Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (733) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642230 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ayofag(m): 4:05pm On Jan 29, 2022
Thank you, who is the principal applicant on the visa application page for F2?

UmmZayd:

Each dependants has his/her i-20. When filling the visa application, you will use each person's i-20 to fill in the details. However, on the DS160, the principal applicant is the F1 applicant.

Best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gbarinze(m): 7:32pm On Jan 29, 2022
If you're applying together, they may likely not ask you anything. All the questions will be directed to him. In any case, it's always a red flag to tell the VO you're doing nothing. If however you're asked (or he is asked) why you're going with him, it should be that you'll be briefly there to help him settle down and also have your honeymoon together, then return to Nigeria to continue your compulsory NYSC program.

GAPPLE:
Thanks boss. We are applying together.

I would have been done with my NYSC before we go for the interview.

Do you mean I can still claim I am a serving corp member?

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kiiishiii: 7:43pm On Jan 29, 2022
TAKE YOUR COVID VACCINATION! Even before your interview make sure you have your first dose. Don’t say you are waiting to be sure you’ll get the visa, that means you are doubting yourself. There’s someone in my school right now who can’t register and is facing a possibility of being out of status cause he didn’t get vaccinated in Nigeria. Now he has taken the first dose but he was told he has to take both doses before he can register. Do what you need to do on time.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DAramis: 8:05pm On Jan 29, 2022
Kiiishiii:
TAKE YOUR COVID VACCINATION! Even before your interview make sure you have your first dose. Don’t say you are waiting to be sure you’ll get the visa, that means you are doubting yourself. There’s someone in my school right now who can’t register and is facing a possibility of being out of status cause he didn’t get vaccinated in Nigeria. Now he has taken the first dose but he was told he has to take both doses before he can register. Do what you need to do on time.

Wahala for dead body.
For USA kwa, to attend school now, you must take COVID-19 vaccine.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 8:17pm On Jan 29, 2022
Hello,

Anyone currently attending or planning to attend any of Philadelphia’s universities like Drexel, Temple, TJU or Penn, please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Canada2021: 8:27pm On Jan 29, 2022
sbot:
Hello,

Anyone currently attending or planning to attend any of Philadelphia’s universities like Drexel, Temple, TJU or Penn, please?
Yes Penn State
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Onlinebar: 8:30pm On Jan 29, 2022
UmmZayd:

Okay I was going to suggest you use your BSc to apply to a Nursing program in a university. It's going to be the same 2 yrs if you have done all prerequisites.
Nevertheless, I'd advise you apply to a STEM program (Biology/Chemistry) so you can get Scholarship for the program and also during your program. Don't get me wrong, there are schools that give scholarship for traditional Nursing (BSN) but they are limited before and during the program. You will hardly see scholarships during your program for Nursing compare to a STEM course. You also get to apply for internships after your first year before you finally move to the Nursing department of your school.

Best of luck
Nice
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omotola222: 9:04pm On Jan 29, 2022
Please ooo someone should recommend a hotel that is not far from the abuja embassy and affordable. Pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Slamtos26: 9:04pm On Jan 29, 2022
Hello house.
I'm new here. I'd like to know if my work experience as an Environmental Impact Analyst can increase my chance of getting the F1 visa. I currently work at the osun state ministry of lands, physical planning and urban development.
I also plan to fund my studies myself, I have a backup by the Ministry's permanent secretary.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by GAPPLE: 9:05pm On Jan 29, 2022
Thank you so much boss. This means a lot.

gbarinze:
If you're applying together, they may likely not ask you anything. All the questions will be directed to him. In any case, it's always a red flag to tell the VO you're doing nothing. If however you're asked (or he is asked) why you're going with him, it should be that you'll be briefly there to help him settle down and also have your honeymoon together, then return to Nigeria to continue your compulsory NYSC program.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osidowu(m): 9:31pm On Jan 29, 2022
Omotola222:
Please ooo someone should recommend a hotel that is not far from the abuja embassy and affordable. Pls

Try to locate OPTIMA HOTEL. it's about 5min walk to the US embassy in Abuja.

I wish I can perfectly give you directions on how to locate the hotel. But just keep asking around.
The least room there is 8k.

