Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (739) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1648243 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Salsabil88: 11:43pm On Feb 02, 2022
Hello guys. I have been Delayed visa based on section 214b on Nov 4th 2021 and I'll be scheduling another appointment by end of March 2022. After that time I got married, my wife is pregnant ( I have court affidavit, though in my 1st application I was single), 2. started a new job as before I mentioned that I was working in Dubai, now I'm working in Nigeria, lastly I want to change my sponsor from my cousin to my father, although last time I was given the blue paper but I can't precisely know my problems, later I realized he asked me which course I'm admitted to, I told him MSc in Environmental safety and health management while my I-20 indicated that I have to first attend language training before enrolling for my MSc. But now I've taken a language course and it has been waived. Need your advice....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adeboy700: 12:01am On Feb 03, 2022
Thanks for your response.
adedayoolahanmi@gmail.com
collykay:

Drop your mail
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Maxidooo1990: 12:11am On Feb 03, 2022
AdebolaNG:

The repayment of the loan will start after the completion of my Msc program which 20% of my salary will be used as repayment for 10years period and in the event of default my bank and employer signed an indemnity agreement to off set my pension and benefits to the loan company as repayment.

What about interest, is there no interest charged you for the loan. That's another thing you need to consider.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olatemmanuel01: 12:38am On Feb 03, 2022
UmmZayd:

Have them add it to your i-20. The VO may not ask to see the letter

Best of luck

The I20 form has been sent already several months ago and I just got this scholarship from school by applying for the shoarship though an app. Can it still be added to my 120 form?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 12:45am On Feb 03, 2022
Salsabil88:
Hello guys. I have been Delayed visa based on section 214b on Nov 4th 2021 and I'll be scheduling another appointment by end of March 2022. After that time I got married, my wife is pregnant ( I have court affidavit, though in my 1st application I was single), 2. started a new job as before I mentioned that I was working in Dubai, now I'm working in Nigeria, lastly I want to change my sponsor from my cousin to my father, although last time I was given the blue paper but I can't precisely know my problems, later I realized he asked me which course I'm admitted to, I told him MSc in Environmental safety and health management while my I-20 indicated that I have to first attend language training before enrolling for my MSc. But now I've taken a language course and it has been waived. Need your advice....

Okay.
I don't understand almost everything but I can pick one thing from all these. Since the school has waived the language for you, request for a new I-20 showing the actual course and program you are going for.

Best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 12:46am On Feb 03, 2022
Olatemmanuel01:

The I20 form has been sent already several months ago and I just got this scholarship from school by applying for the shoarship though an app. Can it still be added to my 120 form?

It's not a problem. You can request for an updated one.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LadeeE: 12:50am On Feb 03, 2022
bukhety:
Pls, I need help with the validation of NIN. What is the process? How long does it take? I reg my children's NIN in dec.
Thank you.

I got my baby's own after 3 working days. Did it Last month
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oremeter: 2:08am On Feb 03, 2022
Keren12:
Please guys i am finding it difficult to pay my application fee, Need assistance. Who is going to Texas Tech University for 2022 fall or summer.

2022 fall, already applied though since last year. Perhaps you should try again some other time maybe network I guess.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oremeter: 2:35am On Feb 03, 2022
Hello! Pls I was accepted into Texas Tech University for undergraduate study and required to submit proof of funding (about $40,808). My issue is whether I should convert using the bank rate or the black market rate. Despite the fact that the black market rate is ridiculously high (about 23 million) and the bank rate is around 17 million. I'm not sure if any of this will have an impact on my visa interview.
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mizzyel1: 3:20am On Feb 03, 2022
jswaggzo:
Hey guys. I’m currently in the US on a J1 visa. I’m trying to adjust my status. I have to apply for a waiver with a “statement of no objection” from the Nigerian embassy here. One of the required documents I have to submit is “release letter from sponsor”.
I email my sponsor organization and their response is attached below.
Please who has any idea of what I can submit instead or how to go about this issue ?
Thanks !!!!!!

Hi. Were you able to get this? I am having the same issue and cant find useful information online for Nigerians.
Please let me know.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer0(m): 4:03am On Feb 03, 2022
You are going to use bank rate.
Oremeter:
Hello! Pls I was accepted into Texas Tech University for undergraduate study and required to submit proof of funding (about $40,808). My issue is whether I should convert using the bank rate or the black market rate. Despite the fact that the black market rate is ridiculously high (about 23 million) and the bank rate is around 17 million. I'm not sure if any of this will have an impact on my visa interview.
Thank you.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DAramis: 4:49am On Feb 03, 2022
Gokoyer1401:
Check one of my quotes in the past. I have listed handsful of them already. This is in reference to my prospective course of study though.

Okay, on it already. My best wishes to you on this great endeavour.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 5:35am On Feb 03, 2022
Mizzyel1:

Hi. Were you able to get this? I am having the same issue and cant find useful information online for Nigerians.
Please let me know.

https://www.uscis.gov/visit-the-united-states/change-my-nonimmigrant-status
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gbarinze(m): 5:42am On Feb 03, 2022
Your interview date should not be earlier than 120 days from your program start date. Leave grammar abeg angry: you fit show for interview 4 months before your program dey start. cool

Kenola01:
Hello house, when is the earliest time one can attend visa interview For fall 2022?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AdebolaNG: 7:18am On Feb 03, 2022
Maxidooo1990:

What about interest, is there no interest charged you for the loan. That's another thing you need to consider.

