Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,659 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1640745 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by prodigy20: 5:29pm On Mar 25, 2021
Hello Guys. I just got admission with Michigan Tech for civil engineering. I was also awarded a scholarship of $9k. Please i don't intend to pay any other fees until i get there. What are my chances to get a visa and how can i go about it. Please someone should help me out.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mbolajide2010: 5:50pm On Mar 25, 2021
I just got admitted into APSU with GA in the waiting hopefully. Who is going and has been given admission.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by misslag(f): 5:58pm On Mar 25, 2021
[quote author=cabayes post=100196838]

Apply to other schools in the south or north East
Why did you suggest that.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by asajudamilola: 6:17pm On Mar 25, 2021
Hi guys

I just heard from a friend that for USA visa interview, you don’t need bank statements. She said she heard from a friend who went for her interview last week.

She said the bank would give a code or something like that then the embassy contacts them directly.

Please how true is this?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 25, 2021
asajudamilola:
Hi guys

I just heard from a friend that for USA visa interview, you don’t need bank statements. She said she heard from a friend who went for her interview last week.

She said the bank would give a code or something like that then the embassy contacts them directly.

Please how true is this?
well you can send your statement to the embassy directly that’s called “my bank statement “
But it’s mainly used for Canadian visas But still print out your BS / likewise you can send it to them if you feel like it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ju5na34ra: 7:04pm On Mar 25, 2021
Moshkom:

Good day bro, I think I love your reply to the “ why US and not Nigeria”
But bro, I’m sure you’d need to explain more and more, because that’s too short. Like, you can also have that said international experience in another country which is not US, like Canada, UK and co.

After or before that your answer up there, why not add HOW USA IS THE HOME OF TECH, which is like the best bet for you. We’ve head1/4s of top tech companies (MicroSoft, Apple, Intel etc) there which might and definitely make intern and research easy for you unlike you schooling and offering the said course in any other country or your country.

Just try make research on that and use your own words to add up on your propose transcript.

Luck!

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by asajudamilola: 7:23pm On Mar 25, 2021
Malone122:
well you can send your statement to the embassy directly that’s called “my bank statement “
But it’s mainly used for Canadian visas But still print out your BS / likewise you can send it to them if you feel like it

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Martinogie9: 7:25pm On Mar 25, 2021
Good evening please for someone using his stepfather as sponsor, what will he choose in the column for relationship to student? No stepfather option there.

Meanwhile I-20 is carrying "family " as source of funding

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ndindiatu: 7:27pm On Mar 25, 2021
Hello everyone. I want to use this opportunity to thank those that encouraged me to proceed with accelerated
nursing . Last 2 yrs ago ,I asked for advice on this forum about going foo accelerated nursing at my age.. My dear , just to encourage those mamas the same age with me oh. I am excelling oh with flying colors oh. I cant believe my brain oh, after leaving UNN 23 yrs ago. I am doing great possibly by Gods grace will graduate next year. My dear e no easy. Though I almost went mad during Anatomy 2. I was working and wasn't having enough sleep which in a way touched some dendrites in my brain oh but I thank God I excelled. . May Jehobah bless all our hustling . I love u all .kiss kiss

28 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 7:42pm On Mar 25, 2021
emperordelis:

Good day fairheart,please I will need GRE materials
francisobidiwe.fo@gmail.com
Okay, I will send it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Istanbul8819: 7:53pm On Mar 25, 2021
I was offered full funding for a master's degree program in the USA, Illinois to be precise. The graduate school sent the contract, it has $1000 monthly stipend and all tuition waived, and I was asked to sign it and send the hard copy back to them. I am not to scan it or send it via a email. I am intending to send it to them via FedEx. I am asking if that is the way it is done, because I was wondering why I couldn't sign it and just scan it back.

I will be requesting my I-20, can I ask them to send it via email or I need to receive it via courier? I don't want any stories when I go for my interview with the VO if I present a printed on sent by email. Kindly advise me on that.

