Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (780) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1647680 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adeheritage: 6:56pm On Mar 01, 2022
chibertha:
no

It is best you do it yourself so that you are responsible for the information in it, and the consistency.

But if you are ready to pay for my time, get in touch.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mille: 7:05pm On Mar 01, 2022
laivwire:

Thanks. You can buzz me on

Thanks

Thanks

You can modify.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 7:13pm On Mar 01, 2022
Kaygirl33:
Please @Walspring, I need your attention.

Am here. I got your PM and I replied since morning but no response from you till now.

Check your email junk or spam if you didn’t see my reply in your inbox.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Babnxst93: 7:34pm On Mar 01, 2022
Please is it possible to sign up without filling your ds160 cos I was told you must have fillied it before sending mail for them to assist you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hayesconcept(m): 7:54pm On Mar 01, 2022
Thanks for this info. My wife studied mathematics in both first degree and master's. I wish to apply for her but I can see the application fee is $150. Is there any way around that, like waiver for the application fee? Thanks
chibertha:
In my experience, if you want to get most things leave the big names sometimes.
My school for instance is looking for people who can teach mathematics and computer sciences.
You would be given a 100% tuition waiver and stipends.
Most courses do not require GRE and or TOEFL, NO result evaluation.

the school is Marshall University Huntington WV www.marshall.edu you might want to check it out.

Goodluck

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tonnymexx: 8:26pm On Mar 01, 2022
Hello good people, my case is this am going for another bsc course at college for 2 years course.. And I have a completed NECO result please can I use my NECO result to apply? Also please I need the affordable college I can apply. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BarrElChapo(m): 8:34pm On Mar 01, 2022
Good evening all. I have been trying to apply for Visa from Nigeria on the CGIFederal website. I saw at the top of the website that I am applying from Gambia once I log into my dashboard. Did any other person experience this issue and what was the remedy?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kaygirl33: 8:36pm On Mar 01, 2022
Walspring:

Am here. I got your PM and I replied since morning but no response from you till now.

Check your email junk or spam if you didn’t see my reply in your inbox.
Wow. Ok. I just replied you sir on my other email.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 9:06pm On Mar 01, 2022
MommaNG:
Good afternoon. I want to ask of advise on D's issue. I newly got admission to one University in United States to study public Health but with 30% funding from the school. I do not have any means of paying the fee but I am hoping to make a try on it. Pls is there a way to copy possibly get loan or other source to fund the school fee on getting to US or how can I possibly go about it?. I obviously do not have the fee and do not have any one in US. Who has a testimony share that went through D's process?. Please advise

Congratulations. Okay I'd say if you don't know how to sort the remaining fee before you even leave Nigeria, don't. Make all plans on how to clear the deficit before you leave. Although your school will have a payment plan but have a plan before you leave.

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Doubuzofficial: 9:30pm On Mar 01, 2022
Oluh:
Visa approved guys. Today March 1st 2022
God did it!

Congrats bruh.... Oya Oya Oya come Dey comot abeg

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 9:35pm On Mar 01, 2022
Cap91:

Visa denied
Today 1st March 2022
VO: I can see you are going for a masters degree in......
Me: yes
VO: who's sponsoring the program?
Me: Rev ...... He's my spiritual father and has Been my sponsor ever since in high school.
The VO typed for a very long time and issued me a blue paper which states that in section 214b . That I don't have a strong ties at home. Whereas he didn't ask me and I'm married with 3kids.

My question is what should be the problem and what will I do to schedule another appointment before sevis fee expires. I read from the blue paper that I need to pay for another visa fee before rescheduling.

Next question: if I pay for another visa fee, will I be able to schedule another EA because my school resumes May 16.

Please help innocent soul

about this. So now, how much is on your I-20 that you are paying because that was the problem. Do you have assistantship or nothing at all? If nothing at all then the VO is probably wondering how your sponsor will afford it. And the word "spiritual father" must have sent another meaning about the profession of your sponsor even if they have another profession apart from being a Pastor.

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cap91: 9:36pm On Mar 01, 2022
pufframmy:
congrat that was fast

Congratulations � to you dear
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 9:37pm On Mar 01, 2022
chibertha:
CHECK your DS160 information again.

This too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cap91: 9:38pm On Mar 01, 2022
UmmZayd:

about this. So now, how much is on your I-20 that you are paying because that was the problem. Do you have assistantship or nothing at all? If nothing at all then the VO is probably wondering how your sponsor will afford it. And the word "spiritual father" must have sent another meaning about the profession of your sponsor even if they have another profession apart from being a Pastor.
I have his Statement of account. He didn't request for it. He's a Reverend Father and not pastor
Best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 9:38pm On Mar 01, 2022
Babnxst93:
Please is it possible to sign up without filling your ds160 cos I was told you must have fillied it before sending mail for them to assist you

Assit with what exactly?? But you can leave DS160 pending till a week to your interview date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 9:39pm On Mar 01, 2022
hayesconcept:
Thanks for this info. My wife studied mathematics in both first degree and master's. I wish to apply for her but I can see the application fee is $150. Is there any way around that, like waiver for the application fee? Thanks

$150 is much oo. You can request for an app waiver
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 9:42pm On Mar 01, 2022
tonnymexx:
Hello good people, my case is this am going for another bsc course at college for 2 years course.. And I have a completed NECO result please can I use my NECO result to apply? Also please I need the affordable college I can apply. Thank you

Okay.
Why another Bsc? If that's your choice, why are you applying to a community college?
So even if you want to go for a second Bsc which is allowed, make sure you go there for free before it's not cheap. You can check Coppin State University Baltimore. It's one of the affordable universities I've seen with or without living expenses.