Are you asking this questions for asking sake? Cuz if you really got a loan from Mpower the repayment of principal & interest is spread up to 15years. So I don’t understand your question �

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 7:27am On Feb 03, 2022
I got an email from a graduate admissions committee that they will be doing an interview with me. I have no idea about what they will be asking me.

Na beg I dey beg, who can give me some hints about what to expect. Kindly signify and i will PM in due course.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by itoski(m): 9:04am On Feb 03, 2022
Gokoyer1401:
I got an email from a graduate admissions committee that they will be doing an interview with me. I have no idea about what they will be asking me.

Na beg I dey beg, who can give me some hints about what to expect. Kindly signify and i will PM in due course.

Thanks
A simple google search will suffice.
I bet you will see YouTube channels about it from a past participant in that school.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 9:24am On Feb 03, 2022
LadeeE:

I got my baby's own after 3 working days. Did it Last month
I've got the NIN number too. But they said it needs validation. Have you validated your baby's, how did you do it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 9:36am On Feb 03, 2022
Gokoyer1401:

Thanks
Which school?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 9:59am On Feb 03, 2022
Gokoyer1401:

Thanks

SKYPE/ZOOM INTERVIEW WITH PROFESSOR

So, a Professor (PI) finally replied your email:-

“Hi, I'd like to chat with you to learn more about your interest”
Congratulations. This chat is for them to connect the dot, see if there’s a fit & whether you
will make a good candidate
The following content will give an overview of the meeting and some questions you
can/should ask the Professor to show research curiosity.
SO, LET'S GO.

1. The PROF gives a brief overview of the lab, him/herself, current and past research- Here, the
PI tells you everything you need to know (pertaining to the meeting).

2. Your turn- Please be specific. “I’m Adewale, my BSc was in Civil Engineering from Yakuza
Kamakuna University, for my research under the supervision of Dr. James, I focused on
nonlinearity of hydrological system & published in Elsevier journal or presented at DEF
conference”. I use MATLAB, & R for modeling.

3. You will be asked what your Research Questions are and what you want to study for
M.sc/Ph.D.- prepare something specific to say here. (They know it may/will change and just
hypothetical for now, but you need to show you both share similar questions).

4. If your research interest closely aligns (and the feeling is mutual), the PROF will ask why you
want to do Ph.D./M.Sc and why their lab- justify this with something substantial (your career
goal for example)

Now, you will be given the chance to ask questions-

Please you need to ask questions, and below are some questions you can ask PROF during an
interview (see disclaimer above please).

A. Nature of their current and future research
Will, there be a need for someone with your skills and background, will you be working on
existing projects or have to develop your own projects with the PROF

B. The PROF’S expectation of his/her graduate students.

C. PROF’S policy regarding publications with graduate students and after your M.sc/Ph.D.- in
particular, how many papers are you expected to have published from your research.

D. How long does it take, on average, for students to earn their Ph.D. degree there?

E. Funding (this might not be necessary because the PROF should have mentioned it, if not,
PLEASE ASK)

F. Past & current research (if not said before).

G. Are they open to another but similar study system, perhaps a similar project in another
continent (if you get funding)?

H. Resources available in the lab

I. Life in that city (especially, accommodation)
With the above questions, you have engaged the PROF., shown curiosity in what they do & shown you’re ready for the task ahead

Credits : @Dr. Hammed

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chism440: 10:37am On Feb 03, 2022
good morning house, please I plan to upgrade my WES immigration evaluation to course by course evaluation for study... but I dont know whether that process will effect my wes for immigration which is ready because I dont want when they pick me from the EE pool my WES won't be ready?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nazacynthia: 10:47am On Feb 03, 2022
Pls can someone help me. I applied to AU school of communication and they are asking for a course by course evaluation of my transcript. I studied mass communication in my undergraduate, how do I go about it?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 11:41am On Feb 03, 2022
Thank you for your contribution! I appreciate it.
itoski:

A simple google search will suffice.
I bet you will see YouTube channels about it from a past participant in that school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 11:42am On Feb 03, 2022
Thank you for your contribution! I Really appreciate this.
Moshkom:

SKYPE/ZOOM INTERVIEW WITH PROFESSOR

So, a Professor (PI) finally replied your email:-

“Hi, I'd like to chat with you to learn more about your interest”
Congratulations. This chat is for them to connect the dot, see if there’s a fit & whether you
will make a good candidate
The following content will give an overview of the meeting and some questions you
can/should ask the Professor to show research curiosity.
SO, LET'S GO.

1. The PROF gives a brief overview of the lab, him/herself, current and past research- Here, the
PI tells you everything you need to know (pertaining to the meeting).

2. Your turn- Please be specific. “I’m Adewale, my BSc was in Civil Engineering from Yakuza
Kamakuna University, for my research under the supervision of Dr. James, I focused on
nonlinearity of hydrological system & published in Elsevier journal or presented at DEF
conference”. I use MATLAB, & R for modeling.

