Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,975 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (741) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1639558 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nazacynthia: 5:21pm On Feb 04, 2022
UmmZayd:

You can check with the school if they have a preferred evaluation body. If not use WES (search this on Google and you will find the site link)

Best of luck

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TClassique: 5:43pm On Feb 04, 2022
Hello house. Abeg students from BENIN republic when have done WES or other recognized evaluations should please signify. Kindly!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gpdwise(m): 10:09pm On Feb 04, 2022
bidemialade43:

Congratulations on your admission decision..
Please, my first question is...without GRE were u able to get funding??
And has Alabama revert back to you on there admission decision too??
Going for communication studies too... fall 2022
I got admitted now am confused on how to go abt getting funding.. I tot US university gives PhD admission with funding
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bidemialade43: 10:31pm On Feb 04, 2022
Gpdwise:

I got admitted now am confused on how to go abt getting funding.. I tot US university gives PhD admission with funding
Admitted, In Alabama ??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gpdwise(m): 10:57pm On Feb 04, 2022
bidemialade43:

Admitted, In Alabama ??
Yap!!
Any idea what my next step should be..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bidemialade43: 11:08pm On Feb 04, 2022
Gpdwise:

Yap!!
Any idea what my next step should be..
Sorry, PHD??
You book appointment na...
I applied and haven’t Hear anything from them..
Sorry do u think sharing your profile?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DeaeneieeRee: 12:11am On Feb 05, 2022
Please who has gotten verification done for WES from federal polytechnic Mubi. I would like to get a contact if any to enable me follow up on verification of transcripts. Please if you have a contact please share. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Idowu3080(m): 2:04am On Feb 05, 2022
Dear All,

Please I need clarification.

1. My International passport would be expiring February 2023 and I intend to apply May 2022. Hope this isn’t an issue or I must renew my passport before applying?

2. I have a scholarship which covered my tuition and a Teaching Assistantship Position in the department. In the section on DS 160 that says “....who will cover the cost for your trip....” should I put it as employer or should I just put personal. If so, where can I show it on DS 160 that the cost of attendance is fully catered for by the school?

Thank you as I anticipate your response.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ayofag(m): 4:47am On Feb 05, 2022
Your employer, institution is paying for your trip.
Idowu3080:
Dear All,

1. My International passport would be expiring February 2023 and I intend to apply May 2022. Hope this isn’t an issue or I must renew my passport before applying?

2. I have a scholarship which covered my tuition and a Teaching Assistantship Position in the department. In the section on DS 160 that says “....who will cover the cost for your trip....” should I put it as employer or should I just put personal. If so, where can I show it on DS 160 that the cost of attendance is fully catered for by the school?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer1401: 7:29am On Feb 05, 2022
Don't give up. If you have not written all the necessary tests, pls consider writing them now. Here on this thread you can kindly ask about schools that Nigerians that got funding applied to. PhD without funding is suicidal if someone does not have multimillion naira or have multimillionaire in the family! This is my 2 cents for you.

Imagine tuition fees between 15000-50000 USD alone? What about other expenses? I can't even think twice before I flee away from such offer.
Gpdwise:

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Symplyannaa: 7:58am On Feb 05, 2022
Hello I got admission to Telodo
Economics for summer 2022
Please what’s next
Can I get summer dates and please what should I respond on a question of What have you been doing?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Symplyannaa: 7:58am On Feb 05, 2022
Please I need guidance on what to state on present employer
What have you been doing ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cap91: 8:33am On Feb 05, 2022
UmmZayd:

Which $160 and $350??
If it's visa and SEVIS fee, you don't have to pay again.

Good morning all, please when I was feeling ds160 form, I had one sponsor but I want to add another sponsor now . Can I edith the D's 160 sponsor. Please again, what again do I need to do to add the second sponsor.

Please again, how long does D's 160 last that you can't edith it again
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Becky42: 8:33am On Feb 05, 2022
Hello! I got admission to little rock MBA Business management , It is compulsory to pay my tuition fee here in Nigeria or when am there? Also, what's Mpower loan all about? Can I also apply for it? How do I go about it?
Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Becky42: 8:36am On Feb 05, 2022
Idowu3080:
Dear All,

Hi Idowu , Did you applied for the scholarship? How did you go about it pls . Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gpdwise(m): 10:46am On Feb 05, 2022
bidemialade43:

Sorry, PHD??
You book appointment na...
I applied and haven’t Hear anything from them..
Sorry do u think sharing your profile?

Graduated distinction in my masters and I also have several academic publications.. my challenge now is how to secure funding..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by freezy4me: 12:20pm On Feb 05, 2022
Hello house

I got this mail from Lamar University concerning my application. Please what do they mean by graduate record exam and how does it differs from my school transcript?

Also what are the procedures to send an official IELTS result to universities?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BarrElChapo(m): 1:32pm On Feb 05, 2022
Hi All,

I have two younger siblings who I'm encouraging to try the US for their masters program.

The older is a 1st class graduate, a chartered accountant and a lecturer in a federal university.

While the other is a chemical engineer with an above 4point cgpa currently on her nysc program.

