Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,470 members, 7,812,442 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1640629 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Demnan: 3:06am On Mar 25, 2021
Hello, Please, I sent you a pm, I have questions concerning undergraduate degrees in the US. Thank you.
Friedpotato:
Hello brother, your story really touched me and every day we learn that doing it ourselves is the best and not to use any agency of any kind. I finished high school in 2013 but just started school last year august so you have a lot of time ahead of you. Don't be bothered about your friends in school, everyone has their own path and I believe you have chosen the right part.

Now, if you want to make progress, you have a lot of research to do. I know for a fact that public schools in Germany, Norway, Belgium and some other scandinavian countries are tuition free. It appears your parents can pay for the living expenses so you are good to go. Start making your research and reaching out to people who are already there.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by melvin4gups: 3:08am On Mar 25, 2021
Based on what my school told me, the rule has not changed. You can print the copy sent to you for interview.

Please, i would like to ask if the printed copy of one's I20 can be on a normal A4 paper, and hope it is accepted at the embassy by the VOs?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JEmma1(m): 4:19am On Mar 25, 2021
babs4swag:
Please anyone going from lagos to missouri university of science and technology who have gotten his or her accommodation should kindly contact me, I need help regarding accommodation

please what Missouri's tuition fees for graduate certificate?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Martinogie9: 6:04am On Mar 25, 2021
Mail from school says "Your I-20 must be printed on high quality, standard US paper (8.5 inches wide by 11 inches long). Please do not use A4 paper or another size paper".

Please what is standard US paper?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiptoe1: 7:37am On Mar 25, 2021
Martinogie9:
Mail from school says "Your I-20 must be printed on high quality, standard US paper (8.5 inches wide by 11 inches long). Please do not use A4 paper or another size paper".

Please what is standard US paper?

8.5 inches by 11 inches. But VO isn't bothered about the size of paper you bring to the embassy. in fact everyone I know who went for their spring 2021 interview used an A4 paper. The standard US paper size isn't sold here in Nigeria, but if that's what you want, you can go to any paper company so they can cut it for you specially.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by homodele: 9:29am On Mar 25, 2021
Hello Ajibfo. I would like to know which of the Colorado university did you get admitted into. Is it the University of Colorado Boulder?
Thank you very much.
Ajibfo:
Good afternoon fellow nl. I got admission for masters in supply chain at coloroda with funding of 8k dol. The full fee is 78k dol. I have a sponsor which is my aunt. Am planing to pay sevis fee and apply for visa soon. Pls can I get mock questions to prepare for my interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 25, 2021
tiptoe1:

8.5 inches by 11 inches. But VO isn't bothered about the size of paper you bring to the embassy. in fact everyone I know who went for their spring 2021 interview used an A4 paper. The standard US paper size isn't sold here in Nigeria, but if that's what you want, you can go to any paper company so they can cut it for you specially.

To add, the difference between both papers isn’t much. A4 paper is 8.3 inches by 11.7 inches, the one the US uses is 8.5 inches by 11 inches.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiptoe1: 9:56am On Mar 25, 2021
PotentialNurse:

To add, the difference between both papers isn’t much. A4 paper is 8.3 inches by 11.7 inches, the one the US uses is 8.5 inches by 11 inches.

Exactly, just a slight difference
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by drlucky17: 10:39am On Mar 25, 2021
Anyone going to Brandeis here
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cabayes: 11:07am On Mar 25, 2021
It's been a long time☺️☺️
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UZAD: 11:13am On Mar 25, 2021
Please help, I was not sent any appointment confirmation. I have booked appointment last week.

How do I go about it?
[qquote author=urchdiya post=100185471]

You have to schedule an appointment first. The appointment confirmation will be mailed to you and you can print that copy. Scheduling appointment is from the box she talked about [/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cabayes: 11:17am On Mar 25, 2021
barleeh:
I got admitted for PhD in civil Engineering at Illinois institute of Technology Chicago, Trying to process my 1-20 document ASAP, is there anyone in the house that got admitted in the same school, let’s relate, what level at u at for the processing of d I-20 document and visa appointment. Thank you

When you get your visa, get warm clothing and shoes. It's cold and expensive especially this covid season.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cabayes: 11:23am On Mar 25, 2021
misslag:
Hello house, Please did anyone apply to Ohio university,MA international development and has gotten admission.

