Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,465 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (830) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1647116 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JKtl980: 6:54am On Mar 31, 2022
Check our PVAMU Texas

Keren12:
Please can someone help me with a school that's is still issuing admission for Fall 2022 (2.2 ) candidates

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pekun210(m): 7:09am On Mar 31, 2022
Yinkagbo:

Agribusiness

I did Agricultural Economics
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TeeD(m): 7:37am On Mar 31, 2022
chibertha:
were you renewing your f1? Then you are eligible for dropbox don't you think so?

Yes I am. My flight into Nigeria last month got delayed and I missed it. Poor planning on my part I know. Now I can’t find a Dropbox date and since it could take up to 8 weeks to get my documents back, my best bet is to go the emergency appointment route. Agree?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by timefarm(m): 7:59am On Mar 31, 2022
nickishire:
Good morning house… can i pay the SEVIS fee with my GT Mastercard? And is it at the CBN official rate?

Thank you.
No, you can't pay with it.
You cant even pay it in Nigeria. You need someone to pay for you in US.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oyinkanashabi(f): 8:45am On Mar 31, 2022
How can I submit my waec results and school transcript to wes,and is it advisable to send both?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nickishire: 9:36am On Mar 31, 2022
timefarm:

No, you can't pay with it.
You cant even pay it in Nigeria. You need someone to pay for you in US.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DAramis: 9:37am On Mar 31, 2022
CC Johnwizey,

With regards to some schools which you requested, I was able to draft some list out for the ones you can check out if you don't have any. It is attached below.

NB: Fall semester application starts from August to January, 15th If you wish to be considered for priority admission and funding. If you have sponsors or obtained loan, you can still apply for admission after this deadline.

For example, for Fall 2022, Spring 2023 and Summer 2023, you are expected to apply between August, 2021 - January 15th, 2022 if you so much desire for funding. Some schools has rolling admission or 2-way admission process just like we have in Nigeria for first batch, and second batch.

Do bear in mind that, Fall semester offers most funding with limited opportunities available for Spring semester(if any). I have not heard of any Summer semester funding.

My little contribution to this thread.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DAramis: 9:49am On Mar 31, 2022
CC Johnwizey

Another shorter route, is to start reading from page 600 or 700 of this thread. When you come across those who shared about their visa interview experience, check the majority that indicated the name of school they are going to, and if they have full funding. Use pen, pencil and paper to note down those schools.

After having a comprehensive list, you can now check them out one after the other on the Internet using your smartphone. Research on the Internet is one of the important need of smartphone, not social media bro.

Over and out.

Peace

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chimae24(m): 10:35am On Mar 31, 2022
please when applying for admission, will I be asked to fill in specific WASSCE subjects related to my course of interest or I would be asked to fill in all 9 subjects, or will I be using an evaluating body eg WES and if WES, do they pick all subjects (even those not related) to my area of interest.

God bless

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chimae24(m): 10:39am On Mar 31, 2022
Please how is the WASSCE reporting and evaluation done, I just want to know gauge my expectations before going fully in cos that will also affect my choice of school and all

Pls help me out!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 10:45am On Mar 31, 2022
Oyinkanashabi:
How can I submit my waec results and school transcript to wes,and is it advisable to send both?

You will create account with WES. Then take your reference number to WAEC office and request for your result to be sent. If you're in Lagos, it's the one at Jibowu you will go. Do the same for your secondary school but your secondary School can send it direct to the school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 10:49am On Mar 31, 2022
chimae24:
please when applying for admission, will I be asked to fill in specific WASSCE subjects related to my course of interest or I would be asked to fill in all 9 subjects, or will I be using an evaluating body eg WES and if WES, do they pick all subjects (even those not related) to my area of interest.

God bless

If you're asked, fill all with the grade. And WES evaluates everything.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 10:51am On Mar 31, 2022
chimae24:
Please how is the WASSCE reporting and evaluation done, I just want to know gauge my expectations before going fully in cos that will also affect my choice of school and all

Pls help me out!

