Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,358 members, 7,819,287 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (751) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1647023 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by rockywall: 3:08pm On Feb 11, 2022
THAT ERROR AM GETTING WHEN I want to pay

Moshkom:

Yeah, SEVIS FEE expires after 365days.

You would need to pay a new fee ahead of your next visa interview if the last one has expired.
After getting the new Sevis deets, send them to your school's International Programs (who issued you i20) to help update your documents, that you have a new SEVIS deets.
That's all.

Good luck!

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Debbiey: 3:48pm On Feb 11, 2022
Please, how do I keep checking? because when my husband was doing his, he could only access that interview date calendar page only twice and he was told that he's exceeded his limit when trying it the third time.

Is it possible for me to keep checking without actually scheduling a date

Moshkom:

No.

Date do come and go (fluctuate). You can even see Feb 14 in the next mins; mins later you might see still Jan 2023.

The normal routine is to keep checking and checking.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 3:50pm On Feb 11, 2022
rockywall:
WHAT SEVIS deets DEETS

DEETS (UK)

DETAILS (USA)

Lol

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 3:52pm On Feb 11, 2022
rockywall:

Oh! Lol. You can only pay for it in the USA. Not even Canada or Mexico. So, I guess you are trying to pay yourself in 9ja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 3:59pm On Feb 11, 2022
TabletMan:
Thanks bro
The department I am applying for just have few admission requirements but in the school site, you can upload any supporting documents that you like/have.
So I just want to know if someone have gotten admitted before without any resume or recommendation letter. As for the SOP, I will write that one and submit.

Okay, you can email the grad coordinator of your department because it's states on the school's site that some department do require those supporting documents
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by rockywall: 3:59pm On Feb 11, 2022
yes, i know and it my brother in usa ,trying to pay and not in nigeria

Moshkom:

Oh! Lol. You can only pay for it in the USA. Not even Canada or Mexico. So, I guess you are trying to pay yourself in 9ja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IntrovertGuy: 4:01pm On Feb 11, 2022
rockywall:

beejhay6*:
same school, same sevis code, you don't need to make any new payment.

Contact your School
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 4:15pm On Feb 11, 2022
rockywall:
yes, i know and it my brother in usa ,trying to pay and not in nigeria

Tell him to enter any WESTERN UNION. Send him your Sevis coupon, that you generated. When he gets to Western Union, he would find his way out.

Don’t forget WESTERN UNION, he should not try using Check; Money Order, or Card.

Good luck!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by rockywall: 4:23pm On Feb 11, 2022
hello, he know the process because it same person that help pay the first sevis fee over a year ago via western union only i cannot get a new sevis coupon because the system indicating have paid!

thank you

Moshkom:

Tell him to enter any WESTERN UNION. Send him your Sevis coupon, that you generated. When he gets to Western Union, he would find his way out.

Don’t forget WESTERN UNION, he should not try using Check; Money Order, or Card.

Good luck!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 4:30pm On Feb 11, 2022
Quagmire smiley
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 4:33pm On Feb 11, 2022
rockywall:
hello, he know the process because it same person that help pay the first sevis fee over a year ago via western union only i cannot get a new sevis coupon because the system indicating have paid!

thank you

Oh! I now get the issue. Sorry for your stress.

Try to reach out to Sevis via their support email.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 4:35pm On Feb 11, 2022
TabletMan:

So I just want to know if someone have gotten admitted before without any resume or recommendation letter. As for the SOP, I will write that one and submit.
Depends on the school. Know some that don't require Recommendation letter prior admission. So just check in with your Graduate advisor.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 11, 2022
@beejhay69, Please I have dropped you a message on the green app. Kindly reply when you deem fit.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Redfang: 5:12pm On Feb 11, 2022
I've seen a rare case where someone's payment did not expire after the one year, so check your payment status.
rockywall:
please my previous sevis paid is over one year but my school issued me a new i20 with same old sevis number ...l want to know if i need to pay a new sevis fee because Am having a problem trying to pay a new sevis fee because the system said a new payment may not be required but l read somewhere that sevis fees expire after one year... please any suggestion?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TabletMan: 5:40pm On Feb 11, 2022
beejhay69:

Depends on the school. Know some that don't require Recommendation letter prior admission. So just check in with your Graduate advisor.
UmmZayd:
Thanks bro

Okay, you can email the grad coordinator of your department because it's states on the school's site that some department do require those supporting documents
Thanks bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JaySterling: 5:58pm On Feb 11, 2022
rockywall:

thank you

I know someone that have this same issue too.

There is a solution

First of all,
1.what date was your SEVIS paid ?
2. Have you transferred SEVIS payment from one school to another before ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JaySterling: 5:58pm On Feb 11, 2022
rockywall:

thank you

I know someone that had this same issue too.

There is a solution

First of all,
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 6:33pm On Feb 11, 2022
Debbiey:
Please, how do I keep checking? because when my husband was doing his, he could only access that interview date calendar page only twice and he was told that he's exceeded his limit when trying it the third time.

Is it possible for me to keep checking without actually scheduling a date

Yeah, there seem to be a limit on daily checks. Maybe 5 or so, not sure.

When you log in; refresh the page if you don’t see a favorable date to pick, just close to the tab and come back to check out after an hour or two.
or
When you hear ‘rumor’ that “Date don dey show early dates oh”, quickly log in and pick.