3. You will be asked what your Research Questions are and what you want to study for
M.sc/Ph.D.- prepare something specific to say here. (They know it may/will change and just
hypothetical for now, but you need to show you both share similar questions).

4. If your research interest closely aligns (and the feeling is mutual), the PROF will ask why you
want to do Ph.D./M.Sc and why their lab- justify this with something substantial (your career
goal for example)

Now, you will be given the chance to ask questions-

Please you need to ask questions, and below are some questions you can ask PROF during an
interview (see disclaimer above please).

A. Nature of their current and future research
Will, there be a need for someone with your skills and background, will you be working on
existing projects or have to develop your own projects with the PROF

B. The PROF’S expectation of his/her graduate students.

C. PROF’S policy regarding publications with graduate students and after your M.sc/Ph.D.- in
particular, how many papers are you expected to have published from your research.

D. How long does it take, on average, for students to earn their Ph.D. degree there?

E. Funding (this might not be necessary because the PROF should have mentioned it, if not,
PLEASE ASK)

F. Past & current research (if not said before).

G. Are they open to another but similar study system, perhaps a similar project in another
continent (if you get funding)?

H. Resources available in the lab

I. Life in that city (especially, accommodation)
With the above questions, you have engaged the PROF., shown curiosity in what they do & shown you’re ready for the task ahead

Credits : @Dr. Hammed

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 11:44am On Feb 03, 2022
This one is Boston University.
bukhety:

Which school?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 11:58am On Feb 03, 2022
Nazacynthia:
Pls can someone help me. I applied to AU school of communication and they are asking for a course by course evaluation of my transcript. I studied mass communication in my undergraduate, how do I go about it?

You can check with the school if they have a preferred evaluation body. If not use WES (search this on Google and you will find the site link)

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LadeeE: 12:10pm On Feb 03, 2022
bukhety:

I've got the NIN number too. But they said it needs validation. Have you validated your baby's, how did you do it?

I have no idea about that. What do you need the validation for?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 12:13pm On Feb 03, 2022
Cocao:

I used it yesterday and the day before and it worked fine. Let me know if you need any help
Yes please, I sent you an email request
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 12:15pm On Feb 03, 2022
JEFFREY150:
it working maybe yours. Let me know what the problem is? If you need any help let me know.
Yea I need assistance with making the payment,
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Salsabil88: 2:53pm On Feb 03, 2022
UmmZayd:

Okay.
I don't understand almost everything but I can pick one thing from all these. Since the school has waived the language for you, request for a new I-20 showing the actual course and program you are going for.

Best of luck

What I mean is that in November my visa was not issued as per section 214b, so now I made a fresh application, so my recent changes that weren't in my 1st application is that now I'm married after my 1st interview in Nov, started a new job because before I mentioned I worked in Dubai in my last application, 3rd my school place me on ESL which I didn't discover until after interviewing, but now I have write doulingo & passed, so they will waive it, 4th I'm changing my sponsor from my cousin to my father, are these changes OK? Because I want to mention in my new application 1. Married, 2, New job, 3. Father as a sponsor, 4, ESL waived.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Salsabil88: 2:54pm On Feb 03, 2022
Salsabil88:

What I mean is that in November my visa was not issued as per section 214b, so now I made a fresh application, so my recent changes that weren't in my 1st application is that now I'm married after my 1st interview in Nov, started a new job because before I mentioned I worked in Dubai in my last application, 3rd my school place me on ESL which I didn't discover until after interviewing, but now I have write doulingo & passed, so they will waive it, 4th I'm changing my sponsor from my cousin to my father, are these changes OK? Because I want to mention in my new application 1. Married, 2, New job, 3. Father as a sponsor, 4, ESL waived.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Maxidooo1990: 4:21pm On Feb 03, 2022
AdebolaNG:

Are you asking this questions for asking sake? Cuz if you really got a loan from Mpower the repayment of principal & interest is spread up to 15years. So I don’t understand your question �

[b]Dude, don't confuse yourself and those you need guidance from. You said that the loan is $35,000 and you are paying in naira after your studies, because you gonna be working here and paying back the money with 20% of your salary for the period of ten years. Now if we do the maths, though I can't discern now what your actual salary will be by then. Now, $35,000 with current CBN exchange rate is 415. Thus, 35000 * 415 = 14,525,000. The period of ten years gave us 120 months, meaning that you gonna be paying 121,041.6667 every month for the period of ten years, (14,525,000 ÷ 120). This only gave the principal amount of $35000 equivalent to 14,525,000 in Naira. If the principal and interest are there, you didn't specify it, because you said that the loan is $35,000. Reason this also, incase they want to do the math and ask you how much will you be earning after your studies. You will be earning 121,041.667 * 5 = 605,208.335. Check if that is possible for you as a young graduate in the Nigerian financial institute without at least CFA which can edge you to a managerial position, because currently, according to glassdoor, average salary for financial analyst in Nigeria is about 200,000 naira. Consider how you gonna convince your VO. [/b]

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.