

THANK YOU WHOEVER YOU ARE.
MAY GOD BLESS EVERYTHING YOU EVER DO.
I use capital letter write am so you go know say I serious.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lighkas: 8:45pm On Mar 18, 2021
NigPatriot:

@lighkas kindly follow this advice, then also I'm presuming youve started contacting your recommenders. Providing Recommendations in this application process is what actually takes the time. So if you want to meet up, you should start hitting them up already, (make sure you explain your case, how you have insufficient time). Don't exceed the 2-3 school search.

Since you don't seek funding, if you're sure you have adequate sponsorship funds, and the evidence to show it, then shoot your shot. The onus is on you to convince the VO that you're a legitimate F1 applicant. We all stand a chance!

Hello, thank you very much.
About recommenders, can you suggest who I may approach for that? I know a lecturer I can contact, and someone said I can't use just lecturers from one school.

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.