Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (831) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1646705 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NotSoBossyBoss: 7:45pm On Mar 31, 2022
SonugaMike:

I need the pdf too. Please send to sonugamike@gmail.com. Thank you!

Please I’ll need the PDF TOO.
my email is Lasterry95@yahoo.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chimae24(m): 7:56pm On Mar 31, 2022
NigPatriot:

What do you mean by safe landing? Be explicit

I meant scholarship
Pls can you help me out thanks...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by preshogor: 8:24pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lara1006:
Please how did you apply with HND, Pls can you brief me. I will really appreciate. Thank you. I wish you success in your interview.

@Temmiedara17

Hello, please have you been interviewed by the University of Suffolk.

I apply for Masters's with my HND for September 2022 intake and I got an email stating I have a Skype interview for next week.

Please any information on how to prepare for it, please. What are the likely questions and discussion, please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TeeD(m): 9:20pm On Mar 31, 2022
chibertha:
Sorry, things happen just take it easy with you.

Except they have changed the dropbox arrangement, before it was stopped you are not given a date after applying. All you need do at the end of your application is to print the appointment page send it with your passport to the embassy or consulate as the case may be.

Well, must’ve changed. I showed up at the embassy a week after and at the final stage of documents collection, I was bounced. Because I wasn’t on schedule that day.

Dropbox appointment dates aren’t even available for some time now.

Plus, I have no idea if/how I’ll write my exams in late April and I’m struggling to carry out my TA grading and lab assignments. I can only wait for a miracle.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by littledarline(f): 9:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
Oh ok. I already got the link and watched a few of your videos. Good job

Bigsecret:
Nairaland might flag me down. They have banned me for posting link here before.

You can send me an email and I will send you the link.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by littledarline(f): 9:28pm On Mar 31, 2022
Oga at the top, thanks a bunch for not mincing words.

I will restrategize.

fairheart:

The best way to get into a funded program is to remove hastiness. Education programs in the U.S can be sometimes competitive as it is one of the fields Americans are highly interested in. So, your best bet is to apply earlier, have a solid and persuasive SOP that shows your potential as a competitive candidate. The University of Maine offers a full-ride Master's in Education, but I am certain the deadline has passed. Also, Don't wait until people here share schools; get to work and start searching for yourself.

Use Google

Master's in Education in (make a list of top first states you'd like to study) in Maine.
Universities offering Masters in Education in Texas.

You can do this for all 5 states. Note, school searching is perhaps the toughest part, especially if you want funding. But you can do it if you take your time. Also, do you necessarily have to start the program in fall 2022? What is your plan if that is not feasible? Be flexible. Spring and fall 2023 may not be a bad idea too, as you will apply for a priority deadline and that will give you an advantage for funding.

All the best
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by littledarline(f): 9:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
Thank you.

[quote author=nwaugo post=111500108][/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Danielsoncollin(m): 9:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
EncephalonPikin:

A1 - 4.0
B2 - 3.6
B3 - 3.2
C4 - 2.8
C5 - 2.4
C6 - 2.0
D7 - 1.6
E8 - 1.2
F9 - 0.8 below

Your GPA is 2.84 by my estimates but if you do evaluate it officially with WES, the GPA should increase

Because say na Unilag post utme o level grading scale � grin

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NotSoBossyBoss: 10:02pm On Mar 31, 2022
[quote author=Faskyyoung post=111504562][/quote]

Once you cancel your Visa appointment, you will have to pay another MRV fee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NotSoBossyBoss: 10:03pm On Mar 31, 2022
phemmyboy5:

Are you serious, please can you confirm if its still available by this time of the evening, I will wait for your feedback.

Thanks

Lol. Una Dey off me sometimes.. instead of uou to check, you say the person should check for u abd give u feedback. Ok o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EncephalonPikin(m): 10:03pm On Mar 31, 2022
Danielsoncollin:

Because say na Unilag post utme o level grading scale � grin

This grading system is specific to this school. My previous post is the baseline for WES last time I checked.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NotSoBossyBoss: 10:05pm On Mar 31, 2022
doodz:
Good evening everyone,

Please, I am currently experiencing a problem with creating a profile - to register as a new user in order to schedule an appointment.
It keeps giving me this error message:

Errors

Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.
User could not be created. Please ensure First Name and Last Name are entered as they are in your passport.
[i]
[/i]

What could possibly be the problem? I submitted my DS160 two days ago and paid the visa fee at GT bank yesterday morning.
I have also tried different emails but it's still the same. I called the embassy too but after waiting for long to be answered by an agent, the call drops from their end. Has anyone else experienced and got it sorted? I'd like to know how to go about it.
Please help!

