Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642634 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 18, 2021
Who here has a strong, legit and sure connection for processing OAU official transcript? Back or front door, Its now urgent. DM me.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mcilfero: 10:43pm On Mar 18, 2021
Quick one my people. I have been offered admission and i-20 is due to arrive on March 29. However, reading this thread, I realize it's better to apply early to get a good date. My question is can I book appointment without i-20 and SEVIS fee. Please I need clarification on what is required to actually book an appointment. Please I desire a swift response my Ogas
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 10:51pm On Mar 18, 2021
lighkas:

Hello, thank you very much.
About recommenders, can you suggest who I may approach for that? I know a lecturer I can contact, and someone said I can't use just lecturers from one school.

The person was wrong! Your recommenders should be your academic instructors ( your supervisor, professors, lectures) basically faculty that are familiar with you - it can even be your VC.

Meet any of them you're conversant with and explain your plight. The higher the rank of the recommender the more weight it pulls on you profile positively. But importantly meet someone who would speak well of you and highlight your Starlight. You'll be asked for 3 recommenders but speak to at least 5. This will prevent delays.
I wish you well.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 18, 2021
Mcilfero:
Quick one my people. I have been offered admission and i-20 is due to arrive on March 29. However, reading this thread, I realize it's better to apply early to get a good date. My question is can I book appointment without i-20 and SEVIS fee. Please I need clarification on what is required to actually book an appointment. Please I desire a swift response my Ogas
yes you can
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Saxokez(m): 11:29pm On Mar 18, 2021
Good day all,

Please I have two questions
I just got my admission for msc in applied mathematics and computer science at the indiana University south bends, but I have been seeing a lot of people saying it is difficult to get Visa with funding.( Graduate cord already told me that there is no funding
And I also heard that it's not advisable to use a cooperate acc statement for interview

Pls help me out biko
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bank450(m): 11:41pm On Mar 18, 2021
Amen, You are welcome... I wrote that because I feel we are identical. I think we are in the same situation.

lighkas:

I'VE NEVER FELT MORE MOTIVATED, INSPIRED, ENCOURAGED.

THANK YOU WHOEVER YOU ARE.
MAY GOD BLESS EVERYTHING YOU EVER DO.
I use capital letter write am so you go know say I serious.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Denuga91: 11:56pm On Mar 18, 2021
Mcilfero:

Is your i-20 being shipped to you?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Summertime: 4:47am On Mar 19, 2021
Malone122:
yes you can
how bro, cos I was asked for I-20 info .. I'm waiting for I-20 too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 5:51am On Mar 19, 2021
Tulacious123:
Good evening Mr fairheart . I got admitted into Georgia State University ,(MSc Public Policy) for fall 2021 session. I am currently applying for a fellowship application which comes with lots of benefits.They requested for a writing sample alongside other documents.What I don’t understand is if it’s a fellowship application or a past research work.

You can easily answer these questions by contacting the graduate coordinator for your prospective program.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 6:10am On Mar 19, 2021
Lordsagna:
Good evening here, I wanna ask some questions about scholarship and admission for SAT..
I registered few weeks ago and I was told to choose 4 school to send my SAT scores to... what I'm bothered about now is that those school I sent SAT scores to will they give me scholarship after seeing my result? can I also apply to another school I didn't send my awaiting scores to ?
or must I see my result to apply for any school I didn't send my SAT scores to on my college board site?.

You're going about this completely wrong and this suggests to me you need to take a step back and evaluate why you are taking the SAT in the first place. The SAT allows you to send your results to 4 schools for free - that implies that you've done your homework, know what schools you are applying to and who also require SAT scores (not all schools require one). You include at most 4 of those schools when you write your SAT so they are sent directly to the schools alongside your application.

You can apply to another school you did not include at your SATs, you just have to pay a fee so it is smarter to maximize your money spent by making sure those 4 free slots are going to your 4 top schools.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 19, 2021
Summertime:
how bro, cos I was asked for I-20 info .. I'm waiting for I-20 too
At what point
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lordsagna: 7:11am On Mar 19, 2021
TWoods:

You're going about this completely wrong and this suggests to me you need to take a step back and evaluate why you are taking the SAT in the first place. The SAT allows you to send your results to 4 schools for free - that implies that you've done your homework, know what schools you are applying to and who also require SAT scores (not all schools require one). You include at most 4 of those schools when you write your SAT so they are sent directly to the schools alongside your application.