Until you pick; schedule for an interview and possibly get approval, you can always and keep checking your CGi portal.

Goodluck!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bond4141(m): 6:51pm On Feb 11, 2022
beejhay69:

Exactly. I depends on the school and the program. For instance , Accounting (M.S) in Towson university only requires WES report and GRE. Nothing else. Meanwhile other programs in the same Towson requires recommendation, Sop etc.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bond4141(m): 6:54pm On Feb 11, 2022
Omo..... this thread is goated meh.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Satchy: 7:43pm On Feb 11, 2022
sbot:

Oh yes.

But you’d be needing to fill in another DS-160 form to show Abuja and update same ID on your cgi profile.

Cheers!

Thanks a lot. Please about Emergency application? My school resumes June 1st with earliest admission of May 1st. Can I apply for emergency Visa now or do I have to wait 60 days to the resumption date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Satchy: 7:48pm On Feb 11, 2022
sbot:

You really never can tell till you give it some try Sir.

Try applying for EA if possible.

Can someone with resumption date of June 1st apply for EA now?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by rockywall: 8:00pm On Feb 11, 2022
it was paid January 2021 last year and i never transferred sevis payment ...i was offered admission and i20 from same course in same university and planning to reapply visa after my previous visa refuse last year august 2021

JaySterling:

I know someone that have this same issue too.

There is a solution

First of all,

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sudo1986: 8:02pm On Feb 11, 2022
Please I want to ask a question...

My son's name is AJIBODE Justin Paul

His birth certificate carries AJIBODE Justin Paul
Local government certificate carries AJIBODE Justin Paul

But
When we collect the international passport, it carries AJIBODE Paul Justin.
I don't know who asked them to rearrange the names.

What should I do because we will be applying for visa in couple of weeks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 8:19pm On Feb 11, 2022
sudo1986:
Please I want to ask a question...

My son's name is AJIBODE Justin Paul

His birth certificate carries AJIBODE Justin Paul
Local government certificate carries AJIBODE Justin Paul

But
When we collect the international passport, it carries AJIBODE Paul Justin.
I don't know who asked them to rearrange the names.

What should I do because we will be applying for visa in couple of weeks.

I guess the mistake is from his NIN, because that is what (NIN details) they use during Passport stuff. I remember I had to update my NIN (also name arrangements) before I could re-apply for my second passport (last year), I guess I want lucky enough to have be alert by them to do that before they proceed.

Since the USA embassy only deals with PASSPORT (as identification means) and your NIN (As Passport collection means after Visa approval) and it has already been issued by immigration, it should not be a big deal. Funny enough, if you want to go through immigration again for maybe possible correction they would use more than weeks and you said you guys interview is forthcoming, not to risk it just go with it that way and try to get the courts’ affidavit to back Up. I think this way should/would do.

Good luck to you and your family, Ma!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sudo1986: 8:30pm On Feb 11, 2022
Moshkom:

I guess the mistake is from his NIN, because that is what (NIN details) they use during Passport stuff. I remember I had to update my NIN (also name arrangements) before I could re-apply for my second passport (last year), I guess I want lucky enough to have be alert by them to do that before they proceed.

What do you suggest I do then?
Does that mean I supposed to have made the correction since?
I was not given the slip when it was registered and it's because I was not around.
Is there anything I can do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sudo1986: 8:33pm On Feb 11, 2022
Moshkom:

Since the USA embassy only deals with PASSPORT (as identification means) and your NIN (As Passport collection means after Visa approval) and it has already been issued by immigration, it should not be a big deal. Funny enough, if you want to go through immigration again for maybe possible correction they would use more than weeks and you said you guys interview is forthcoming, not to risk it just go with it that way and try to get the courts’ affidavit to back Up. I think this way should/would do.

Ok, I should get affidavit to back the details in the passport up right!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 8:34pm On Feb 11, 2022
sudo1986:

What do you suggest I do then?
Does that mean I supposed to have made the correction since?
I was not given the slip when it was registered and it's because I was not around.
Is there anything I can do?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sudo1986: 8:39pm On Feb 11, 2022
Moshkom:

Thanks so much. I am actually a man.
I just want to know if I should get another local government state of origin cert and birth certificate or I should get an affidavit to show that the names belong to only one person.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 8:41pm On Feb 11, 2022
sudo1986:

Ok, I should get affidavit to back the details in the passport upright!

Yeah Yeah.

That should do, at least for the coming visa interview then after approval you would face the immigration if possible and/or necessary Ma.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sudo1986: 8:41pm On Feb 11, 2022
Moshkom:

Thanks so much. I just want to be sure of the best way. Whether to do another LGA cert and birth cert or I should just do only one affidavit to show that the names belong to only one person.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 8:48pm On Feb 11, 2022
sudo1986:

Thanks so much. I just want to be sure of the best way. Whether to do another LGA cert and birth cert or I should just do only one affidavit to show that the names belong to only one person.

Now this is deep.

But my personal advice is to follow the sequence on his WAEC result or would be on his WAEC result.

And if he’s a ‘baby’ i think getting new birth and LGA cert would be easier than going through the 9ja immigration for names correction, those people might take forever to rectify.

Don’t forget it’s MOSHKOM’s opinion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.