Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (738) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1645101 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 2:02pm On Feb 02, 2022
As i said earlier, only one potential advisor replied me with something looking positive so far. I don't think i wrote any exceptional email. If am not exaggerating, i sent over 50 emails looking for supervisor in US, Canada and Aussie. Anyway, i have replied your email.

My candid advice for you is to look for schools that do not necessitate you finding potential supervisor and improve your profile by writing necessary tests.

I am also waiting for decisions to come out. All the best to us all.
Magma012:
bro send me a format for contacting these advocates, have sent out mails but no replies

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 2:20pm On Feb 02, 2022
Check one of my quotes in the past. I have listed handsful of them already. This is in reference to my prospective course of study though.
DAramis:

Can you be able to drop the schools for others to check out other courses offered by them? That is, if you don't mind
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tunde2222: 2:25pm On Feb 02, 2022
I do have the same issue of been unable to register to book an appointment. It is my first time of registering BUT I keep receiving the error. Any suggestion on how to get around it?
Walspring:

Sorry you won’t be able to create account yourself or do it that way on the CGI portal, It will need to be done manually.

The system is seeing your details as duplicating another account details since you have account before but if you don’t at all they will to override it manually for you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 2:57pm On Feb 02, 2022
Pls, I need help with the validation of NIN. What is the process? How long does it take? I reg my children's NIN in dec.
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by decorum003(m): 3:07pm On Feb 02, 2022
Please I will appreciate it if we can have experienced people who have passed through the process to give us better answer on this question

*VO: And how do you intend to repay that loan?*

I think it's very important for people like us planning on using Mpower finance Loan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by decorum003(m): 3:08pm On Feb 02, 2022
AdebolaNG:
Please guys help me check this proposed transcript so I can know where or what I need to remove or add.
Thanks guys

COA: $36,349
GTA Funding: Zero (0)

VO: What is your highest qualification?

ME: I hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Banking & Finance from * University.

VO: What have you been doing since then?

ME: I've been working in the financial sector.

VO: What do you currently do?
I work as a Financial analyst at Stanbic ibtc bank where I analyze past results, perform variances analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements also evaluate opportunities to commit money for the purpose of generating profit for my employer and it customer.

VO: Why are you going to the U.S?
ME: I’m going to the United States to Pursue a Masters’ Degree in Finance at Seattle University in Seattle, Washington.

VO: How many schools did you apply to?
ME: I applied to 4 universities (Austin Peay State University, University of Maine, Illinois institute of tech & Seattle university.

VO: How did you hear about the school?

ME: I carried out an extensive personal research based on school ranking, CFA accreditation and curriculum on this school by making use of search engines such as 4icu, US News, The Grad Café, and I was better informed and at the same time convinced with the high analytical program offered by the Seattle university that perfectly meets my academic desire.

VO: Why did you choose Seattle University?

ME: I chose Seattle University for various reasons;
The university incorporates the curriculum of the chartered financial analysts the with cfa institute.
The university also offers students the opportunity to engage and participate in capstone projects of the school which students can leverage as graduate experience. during an email conversation with Dr Ewalewa, the Graduate Program director, i was informed that bleep university offers graduate internship programs just within the two years course of studies, the school has a strong collaboration with the industry which i believe would help me harness the advanced skills and theoretical knowledge of what is taught in class for practical applications in real life scenarios.

VO: what will this course do for you ?

Me: upon completion of my program, this degree and the experiences I would be gaining will move me higher in my career ladder to the position of a senior financial analyst. My immediate plan is to return back to Nigeria to continue working with my current employer as a Financial risk Analyst. My medium term plan is to work as a mutual fund Analyst at the Nigerian stock exchange NSE. In this position, I will analyze the debt and equity market to assess the performance of the various mutual fund schemes and gives recommendation based on sound judgement. My inevitable long term plan is to establish a financial consulting firm, rendering advisory and consultation services to the public and private sector.

VO: did you write any English test?

Me: Yes, I took duolingo English test before applying to schools but all 4 universities I applied to waived English proficiency.

vo: What is your plan after completing your program?

Me: I’ll be coming back to Nigeria to seek reabsorption in my present organization as they have an understanding with me and has given me a 2 years study leave, so i plan on returning to them with the skills i have acquired through this course to help develop innovative and cutting edge solutions that address financial challenges we face in the company

VO: I see you have a Loan

Me: Yes, I secured a fully approved education loan from Mpower Finance. It will be paid directly to my school upon arrival.

VO: How much is the Loan

Me: $35000

VO: I will approving your visa make sure you ****

VO: And how do you intend to repay that loan?

