Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (748) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1647171 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IntrovertGuy: 7:55pm On Feb 09, 2022
Moshkom:

Yea. You can! So far you already have admit.

- You setup your cgi portal
- Pay visa fee
- Update your cgi portal with the visa fee receipt
- Then you start seeing dates.

During the filling up of your CGI page, you would come across where to input your i20 and Sevis deets, just find something like the required character and fill up, when you receive your i20 and SEVIS details you update your profile.

Don’t forget all ‘that’ are NOT CRIME or OFFENSE. So, no penalty, it is just way of ‘beating’ getting earlier appointment date.

Goodluck!

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by vireks: 8:01pm On Feb 09, 2022
nwaugo:

Do you contact a supervisor before getting the full funding. How do you get the professor you are discussing about his work, is it after getting admission or before getting admission.

Yes, I reached out to ask if he had funding to support new graduate students and showed him how my research interest aligned with his. Before I was offered the admission. I did some research on schools that were doing good work in my research area and reached out to faculties of those schools. Cold email technique.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Redfang: 8:09pm On Feb 09, 2022
[quote author=Ladybii post=110096052]Hi everyone, please can someone with 12 years study gap, that has been working in same field of study for the 12 years straight get visa for masters . If yes please can anyone help with good schools that gives funding for masters In accounting .thank you [/quot

I think it's absolutely possible

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 8:16pm On Feb 09, 2022
Bestlight:
Good evening everyone. Please I've been trying to update by DS160 form and it's showing errors. Please can someone please help me, by interview is friday

Update ?

What do you want to update?

What’s the error message?

It seems urgent, kindly DM me Lemme see if I can help out.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 8:22pm On Feb 09, 2022
[quote author=Redfang post=110098192][/quote]

Good day sir!

You can get ADMISSION with your profile, the working experiences might be added advantage during admission sef. But nobody would tell you if you can get VISA approval with your profiles (both working and academic) because VISA PROCESS is another thing entirely. It would between YOU; THE VISA OFFICER and GOD. Lol.

PS: Admission process is different; Visa Application is different.
Get started by applying to schools before you even think of Visa or its application.

Check out UNIVERSITY OF UTAH and check their requirements for your course/department.

Goodluck!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Redfang: 9:02pm On Feb 09, 2022
I'm sorry I don't understand, what do you mean by course and I'm asking because I'm updating ds-160. Thank you.
Moshkom:

Please, explain in details. I mean, find a story to tell and how it’s changed.

E.g Like, talk about how your course of attendance was high then, and how it’s ‘low’ now; and easily can be pay by your sponsor.

or

How the VO see that you don’t have home ties before now you’ve propose to your long time Lover and you’re to marry after your study.

Come up with something and end it well.

PS: Everyone that got denied before were given the SAME form (home ties). So, going to be too basic filling just that form section for the denial reason.

Las Las, all na GRACE but still let’s walk towards our own Grace path.

Goodluck Champ!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Delight222: 9:49pm On Feb 09, 2022
[quote author=UmmZayd post=110090737]

You can check out these list
Kansas State University Manhattan
Mississippi State University
NMSU
NCSU
Fort Valley State uni
OSU
Penn State University
Stratford University
Towson University
Tennessee State University[/quote

Thank you and please the full meaning of those in Abreviation,thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by oyeflexy4217: 9:55pm On Feb 09, 2022
Moshkom:

You would have to create your account on cgi portal ( https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/scheduleappointment?sfdcIFrameOrigin=null )

After, you make payment via GTBANK or on GTBank mobile app (N67,200).
You need; your passport deets to fill the payment form.

After the payment, you go back to your cgi portal to update your payment transaction receipt.

After the update, you would be seeing the available visa interview dates.

PS: While creating the portal your might see an error message of not being able to create. Send the below email to their support system:

Email: support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Subject: Please help me create cgifederal account from your end.

Body: Good day,

Please I’m unable to create an account, i have been getting an error
message. I would be happy if you can help me create cgifederal account so i
can schedule an appointment.. i have attached the error message to this
email..
Thanks!.

Goodluck boss!