You can use the WES online calculator to have an idea. Same as all transcript evaluation to a scale of 4.0
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 31, 2022
Hello, I'm trying to connect, kindly check your email.
Thank you

Timaiko:

Hi I did,
How can we connect?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Yinkagbo(m): 1:37pm On Mar 31, 2022
Pekun210:

I did Agricultural Economics
Ok
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chimae24(m): 2:05pm On Mar 31, 2022
Hello guys , how can i calculate my wassce result using Wes, am really confused. This is my waec result below
Commerce B2
Accounting b3
Marketing A1
Economics b3
Mathematics b3
Biology C4
English C4
Igbo C6
Civic education D7

Pls can someone help me out , evaluate this result
Thanks..

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chimae24(m): 2:09pm On Mar 31, 2022
Hello guys, Please can someone recommend universities with low ranking and that can assure a safe landing in USA ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lussamguru02(m): 3:17pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lara1006:

@Temmiedara17

Hello, please have you been interviewed by the University of Suffolk.

I apply for Masters's with my HND for September 2022 intake and I got an email stating I have a Skype interview for next week.

Please any information on how to prepare for it, please. What are the likely questions and discussion, please

Good afternoon, please can you give a list of document required to complete a registration to University of Suffolk?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bisola07: 3:18pm On Mar 31, 2022
Hello I’m new here
I’m trying to apply for my F-1 visa and I have a question
Can I use an aunties bank statement or that is bad for me and how do I defend it, thank you very much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 4:05pm On Mar 31, 2022
Bisola07:
Hello I’m new here
Can I use an aunties bank statement or that is bad for me and how do I defend it, thank you very much
1. Anyone can sponsor.
2. By stating her occupation, income, assets, why she's sponsoring you, etc.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 6:04pm On Mar 31, 2022
Sorry, things happen just take it easy with you.

Except they have changed the dropbox arrangement, before it was stopped you are not given a date after applying. All you need do at the end of your application is to print the appointment page send it with your passport to the embassy or consulate as the case may be.
TeeD:

Yes I am. My flight into Nigeria last month got delayed and I missed it. Poor planning on my part I know. Now I can’t find a Dropbox date and since it could take up to 8 weeks to get my documents back, my best bet is to go the emergency appointment route. Agree?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chimae24(m): 6:44pm On Mar 31, 2022
chimae24:
Hello guys , how can i calculate my wassce result using Wes tools, am really confused. This is my waec result below
Commerce B2
Accounting b3
Marketing A1
Economics b3
Mathematics b3
Biology C4
English C4
Igbo C6
Civic education D7

Pls can someone help me out , evaluate this result
Thanks..

Someone should help me out here plsss!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oyinkanashabi(f): 6:49pm On Mar 31, 2022
I did that....but I saw where wes asked to send all school documents....

You will create account with WES. Then take your reference number to WAEC office and request for your result to be sent. If you're in Lagos, it's the one at Jibowu you will go. Do the same for your secondary school but your secondary School can send it direct to the school. [/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 7:25pm On Mar 31, 2022
Oyinkanashabi:
I did that....but I saw where wes asked to send all school documents....

You will create account with WES. Then take your reference number to WAEC office and request for your result to be sent. If you're in Lagos, it's the one at Jibowu you will go. Do the same for your secondary school but your secondary School can send it direct to the school.

Then you can send your documents to WES and they send to your school in the US. It's another way but your school in Nigeria can send your statement of result directly
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EncephalonPikin(m): 7:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
chimae24:

Someone should help me out here plsss!

A1 - 4.0
B2 - 3.6
B3 - 3.2
C4 - 2.8
C5 - 2.4
C6 - 2.0
D7 - 1.6
E8 - 1.2
F9 - 0.8 below

Your GPA is 2.84 by my estimates but if you do evaluate it officially with WES, the GPA should increase

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 7:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
chimae24:
Hello guys, Please can someone recommend universities with low ranking and that can assure a safe landing in USA ?

What do you mean by safe landing? Be explicit
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 7:38pm On Mar 31, 2022
Bisola07:
Hello I’m new here

You should be ready to explain the relationship you have with your aunt. Why is she willing to spend that much on you? What have you done so far academically to be a best bet to receive such investment. Use mom's sister or dad sister. That gives better proximity with your sponsor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.