Apply to other schools in the south or north East
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 11:27am On Mar 25, 2021
horlahsunbo225:

Waiting for admission at Iowa state university, or funding from TTU else going with Montana

Ok
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fabuloski(m): 11:51am On Mar 25, 2021
What's the plan with Lagos date that is currently January 2022 now? That date won't work for any fall guy.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TEMIT0PE: 11:57am On Mar 25, 2021
This is simple. Book that January you are seeing like that. When you program start date is within 60 days, you can request for an emergency appointment (there is a tab to request in your portal). The emergency request will be granted in less than 12 hours and you will be provided with dates very close to the date you requested your emergency.

I am for Summer 2021 (program start date of May 26th). I initially got interview date of May 4th, but i requested for emergency this past Monday and got a new date of April 6th.

Fabuloski:
What's the plan with Lagos date that is currently January 2022 now? That date won't work for any fall guy.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ChinmaRoxy(f): 12:34pm On Mar 25, 2021
Good afternoon everyone. I am having difficulty filling DS -160 form. Since morning I have been trying to complete the form but it keeps timing me up within seconds. When I click on retrieve application, it doesn't take me to the application page. This is quite frustrating!! Please, what should I do?

Again, I received my 1-20 yesterday but no information on my spouse even though I indicated that I am traveling with him. Do I need to write to school to send 1-20 for F2 visa? Please, I need urgent responses. Thanks!!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jimga(m): 1:03pm On Mar 25, 2021
ChinmaRoxy:
Good afternoon everyone. I am having difficulty filling DS -160 form. Since morning I have been trying to complete the form but it keeps timing me up within seconds. When I click on retrieve application, it doesn't take me to the application page. This is quite frustrating!! Please, what should I do?

Again, I received my 1-20 yesterday but no information on my spouse even though I indicated that I am traveling with him. Do I need to write to school to send 1-20 for F2 visa? Please, I need urgent responses. Thanks!!!!

hi ChinmaRoxy, write to the International office through a reply to the email you got with the F1 attached. Inform them about the need to include your dependent (s). You will be asked to send a statement of account with a balance enough to cater for your dependent(s) as stipulated in their required fund for that purpose. If you are able to satisfy them on that, a new F1 & F2 forms will be generated within minutes ( writing from experience )
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kayjay69(m): 1:05pm On Mar 25, 2021
Hi guys, so I have a bit of a concern I'd like some clarification.

The financial statement I used to obtain I-20 is different from that which I will be taking along to the embassy, but the name on the statement remains same and tallies with what is on the I-20.

Is there any cause for concern? Must the financial statement I tendered to the school for the I-20 match that which I take to the embassy?

In addition, do schools upload financial statements sent to them during processing of I-20 to be cross referenced by VO on interview day?

Kindly help out, thank you!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by omofolajomi: 1:12pm On Mar 25, 2021
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I trust we all are having a good day

Please i need help, i just went through my 2 letters of rejection i have with me and i discovered i have only had same issues: we find you eligible under section 214b. Which is strong home ties.
I am trying to apply again, i dont know how to actually prove to the VO that i am going to return and i have a home tie.
Please any one that can suggest what to do so as to prove this to the VO.
I really want to get it right this time
I will appreciate all the contribution i can possibly get.
Thanks
kayjay69:
Hi guys, so I have a bit of a concern I'd like some clarification.

The financial statement I used to obtain I-20 is different from that which I will be taking along to the embassy, but the name on the statement remains same and tallies with what is on the I-20.

Is there any cause for concern? Must the financial statement I tendered to the school for the I-20 match that which I take to the embassy?

In addition, do schools upload financial statements sent to them during processing of I-20 to be cross referenced by VO on interview day?

Kindly help out, thank you!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ChinmaRoxy(f): 1:15pm On Mar 25, 2021
jimga:
Thank you very much for your response. Already, I sent the SOA that covers my spouse and I. On the form I filled, I also indicated that he is accompanying me and the extra fund required. I will do as you adviced, thanks!

