Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (737) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1648192 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cincolaze(f): 9:39pm On Feb 01, 2022
Gokoyer1401:
Ok great. Are you working towards Fall 2022 also?
Yes I am but I'm having issues with getting a advisor, I've emailed at least 7 and they all said they are not taking new students so I'm still on it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tosinjustina: 9:48pm On Feb 01, 2022
Good evening house,
Is it possible to pay for my daughter f2 visa fee and secure a date when I have not received confirmation letter for deferred admission?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 9:52pm On Feb 01, 2022
Actually, I applied to schools that do not necessitate having potential supervisor/advisor before submitting applications. I only contacted potential supervisors after i submitted all my applications. However, I got one positive reply so far from this particular potential supervisor in UF out of numerous professors that I contacted. Actually, I am waiting for decisions to start rolling in.

Btw, I hope you applied/are applying to other universities also.
cincolaze:

Yes I am but I'm having issues with getting a advisor, I've emailed at least 7 and they all said they are not taking new students so I'm still on it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 10:01pm On Feb 01, 2022
CandyRejoice:
paid visa fee,mrv should be seviz right?if yes...no I haven't.
The error message I have been getting is I keep seeing *request cannnot be processed at this time,the administrator has been alerted*.
Please what do I do

MRV is visa fee.

You’re yet to pay SEVIS fee, you say, what do you fill in the SEVIS no column? If it’s not what is meant to be there, you should and would definitely be receiving error message.

You can DM me, lemme see the snapshots if you still cannot later pass through the phase.

Goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 10:02pm On Feb 01, 2022
Fawaz12345:

If I don’t put it they’ll have my brother and sister record na
I can be denied for false kini

Oh! Lol. Ok bro.

You would be fine.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cincolaze(f): 10:11pm On Feb 01, 2022
Gokoyer1401:
Actually, I applied to schools that do not necessitate having potential supervisor/advisor before submitting applications. I only contacted potential supervisors after i submitted all my applications. However, I got one positive reply so far from this particular potential supervisor in UF out of numerous professors that I contacted. Actually, I am waiting for decisions to start rolling in.

I guess it's my department that requires me having one before submitting my application, yes I'm applying to the university of Maine and Arizona as well but Maine asked me to check back by 11th of Feb before I can start the application process.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Magma012: 10:38pm On Feb 01, 2022
pls someone should send me a copy of strong recommendation letters abeg.

Timotte:

Apply with the 304 score. Your GRE isn't the only thing that is assessed on your application. You have a good GPA. What you need is to get very strong recommendation letters (not the typical ones written by most lecturers). The recommendation letters should be personal and give examples of attributes that are stated in the letter. I can send you a sample of a strong engineering recommendation letter if you need one. Additional, have a well written personal statement that clearly outlines your research interest(s). If you have any publication, it can further strengthen your application. But if you don't have any, it wouldn't harm you either. I have a friend who had a WES evaluated GPA of 3.11 and a GRE score of 294 who got admitted to the chemical engineering masters program at the University of North Dakota with full tuition waiver and a graduate research assistantship for Spring 2022 (he got his visa yesterday). He had very strong recommendation letters and a well written personal statement that strengthened his application.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Magma012: 10:43pm On Feb 01, 2022
bro send me a format for contacting these advocates, have sent out mails but no replies
Gokoyer1401:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gbarinze(m): 11:50pm On Feb 01, 2022
You no get ear at all grin grin

Fawaz12345:

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Magma012: 12:19am On Feb 02, 2022
still waiting for your response on the letter sample bro.. pls
Timotte:

Apply with the 304 score. Your GRE isn't the only thing that is assessed on your application. You have a good GPA. What you need is to get very strong recommendation letters (not the typical ones written by most lecturers). The recommendation letters should be personal and give examples of attributes that are stated in the letter. I can send you a sample of a strong engineering recommendation letter if you need one. Additional, have a well written personal statement that clearly outlines your research interest(s). If you have any publication, it can further strengthen your application. But if you don't have any, it wouldn't harm you either. I have a friend who had a WES evaluated GPA of 3.11 and a GRE score of 294 who got admitted to the chemical engineering masters program at the University of North Dakota with full tuition waiver and a graduate research assistantship for Spring 2022 (he got his visa yesterday). He had very strong recommendation letters and a well written personal statement that strengthened his application.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by urchdiya(f): 12:29am On Feb 02, 2022
I already posted here a link to the news update. If you’ve been issued visa before, no more interviews. Dropbox is back

Tinafusty:
Has anyone seen this?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Joeking007: 12:30am On Feb 02, 2022
Hello Family, i will like to make enquires. I have a Masters Degree in China. I will like to apply for another Masters program in USA.
Can I use my Masters Certificate to apply for another Masters in USA.? Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Svelte98(f): 1:25am On Feb 02, 2022
phemorhino:
@svelte98 i hope you’re good. I got an interview mail from University of Denver
Hi. You sent a DM sometime ago which I replied to, but you didn't respond. Good luck with the interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluh: 4:01am On Feb 02, 2022
chibertha:
Welcome to the Tri-sate.
Quiet place to school.