Also, what is the current price for SEVIS fees and Visa fees so I can prepare to be at the embassy. And if I start the processing what is the appointment timeline, hope I can get an appointment soon a I will be resuming in Fall.

And I don't mind connecting with would be students of the same institution going there this Fall 2021 who are Nigerians. The school is Eastern Illinois University. Thanks

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abbeyd17(m): 7:59pm On Mar 25, 2021
Istanbul8819:
I was offered full funding for a master's degree program in the USA, Illinois to be precise. The graduate school sent the contract, it has $1000 monthly stipend and all tuition waived, and I was asked to sign it and send the hard copy back to them. I am not to scan it or send it via a email. I am intending to send it to them via FedEx. I am asking if that is the way it is done, because I was wondering why I couldn't sign it and just can it back.

I will be requesting my I-20, can I ask them to send it via mail or I need to receive it via courier. I don't want any stories when I go for my interview with the VO.

Also, what is the current price for SEVIS Fees and Visa fees so I can prepare to be at the embassy. Thanks

Which school bro? Western Illinois?
Congrats on the GA

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Istanbul8819: 8:05pm On Mar 25, 2021
Eastern Illinois University. Thanks a lot. Please kindly answer my other questions too. Much thanks.
abbeyd17:

Which school bro? Western Illinois?
Congrats on the GA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lentomac: 8:29pm On Mar 25, 2021
140 Universities in the US is offering assistantships in Physics

https://www.gradschoolshopper.com/gradschool/

Visit the link below to see

Research Areas in PHYSICS and the schools that are fully-funded for GA, TA, RA , Fellowship etc (FINANCIAL AID PACKAGE)
https://www.gradschoolshopper.com/gradschool/rankby.jsp?q=3&cid=7

PHYSICS GRADUATES leverage on this

Copied####

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Munaxara: 8:32pm On Mar 25, 2021
Who got admission for Missouri state university?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ChinmaRoxy(f): 8:37pm On Mar 25, 2021
Stevenssen:

I really appreciate!!! I will do as you advised.
Thanks.

Try changing sim cards. I think this problem occurs often on one of these : Mtn or Airtel. If you're using Mtn, switch to Airtel and vise versa.

If none of that works, download a vpn app from your app store. Look for any free vpn, there are lots. Launch the VPN and set it to a country eg US or UK or Germany.

Go back to your ds form. If the first step doesn't work for you, the second step will easily solve the problem.

All the best.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 25, 2021
Munaxara:
I did and everything was sent at once because I submitted all docs at once
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 25, 2021
Martinogie9:
Good evening please for someone using his stepfather as sponsor, what will he choose in the column for relationship to student? No stepfather option there.

Meanwhile I-20 is carrying "family " as source of funding

Other relative
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Denuga91: 9:16pm On Mar 25, 2021
Guys while filling my ds160 I saw this: "passport book number". Is it applicable to nigeria?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kuwtify90: 9:27pm On Mar 25, 2021
Were you offered any sort of funding?
Malone122:
I did and everything was sent at once because I submitted all docs at once
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Martinogie9: 9:34pm On Mar 25, 2021
Thanks for always being there for me.
PotentialNurse:

Other relative

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Istanbul8819: 9:39pm On Mar 25, 2021
Istanbul8819:
I was offered full funding for a master's degree program in the USA, Illinois to be precise. The graduate school sent the contract, it has $1000 monthly stipend and all tuition waived, and I was asked to sign it and send the hard copy back to them. I am not to scan it or send it via a email. I am intending to send it to them via FedEx. I am asking if that is the way it is done, because I was wondering why I couldn't sign it and just scan it back.

I will be requesting my I-20, can I ask them to send it via email or I need to receive it via courier? I don't want any stories when I go for my interview with the VO if I present a printed on sent by email. Kindly advise me on that.

Also, what is the current price for SEVIS fees and Visa fees so I can prepare to be at the embassy. And if I start the processing what is the appointment timeline, hope I can get an appointment soon a I will be resuming in Fall.

