Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (732) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642248 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Danthesage(m): 11:40pm On Jan 28, 2022
wandeykul:
Also, please who else is waiting for decision from University of Illinois. Its taking forever for them to decide.
P.S ive applied since October

Is it Illinois State University?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by GAPPLE: 12:14am On Jan 29, 2022
I am a serving corp member and I will be done most likely few weeks to our wedding.

If the VO asks what I do?
Kindly suggest to me what I can say, I don't think saying I am jobless sounds proper eventhough I am going as F2.

Thank you all�

GAPPLE:
Good evening house.
Please I need your suggestions.
My fiance is in the US as a PhD student, he has left since two years plus ago for his MSc and just started PhD last year.

He is coming to Nigeria this year for our marriage and renewal of his F1 visa and to file for F2 visa for me.

My questions:
Should we go together for our visa interview?

How long should we wait after our marriage before we go for our interview?

Thank you all!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 12:52am On Jan 29, 2022
Olatemmanuel01:

So you'll advise me not to go for the football tournament in the united states

Are you going for tournament or you are going for tournament so you can change your visa to a student visa which one??

Anyways, you can change your visa status while in the US. You can read more about the terms and conditions on the US embassy website.

Best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 12:55am On Jan 29, 2022
GAPPLE:
I am a serving corp member and I will be done most likely few weeks to our wedding.

Kindly suggest to me what I can say, I don't think saying I am jobless sounds proper eventhough I am going as F2.

Thank you all�

Yes both of you should return together. It's better. If you're both applying together it's possible the VO doesn't even ask you any questions.

Best of luck

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Maureenho(f): 1:18am On Jan 29, 2022
Congratulations guys
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by wandeykul(f): 2:17am On Jan 29, 2022
asunmoGGMU:

I guess you mean UIUC, and what program please?

No, University of Illinois, Springfield.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by wandeykul(f): 2:18am On Jan 29, 2022
No. University of Illinois, Springfield

Danthesage:

Is it Illinois State University?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ayofag(m): 3:23am On Jan 29, 2022
Anyone who has filled dependent F2 on cgi. Whose SEVIS number do I fill for child? Mine or his?? I also realized there was no section to fill in SEVIS for spouse. Can someone guide me through this pls?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gbarinze(m): 5:38am On Jan 29, 2022
@Olatemmanuel01
The truth is that it's always difficult to change status from B1/B2 Visa to F1 Visa in the States. Trust me, the process is cumbersome and takes a long duration. You can't even start classes until the change is effected and sometimes the process may prolong until mid-term. Then that becomes a problem as you can't resume then.

Most times, they may end up asking you to return to your home country to apply for the F1 Visa.

So, my dear: it's better you go for what you want from the onset. If the reason for going for the tournament is to start school later, just calm down and apply for F1 visa.

UmmZayd:

Are you going for tournament or you are going for tournament so you can change your visa to a student visa which one??

Anyways, you can change your visa status while in the US. You can read more about the terms and conditions on the US embassy website.

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gbarinze(m): 5:43am On Jan 29, 2022
If you'll not be going for the interview with him, like you guys are not applying together...I'll advice you tell them that you're still serving and make sure you also have that fact covered in your DS-160.

GAPPLE:

Thank you all�

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mrprolifik: 6:07am On Jan 29, 2022
Olatemmanuel01:

Hello bro, after playing the tournament, can I still apply for an f1 student visa while in the united states

Below is a link from the Department of homeland security that answers your question.
https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/2017/05/b-1b-2-visitors-who-want-enroll-school#:~:text=Per%20federal%20regulations%2C%20B%2D1,Program%20(SEVP)%2Dcertified%20school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ayofag(m): 6:30am On Jan 29, 2022
[quote author=Aanu96 post=105411711][/quote]

Hi Aanu, how did you go about this?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ayofag(m): 6:31am On Jan 29, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ayofag(m): 6:31am On Jan 29, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by asunmoGGMU(m): 7:31am On Jan 29, 2022
wandeykul:

No, University of Illinois, Springfield.

All right. Be hopeful and optimistic. Some of these schools interview applicants in waves.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by djkolz: 8:22am On Jan 29, 2022
Please how were you able to get a date so close?

Ren80:
Good morning everyone.

Please this is my first time attending the visa interview and I would be needing your assistance with the checklist of items I need to attend the visa interview. I just got a visa appointment date yesterday for Monday 31st of January, 2022 at Abuja and I would be traveling from Lagos.

Additionally, I secured a loan with MPower financing and I wanted to know if it’s safe to mention it when asked source of funding.

Please I need your advice house..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gmull3r: 8:34am On Jan 29, 2022
Olubukunmie:
Great! I got admission too for MS Business Analytics.
If you do not mind, Can I have your contact?
It will be nice to connect with someone who will be taking classes before me grin.

Congratulations once again

sure, contact me at abiolamoluwagbemiga@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gmull3r: 8:36am On Jan 29, 2022
Adewaale:
Congratulations!!!!!!!! Gmull3r. I'm about to complete my application there for fall 2022, same course. If I may ask, you weren't given any funding either by GTA or GANT??

No, not yet. The chances that you will get GA before resuming school is kinda slim. I mean, there are people on campus who are waiting to fill that spot, like people who are students and have taken like one or two semesters.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gmull3r: 8:37am On Jan 29, 2022
Adewaale:
Heyyyy bro. My application to A&M Commerce for fall 2020 is almost complete. I’d like to ask you few questions.

sure, contact me at abiolamoluwagbemiga@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gmull3r: 8:38am On Jan 29, 2022
Dominiok:

I deferred to summer 1, so should be resuming in May/June. I will need your help with answering some question and I will like to keep in touch kindly share your email addy.. Mine is dompet10@yahoo.com.

