Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (820) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1648061 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tunnazboi: 12:14pm On Mar 23, 2022
I have filled and submitted my ds160 and also scheduled appointment on the CGI portal. Is it possible for me to create a new ds160 for a new dependent and edit my profile on the CGI portal to include new dependent and also pay visa fee for the new dependent before the interview appointment date?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by franticfargo66: 12:19pm On Mar 23, 2022
Hello guys. I have this issue and would appreciate useful information towards resolving it.

So I have an appointment date I plan to reschedule on the CGI portal. Recently I've been trying to log in but keep getting this error: "Your login attempt has failed. Make sure the username and password are correct."

Plenty google searches revealed that CGI often logs you out if you log in too frequently over certain periods looking for dates and this is likely what happened to me. Now I'm trying to email them in an attempt to get it reopened but I'm stuck with the best way to construct my email and what information to provide in it.

Has anyone previously had this issue and had it resolved, please? I'll appreciate any information on how to go about it.

Thanks.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bisolaaaaa: 1:28pm On Mar 23, 2022
UmmZayd:

The job you will fill is your PPA and when it will end.

What if the VO asks me why Im forfeiting my NYSC, instead of applying to school after I’m done.
How do I defend that ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by favch(f): 1:32pm On Mar 23, 2022
Princessemily:
you would not be needing a co-signer if you would be applying for mpower loan or prodigy finance, but I don’t know if they provide loan for undergraduate students as well, you can confirm from them

Thank you, I've checked mpower nd undergraduate can apply for a loan.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Judith20: 1:37pm On Mar 23, 2022
please can you help me with a compiled list of materials for gre and other standardized test.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Abdomox: 1:47pm On Mar 23, 2022
franticfargo66:
Hello guys. I have this issue and would appreciate useful information towards resolving it.

So I have an appointment date I plan to reschedule on the CGI portal. Recently I've been trying to log in but keep getting this error: "Your login attempt has failed. Make sure the username and password are correct."

Plenty google searches revealed that CGI often logs you out if you log in too frequently over certain periods looking for dates and this is likely what happened to me. Now I'm trying to email them in an attempt to get it reopened but I'm stuck with the best way to construct my email and what information to provide in it.

Has anyone previously had this issue and had it resolved, please? I'll appreciate any information on how to go about it.

Thanks.

Reset your password using forgot password.

CGI does not logout applicants. They only disable ability to view open dates after you login.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Abdomox: 1:48pm On Mar 23, 2022
Mrbuch1:
i applied for an emergency appointment. 24th march would make it 1 month, i havent heard anything from them. called and emailed them severally, all the customer care says is that its not in their hands, that i have to wait for the decision. its totally absurd. my program is starting on 11th april

Have you paid your Sevis and did you attach the receipt to your EA application?

What other documents did you submit for your EA?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bnad: 1:50pm On Mar 23, 2022
franticfargo66:

Thanks.

Hi, I had similar issue but I felt like my account was inactive due to the fact that I didn’t login into the portal for a month.
So I just wrote my email and did the forget password thingy. They sent a temporary password to my email and I was able to change the password and log back into my account.
So u can try that I guess

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TeeShane: 2:31pm On Mar 23, 2022
Hi �

Any marine engineering student here?

Please any recommendations for schools in US for masters in marine engineering without requiring GRE, IELTS and all?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 2:46pm On Mar 23, 2022
no idea maam
Thiwhy:

Is funding sure with environmental science? Their app fee choke so I want to confirm first
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by josh99: 2:46pm On Mar 23, 2022
Please what can be the fate of an individual that just concluded nysc applying for study visa in the United States as a self funding student??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 2:49pm On Mar 23, 2022
yes. I would reach out to all the lecturers to get a place in their lab before I apply.

Osof:
Please I will like to know more. I have opened their website and I am interested in the biological dept. Please do you know if I must have a prospective supervisor before I can be funded
thanks [1quote author=chibertha post=111270909]apply to marshall university you might get TA and a 100% fee waiver with a stipend trust me.
Let me blow your mind no GRE , IELTS and no result evaluation.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amyfid12: 3:05pm On Mar 23, 2022
Good afternoon all. Please, is there anyone admitted to Georgia State University? Also, if there's a WhatsApp group for GSU students for Fall 2022, I will love to be added. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 4:05pm On Mar 23, 2022
Bisolaaaaa:

What if the VO asks me why Im forfeiting my NYSC, instead of applying to school after I’m done.
How do I defend that ?