And I don't mind connecting with would be students of the same institution going there this Fall 2021 who are Nigerians. The school is Eastern Illinois University. Thanks

Someone should kindly reply me. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by easycare77: 9:46pm On Mar 25, 2021
I think if they asked you to send a hard copy of the signed offer, you should. You may not get i20 until the form is probably received by them.

Some schools don't mail i20 and if they are one of them, they would send it to you using courier which you should get in days.

Sevis is $350. Visa fee as at last week was #67200.

Appointment date starts from 2022 January and starts coming down as days of your resumption draws near or as the embassy opens dates.

You should be Interviewed before your resumption date though. The emergency route too is available.

If you ask me, get your i20 first as you can't do Visa registration without it.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukkymbo: 10:02pm On Mar 25, 2021
Istanbul8819:

Someone should kindly reply me. Thanks

SEVIS FEE IS 350USD(TELL SOMEONE IN USA TO HELP YOU PAY VIA WESTERN UNION,YOU WILL GET THE LINK TO PRINT YOUR RECEIPT INSTANTLY ON YOUR MAIL.)

WHILE VISA FEE IS 160USD/67200 NAIRA(TO BE PAID AT ANY GTBANK).

Hope this helps...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cabayes: 10:08pm On Mar 25, 2021
[quote author=misslag post=100207694][/quote]
Multiple reasons for your general benefits. Stay away from Midwest and far north. Look at public schools in texas, maryland, florida, georgia.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cabayes: 10:10pm On Mar 25, 2021
Munaxara:
Look for better school oga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 25, 2021
Please who knows how loans work. Someone who got admission to my school is having issues getting proof of funds for I-20. If the person wants to take a loan, how do they go about it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Istanbul8819: 10:44pm On Mar 25, 2021
bukkymbo:

SEVIS FEE IS 350USD(TELL SOMEONE IN USA TO HELP YOU PAY VIA WESTERN UNION,YOU WILL GET THE LINK TO PRINT YOUR RECEIPT INSTANTLY ON YOUR MAIL.)

WHILE VISA FEE IS 160USD/67200 NAIRA(TO BE PAID AT ANY GTBANK).

Hope this helps...

It does. Thanks a lot
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pompeiimagnus: 10:47pm On Mar 25, 2021
Istanbul8819:
Eastern Illinois University. Thanks a lot. Please kindly answer my other questions too. Much thanks.

Congrats, that's a very good offer. I think you can use the "fill & sign" tool on Adobe to electronically sign the offer letter, and email to them without having to print it. That should work unless they insisted on mailing the hard copy.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Istanbul8819: 10:47pm On Mar 25, 2021
easycare77:
I think if they asked you to send a hard copy of the signed offer, you should. You may not get i20 until the form is probably received by them.

Some schools don't mail i20 and if they are one of them, they would send it to you using courier which you should get in days.

Sevis is $350. Visa fee as at last week was #67200.

Appointment date starts from 2022 January and starts coming down as days of your resumption draws near or as the embassy opens dates.

You should be Interviewed before your resumption date though. The emergency route too is available.

If you ask me, get your i20 first as you can't do Visa registration without it.
Thanks a lot. I appreciate your input!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Istanbul8819: 10:48pm On Mar 25, 2021
pompeiimagnus:

Congrats, that's a very good offer. I think you can use the "fill & sign" tool on Adobe to electronically sign the offer letter, and email to them without having to print it. That should work.

Thanks a lot. Thanks I appreciate your reply
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by area74: 11:13pm On Mar 25, 2021
Congratulations! Which course were you given GA? I also have an admission offer in the MBA program of the same school.

It is better for you to comply with the instruction. What you have is a gold and you have to look at the bigger picture rather than focusing on the amount to courier it to the US. Some schools still send e-copies of the I-20 while others courier it to the students.

Istanbul8819:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.