OK! I will send you an email now
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omotola222: 10:52am On Jan 29, 2022
Good morning guys please I would be leaving Lagos for abuja tomorrow for my interview. Please someone should please recommend a good and affordable hotel that is not far from the embassy, thanks. ��
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tosin18: 11:04am On Jan 29, 2022
Please contact me for payment of your SEVIS Fee. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gambros: 11:31am On Jan 29, 2022
Please guys, for people that get GMAT test waiver, is it possible to still get scholarship with that . Or would writing GMAT/GRE be of greater help in securing scholarship for MBA.

Also for full time MBA, which is better and easier to crack - GMAT OR GRE. ��
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by GAPPLE: 1:05pm On Jan 29, 2022
Thanks UmmZayd. We are applying together.
I just want to know incase the VO asks what work I do.

Because I would have been done with my NYSC before we go for the interview.

UmmZayd:

Yes both of you should return together. It's better. If you're both applying together it's possible the VO doesn't even ask you any questions.

Best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by GAPPLE: 1:08pm On Jan 29, 2022
Thanks boss. We are applying together.

I would have been done with my NYSC before we go for the interview.

Do you mean I can still claim I am a serving corp member?

Thanks

gbarinze:
If you'll not be going for the interview with him, like you guys are not applying together...I'll advice you tell them that you're still serving and make sure you also have that fact covered in your DS-160.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rkiki: 2:10pm On Jan 29, 2022
Hello,
Good day, everyone I would have to commend everyone's commitment and help in helping one another on this platform. Although I was introduced to this group by a friend, I have a couple of questions that need clarity.
I am just about to apply for an F1 Student visa interview, this is my first time, I would like some insight into the common interview questions.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 2:30pm On Jan 29, 2022
ayofag:
Anyone who has filled dependent F2 on cgi. Whose SEVIS number do I fill for child? Mine or his?? I also realized there was no section to fill in SEVIS for spouse. Can someone guide me through this pls?

Each dependants has his/her i-20. When filling the visa application, you will use each person's i-20 to fill in the details. However, on the DS160, the principal applicant is the F1 applicant.

Best of luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 2:34pm On Jan 29, 2022
Ren80:
Good morning everyone.

Please this is my first time attending the visa interview and I would be needing your assistance with the checklist of items I need to attend the visa interview. I just got a visa appointment date yesterday for Monday 31st of January, 2022 at Abuja and I would be traveling from Lagos.

Additionally, I secured a loan with MPower financing and I wanted to know if it’s safe to mention it when asked source of funding.

Please I need your advice house..

[copied]
These items include the following:
* I-20/SEVIS form issued by the U.S University
* Completed DS-160 visa application form
* Receipt of the visa application fee
* SEVIS receipt fee
* Visa appointment letter
* Passport and recent photograph
* Academic certificates/documents, transcripts, SOP, original GRE, and TOEFL score reports
* Documents that confirm your financial and personal tie-ups to your homeland, which proves your compulsory return after the completion of your course in the US
* If financially dependent, proof of relationship with the sponsor such as a birth certificate is necessary along with the sponsor’s salary proof and job details
* Strong financial support documents and bank statements.

Tell your VO you submitted your BVN if they ask for how you’d repay your loan.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 2:37pm On Jan 29, 2022
GAPPLE:
Thanks UmmZayd. We are applying together.
I just want to know incase the VO asks what work I do.

Because I would have been done with my NYSC before we go for the interview.

How long far apart? I mean what's the space between when you finish your service and the interview date? If it's up to a month or 2, still remain at your PPA till then (if it's convenient) or find a job that covers the gap. Anything just in case but I hope you just go to appear for the interview and not asked any questions if everything is good from the F1 side.

Best of luck

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by GAPPLE: 2:43pm On Jan 29, 2022
Hmmn. Thanks boss. I could stay back. It's two months after my NYSC. So that could serve as home tie on my part right?
I appreciate.

UmmZayd:

How long far apart? I mean what's the space between when you finish your service and the interview date? If it's up to a month or 2, still remain at your PPA till then (if it's convenient) or find a job that covers the gap. Anything just in case but I hope you just go to appear for the interview and not asked any questions if everything is good from the F1 side.

Best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lustre23: 3:28pm On Jan 29, 2022
Symplyannaa:
Congratulations
Please I got admission to study nursing but my Ds. 160 was complicated at first interview so I got delayed.
I graduated 2016 from high school ,please what should be my reply because I don’t want to include my BSC.

Then is this a good home tie for graduation plan after studying nursing in USA?

A degree in this course will help me get a position as a registered nurse in opm federal hospital in Nigeria, where I will use my medical knowledge to promote health in the Middle East and put a change on public health in Nigeria.Educating the public on how to eradicate STDs,Morbidity issues, Maternal-Mortality in my society.

Pls note my church is my sponsor as well
Hope is not a red flag

I have read stories about people who studied different courses in their undergraduate level but still went to the US for nursing.
You studying economics and now want to change to nursing is not a red flag in my opinion. You should be able to tell the VO why you have decided to switch. Preferably a personal story or something really convincing.
There're lot of stories like yours online especially on YouTube. Go online and familiarise yourself with the likely questions and answers.
If you still decide to remove the fact that you've gotten a bachelors degree before, then be ready to explain what you've been doing since you graduated high school to the VO.
My 2cent
Best regards

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.