Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (779) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1647880 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Promoter2: 10:10am On Mar 01, 2022
Good morning guys,
GSU & UIUC applicants, any news so far?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OlamideTosyn: 10:22am On Mar 01, 2022
haywhy17:
I have seen people here not process their admission to schools in the US you expected to be given assistantship or get funding. Obviously, for you to have that notion about the school, you already did your findings about assistantship and funding availability. I have a small boy tip for you if you wouldnt say I'm back with my wahala on this thread.

please go ahead sir.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Presto12: 11:11am On Mar 01, 2022
V:O nodding his head, everything looks fine, passed the white paper�[

Congratulations bro!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pufframmy: 11:41am On Mar 01, 2022
congrat that was fast

Oluh:
Transcript: March 1st 2022
V:O pass me your I-20 and passport
v:O: I see you’re going to the Us for masters in mining engineering
Me: yes sir masters in mining engineering in West Virginia university in Morgantown.

V:O why did you chooose West Virginia university

Me: I chose West Virginia university because I have the opportunity to work with dr Yi Lou who is a professor in mining engineering whose research is on mine subsidence in coal mines aligns with my research interest which is on coal mining and also I have a full funding Whivh covers my tuition and health insurance and my living expenses.

V:0 what is your highest qualifications

Me: bachelors of engineering in mining engineering

V:O what did you do in the ministry of mines and steel where you worked

Me: I worked as an intern where I carry out technical and field reports and also join team in inspection of mines and mining activities.

V:O what do you plan to do with this degree

Me: I plan to come back to Nigeria to work in t he ministry of mines and steel where I worked as an intern so I can effectively utilize our mineral resources in Nigeria

V:O nodding his head, everything looks fine, passed the white paper�

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 11:50am On Mar 01, 2022
Oluh:
Me: yes sir masters in mining engineering in West Virginia university in Morgantown.

Me: I chose West Virginia university because I have the opportunity to work with dr Yi Lou who is a professor in mining engineering whose research is on mine subsidence in coal mines aligns with my research interest which is on coal mining and also I have a full funding Whivh covers my tuition and health insurance and my living expenses.

Me: I worked as an intern where I carry out technical and field reports and also join team in inspection of mines and mining activities.

Me: I plan to come back to Nigeria to work in t he ministry of mines and steel where I worked as an intern so I can effectively utilize our mineral resources in Nigeria

Big Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Princessemily: 1:08pm On Mar 01, 2022
Oluh:
Visa approved guys. Today March 1st 2022
God did it!
congratulations, praise be to God
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kaygirl33: 1:08pm On Mar 01, 2022
Oluh:

Congratulations dear
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Princessemily: 1:11pm On Mar 01, 2022
Oluh:
Thank you Nairaland, this thread was helpful and everyone I met here contributed to my success, more visa approval this year by Gods grace. Amen
Amen. God is faithful
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Princessemily: 1:15pm On Mar 01, 2022
Oluh:

which embassy did you go to? Is it Abuja or Lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluh: 1:53pm On Mar 01, 2022
Princessemily:
which embassy did you go to? Is it Abuja or Lagos

Abuja

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by decorum003(m): 2:11pm On Mar 01, 2022
*[/b]URGENT ANSWER REQUIRED*
Gurus in the house please I need little enlightenment, I applied for Visiting Visa early last year and I have been given appointment date of March 9, during the cause I was also given admission to NEU this year which I'm waiting for my i-20 so as to start visa processing.
The main question now is can I go for the visiting visa interview and also go for my F1 Visa interview or I should just hold on to one[b]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bnad: 2:11pm On Mar 01, 2022
Hi I wanted to ask -for the visa application, is it only 120days before the school start date you can start applying?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cutelass: 2:42pm On Mar 01, 2022
degxyflexy:
They pay different visa fee too?

Of course and fill different DS-160 form also
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cutelass: 2:45pm On Mar 01, 2022
GAPPLE:
Please how can we be sure it’s the same profile?

For both of our profiles, each of us is added as family members in each profile

Thank you.

There was no need to create two profiles, one could have been enough cos once you get a date for interview, it applies to both of you. Infact printing it will show the two names o. The same time slot. Same way if you apply for EA, applies to both of you

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olugene(f): 2:49pm On Mar 01, 2022
Congratulations!!
Oluh:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Princessemily: 3:08pm On Mar 01, 2022
Oluh:

Abuja
okay congratulations it’s not easy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vixekanem: 3:52pm On Mar 01, 2022
Congratulations
Oluh:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MommaNG: 4:01pm On Mar 01, 2022
Good afternoon. I want to ask of advise on D's issue. I newly got admission to one University in United States to study public Health but with 30% funding from the school. I do not have any means of paying the fee but I am hoping to make a try on it. Pls is there a way to copy possibly get loan or other source to fund the school fee on getting to US or how can I possibly go about it?. I obviously do not have the fee and do not have any one in US. Who has a testimony share that went through D's process?. Please advise

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kaygirl33: 4:18pm On Mar 01, 2022
Please @Walspring, I need your attention.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by laivwire(m): 4:42pm On Mar 01, 2022
Mille:

Thanks. I will.
Hello Mille, I'd like to ask a question about ISARA Lyon, can I send you a private message?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mille: 5:46pm On Mar 01, 2022
laivwire:

Hello Mille, I'd like to ask a question about ISARA Lyon, can I send you a private message?

