Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,981 members, 7,825,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (730) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1650894 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sudo1986: 6:02pm On Jan 26, 2022
bukhety:

My opinion!

It is better to come back home and apply with your family.

If you have full funding, no need for bank statement.

What if the funding only covers me? I don't know how much I will be required to have in the account to cover my wife and kid.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 7:11pm On Jan 26, 2022
sudo1986:

What if the funding only covers me? I don't know how much I will be required to have in the account to cover my wife and kid.
You look for other source eg loan
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 9:54pm On Jan 26, 2022
Pinky247:
Good day everyone..please i am very new here.
I need guidance and counsel on this issues pls
Am 34 yrs ,i want to apply for usa study visa to a community college for associates of nursing..am choosing this program cos of the time duration which is just 2 years ..
My problem now is ..will this look good to a VO or do i apply to universities instead and for the nursing program am quite confused on how to convince a VO why i cant do nursing in Nigeria, and what will i do it nursing after i graduate....To me i just feel with nursing they might think i just want to relocate.
Am also thinking of studying speech and language therapy if nursing doesn't flow well..
pls i need good counsel i dont mind paying for it pls ....
Am married....last school rest is waec ...did microbiology for almost 4 yrs but dropped out....
Pls help ..thanks

Okay I was going to suggest you use your BSc to apply to a Nursing program in a university. It's going to be the same 2 yrs if you have done all prerequisites.
Nevertheless, I'd advise you apply to a STEM program (Biology/Chemistry) so you can get Scholarship for the program and also during your program. Don't get me wrong, there are schools that give scholarship for traditional Nursing (BSN) but they are limited before and during the program. You will hardly see scholarships during your program for Nursing compare to a STEM course. You also get to apply for internships after your first year before you finally move to the Nursing department of your school.

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 9:59pm On Jan 26, 2022
sudo1986:

Yes of course, the school funding is only for you and you alone. Ask your school about the estimated cost for bringing in 2 dependants and they will calculate it for you. You are to then provide a statement of account showing that amount or more, if you have but not less. Same thing when you apply together too. You will go with a statement of account that covers your dependants if asked.

Best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by GAPPLE: 10:13pm On Jan 26, 2022
Amen!

Oh wow!
This means so much MrsOlu. Thank you very much.

MrsOlu:
Hi, ensure you both apply and go for the interview together, he can do this while he is there. Depends on his institution, he can get ready your I20 before he comes to Nigeria. The most important thing is that by the time you are going for the interview you should have your court marriage certificate. the advantage of going together is that the VO most time pays more attention to the F1 who is renewing his visa than the F2. Go to YouTube, familiarize yourself with questions F2 applicant are asked. ensure you both take time to align your answers such that you are on the same page. I'll suggest sam and itunu Ajayi's YouTube page. You can go for you can give it 2 weeks after your court wedding to go for the interview. God's Best.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ZionSpecie(m): 10:49pm On Jan 26, 2022
sudo1986:

You will have to request for updated I-20 from your school. It will state the required funds for your dependants. Sometimes your funding will stoll cover for most of the required funds(especially PhD funding), with just little deficit
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olatemmanuel01: 11:58pm On Jan 26, 2022
Please I have a question, It as follow;

Please if I am to come to the US through another means( another type of visa e.g visiting visa) when I get to the US, can I still apply for a student visa in the united states
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olatemmanuel01: 11:59pm On Jan 26, 2022
Please, does anyone have any idea of the kind of visa given to a footballer who wants to play in the US there for only two months
Could it probably be a student visa??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Maureenho(f): 12:19am On Jan 27, 2022
Congratulations to all those who got their Visas. Go and make Nigeria proud. Refrain from engaging yourself into illegality. I wish you guys goodluck

11 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xteemd01: 12:33am On Jan 27, 2022
Magma012:
Just needed geoscience related courses and school that gives scholarships.
Any assistance would be appreciated
Thanks

Georgia state university

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by h20water(m): 2:31am On Jan 27, 2022
Does anyone know what this means?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Habs4800: 4:58am On Jan 27, 2022
cupcakes11:
I'm sorry I'm posting my transcript late but better late than never.
God alone showed me mercy and made this possible.
I want to thank everyone that has ever posted their transcript,  it's helped me in so many ways.