Lol I’m not there yet, just asking because I want to know. Haven’t done my interview yet
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 4:12am On Feb 02, 2022
Joeking007:
Hello Family, i will like to make enquires. I have a Masters Degree in China. I will like to apply for another Masters program in USA.
Can I use my Masters Certificate to apply for another Masters in USA.? Thank you

You use your Bsc to apply for masters degree which is the norms everywhere

Applying for another masters degree in USA is like doing another masters degree again in another field or course.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 4:15am On Feb 02, 2022
CandyRejoice:
Please how do I book an appointment,I keep seeing error message

Sorry you won’t be able to create account yourself or do it that way on the CGI portal, It will need to be done manually.

The system is seeing your details as duplicating another account details since you have account before but if you don’t at all they will to override it manually for you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 6:47am On Feb 02, 2022
@CandyRejoice, send email to: support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TabletMan: 7:34am On Feb 02, 2022
Please how do I calculate the total credit hour I earned from Nigeria university?
If there's anybody that studied Engineering, you can give me your total credit hour for sample.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TabletMan: 7:35am On Feb 02, 2022
TabletMan:
Please who have used Spantran here ?
I seriously need help .
Also I am still looking for my comrades here.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 8:57am On Feb 02, 2022
Tinafusty:

It is for anyone that wants to renew visa,

Ok
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kenola01: 9:23am On Feb 02, 2022
Hello house, when is the earliest time one can attend visa interview For fall 2022?

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mikedaze7: 9:28am On Feb 02, 2022
Fawaz12345:

Your record and their record isn't the same. Except if you've applied for Visa before and you put their info in your DS-160 then you have to be consistent. But if not...

Try and be open minded next time tho. If you knew "I can be denied for false kini" before, you wouldn't come and ask questions here. If you didn't understand him, you could have asked for more clarifications or told him to DM.

Like he said, you'd be fine.

11 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Magma012: 10:30am On Feb 02, 2022
bro pls send me the strong recommendation letter format,, still waiting
Timotte:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Yinkagbo(m): 12:21pm On Feb 02, 2022
Gokoyer1401:
Congratulations sir.
If I may ask, do you get funding from the University of Georgia?

Funding decision would be decided by march

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 12:58pm On Feb 02, 2022
Kenola01:
Hello house, when is the earliest time one can attend visa interview For fall 2022?

120days before your school resumption date.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 1:01pm On Feb 02, 2022
Magma012:
bro pls send me the strong recommendation letter format,, still waiting

What to include in the reference?

Your relation to the applicant

Please state the length of time, and the capacity, in which the applicant has been known to you.

Has the applicant discussed his/her motivation for the proposed programme of study with you?

Academic abilities (if applicable)

How well do you know the applicant’s academic work?

Can you comment on the applicant’s present performance and future potential?

If available, please provide the student’s ranking in class.

Do you consider the applicant’s degree result a true reflection of his/her abilities? - Please comment on any examination results achieved or forecasts the results you believe they will achieve.

Please comment on any research experience the candidate has, if applying to undertake research at King’s or a taught programme with a significant research component.

Employment

If you are the applicant’s present or former employer, please include an outline of responsibilities and an appraisal of their competence and initiative.

Was this work experience directly relevant to this application?

Suitability for chosen programme in terms of:

Personal factors – application, independence of mind, creative ability.

Motivation

Powers of expression

Please comment on the candidate’s ability to express himself/herself orally and in writing.

Interests

Please refer to the candidate’s contribution to the life of the community of your organization.

Other information

Any further information you feel is relevant to their application.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 1:12pm On Feb 02, 2022
All the best my sister.
cincolaze:

I guess it's my department that requires me having one before submitting my application, yes I'm applying to the university of Maine and Arizona as well but Maine asked me to check back by 11th of Feb before I can start the application process.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DAramis: 1:17pm On Feb 02, 2022
Gokoyer1401:

Can you be able to drop the schools for others to check out other courses offered by them? That is, if you don't mind
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Magma012: 1:30pm On Feb 02, 2022
I appreciate your response bro
Moshkom:

What to include in the reference?

Your relation to the applicant

Please state the length of time, and the capacity, in which the applicant has been known to you.

Has the applicant discussed his/her motivation for the proposed programme of study with you?

Academic abilities (if applicable)

How well do you know the applicant’s academic work?

Can you comment on the applicant’s present performance and future potential?

If available, please provide the student’s ranking in class.

Do you consider the applicant’s degree result a true reflection of his/her abilities? - Please comment on any examination results achieved or forecasts the results you believe they will achieve.

Please comment on any research experience the candidate has, if applying to undertake research at King’s or a taught programme with a significant research component.

Employment

If you are the applicant’s present or former employer, please include an outline of responsibilities and an appraisal of their competence and initiative.

Was this work experience directly relevant to this application?

Suitability for chosen programme in terms of:

Personal factors – application, independence of mind, creative ability.

Motivation

Powers of expression

Please comment on the candidate’s ability to express himself/herself orally and in writing.

Interests

Please refer to the candidate’s contribution to the life of the community of your organization.

Other information

Any further information you feel is relevant to their application.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.