Thank you very kindly.

You can call the embassy, they will create an account for you, and then you log in and book a date. This was how someone I know did hers
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Imadeomoregie: 1:09am On Apr 01, 2022
Adeagbo34:
Hello.Please I'm new here I had similar issues creating an account I was advised to send an email to: support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com and they responded and created log details for me. But Currentry I cant book an appointment date yet as the payment I made for the visa appointment since on the 29th of March is still showing invalid record when I input it on the visa appointment page I have even gone to gtbank again to notify them and they said the error is not from their end...please anyone in the house with good experience should kindly advice me on what to do. Thank you.
NotSoBossyBoss post=111542771:

You can call the embassy, they will create an account for you, and then you log in and book a date. This was how someone I know did hers
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cupcakes11: 1:31am On Apr 01, 2022
Hello guys..
Please my friend needs advise. He got his visa in January for Spring 2022 but wasn't able to resume cos his school refused to grant him an extension so he deferred to Fall 2022. He is now worried that he might have issues at the POE about why his visa issue date is January and he is just resuming in August. Has anyone experienced this and hope there wasn't much issues.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 1:39am On Apr 01, 2022
Tamad101:
Hello @Predstan, I want to pm you seeing that you studied at MTSU.
I have my visa already

Hello, unfortunately, I don’t have access to my NAIRALAND email. I’m not sure what other way we can get in contact. Also, to be forward, I graduated from MTSU and left Tennessee for good lol.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 2:39am On Apr 01, 2022
cupcakes11:
Hello guys..
Please my friend needs advise. He got his visa in January for Spring 2022 but wasn't able to resume cos his school refused to grant him an extension so he deferred to Fall 2022. He is now worried that he might have issues at the POE about why his visa issue date is January and he is just resuming in August. Has anyone experienced this and hope there wasn't much issues.

Well he should not forget to request for a new i-20 before he travels that's the most important thing. The day his visa was issued is not important as long as it's still valid

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Legit215(m): 4:25am On Apr 01, 2022
Who’s living in Seattle Washington please.
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Legit215(m): 4:31am On Apr 01, 2022
I did I traveled almost a year after I was approved. So it doesn’t matter as far as you are still admitted for the session you coming in. Don’t stress it.
Cheers.
cupcakes11:
Hello guys..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by 360great(m): 4:54am On Apr 01, 2022
Good day bro, did you also applied here or you are in prairie view already ?
JKtl980:

Check our PVAMU Texas

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by johnwizey: 5:13am On Apr 01, 2022
DAramis:
CC Johnwizey,

With regards to some schools which you requested, I was able to draft some list out for the ones you can check out if you don't have any. It is attached below.

NB: Fall semester application starts from August to January, 15th If you wish to be considered for priority admission and funding. If you have sponsors or obtained loan, you can still apply for admission after this deadline.

For example, for Fall 2022, Spring 2023 and Summer 2023, you are expected to apply between August, 2021 - January 15th, 2022 if you so much desire for funding. Some schools has rolling admission or 2-way admission process just like we have in Nigeria for first batch, and second batch.

Do bear in mind that, Fall semester offers most funding with limited opportunities available for Spring semester(if any). I have not heard of any Summer semester funding.

My little contribution to this thread.
Thank you. You’ve been of great help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Phekienhlxon: 5:51am On Apr 01, 2022
Good morning everyone,
Please I’d like to know the possibility of getting funding after starting a program.
Say you don’t get funding here in Nigeria and you apply for funding for the second semester or year. Is this a possibility?

Secondly is EIU a good school? I just got admitted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ImaReal: 7:50am On Apr 01, 2022
Chukwudi718:

Please send to me too: madekonsult@gmail.com thanks alot.

Please if you don't mind you can send me the pdf and any further material that will be helpful for the interview.

Chimeziechukwudi0@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NorthernshoreTS(m): 8:40am On Apr 01, 2022
NorthernshoreTS:
Hello
Pls who can help pay SEVIS fee?

Thanks in advance.

Shoutout to @Walspring!!!!!!! He got my SEVIS fee paid less than 24hrs after I transferred funds to him.

Appreciate the prompt and courteous service sir. I highly recommend @Walspring if you need help with payment of SEVIS.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by korexes(f): 8:57am On Apr 01, 2022

Legit215:
Who’s living in Seattle Washington please.
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DAramis: 9:19am On Apr 01, 2022
johnwizey:
Thank you. You’ve been of great help

Don't mention bro.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Debbiey: 10:09am On Apr 01, 2022
*VERY LONG POST ALERT‼️*

I'm here to say a BIG thank you to everyone who helped me correct and trim my proposed transcript here.