Interview
Location - Abuja
Date - 14th Jan 2022
Vo - Windows 8... not sure jare, tension of all the denial I saw no let me see road... it's the white bald guy sha.
Funding - 6,000
Deficit - 24,100

Me - Hi, Good morning..... with a smile to get myself a bit relaxed.

Vo - Good morning, please pass me your documents.......

Vo - Have you ever travelled out of Nigeria
Me - No, I haven't

Vo - what do you currently do?
Me - I work at ******* bank in the department of *********

Vo - I can see you are going for your masters in bioengineering, so why this course
Me - Upon my return to Nigeria,  I want to work as a research scientist at the renowned Nigeria Institute of Medical research and i have done some enquiries and realized that I need a masters in bioengineering or any related field to enable me get into that position.

Vo - Are you married?
Me - No, I'm in a relationship (tension made me say that....lol)

Vo - I can see you have some funding from the physics department.
Me - Yeah... it's a Teaching assistantship funding and i will be taking 2 lab sessions in a week, I will be assisting with grading of assignments and tests for students and also preparation of course material..... (he didn't ask what I will be doing but felt the need to explain so he will know I know what my duties entail)

Vo - Your dad is paying for the balance as stated in your i20 right
Me - yes sir, he is a successful business man who is into the importation and distribution of ***. He has branches in Abia, Owerri and Enugu. He also has 4 houses in Abia and 3 in Owerri which are on rent.

Vo -  Types for what seemed like forever...... Everything seems okay, I will be approving your blah blah..... I no hear anything again.
Me - Thank you sir and have a nice day.

Ps... he didn't ask for a single document.
While all the denial were flying around I kept praying and asking God to come and do what only him can do.
I was really worried that he might ask why i haven't resumed as 6th Jan was written on my i20 and my school insisted on getting a visa before they can issue an updated i20 even though I printed email correspondence to show that I have started one online class. That means I didn't go with an extension letter even though my school had already resumed.
In all, God showed up for me and outdid himself as usual.
congratulations bro, was it the slim young white bald guy or the huge old bald one ??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ZionSpecie(m): 5:10am On Jan 27, 2022
Olatemmanuel01:
Please I have a question, It as follow;

Please if I am to come to the US through another means( another type of visa e.g visiting visa) when I get to the US, can I still apply for a student visa in the united states
There's but a very slim chance. You will most likely be advised to return to your country to apply for F1. So it's not a good plan in my opinion
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluh: 6:05am On Jan 27, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff8O6Ff3H0k

Felt someone might need this information here. It was really helpful and I’d say it boosts my confidence.

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 7:19am On Jan 27, 2022
h20water:
Does anyone know what this means?

[Email]:
support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

[Body]
Hello,

I am xx xx, I am trying to register on cgifederal portal as new user but it's not going through. Below is the response I'm getting;

- your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted
- User could not be created. Please ensure first name and last name are entered correctly as they are in your passport.

Kindly assist with possible solution to it as I urgently need to book an appointment.

Regards,

Name.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mrprolifik: 12:41pm On Jan 27, 2022
Olatemmanuel01:
Please, does anyone have any idea of the kind of visa given to a footballer who wants to play in the US there for only two months
Could it probably be a student visa??

If you are only coming to play for prize money , you will need a B1/B2 visa.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cupcakes11: 1:12pm On Jan 27, 2022
Habs4800:
congratulations bro, was it the slim young white bald guy or the huge old bald one ??

It was the young slim bald guy

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 1:29pm On Jan 27, 2022
cupcakes11:
I want to thank everyone that has ever posted their transcript,  it's helped me in so many ways.

Interview
Location - Abuja
Date - 14th Jan 2022
Vo - Windows 8... not sure jare, tension of all the denial I saw no let me see road... it's the white bald guy sha.
Funding - 6,000
Deficit - 24,100

Me - No, I haven't

Vo - I can see you are going for your masters in bioengineering, so why this course
Me - Upon my return to Nigeria,  I want to work as a research scientist at the renowned Nigeria Institute of Medical research and i have done some enquiries and realized that I need a masters in bioengineering or any related field to enable me get into that position.

Vo - Are you married?