Pls can I get ideas on how they should apply to schools so as to get fully funded scholarships

Thanks ,,,

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IntrovertGuy: 2:02pm On Feb 05, 2022
freezy4me:
Hello house

I got this mail from Lamar University concerning my application. Please what do they mean by graduate record exam and how does it differ from my school transcript?

Also, what are the procedures to send an official IELTS result to universities?

It means you need to take GRE. It is a proficiency exam similar to SAT, GMAT etc - https://www.ets.org/gre

It has nothing to do with your school transcript.

To send an IELTS score, you need to log in to your portal.

Also, a simple google search would have your questions answered.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by freezy4me: 2:14pm On Feb 05, 2022
IntrovertGuy:

It means you need to take GRE. It is a proficiency exam similar to SAT, GMAT etc - https://www.ets.org/gre

It has nothing to do with your school transcript.

To send an IELTS score, you need to log in to your portal.

Also, a simple google search would have your questions answered.

Thanks for the reply
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Iamyemmie: 2:16pm On Feb 05, 2022
Hi I am planning to bring my Kid to the us
Will she be needing her waec result or she’s still going to go back to high school
She is 15years but she has graduated from secondary school here
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by vireks: 3:28pm On Feb 05, 2022
I recently got admitted to and have accepted a fully-funded PhD offer at the department of geographical sciences, University of Maryland, college park, to resume by Fall 2022. I'd like to connect with anybody going to UMCP this year. I applied to 4 schools - (without writing GRE or IELTS), 3 - in the US, and 1 in Hong kong. that is, University of Alabama, University of Illinois, Urbana champaign, and University of Maryland. In HK I applied to PolyU. I got an admit in HK but UMD's admission came early so I declined it. I got a reject from UIUC early January, due to the unavailability of funds for RA or TA and UAB is still making their decision. However, UMD was top in my choice list, I really like the program there and I've had a really good correspondence with my advisor. So I accepted the offer immediately and I'm currently reading up on some topics my advisor hinted I would be working on when I resume as RA in the lab by August.
I've found this platform to be really helpful. Thank y'all.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 4:10pm On Feb 05, 2022
Hello People, my ETS(GRE) payment for additional score report ($27) keeps saying Error 483: Payment cannot be processed, pls contact ETS I have explored all the available Online payment options(PayPal, GTb Master card, different PayPal accounts other than mine), Clearing my cache and Using different browsers but no improvement, I have also contacted ETS and they keep giving me generic responses, on consulting Google I realized that people(Indians) have had such issues but most of them said they looked for someone in the US to make the payment, this made me to try making the payment with my virtual dollar card from Barter by Flutterwave(since it's Virtually in San Francisco) which still didn't work, pls who has encountered this sort of challenge here and how did you solve it??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Becky42: 4:47pm On Feb 05, 2022
vireks:
I recently got admitted to and have accepted a fully-funded PhD offer at the department of geographical sciences, University of Maryland, college park, to resume by Fall 2022. I'd like to connect with anybody going to UMCP this year. I applied to 4 schools - (without writing GRE or IELTS), 3 - in the US, and 1 in Hong kong. that is, University of Alabama, University of Illinois, Urbana champaign, and University of Maryland. In HK I applied to PolyU. I got an admit in HK but UMD's admission came early so I declined it. I got a reject from UIUC early January, due to the unavailability of funds for RA or TA and UAB is still making their decision. However, UMD was top in my choice list, I really like the program there and I've had a really good correspondence with my advisor. So I accepted the offer immediately and I'm currently reading up on some topics my advisor hinted I would be working on when I resume as RA in the lab by August.
I've found this platform to be really helpful. Thank y'all.

Congratulations���

How did you go about it ?Pls can I have your email address ?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by damolah10(m): 5:02pm On Feb 05, 2022
I think ETS purposely make it almost impossible to make payment by one's self because of chargeback issues. However, you can get this done by putting a call through and initiate a request for additional test score via phone. They would ask for your card details such as name on the card, billing address, and the rest. Btw, stick with your flutterwave virtual dollar card because it's a visa debit card and that's what they accept not a master debit card.
emmanuelle27:
This made me to try making the payment with my virtual dollar card from Barter by Flutterwave(since it's Virtually in San Francisco) which still didn't work, pls who has encountered this sort of challenge here and how did you solve it??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 5:52pm On Feb 05, 2022
damolah10:
I think ETS purposely make it almost impossible to make payment by one's self because of chargeback issues. However, you can get this done by putting a call through and initiate a request for additional test score via phone. They would ask for your card details such as name on the card, billing address, and the rest. Btw, stick with your flutterwave virtual dollar card because it's a visa debit card and that's what they accept not a master debit card.
thanks bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Idowu3080(m): 6:07pm On Feb 05, 2022
Please I need your advice on my first question especially. Thank you.

Idowu3080:
Dear All,

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cap91: 8:10pm On Feb 05, 2022
Simonokeh7:
Hello guys.

Has anyone seen a copy of their bachelor degree transcript?

What information do it contains.

More particularly does it carry your personal information such as; your date of birth, State if origin?

I have mine, it carries date of birth and also courses taken,grades and course units. Finally your cgpa.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.