Wish you good luck.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omotola222: 9:56pm On Jan 29, 2022
Osidowu:

Try to locate OPTIMA HOTEL. it's about 5min walk to the US embassy in Abuja.

I wish I can perfectly give you directions on how to locate the hotel. But just keep asking around.
The least room there is 8k.

Wish you good luck.

Alright thanks, will just book a ride straight to the place from the airport.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ProsperT2: 10:59pm On Jan 29, 2022
I sent you a message please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ProsperT2: 11:00pm On Jan 29, 2022
I sent you a message
Canada2021:
Yes Penn State
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ProsperT2: 11:01pm On Jan 29, 2022
PSu
sbot:
Hello,

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osidowu(m): 11:11pm On Jan 29, 2022
Omotola222:

Alright thanks, will just book a ride straight to the place from the airport.

That's reasonable bro.
Make sure you share your transcript.
Best luck.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cupcakes11: 11:26pm On Jan 29, 2022
Omotola222:

You can try City transit inn lodge, just beside ABC park at Utako. Not very flashy looking but cheap depends on what you want. 7500 per night plus if you don't like the hotel, there are over 10 hotels on the street. 10mins drive to the embassy and 800 with uber.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Canada2021: 11:30pm On Jan 29, 2022
ProsperT2:
I sent you a message
I just replied your message bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olatemmanuel01: 11:39pm On Jan 29, 2022
UmmZayd:

Are you going for tournament or you are going for tournament so you can change your visa to a student visa which one??

Anyways, you can change your visa status while in the US. You can read more about the terms and conditions on the US embassy website.

Best of luck

I am going for a tournament so I can change my visa to a student visa later on after the end of the tournament, because the tournament is only lasting for two months.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phoyeks: 11:43pm On Jan 29, 2022
Canada2021:
Yes Penn State

Which of the campuses of Penn state pls? and what course are you going in for? Fall 2022?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olatemmanuel01: 11:45pm On Jan 29, 2022
gbarinze:
@Olatemmanuel01
The truth is that it's always difficult to change status from B1/B2 Visa to F1 Visa in the States. Trust me, the process is cumbersome and takes a long duration. You can't even start classes until the change is effected and sometimes the process may prolong until mid-term. Then that becomes a problem as you can't resume then.

Most times, they may end up asking you to return to your home country to apply for the F1 Visa.

So, my dear: it's better you go for what you want from the onset. If the reason for going for the tournament is to start school later, just calm down and apply for F1 visa.

Thanks for you enlightenment. But I have to play this tournament because there is an huge amount of money in it for all the players going but the tournament is only lasting for two months. Whereas I also want to study in the united states, I've even paid my visa fee but I've not scheduled yet.
So is it that people who successfully change their nonimigrant status while in the states from b1/b2 to f1 very rare
And what will you advice me to do in this case

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ren80: 11:47pm On Jan 29, 2022
All I did was change location to Abuja and I saw the date there.

djkolz:
Please how were you able to get a date so close?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 11:49pm On Jan 29, 2022
Slamtos26:
Hello house.
I'm new here. I'd like to know if my work experience as an Environmental Impact Analyst can increase my chance of getting the F1 visa. I currently work at the osun state ministry of lands, physical planning and urban development.
I also plan to fund my studies myself, I have a backup by the Ministry's permanent secretary.
Yes you can give it a tryout since your work knows about it. That's something good to come back to
Best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Canada2021: 11:55pm On Jan 29, 2022
phoyeks:

Which of the campuses of Penn state pls? and what course are you going in for? Fall 2022?
University Park in State College. I am going for my Masters in Law and yes Fall 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phoyeks: 12:09am On Jan 30, 2022
Canada2021:
University Park in State College. I am going for my Masters in Law and yes Fall 2022

Congratulations! bros! I applied for my undergraduate studies ( Computer Engineering) in University Park too and awaiting their admission. Already have an admission in another university in Pennsylvania with some scholarship but will like to see what Penn state will offer me.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ifedayosol(m): 12:36am On Jan 30, 2022
It is not all schools. I'm in Tennessee tech, since I entered US, nobody has asked me of covid certificate.

