Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (832) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1648266 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 10:41am On Apr 01, 2022
Patience4lyf:

It’s 8k and you pay online

8k only?nawa o and Uniben collecting Twenty something thousand.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 10:52am On Apr 01, 2022
morgang:

Just an observation-

Your visa was denied and you didn’t bother sharing your transcript so that others will advise or possibly learn. Not a good practice on this platform.

I wish you good-luck with your date search and ultimately, visa.

Hmmm my ist visa was denied in Nov 2021 also but that was bfo I found this thread. Hope to share it soon,never too late right?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by timefarm(m): 12:47pm On Apr 01, 2022
Debbiey:
*VERY LONG POST ALERT‼️*

Full funding (61k plus) covers for both of us (58k plus) with excess (3k plus)
Thanks All��

Debbiey
Thank you for such detailed report.
However, I do not really understand what you mean by school's full funding your husband got covers spouse(you) and how did he apply for you to be covered with the funding?
Because most full funding I see here, the students has to show additional proof of fund to cover any dependent(s).
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cutelass: 1:03pm On Apr 01, 2022
Debbiey:
*VERY LONG POST ALERT‼️*

I'm here to say a BIG thank you to everyone who helped me correct and trim my proposed transcript here.

My Visa was approved @ Abuja
-My husband and I were interviewed by a young white female V.O

Thanks All��

Congratulations dear, such a good news. Glad it all worked. Thank you Jesus! Holy Spirit took charge!

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by deommanuel: 1:03pm On Apr 01, 2022
Themaths:

I'm currently at University of Arkansas at Little Rock. Do you have any questions?

YES PLEASEEEEE!!! I've been searching for you all my life. Haha. I got an offer for the MS-BISA program at ualr this morning.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by deommanuel: 1:06pm On Apr 01, 2022
Becky42:
Good evening , is there anyone here with admission to University of Little rock , Arkansas ?

Hiii!! I got an offer.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cupcakes11: 2:02pm On Apr 01, 2022
UmmZayd:

Well he should not forget to request for a new i-20 before he travels that's the most important thing. The day his visa was issued is not important as long as it's still valid

Thanks a lot
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cupcakes11: 2:02pm On Apr 01, 2022
Legit215:
I did I traveled almost a year after I was approved. So it doesn’t matter as far as you are still admitted for the session you coming in. Don’t stress it.
Cheers.

Thanks a lot
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TeeD(m): 2:28pm On Apr 01, 2022
Debbiey:
*VERY LONG POST ALERT‼️*

I'm here to say a BIG thank you to everyone who helped me correct and trim my proposed transcript here.

My Visa was approved @ Abuja yesterday 31st March, 2022

-My first Interview was on December 1, 2021 – surge date @ Lagos.
-My husband and I were interviewed by a young white female V.O
-Full funding (61k plus) covers for both of us (58k plus) with excess (3k plus)
-There was massive denial. More than 12 people before us were denied.

Intro:
-I completed my application in February, had issues with CGI portal for 3 weeks which was resolved on March 1, then 3 days after, I was able to pick March 23 date which was posted to a group.
-On getting to the embassy on March 23, they said no interview (it wasn't funny). They directed us on what to do, after which we started saying June dates.
-June is a no no for me, because by then, I would be very heavy. So, motivated by a friend whose resumption is on May 3, we prayerfully went uninvited to the embassy on Monday to make complaints. -We were there for about 6-7 hours, lodging our complaints to different officers God favoured us. At about 12noon, a VIP came in to make complaints, his complaints was immediately forwarded to the Visa officers along with ours. And the reply came that they will open early dates for us, that we should go home. We obeyed, but were very doubtful as this was just a verbal assurance.
-We however planned to send them reminder mails. Do you know that I was still on the bus going home, when this March 31 and April 1 dates came up on the emergency portal? I quickly picked and called my friends to pick and tell others.
-In the midst of all these stress I kept telling God, please I don't want an anyhow date again o, just give me a date in which my Visa will be approved. And that's what HE did. I give GOD all the praise����

Congrats. Did all of these embassy encounters happen in Abuja?

I'm currently enrolled in school and I'm stranded here in Lagos. My Lagos emergency request is more than 2 weeks old and hasn't been answered. Should I go and lodge complaints like you did? Maybe I'll be lucky to get quick dates on the emergency portal.

What do you think? My last appointment was dropbox; I missed it and showed up a week after, but they refused to collect my documents
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TeeD(m): 2:36pm On Apr 01, 2022
Faskyyoung:
Good afternoon. I applied for EA via the Lagos embassy about 3 weeks ago but there has been no feedback or decision.

I am contemplating on changing to Abuja but before I do cancel my visa appointment in Lagos, I would love to confirm if I will need to pay a new visa fee before I can apply for the emergency request in Abuja or emergency request is one for Lagos and one for Abuja?

Thank you.