Is there anything I am doing differently on the DS-160 form? I can't retrieve my application page and this made me keep clicking on start application and it has resulted to having up to five application Id.

hi ChinmaRoxy, write to the International office through a reply to the email you got with the F1 attached. Inform them about the need to include your dependent (s). You will be asked to send a statement of account with a balance enough to cater for your dependent(s) as stipulated in their required fund for that purpose. If you are able to satisfy them on that, a new F1 & F2 forms will be generated within minutes ( writing from experience )
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kayjay69(m): 1:19pm On Mar 25, 2021
Okay, but why did you quote me, you could have posted this separately.
I have never been to the US embassy before hence I cannot answer your questions.
omofolajomi:
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Please i need help, i just went through my 2 letters of rejection i have with me and i discovered i have only had same issues: we find you eligible under section 214b. Which is strong home ties.
I am trying to apply again, i dont know how to actually prove to the VO that i am going to return and i have a home tie.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emperordelis(m): 1:23pm On Mar 25, 2021
fairheart:
IF YOU NEED GRE MATERIALS, QUOTE AND DROP YOUR EMAIL UNDER THIS COMMENT.

Good day fairheart,please I will need GRE materials
francisobidiwe.fo@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by customised87: 1:27pm On Mar 25, 2021
omofolajomi:
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Thanks

Things you can use as hometies are spouse,children, job and stuffs like that
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jimga(m): 1:40pm On Mar 25, 2021
[quote author=ChinmaRoxy post=100199904][/quote]

you are welcome,
As regards DS-190 retrieval, pay attention to CAPSLOCK, figure 0 and not alphabet o, security answer, date of birth etc. I don't think anything is wrong with the site for not retrieving previous applications.
Best
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ChinmaRoxy(f): 2:39pm On Mar 25, 2021
jimga:
Ok, thanks a lot.

you are welcome,
As regards DS-190 retrieval, pay attention to CAPSLOCK, figure 0 and not alphabet o, security answer, date of birth etc. I don't think anything is wrong with the site for not retrieving previous applications.
Best
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dunsinunchained(m): 2:46pm On Mar 25, 2021
Afternoon House.

If you applied to MA Econs programme at GSU Fall '21, the info from the prog director is for you.

Admission decisions for those applying by the February 1 deadline should be coming out soon, probably sometime over the next week.

Goodluck to us.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 3:10pm On Mar 25, 2021
ChinmaRoxy:

Try changing sim cards. I think this problem occurs often on one of these : Mtn or Airtel. If you're using Mtn, switch to Airtel and vise versa.

If none of that works, download a vpn app from your app store. Look for any free vpn, there are lots. Launch the VPN and set it to a country eg US or UK or Germany.

Go back to your ds form. If the first step doesn't work for you, the second step will easily solve the problem.

All the best.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 3:16pm On Mar 25, 2021
omofolajomi:
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Thanks
In addition to what the person above said, note that 'ineligible under section 214b' is a generic refusal reason given to almost everyone. So even if you go to the embassy and keep mute during your entire interview, you'll still get the 'home ties' rejection reason.

Prepare well for your next interview, hope for the best. On the day you'll be approved, the VO might not even ask you a single question about your home ties.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by omofolajomi: 4:42pm On Mar 25, 2021
Thanks for your response.
customised87:

Things you can use as hometies are spouse,children, job and stuffs like that

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by omofolajomi: 4:43pm On Mar 25, 2021
Thank you for your contribution
Stevenssen:

In addition to what the person above said, note that 'ineligible under section 214b' is a generic refusal reason given to almost everyone. So even if you go to the embassy and keep mute during your entire interview, you'll still get the 'home ties' rejection reason.

Prepare well for your next interview, hope for the best. On the day you'll be approved, the VO might not even ask you a single question about your home ties.

All the best.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheEnforcer: 5:18pm On Mar 25, 2021
cabayes:

When you get your visa, get warm clothing and shoes. It's cold and expensive especially this covid season.
Spring is here so it's getting warm in the Eastern coast.Winter is gone .

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.