DAramis:

Wahala for dead body.
For USA kwa, to attend school now, you must take COVID-19 vaccine.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Wendywilson: 4:33am On Jan 30, 2022
Pls what is required of me by 'Unofficial Copy of NACES Member Evaluation'?
Does it mean student copy of transcript or what?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Canada2021: 5:03am On Jan 30, 2022
phoyeks:

Congratulations! bros! I applied for my undergraduate studies ( Computer Engineering) in University Park too and awaiting their admission. Already have an admission in another university in Pennsylvania with some scholarship but will like to see what Penn state will offer me.
wow nice to meet you bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DAramis: 5:24am On Jan 30, 2022
ifedayosol:
It is not all schools. I'm in Tennessee tech, since I entered US, nobody has asked me of covid certificate.

No wahala boss. I was just surprised seeing that doomsday message.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TravelQueen(f): 5:34am On Jan 30, 2022
My answers to you are as follows :

1. Best thing to do is to defer your admission , scholarship or no scholarship
2. You do not have to pay a new sevis fee, even if you decide to change the school, you can instead request for sevis transfer.
3. Emergency appointments are not given to those who have benefited from it in the previous six months. That is it is after six months of a previously scheduled expedited appointment before you can apply again. It is to give others chances.
4. You only have a minimum of two times to reschedule an appointment including the initial one. For every new appointment you will have to pay a new mrv fee.
5. You can fill in a new ds 160 and update your profile with it. There is a post here on how to do it or call the contact center of the us embassy to assist.

bef
Ijchichi5190:
Hello informed ones,,I'm new here ,a friend suggested this trend to me and I wish you to help me out please because I'm very confused now.

Firstly I got admission to study Masters in Chemistry this Spring session and classes starts by January 18 2022 but unfortunately for me I got denied on 15th Nov 2021 for F1 visa at Abuja Embassy from one slim VO American guy ,I can't really pinpoint the reason for my denial. I was on 50% Dean's Scholarship also.

I was advised to reapply but atleast give sometime before doing that so as not to show being desperate even though I had no time again. So on the 15th Dec 2021 I reapplied and got a far date which is on July 2022.So I applied for Expedient, wrote to them the reason and uploaded the necessary documents to prove why I applied for Expedient and was shattered when their mail came in that my Expedient is denied.
From my research, I found out that I can't apply for Expedient again with same DS-160 Application, so right now I'm stuck with this very far date and have updated School of my recent situation which they asked that my admission be deferred to Fall session.

Note that my ist visa application, I got a far date in June 2022,but applied for Expedient and got Closer date which was Nov 15th 2021 for my ist visa interview and did exactly same for my second Expedient application but got denied.

Please my questions are,don't pass me by please.

1.Is it advisable for me to defer my admission to fall session, note that deferring this admission to fall session automatically cancels my 50% Dean's Scholarship award given to me ,the scholarship is non-transferable as indicated in the letter. Meaning I'm left with only admission without the Scholarship OR is it better I cancel this admission and start fresh by seeking for an admission from same University? Or another University?

2.I have paid my Sevis fee on Nov 2021,which expires by Nov 2022 ,,,.I want to also seek admission from other Universities while waiting for the best option, if I'm lucky to get admitted in another American University with funding,and I decide to go for it,can I use same Sevis Fee payment receipt for the school?.

3.Since my current school of admission suggested that I defer this Spring admission and I have already filled my DS-160 form for Spring Session,paid for visa fee and picked date which is July 2022 for visa interview,filled date of School resumption and when I intend traveling if I get Visa and school is asking that I defer my admission so I can use the interview date for Fall session,please how possible is it to use same DS-160 for Fall session interview since I already filled information containing Spring resumption. Can i make any changes or do I have to reapply for another DS-160 and pay for visa fee again?

Please I'm sorry for the long epistle, I'm confused and would appreciate your help.

God bless.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluh: 6:13am On Jan 30, 2022
Anybody here going to West Virginia university or that’s there already should please signify. I can’t be the only one na☹️.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by habbyy03: 7:22am On Jan 30, 2022
Oluh:
Anybody here going to West Virginia university or that’s there already should please signify. I can’t be the only one na☹️.

Please I want to apply to west Virginia university, I saw on their site that they waived Ielts for Nigerian, did you also submit your gre scores?

Or can you list the documents you submitted for your application?

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.