Looks like we're in the same boat. My emergency request has not been responded to for 2 weeks now. I can't cancel because I will be back to square one. What if Abuja request takes longer? What if I will be asked to pay a new visa fee? What if there are no dropbox dates (I'm eligible for renewal)? What ifs and what ifs...

If I were you, I'd wait for the emergency request to be responded to, which is exactly what I'm doing. My school is in session right now and I'm praying hard I get a visa before my exams.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tosinosu2011: 2:42pm On Apr 01, 2022
Bladavid:
hello, please i need this PDF, thanks
Loladeaworinde@yahoo.com

Please I need the PDF.

tosinosu@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phemmyboy5: 3:11pm On Apr 01, 2022
[quote author=Debbiey post=111552962]*VERY LONG POST ALERT‼️*

My Visa was approved @ Abuja yesterday 31st March, 2022

CONGRATULATIONS Debbie
I pray my APPROVAL transcript too will be published like this.
Can I contact you please, I will be sending you a mail now.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by doodz: 3:11pm On Apr 01, 2022
Hello everyone!

First of all, many thanks to @Abdomox and @NotSoBossyBoss who gave me the tip to send an email request for an account to be opened as a new user.

So when I tried to book, the earliest date available was January 2023 and my resumption date is this fall by August 2022.
How have you guys done it? Did any get an earlier date?

Although a friend advised that I pick the January 2023 appointment and opt for the expedited option in a month's time.
I have now scheduled my appointment for January and would request an emergency appointment later.

I would like to know if I am on the right track on this or are there are other ways? I am a new applicant!

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Danielsoncollin(m): 3:15pm On Apr 01, 2022
EncephalonPikin:

This grading system is specific to this school. My previous post is the baseline for WES last time I checked.
Nope, even before I sent that email, I have seen the grading scale multiple times in previous threads on Nairaland. I just wanted to confirm it .
Also, use scholaro GPA calculator.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Satchy: 3:27pm On Apr 01, 2022
Good day house. Thanks to everybody for your input and help. I have a question. Please I have scheduled a date (sef 27 2022) for Lagos Visa interview but the date is not because school would have resumed by then.

I want to make an emergency application to Abuja because my school starts June 1 2022. I know I might have to fill a new Ds 160 but do I need to pay another Visa fee ?.

Thank you guys.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by zanyt: 3:38pm On Apr 01, 2022
GOOD AFTERNOON ALL
HAPPY NEW MONTH
PLEASE I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME REVIEW MY DS160.
I SEE MOST PEOPLE SAYING THAT YOU NEED TO ENSURE THAT YOUR FORM IS WELL DETAILED AND ALL.
I ALSO NEED AN ADVISE ON WHAT I SHOULD PUT FOR THE REASON FOR YOUR DENIAL.
YOUR RESPONSE IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Satchy: 4:10pm On Apr 01, 2022
So I am thinking whether you applied withing 60 days to your resumption date. Did you?

TeeD:

Looks like we're in the same boat. My emergency request has not been responded to for 2 weeks now. I can't cancel because I will be back to square one. What if Abuja request takes longer? What if I will be asked to pay a new visa fee? What if there are no dropbox dates (I'm eligible for renewal)? What ifs and what ifs...

If I were you, I'd wait for the emergency request to be responded to, which is exactly what I'm doing. My school is in session right now and I'm praying hard I get a visa before my exams.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 4:17pm On Apr 01, 2022
TeeD:

Okay looks like you guys are not getting any feedback. You may have to send an email to the Abuja consulate. Narrate what happened the first time and let them know you have to return back to campus for your finals that's coming up soon. You should get a response on the next thing to do.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 4:17pm On Apr 01, 2022
TeeD:

Congrats. Did all of these embassy encounters happen in Abuja?

I'm currently enrolled in school and I'm stranded here in Lagos. My Lagos emergency request is more than 2 weeks old and hasn't been answered. Should I go and lodge complaints like you did? Maybe I'll be lucky to get quick dates on the emergency portal.

What do you think? My last appointment was dropbox; I missed it and showed up a week after, but they refused to collect my documents

You can also try the same thing as I've explained.

Best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 4:19pm On Apr 01, 2022
doodz:
Hello everyone!

First of all, many thanks to @Abdomox and @NotSoBossyBoss who gave me the tip to send an email request for an account to be opened as a new user.

So when I tried to book, the earliest date available was January 2023 and my resumption date is this fall by August 2022.
How have you guys done it? Did any get an earlier date?

Although a friend advised that I pick the January 2023 appointment and opt for the expedited option in a month's time.
I have now scheduled my appointment for January and would request an emergency appointment later.

I would like to know if I am on the right track on this or are there are other ways? I am a new applicant!

Thank you.

Yes you're right. However, still be checking if you will see an earlier date.

Best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 4:20pm On Apr 01, 2022
Satchy:
Good day house. Thanks to everybody for your input and help. I have a question. Please I have scheduled a date (sef 27 2022) for Lagos Visa interview but the date is not because school would have resumed by then.