I was trying to create a profile on the cgi portal but i cant find America in the drop down, Can we chat on whatsap, please i need to do this because my school resumes in April and i'm yet to secure a visa. This is my number 08063540837

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by babra19: 10:49pm On Feb 09, 2022
Hi,

Please my mom’s visa expired on 28th April 2020 and she applied for this month’s Dropbox, is she qualified for the 24 months instruction from US embassy?
phoyeks:

Just like it was answered earlier, no more dropbox in Nigeria for now.
Are you renewing your B1/B2 alone or with your family? If you are renewing alone, you can update your DS160 application, changing your B1/B2 to F1. Since your scheduled date is in 2023, you have nothing to lose, cancel your appointment, submit your updated DS 160 reflecting the F1 and pick a fresh date which will still be in 2023. You can now expedite your appointment 60days before your resumption date.
In expediting, if you qualify for interview waiver, you will be notified. For now, only those qualified for the interview waver scheduled for Jan 18th -25th are being considered. Based on my personal findings.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluh: 11:34pm On Feb 09, 2022
degxyflexy:
I have admission with WVU for Fall 2022 already. How can I help?

Can I text you on WhatsApp bro? Or via email
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by degxyflexy: 1:26am On Feb 10, 2022
Yeah, send me a mail
Oluh:

Can I text you on WhatsApp bro? Or via email
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Teluv(m): 1:59am On Feb 10, 2022
Good day everyone,
Please I need your advise and suggestion on what to do.
My visa interview is on the 17th of February 2022 at the Abuja Embassy. However my program started on the 10th of January 2022, I could not get an earlier date, all emergency appointment dates request were denied, I even had to pay the MRV fees twice.
I am just wondering if there is an issue with attending a scheduled study visa appointment 4 weeks after the program start date.

Bowling Green state University
Msc in Construction management Technology.
I had to defer from fall 2021 to January 2022 because there were no dates last year and my emergency appointment request were not approved.
I can not defer the second time, I have to apply afresh if I do not get the chance to attend this interview
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by philip2014(m): 2:12am On Feb 10, 2022
Why not defer till next semester, applying 4weeks after resumption is really not the best for your profile. Taught ER is 60days to your start date
Teluv:
Good day everyone,
Please I need your advise and suggestion on what to do.
My visa interview is on the 17th of February 2022 at the Abuja Embassy. However my program started on the 10th of January 2022, I could not get an earlier date, all emergency appointment dates request were denied, I even pay the MRV fees twice.
I am just wondering if there an issue with attending a scheduled study visa appointment 4 weeks after the program start date.
Bowling Green state University
Msc in Construction management Technology.
Thanks

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omotola222: 4:55am On Feb 10, 2022
Good morning guys please how many days does it take to get a reply after requesting for Emergency date….
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Teluv(m): 5:09am On Feb 10, 2022
I actually deferred to January 2022 when I could not get a date before the original fall 2021 start date. I have only one opportunity to defer as per Bowling Green state university policy which I have utilized. I have to apply afresh for admission consideration if I do not get the chance to attend the visa interview this time.
philip2014:
Why not defer till next semester, applying 4weeks after resumption is really not the best for your profile. Taught ER is 60days to your start date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bigsecret(f): 7:09am On Feb 10, 2022
Wendywilson:
Pls which science course can I apply to, for graduate program that doesn't require I contact advisor first before I'm given admission?
what areas are you passionate about?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bigsecret(f): 7:11am On Feb 10, 2022
skoles001:
Please guys i need help!!!

I'll like to apply to study in the US using this mpower loan stuff.

Please i need a list of schools i can apply to.

I studied chemistry in my first degree and i'll like to go for it also in my Msc.

Please advise.
if you studied Chemistry, I can bet you don’t need a loan. If your profile is good, you will get a fully funded offer tbh.

Check out Miami University of Oxford
San Francisco University

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by babra19: 7:15am On Feb 10, 2022
Hi,

Please my mom’s visa expired on 28th April 2020 and she applied for this month’s dropbox, is she qualified for the 24 months instruction from US embassy?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bigsecret(f): 7:17am On Feb 10, 2022
wale2boy:

please if you have any idea (Good day , my name is dan ,I just finished my masters in IT security management in berlin germany ,please I need accredited school in USA that waive toelf ietls and others ,that I can apply and it will not give me too much stress thanks , please)

Kent State
BGSU
Miami of Oxford

Basically try watch this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ZK5ln94Wc or type schools waiving TOEFL on google. Ima sure you’d get.

I wish you best of luck

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Maureenho(f): 7:27am On Feb 10, 2022
Goodluck guys and best of luck to all those going for their Visa interview soon. Go and come back with "CONGRATULATIONS"... Amen �

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bigsecret(f): 7:34am On Feb 10, 2022
wandeykul:
Good day all,
Please who has suggestion of schools that gives funding for social work graduate students?