Sure boss. I don't have access to my nairaland email but you can recommend another way you prefer it to be.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cap91: 6:14pm On Mar 01, 2022
UmmZayd:

If you have already been granted EA then you have to choose a date before the deadline. Since you're not the only one applying and the date has changed, pick one then request for an extension letter from your school (I just pray your school is not coconut head.....) But just do this

Best of luck

Visa denied
Today 1st March 2022
VO: I can see you are going for a masters degree in......
Me: yes
VO: who's sponsoring the program?
Me: Rev ...... He's my spiritual father and has Been my sponsor ever since in high school.
The VO typed for a very long time and issued me a blue paper which states that in section 214b . That I don't have a strong ties at home. Whereas he didn't ask me and I'm married with 3kids.

My question is what should be the problem and what will I do to schedule another appointment before sevis fee expires. I read from the blue paper that I need to pay for another visa fee before rescheduling.

Next question: if I pay for another visa fee, will I be able to schedule another EA because my school resumes May 16.

Please help innocent soul
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adeheritage: 6:19pm On Mar 01, 2022
decorum003:
*[/b]URGENT ANSWER REQUIRED*
Gurus in the house please I need little enlightenment, I applied for Visiting Visa early last year and I have been given appointment date of March 9, during the cause I was also given admission to NEU this year which I'm waiting for my i-20 so as to start visa processing.
The main question now is can I go for the visiting visa interview and also go for my F1 Visa interview or I should just hold on to one[b]

Just set your priority right.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 6:30pm On Mar 01, 2022
In my experience, if you want to get most things leave the big names sometimes.
My school for instance is looking for people who can teach mathematics and computer sciences.
You would be given a 100% tuition waiver and stipends.
Most courses do not require GRE and or TOEFL, NO result evaluation.

the school is Marshall University Huntington WV www.marshall.edu you might want to check it out.

Goodluck
Oluh:

I feel the guy is cruising us. He had 2,2 with full funding, scholarship and with no exams done. That seems unreal.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Progress100: 6:33pm On Mar 01, 2022
Please I have a question. The Sevis ID on my friends 1-20 is different from the Sevis ID on his Form I-90i.
We are a bit confused. Why is it so and how can we rectify it?

Bosses in the house pls help!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 6:38pm On Mar 01, 2022
Welcome to West Virginia (the mountain state).

Oluh:

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 6:42pm On Mar 01, 2022
what was your funding based on, GA,TA or RA?
If none then check if you can get any of the above, the next option is to take a loan and then get an on campus job to help you service the loan.

MommaNG:
Good afternoon. I want to ask of advise on D's issue. I newly got admission to one University in United States to study public Health but with 30% funding from the school. I do not have any means of paying the fee but I am hoping to make a try on it. Pls is there a way to copy possibly get loan or other source to fund the school fee on getting to US or how can I possibly go about it?. I obviously do not have the fee and do not have any one in US. Who has a testimony share that went through D's process?. Please advise

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by laivwire(m): 6:42pm On Mar 01, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Babnxst93: 6:42pm On Mar 01, 2022
Hello everyone please do I need to fill my ds-160 before paying my visa fee at Gtbank

Can anyone please assist me with the process

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 6:43pm On Mar 01, 2022
CHECK your DS160 information again.

Cap91:

Visa denied
Today 1st March 2022
VO: I can see you are going for a masters degree in......
Me: yes
VO: who's sponsoring the program?
Me: Rev ...... He's my spiritual father and has Been my sponsor ever since in high school.
The VO typed for a very long time and issued me a blue paper which states that in section 214b . That I don't have a strong ties at home. Whereas he didn't ask me and I'm married with 3kids.

My question is what should be the problem and what will I do to schedule another appointment before sevis fee expires. I read from the blue paper that I need to pay for another visa fee before rescheduling.

Next question: if I pay for another visa fee, will I be able to schedule another EA because my school resumes May 16.

Please help innocent soul

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 6:46pm On Mar 01, 2022
no
Babnxst93:
Hello everyone please do I need to fill my ds-160 before paying my visa fee at Gtbank

Can anyone please assist me with the process

(1) (2) (3) ... (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.