Me - Yeah... it's a Teaching assistantship funding and i will be taking 2 lab sessions in a week, I will be assisting with grading of assignments and tests for students and also preparation of course material..... (he didn't ask what I will be doing but felt the need to explain so he will know I know what my duties entail)

Me - yes sir, he is a successful business man who is into the importation and distribution of ***. He has branches in Abia, Owerri and Enugu. He also has 4 houses in Abia and 3 in Owerri which are on rent.

Vo -  Types for what seemed like forever...... Everything seems okay, I will be approving your blah blah..... I no hear anything again.

While all the denial were flying around I kept praying and asking God to come and do what only him can do.
I was really worried that he might ask why i haven't resumed as 6th Jan was written on my i20 and my school insisted on getting a visa before they can issue an updated i20 even though I printed email correspondence to show that I have started one online class. That means I didn't go with an extension letter even though my school had already resumed.

Just like a miracle,,,congrats to you

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by souljaboi51(m): 2:38pm On Jan 27, 2022
peptual:

What school are you going to?

HI, did you eventually go to Teesside uni?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sakasitay(m): 3:16pm On Jan 27, 2022
Omo, I hope this school receive my I-20 on time.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by h20water(m): 3:22pm On Jan 27, 2022
sbot:

[Email]:
support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

[Body]
Hello,

I am Bleep Bleep, I am trying to register on cgifederal portal as new user but it's not going through. Below is the response I'm getting;

- your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted
- User could not be created. Please ensure first name and last name are entered correctly as they are in your passport.

Kindly assist with possible solution to it as I urgently need to book an appointment.

Regards,

Name.

Thanks. It worked!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abbyjo: 4:13pm On Jan 27, 2022
h20water:

Thanks. It worked!

Hi, i am also having the same challenge , what did you do differently and what date did you get for interview please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by wandeykul(f): 5:03pm On Jan 27, 2022
Hello,
Please does anyone have the application code for Ball State University or planning to attend their graduate studies information session happening on the 4th of February? If you have already, please share
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by wandeykul(f): 5:05pm On Jan 27, 2022
Also, please who else is waiting for decision from University of Illinois. Its taking forever for them to decide.
P.S ive applied since October
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bigheadday: 5:52pm On Jan 27, 2022
Greetings house! So I just got a new I20 form after I deferred my admission since visa was delayed in December. My program starts in May. Is it advisable I book an appointment for February or March? Is it too early? Please advice as I intend to pay the visa fee next week. Thanks house
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 7:19pm On Jan 27, 2022
bigheadday:
My program starts in May. Is it advisable I book an appointment for February or March? Is it too early? Please advice as I intend to pay the visa fee next week. Thanks house
Hello. Its not too early. You can go for interview 120days to your program start date.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 7:20pm On Jan 27, 2022
wandeykul:
Also, please who else is waiting for decision from University of Illinois. Its taking forever for them to decide.
Send follow up emails and calls too.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 7:20pm On Jan 27, 2022
cupcakes11:

It was the young slim bald guy
Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tosinmichael11: 7:45pm On Jan 27, 2022
cupcakes11:

Interview
Location - Abuja
Date - 14th Jan 2022
Funding - 6,000
Deficit - 24,100

Me - No, I haven't

Vo - Are you married?

Congratulations brother... I'll share my testimony too on this thread soon

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 8:24pm On Jan 27, 2022
wandeykul:

That's typical of schools that wait till the application deadline before app review. Most likely, the application just ended in January 2022..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Youngman50: 9:59pm On Jan 27, 2022
Got my approved today at the 2nd attempt

1st attempt- August 19, both attempts in Abuja

my emergency appointment was approved on Monday.

I have been on the road since Monday so really couldn't prepare, therefore I revised the transcript I used earlier.

Differences between the 2 attempts

1. I switched jobs during this time(a bigger company)
2. The VO officer was different ( first time was the Korean, 2nd time is the white woman)

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by temiloluwasam(m): 10:34pm On Jan 27, 2022
Congratulations

Youngman50:
Got my approved today at the 2nd attempt

1st attempt- August 19, both attempts in Abuja

my emergency appointment was approved on Monday.

I have been on the road since Monday so really couldn't prepare, therefore I revised the transcript I used earlier.

Differences between the 2 attempts

1. I switched jobs during this time(a bigger company)
2. The VO officer was different ( first time was the Korean, 2nd time is the white woman)

(1) (2) (3) ... (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.