Thank you
Arizona State
Illinois state
University of Houston
University of Minnesota
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bigsecret(f): 7:38am On Feb 10, 2022
Gokoyer1401:
I got an email from a graduate admissions committee that they will be doing an interview with me. I have no idea about what they will be asking me.

Na beg I dey beg, who can give me some hints about what to expect. Kindly signify and i will PM in due course.

Thanks
if you have not already done this, here are a few questions to expect.

1. Tell us about yourself
2. Why this school
3. Why this course
4. Your career goals
5. How do you stay motivated or what motivates you
6. How do you manage stress
7. Do you prefer to write or do presentations
8. Do you prefer an independent work or a team work

I hope this helps you
Also, always ask questions. Always look for questions to ask, it shows that you did your research well

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hardeydolarpo96: 7:41am On Feb 10, 2022
Greetings all.
Please I need help with scheduling appointment. My application was denied at Abuja on 20th of January after which I have completed another DS-160 and paid another MRV fee but since then, everytime I try scheduling an appointment and select the "interviewed and/denied within the last two months option" I've been receiving response that there are currently no available appointments. Is it advisable I schedule a regular appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SimpleGuy001: 7:48am On Feb 10, 2022
Bigsecret:
if you studied Chemistry, I can bet you don’t need a loan. If your profile is good, you will get a fully funded offer tbh.

Check out Miami University of Oxford
San Francisco University

Hello Ma’am, I studied accounting at undergraduate level and I’ll like to study abroad through the graduate assistantship so I can fund my studies with it. Thinking to major in anything finance and business, please what school would you recommend?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 8:10am On Feb 10, 2022
Bigsecret:

BIGSECRET �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mrprolifik: 8:30am On Feb 10, 2022
oyeflexy4217:

I was trying to create a profile on the cgi portal but i cant find America in the drop down, Can we chat on whatsap, please i need to do this because my school resumes in April and i'm yet to secure a visa. This is my number 08063540837

It's United States of America
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shanid(m): 9:09am On Feb 10, 2022
philip2014:
Hello, what if I have enrolled for classes online and got a date mid semester...is that okay ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 9:20am On Feb 10, 2022
Becky42:
Good evening , is there anyone here with admission to University of Little rock , Arkansas ?
Yes, but I have not processed anything yet
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 10:00am On Feb 10, 2022
Hey Guys!

Don’t forget to KEEP build your social profile, as we all know it’s part of the ‘visa process’. For someone going for Graduate program(s), LINKEDIN is the best and the most preferable social link to fill up on your DS160 as it seems to be the most professional media.

The ‘social building’ kick start now, not few days to interview oh. ��

Ok, you guys can drop your LinkedIn profile link, let him grow each other’s account. �

Shalom! �

- Moshkom

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Djkama(m): 11:19am On Feb 10, 2022
GOOD DAY ALL,

Please who has suggestions of schools that gives funding for ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING graduate International students?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phoyeks: 11:31am On Feb 10, 2022
babra19:
Hi,

Please my mom’s visa expired on 28th April 2020 and she applied for this month’s dropbox, is she qualified for the 24 months instruction from US embassy?

I want to assume your mum's visa category is B1/B2, if so, she definitely qualifies for a drop box till April 27th. However, there are other criteria

you have to tick. Has she applied for a visa renewal with an appointment date scheduled before now? The U.S embassy keeps updating their

information periodically so you need to read the latest update. As at Dec.2021, there was no dropbox but there is for those that qualify based

on some new criteria. I will send the site once confirmed. Warm regards.

*Check out www.ustraveldocs.com. You can read on the Interview waver /dropbox requirements. I believe your mum's qualified. grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 11:53am On Feb 10, 2022
Shanid:

Hello, what if I have enrolled for classes online and got a date mid semester...is that okay ?

Ok, yes if you have enrolled online already it's a good explanation on why after 4 wks of resumption but make sure the program you are doing online can't be totally offered online. What I'm saying is, if the VO thinks you can actually get your degree if you continue online then you will not be needing a visa after all. So that is the backside of starting a class online. Have all supporting documents ready. A letter from the school, coursework and all of that. Most importantly, make sure you make it politely clear that it's impossible to finish your degree online without some in-person coursework in form practical or anything as relate to your post rogram.

Best of luck

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.