I want to make an emergency application to Abuja because my school starts June 1 2022. I know I might have to fill a new Ds 160 but do I need to pay another Visa fee ?.

Thank you guys.

No, you don't need to pay another visa fee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ismailsulaimon(m): 4:51pm On Apr 01, 2022
Good evening everyone, pls I'm nt trying to draw anybody back here just that there are some terminologies used here that I really don't understand.

So I'm new on this forum. Firstly, I'm an HND graduate (distinction) and hoping to pursue my masters abroad. So I'm a novice in all this so pls how do I go about it?
Where should I start from?

Pls ooo have mercy on your junior brother and take your time to tutor me. Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Satchy: 5:14pm On Apr 01, 2022
Thank you so much. Please is there anyone that has even gotten Emergency Visa application in lagos? Please I want to know how long it takes them to give feedback.

UmmZayd:

No, you don't need to pay another visa fee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by zanyt: 5:25pm On Apr 01, 2022
GOOD AFTERNOON ALL
HAPPY NEW MONTH
PLEASE I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME REVIEW MY DS160.
I SEE MOST PEOPLE SAYING THAT YOU NEED TO ENSURE THAT YOUR FORM IS WELL DETAILED AND ALL.
I ALSO NEED AN ADVISE ON WHAT I SHOULD PUT FOR THE REASON FOR YOUR DENIAL.
YOUR RESPONSE IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED.
Abeg make una help me my people�
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kezzy96: 5:46pm On Apr 01, 2022
Please if you are going to Wichita State University for fall of 2022, dm me for the intended students Whatsapp group....or scan the QR code with your watsapp scanner to join

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by opamilerinayo: 6:02pm On Apr 01, 2022
31st March, 2021.
-There was crowd. Many people came for interview.
-Mine was for 7:30am, I got there around 6:10am.
-Many negative thoughts were trying to enter my mind about the interview, but GOD subdued them for me using the words I received from the LORD before leaving home: "Sit Still my daughter, until thou know how the matter will fall: for the man will not be in rest, until he have finished the thing this day (Ruth 3:18)"
-After our documents and all were checked, the security man led me to the Korean man. (Interview lasted 5-7minutes. I was seriously drilled)

Me: Good morning sir (I really shouted with great enthusiasm).
KM: He looked at me and smiled, Good morning, can I have your documents? (I passed them). He sees my F2 I-20 and asks, how long has your husband been in the U.S
Me: He left on 4th January this year, so it's been 3 months now.

KM: Okay. Have you travelled before.
Me: No, I haven't travelled before (very enthusiastically)

KM: Okay. Please give me some time to bring up your husband's information on this system. Was your husband approved here or Lagos (I said, in Lagos sir). What's your husband studying?
Me: My husband is currently studying _Engineering Education_ at the University of Georgia.

K.M: Nods in the affirmative. So, you got married this year?
Me: No, we got married last year, May 29. We've been in a relationship for 8 years, we were planning our wedding for 2020, but the pandemic period slowed down our plans. (He was vigorously typing and nodding in the affirmative. Probably checking comments from previous V.O)

K.M: Where do you work?
Me: I'm a Science Instructor at Spot-On Education and Technology Services where I teach students Science and Maths and also train Science teachers on use of Technology in teaching science. (He was typing and affirming. I guess he checked my LinkedIn too)

K.M: So what has changed since the last time?
Me: Last time I was really tensed and nervous, so I couldn't answer my questions well, but I'm more confident now. I didn't come with evidences for my marriage at that time, but I'm here with them today. And I've also been moved from a volunteer to a Science Instructor in my place of work. (He was critically reading my DS 160 line by line in his computer)

K.M: How long will you be staying?
Me: I actually had initial plans stay for the entire period of my husband's study, but my employer only granted me a 6-month leave which ends on 31st October this year. So, I will return by 31st October to resume back to work.

K.M: So, will you be visiting or you will be there to support him?
Me: (The question sounded trick-ish to me) So I said, I will be visiting in order to provide him with the physical and emotional support he needs to concentrate on his study. We're a young couple, I miss him so much and call him all the time, but I don't want his mind to be divided between his studies and wife at home.

K.M: Let me have your marriage documents (types to search out some info on his system)
Me: Passed him my Marriage certificate, Change of name Affidavit, Newspaper publication, trad., church and registry pictures. (Checking the documents and confirming with his system. Then I think he also went to my Facebook page. He started looking at the twenty-something wedding pictures I gave him one after the other, until he seemed to find a particular one he was looking for. Looked at his screen again and affirms. Then he stopped and returned all my documents to me.

Congratulations Debbiey�

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gbarinze(m): 6:20pm On Apr 01, 2022
Omo...na only 23rd November remain for this year oo ��
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Iamjosh55: 7:22pm On Apr 01, 2022
Kindly inbox my mail with the link @joshuawillu99@gmail.com
Tinafusty:
If anyone needs a genuine link of someone to help you process your admission into schools in the U.S ,u can dm me

(1) (2) (3) ... (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.