My Visa was approved @ Abuja yesterday 31st March, 2022

-My first Interview was on December 1, 2021 – surge date @ Lagos.
-My husband and I were interviewed by a young white female V.O
-Full funding (61k plus) covers for both of us (58k plus) with excess (3k plus)
-There was massive denial. More than 12 people before us were denied.

*F1 & F2:* Good morning ma. Happy New Month (She probably didn’t hear this).
*V.O:* Good morning. Pass your documents (we did). Which of you is the student? I pointed to my husband. V.O turns to him. Why are you going to the U.S?
*F1:* To have my M.Sc in _Engineering Education_ at University of Georgia.
*V.O:* How did you get this funding?
*F1:* I got it through my excellent performance in the series of rigorous selection process that included evaluation of my SOP, CV, my academic profile as well as series of interviews with the school’s faculty members.
*V.O:* What’s your plan after studies?
*F1:* I will be coming back to Nigeria to take up the role of the Regional Head of Dept. in my place of work. I also have a pending project with _GLOBACOM_ which I will be back to implement and complete. On the long term I intend to set up my own _Engineering Educational Institute_ in my locality here in Nigeria.
*V.O:* Where do you work?
*F1:* Nigerian Tulip Int’l College where I teach Science subjects to senior secondary students.
[V.O keeps typing but not concentrating on what she was typing, she kept looking at me with some kind of surprise in her face- maybe due to my small stature and baby face, she wasn’t just seeing a married woman]
She turns to me (F2)
*V.O:* Are you his wife?
*F2:* Yes
*V.O:* For how long have you been married?
*F2:* 6 months. We got married this year on the 2nd of June.
*V.O:* How long have you been in a relationship
*F2:* [Didn’t know what to answer. Should I say 2012, because we’ve been friends since then, but we just got engaged that same year, January. We do short courtship in our church….]
*F1 comes to the rescue:* 2012
*V.O:* So, why are you just getting married this year?
*F1:* I just got a good job last year and started plans on my marriage.
*V.O:* How much is your monthly pay? [F1 says the pay] Do you have any evidence of your relationship before marriage?
*F1 & F2:* Not here. We only brought our wedding pictures.
*V.O:* I don’t need that (she said it twice). Do you have any proof of your marriage apart from the pictures?
*F2:* Yes. Brings out marriage Certificate and gives to her.
*V.O:* Do you understand that if this document is found false, you will be prosecuted, do you want to take that risk? Do you really?
*F2:* [In my mind, I’m like, e gba mi ke? I was a bit turned off] It’s not false we’re truly married
*V.O:* Where do you work?
*F2:* I volunteer at spot-on Educational…. (V.O cuts in)
*V.O:* Why is that? Why is that? [I guess because she saw Masters in Public Health as my Highest Degree]
[So, I just didn’t know what to say again, I was fed up]
Then, she gave my husband the white paper. As she picked the blue paper, the tongues I was jejely speaking inside me just leaked out through my lips.
She looked at me and said, do you know I’m hearing you? (I said, Oh, I’m sorry about that)
She gave me the blue paper and told me to re-apply.

[N.B: We filled our DS-160 by ourselves and all info I gave about my marriage, relationship, work, everything is 100% true and corresponds with DS-160]

Another thing worthy of note is that I was busy preparing for my husband’s interview all along (his busy schedule didn’t allow him time to prepare. So, I did all the preparation for him and tutored him on strategies to answer all the questions).
I also did a little preparation for myself, but I never expected that kind of rigorous drilling for an F2.

*Transcript for yesterday 31st March, 2022*

Intro:
-I completed my application in February, had issues with CGI portal for 3 weeks which was resolved on March 1, then 3 days after, I was able to pick March 23 date which was posted to a group.
-On getting to the embassy on March 23, they said no interview (it wasn't funny). They directed us on what to do, after which we started saying June dates.
-June is a no no for me, because by then, I would be very heavy. So, motivated by a friend whose resumption is on May 3, we prayerfully went uninvited to the embassy on Monday to make complaints. -We were there for about 6-7 hours, lodging our complaints to different officers God favoured us. At about 12noon, a VIP came in to make complaints, his complaints was immediately forwarded to the Visa officers along with ours. And the reply came that they will open early dates for us, that we should go home. We obeyed, but were very doubtful as this was just a verbal assurance.
-We however planned to send them reminder mails. Do you know that I was still on the bus going home, when this March 31 and April 1 dates came up on the emergency portal? I quickly picked and called my friends to pick and tell others.
-In the midst of all these stress I kept telling God, please I don't want an anyhow date again o, just give me a date in which my Visa will be approved. And that's what HE did. I give GOD all the praise����

31st March, 2021.
-There was crowd. Many people came for interview.
-Mine was for 7:30am, I got there around 6:10am.
-Many negative thoughts were trying to enter my mind about the interview, but GOD subdued them for me using the words I received from the LORD before leaving home: "Sit Still my daughter, until thou know how the matter will fall: for the man will not be in rest, until he have finished the thing this day (Ruth 3:18)"
-After our documents and all were checked, the security man led me to the Korean man. (Interview lasted 5-7minutes. I was seriously drilled)

Me: Good morning sir (I really shouted with great enthusiasm).
KM: He looked at me and smiled, Good morning, can I have your documents? (I passed them). He sees my F2 I-20 and asks, how long has your husband been in the U.S
Me: He left on 4th January this year, so it's been 3 months now.

KM: Okay. Have you travelled before.
Me: No, I haven't travelled before (very enthusiastically)

KM: Okay. Please give me some time to bring up your husband's information on this system. Was your husband approved here or Lagos (I said, in Lagos sir). What's your husband studying?
Me: My husband is currently studying _Engineering Education_ at the University of Georgia.

K.M: Nods in the affirmative. So, you got married this year?
Me: No, we got married last year, May 29. We've been in a relationship for 8 years, we were planning our wedding for 2020, but the pandemic period slowed down our plans. (He was vigorously typing and nodding in the affirmative. Probably checking comments from previous V.O)

K.M: Where do you work?
Me: I'm a Science Instructor at Spot-On Education and Technology Services where I teach students Science and Maths and also train Science teachers on use of Technology in teaching science. (He was typing and affirming. I guess he checked my LinkedIn too)

K.M: So what has changed since the last time?
Me: Last time I was really tensed and nervous, so I couldn't answer my questions well, but I'm more confident now. I didn't come with evidences for my marriage at that time, but I'm here with them today. And I've also been moved from a volunteer to a Science Instructor in my place of work. (He was critically reading my DS 160 line by line in his computer)

K.M: How long will you be staying?
Me: I actually had initial plans stay for the entire period of my husband's study, but my employer only granted me a 6-month leave which ends on 31st October this year. So, I will return by 31st October to resume back to work.

K.M: So, will you be visiting or you will be there to support him?
Me: (The question sounded trick-ish to me) So I said, I will be visiting in order to provide him with the physical and emotional support he needs to concentrate on his study. We're a young couple, I miss him so much and call him all the time, but I don't want his mind to be divided between his studies and wife at home.

K.M: Let me have your marriage documents (types to search out some info on his system)
Me: Passed him my Marriage certificate, Change of name Affidavit, Newspaper publication, trad., church and registry pictures. (Checking the documents and confirming with his system. Then I think he also went to my Facebook page. He started looking at the twenty-something wedding pictures I gave him one after the other, until he seemed to find a particular one he was looking for. Looked at his screen again and affirms. Then he stopped and returned all my documents to me.

K.M: Everything looks good. (Keeps my passport) I will be recommending your VISA for approval (Brings out the white paper from the hidden place). Hands it over to me and says this white paper contains instructions on how to pick up your Visa.
Me: Thank you sir! Have a nice day!

I want to appreciate the sooooo many people on Nairaland and several Whatsapp groups, individuals who reached out to me personally, to encourage and tutor me on what to add and remove in order for everything to come out fine. GOD bless you all�

Especially, Moshkom, one of the most sincere, selfless, sacrificial persons without ulterior motives that I've met on this preparation journey. May God bless and reward you immensely sir�

Thanks All��

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by walerush: 10:11am On Apr 01, 2022
Did you apply for funding at all?

Or a funding decision has been made?

Phekienhlxon:
Good morning everyone,
Please I’d like to know the possibility of getting funding after starting a program.
Say you don’t get funding here in Nigeria and you apply for funding for the second semester or year. Is this a possibility?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 10:20am On Apr 01, 2022
Phekienhlxon:
Good morning everyone,

Well, it depends on the school. If they are saying there's funding available after second semester then there's funding available. Meanwhile, as a student you will have the opportunity to apply to some scholarships (private donor scholarships). The real deal is, do you have a means to pay for the first semester yourself? If yes then prepare for your visa and what you will tell the VO if asked who will sponsor you.

Best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 10:20am On Apr 01, 2022
Rascomono:
Please,is anyone attending university of new haven for fall 2022,let's exchange contacts.

I have been admitted but not yet sure , still waiting for better option.You can send me mail on Ijchichi5190@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.