Best of luck

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Michealjamal(m): 9:43pm On Mar 01, 2022
BarrElChapo:
Good evening all. I have been trying to apply for Visa from Nigeria on the CGIFederal website. I saw at the top of the website that I am applying from Gambia once I log into my dashboard. Did any other person experience this issue and what was the remedy?

Yes I had the same problem. I kept calling them till they picked. They resolved it immediately... While I was speaking to them .. try calling... Load like 500naira

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 9:48pm On Mar 01, 2022
I just want to quickly say something. Please schedule mock interviews with your friends before you go for your interview. I know everyone wants to keep to themselves about leaving the country but have two or three sessions with your families or friends before you appear infront of the VO. It helps you to prepare.
Summer and Fall 2022 students are already getting approval. Don't mismanage your opportunities.

Best of luck to everyone and congratulations to those that got approval today.

12 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cap91: 9:49pm On Mar 01, 2022
UmmZayd:

Best of luck
I have my sponsors statement of account but he didn't ask for it. He's a reverend Father and also a citizen of US

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Redfang: 10:04pm On Mar 01, 2022
Congrats!
Oluh:
Visa approved guys. Today March 1st 2022
God did it!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 10:28pm On Mar 01, 2022
Kaygirl33:

Wow. Ok. I just replied you sir on my other email.

All emails replies I got I have replied back and I don’t know which one is yours.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 11:04pm On Mar 01, 2022
Cap91:

I have my sponsors statement of account but he didn't ask for it. He's a reverend Father and also a citizen of US

That's what I'm saying. You can have all your documents but you didn't even get the chance to present them. Questions can come in different ways. In your case, the VO saw your i-20 then the tuition on it then he was interested in who your sponsor is. He/she probably feels your response after that doesn't tally with the amount he/she is seeing on your i-20 or there's something on your DS 160 that shouldn't be.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Whogochuk: 11:32pm On Mar 01, 2022
Please guys I want to know the earliest time I can apply for EA. My earliest arrival date on my I-20 is July 15
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 12:09am On Mar 02, 2022
Whogochuk:
Please guys I want to know the earliest time I can apply for EA. My earliest arrival date on my I-20 is July 15

120 days prior to that date you can apply for an interview. But you won't be allowed entry into the USA within any date more than 30 days to the earliest arrival date. Hope that makes sense.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 12:21am On Mar 02, 2022
Cap91:

Visa denied
Today 1st March 2022
VO: I can see you are going for a masters degree in......
Me: yes
VO: who's sponsoring the program?
Me: Rev ...... He's my spiritual father and has Been my sponsor ever since in high school.
The VO typed for a very long time and issued me a blue paper which states that in section 214b . That I don't have a strong ties at home. Whereas he didn't ask me and I'm married with 3kids.

My question is what should be the problem and what will I do to schedule another appointment before sevis fee expires. I read from the blue paper that I need to pay for another visa fee before rescheduling.

Next question: if I pay for another visa fee, will I be able to schedule another EA because my school resumes May 16.

Please help innocent soul

From the transcript you posted it's going to be an uphill task convincing anyone that your "spiritual father" will sponsor you. You might not be aware, but by default when you stand in front of the consular officer, you are already prejudged to be an illegal migrant. i.e you should be denied entry. So you make the work of the interviewer easy by giving them poor/unconvincing answers such as this, you noticed the refusal was fast.
Hence the onus is on you to change that narrative and declare your genuineness - while this is a sad truth and invariably, maybe a harsh approach from the US immigration. You have to play by their rules. (you need them more than they need you - at the moment).

So prepare better, majority of denials comes as a result of not carefully demonstrating how you can cover your finances - which is why people would always say get full-funding and your approval is almost certain.

Yes you can apply for another EA. (Bypassing the 6 month rule) Include supporting documents. But what's most important is for you to change your circumstance. How would you cover your finances?

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 12:28am On Mar 02, 2022
Oluh:
Guys I applied for EA and it got approved today and the available date was May 23 when I’m to resume by May 16. Pls what can I do? Should I go ahead with that or still check back?

Congrats on your visa approval today. So you posted this about having a date for May 23 and you needed help to get earlier date. You might want to share information on how you got an earlier date for March 1st as against the may 23 you had earlier. It might help others baffled with same circumstance..

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AGT007: 1:17am On Mar 02, 2022
For anyone who has done interview waiver, how quickly did you get back your passport?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 1:56am On Mar 02, 2022
BarrElChapo:

Try call / email them to help change your location.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BarrElChapo(m): 1:57am On Mar 02, 2022
Moshkom:

Try call / email them to help change your location.

Do you have the address ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 1:59am On Mar 02, 2022
MommaNG:
Good afternoon. I want to ask of advise on D's issue. I newly got admission to one University in United States to study public Health but with 30% funding from the school. I do not have any means of paying the fee but I am hoping to make a try on it. Pls is there a way to copy possibly get loan or other source to fund the school fee on getting to US or how can I possibly go about it?. I obviously do not have the fee and do not have any one in US. Who has a testimony share that went through D's process?. Please advise

Yeah, there are some ‘loan companies’ out there, and some guys have successfully been a receiver of it. Check Mpower ( https://www.mpowerfinancing.com/ ) out.

Goodluck boss!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.