What's the best Answer to this question

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by collykay: 3:20pm On Feb 02, 2022
Adeboy700:
Good evening everyone, please I need a good statement of purpose for Msc Chemistry thou my undergrad was chemical Engineering. for teaching assistantship. Thanks

Drop your mail
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oloniyan(m): 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2022
collykay:

Drop your mail
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Magma012: 3:44pm On Feb 02, 2022
thank you for your response bro
Gokoyer1401:
As i said earlier, only one potential advisor replied me with something looking positive so far. I don't think i wrote any exceptional email. If am not exaggerating, i sent over 50 emails looking for supervisor in US, Canada and Aussie. Anyway, i have replied your email.

My candid advice for you is to look for schools that do not necessitate you finding potential supervisor and improve your profile by writing necessary tests.

I am also waiting for decisions to come out. All the best to us all.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nicolars(m): 3:46pm On Feb 02, 2022
TabletMan:
Please how do I calculate the total credit hour I earned from Nigeria university?
If there's anybody that studied Engineering, you can give me your total credit hour for sample.

Thanks
That's the total number of Units you did in school. Check your student profile
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phemorhino(m): 5:34pm On Feb 02, 2022
Svelte98:
Hi. You sent a DM sometime ago which I replied to, but you didn't respond. Good luck with the interview.
I’m so sorry i dont seem to remember not responding.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 02, 2022
decorum003:
Please I will appreciate it if we can have experienced people who have passed through the process to give us better answer on this question

*VO: And how do you intend to repay that loan?*

I think it's very important for people like us planning on using Mpower finance Loan

Hi, I got your mail request. What's up?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by preshogor: 6:05pm On Feb 02, 2022
Please fam, what is the best material to use for GRE that will help me ace it. I've been seeing lots of them and I'm quite confused. Thanks alot
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Brojay007(m): 6:08pm On Feb 02, 2022
Good evening pls I need help with my application uploads Michigan state university course : environmental geoscience masters ,anybody in the house Biko edakun help me I’m clueless thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Svelte98(f): 6:13pm On Feb 02, 2022
phemorhino:

I’m so sorry i dont seem to remember not responding.
I've replied the new DM.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by preshogor: 6:14pm On Feb 02, 2022
Pls house, my friend who finished from law is asking if she can directly gain admission in United States for master's in data science?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 6:55pm On Feb 02, 2022
Hello, I noticed that PayPal is no longer working on ETS (GRE) portal, or is it just my own PayPal? Has anyone used it recently on ETS website? I want to order additional score report
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cocao(f): 6:58pm On Feb 02, 2022
emmanuelle27:
Hello, I noticed that PayPal is no longer working on ETS (GRE) portal, or is it just my own PayPal? Has anyone used it recently on ETS website? I want to order additional score report

I used it yesterday and the day before and it worked fine. Let me know if you need any help

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Magma012: 7:09pm On Feb 02, 2022
i used it just now
emmanuelle27:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Magma012: 7:18pm On Feb 02, 2022
what do you mean
Brojay007:
Good evening pls I need help with my application uploads Michigan state university course : environmental geoscience masters ,anybody in the house Biko edakun help me I’m clueless thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hackalvin: 7:21pm On Feb 02, 2022
Tosinjustina:
Good evening house,
Is it possible to pay for my daughter f2 visa fee and secure a date when I have not received confirmation letter for deferred admission?
Dont try it they wil denie you the visa..blue paper straight..just wait till school reply to you for that.. before gtting the form and appointment .because they wil ask for it without that they will notnissue you visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bustlezach01(m): 7:58pm On Feb 02, 2022
Mr. Fairheart,
Kindly assist me with GRE material.
Email: bustlezach001@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 8:15pm On Feb 02, 2022
OK good luck in advance I am on the Marshall University Huntington campus.
Oluh:

Lol I’m not there yet, just asking because I want to know. Haven’t done my interview yet
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 8:20pm On Feb 02, 2022
na people like you dey cause problem for us for the embassy. Why put this kind of information on a public page that everyone including the VOs read. 9jia make we get sense small naaaaa.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JEFFREY150(m): 8:50pm On Feb 02, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JEFFREY150(m): 8:51pm On Feb 02, 2022
emmanuelle27:
it working maybe yours. Let me know what the problem is? If you need any help let me know.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phemorhino(m): 9:42pm On Feb 02, 2022
Svelte98:
I've replied the new DM.
Seen and reverted.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by deeteeneey(f): 9:49pm On Feb 02, 2022
I have read back few pages but it appears most people are going for graduate studies. Please I need information on affordable university/colleges for undergraduate studies. Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AdebolaNG: 10:19pm On Feb 02, 2022
decorum003:

VO: And how do you intend to repay that loan?

What's the best Answer to this question

The repayment of the loan will start after the completion of my Msc program which 20% of my salary will be used as repayment for 10years period and in the event of default my bank and employer signed an indemnity agreement to off set my pension and benefits to the loan company as repayment.

12 Likes 8 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Joeking007: 10:28pm On Feb 02, 2022
Walspring:

You use your Bsc to apply for masters degree which is the norms everywhere

Applying for another masters degree in USA is like doing another masters degree again in another field or course.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.