You can apply to another school you did not include at your SATs, you just have to pay a fee so it is smarter to maximize your money spent by making sure those 4 free slots are going to your 4 top schools.
Those four schools don't need application fees rights?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Saxokez(m): 7:13am On Mar 19, 2021
Good day all,

I just got my admission for msc in applied mathematics and computer science at the indiana University south bends, but I have been seeing a lot of people saying it is difficult to get Visa with funding.( Graduate cord already told me that there is no funding
And I also heard that it's not advisable to use a cooperate acc statement for interview

Pls help me out biko
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiptoe1: 7:49am On Mar 19, 2021
Malone122:
thank you very much sir
I’m now scared oh cause apparently there should be an issue with my own cgi account
Tried it with a friends own and it’s bringing out the said date in Lagos that’s jan 2022
I have mailed them aha

Alright no problem. i sent you a pm
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 19, 2021
tiptoe1:

Alright no problem. i sent you a pm
replied my bro

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mcilfero: 8:25am On Mar 19, 2021
Denuga91:

Is your i-20 being shipped to you?

Yes it is from what am seeing on FedEx.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mvem(m): 9:02am On Mar 19, 2021
Saxokez:
Good day all,

Pls help me out biko
is it Notre Dame ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hisexcellency20: 10:17am On Mar 19, 2021
Mcilfero:

No, you can't. Because, you need your SEVIS number and other details on your I-20 to fill ur DS 160. Unless you have the soft copy of the I-20 form, from where you can extract the required info.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vivianchisom93: 10:36am On Mar 19, 2021
who has any information on this ?thank you
Good evening gurus in d house,

It was January 4, 2021 I started filling dis form, why would d expiration date be November 2020?

Secondly, Please what does the “expiration date” on ds160 form mean?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 19, 2021
House please any way I can contact CGI ??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LosC: 12:41pm On Mar 19, 2021
Vivianchisom93:
who has any information on this ?thank you

Have you filled everything? If No, then ensure you always logon within 30 days and save your work. If you abandon the application, everything will wipe after 30 days validity period
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LosC: 12:41pm On Mar 19, 2021
Malone122:
House please any way I can contact CGI ??

What's the matter?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 19, 2021
LosC:

What's the matter?
my cgi page doesn’t show me any dates when I pick Lagos as location but when I put my location to be Abuja it brings out next available date but Iagos it shows nothing
I created a mail just to check if I was the only one experiencing this and sadly I am it shows available dates for Lagos
But when I log into my own account I used to apply for visa it doesn’t show any dates in Lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LosC: 12:54pm On Mar 19, 2021
Malone122:
my cgi page doesn’t show me any dates when I pick Lagos as location but when I put my location to be Abuja it brings out next available date but Iagos it shows nothing
I created a mail just to check if I was the only one experiencing this and sadly I am it shows available dates for Lagos
But when I log into my own account I used to apply for visa it doesn’t show any dates in Lagos

I think it's a general issue
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 19, 2021
LosC:

I think it's a general issue
I doubt because when I used another mail to create a CGI account it brought out available dates in Lagos even though it was jan 11 2022
I asked a friend it showed him same date in Lagos

But for me it shows nothing
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iykeh1(m): 2:01pm On Mar 19, 2021
i just noticed my first name does not include my middle name as it appears on my passport in my cgi profile. I have been trying to correct it but it appears the name field is not editable.

Please who has an idea of what I can do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by omolorlarh: 2:14pm On Mar 19, 2021
Malone122:
I doubt because when I used another mail to create a CGI account it brought out available dates in Lagos even though it was jan 11 2022
I asked a friend it showed him same date in Lagos

But for me it shows nothing

Since you have created a new CGI account with another email. Call them to transfer your profile to the new email address. Check the US embassy website for contact details and pick the web call option and ask that they transfer your profile to the new email address. Simple
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ChinmaRoxy(f): 2:23pm On Mar 19, 2021
Good afternoon everyone. Please I want to know how long it takes 1-20 to be out. For over two weeks now I am yet to receive mine and I am worried about it. Please, any Idea on the maximum duration so I can know when to write to the school for follow up.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 19, 2021
omolorlarh:

Since you have created a new CGI account with another email. Call them to transfer your profile to the new email address. Check the US embassy website for contact details and pick the web call option and ask that they transfer your profile to the new email address. Simple
it’s not as simple as you place it to be I have been trying to reach them by phone and email no response
Isn’t it their contact information in Nigeria you are talking about

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmeritusR: 2:48pm On Mar 19, 2021
Malone122:

There are some issues on their site now, so mine is a different problem if I check available date it shows me nothing at all, but don’t worry I am sure this will be resolved soon, maybe they are working on their portal and they have to restrict some applicants from viewing the available date. This is going to be resolved soon don’t worry.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 19, 2021
EmeritusR:

There are some issues on their site now, so mine is a different problem if I check available date it shows me nothing at all, but don’t worry I am sure this will be resolved soon, maybe they are working on their portal and they have to restrict some applicants from viewing the available date. This is going to be resolved soon don’t worry.
nawa o like it doesn’t show you next available date for both Abuja and Lagos ??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adesquare1992: 3:54pm On Mar 19, 2021
Good pm,
Pls, I need help with the web address for scheduling visa interview.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: sanyade28

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.