I still don't know what NYSC is doing here when you have PPA. The VO will ask about your job not NYSC. So yes, you should go with a letter from your job for sabbatical. There are lots of people that had jobs and before going to the embassy and they answered the questions related to leaving their jobs with no issue.

Best of luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Qpearl: 4:17pm On Mar 23, 2022
Hi guys, I've paid my sevis and visa fee, I intend to fill my ds 160 later. Please what next? how do I book interview date? As
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by marisalfred: 4:43pm On Mar 23, 2022
Please I need help, can I get any cheap school in US for MSc, I came out with 2.2 and really need schools to apply for MSc in US.
Please help a sister
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Emimaeyor(m): 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2022
Apply to University of Ilinois Urban Champaign, University Of Denver and Pennsylvania state university

marisalfred:

Please I need help, can I get any cheap school in US for MSc, I came out with 2.2 and really need schools to apply for MSc in US.
Please help a sister

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by princessademide: 5:07pm On Mar 23, 2022
Qpearl:
Hi guys, I've paid my sevis and visa fee, I intend to fill my ds 160 later. Please what next? how do I book interview date? As
How did you pay SEVIS FEE, I have paid my visa fee at Gtbank
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by FVA89: 5:12pm On Mar 23, 2022
please I need clarification on this - after obtaining my I 20, (which requires that I might have submitted my bank statement), at what other point do I have to show proof of fund again, is it when I am filling my Ds 160 form or during the visa interview. i need an answer to this question
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 5:15pm On Mar 23, 2022
FVA89:
please I need clarification on this - after obtaining my I 20, (which requires that I might have submitted my bank statement), at what other point do I have to show proof of fund again, is it when I am filling my Ds 160 form or during the visa interview. i need an answer to this question
During visa interview.
You'd present it ONLY If asked.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Qpearl: 5:16pm On Mar 23, 2022
princessademide:

Click on the link below, it will take you to the site, then click on I-901 fee payment, input your details and it will generate a pdf file, download it and send to someone in the US to help you pay at the bank, it costs $350

https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/index.html

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 5:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
princessademide:
It is paid through someone in the US. They'd go to any western union office, present your coupon and compete the payment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 23, 2022
Please can anyone suggest university in US that offers full scholarship for engineering undergraduate students
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 23, 2022
Please if you have more than one sponsor, Like a parent and an uncle, which one do you fill on your DS-160.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gentlelord(m): 6:00pm On Mar 23, 2022
cole82:
first of all register with your email with WES and pay with your Dollar MasterCard then reference number will be generated for you. Take that reference number and attach it with the transcript that's to be sent to WES.
Thanks for your response, what I was actually asking is how did you process your transcript at exams and Record in Uniben, cost and timeline.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by decorum003(m): 6:04pm On Mar 23, 2022
Ok
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 6:22pm On Mar 23, 2022
for no.1 I will say, family.

for no. 2 no

how will you come to an open site like this to ask such a question, don't you think the VOs are here too.

decorum003:
Good Evening, please to the gurus in the house
I'm about filling my DS-190 form
Here are my questions
1. In my I-20 my financial sponsors are Loan and family
Will I input this when am filling the DS-190 form
2. When filling past jobs
Can I frame a work place I can defend just asking though
Because I just finished my nysc 2years ago and I haven't been an employee of any work place

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Theflint1(m): 6:39pm On Mar 23, 2022
Na
favch:

Pls is there an application waiver code available?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by donpy(m): 7:38pm On Mar 23, 2022
Hello guys am having issues trying to pay on Gtworld app saying cannot validate passport number.
I have my i20 with Hult international Business School am new here but have been reading a lot
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Iamhighbee70777: 7:38pm On Mar 23, 2022
Awubfjrnndk:
Please if you have more than one sponsor, Like a parent and an uncle, which one do you fill on your DS-160.
Same thing you have in your i20
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Iamhighbee70777: 7:40pm On Mar 23, 2022
chibertha:

for no.1 I will say, family.

for no. 2 no

how will you come to an open site like this to ask such a question, don't you think the VOs are here too.

Like the way people act irrational at times ehn, a website assessible to anyone and everyone

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.